Sketching The Stars (Oshi no...

By secret_identity00

"I hope you live a happy life, my lil star" "I'll promise to make it easier for you. So just rely on me." "... More

Author's note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Character Reveal!!
Chapter 19

Chapter 12

6.5K 252 37
By secret_identity00

"Honestly, I feel like I'll get it! Last time I couldn't apply because of the age restriction. I've been waiting for this audition to come back for 2 years!" Ruby spin around in happiness, expecting a good result from the idol audition.

Her friends smile at her, "You're cute, and you can dance well! But your singing is a bit..."

"A bit?"

"But you have enough charm and charisma to make up for that one weak point."She refused to continue and change the topic.

"Weak point?"

"Anyway... I'll make this audition a sure thing!" No matter what they say, her passion is still as bright as the newborn star.

'And then... I'll become an idol like mom was'

Ruby's POV

My name is Hoshino Ruby. I have two secrets I can't even tell my friends.

My mother is legendary idol "Ai", who was killed by crazed fan.

And the other, I have memories of a previous life. My body was weak since I had been born. I spent most of my life in a hospital. What did I do for fun?

I obsessed over my favourite idol Ai like an otaku. Even at the moment my life was extinguished, Ai's song reverberated in my head.

... but the moment I opened my eyes, I have been reborn as Ai's child.

Ai...

The few years I spent with mama before she died...

Were a treasure to me.

Author POV

"I'll be like mama!" She said with enthusiasm.

Suddenly her twin brother, Hoshino Aquamarine, came and hit her head softly with a book.

"Talking about your dream is fine but the high school entrance exams are coming up." He remind her.

"You just don't get it onii-chan. I'm going to be an idol. High schools with drama departments focus on the interview. Academics are just for reference. If  I become an idol, I won't need to study for entrance exams. It's like hitting two birds with one stone" Her face show no regret or hesitation.

"Don't gamble your life on this trivia." Aqua stare deep into her eyes.

"I don't mind if you dream about idols. But don't dream about becoming an idol. They essentially have a tiny salary. And by 30 they have to stop. Your daily life is constantly scrutinised by fans."

Ruby frown. "The number of people who stay in the industry after graduation is low. In the end, most people move on to another kind of job. There aren't many jobs where the cost and return and return are so mismatched," Aqua continued.

Ruby refuse to accept this. She glared at him. "What is your point? Life is about doing what you want to do! If you just keep keep talking costs this, return this, you won't accomplish anything." Her voice is stern, showing how much she displeases by his brother mindset.

Life can end before you get a chance to accomplish anything, it happens. I don't want to live like that."

Ruby is tired of her life. Isolated inside the hospital wall with unpleasant smell of the medicine. Everything is impossible for her to do. And she is not happy.

The life she has been given, never a second she wanted to waste it. This time, the girl choose to chase her dream. Doing anything she want and  accomplish everything in her wish list.

Aqua sigh. "Do whatever you want. I'm headed to the director place."

Before reaching the door, he went to the couch, checking up on his sleeping lil brother. He put their forehead together, the same gesture Ai once did to them, every time they're sick.

"His temperature is going down... that's great..."

Aqua let out a relieved sigh. He pull up the blanket to his neck to make sure Astra get enough warm.

Ruby smiled staring at them. Aqua changed after Ai died. He always has a gloomy look on his face. He never seems to enjoy anything. Since becoming the director's pupil, it always looks like he's doing something...

But one thing for sure, is that his love and care towards their lil brother never decreases even a little.

Her smiled slowly turned upside down. Remembering the fate Astra in...

It pain her so much. He was just released from the hospital a week ago and immediately got a high fever a few days after. Maybe it was some reaction from the injection. Astra immune system is weaker than others.

Because of his sickness, all of his childhood was spent in hospital room. Just like her old self...

Aqua has been the one who teach him everything while Ruby being his emotional support. Because she never had once...

The pain she'd been through, the loneliness...

she refuse to let Astra felt it too.

The twins act like a parent towards him. Teaching, taking care and giving love...

everything.

Miyako has taken them under her wings, yet she is busy after President Saitou disappearance. Taking care of the big company is not easy. Especially, when it happen right away after Ai's funeral. B-Komachi has disbanded and they stopped having an idol department. Instead they spread their influence by managing internet talent, and now that's their main focus.

Despite that, she tried her best to give the love that they lost and become a good mother towards the triplets.

Ruby snapped back to reality as the door opened.

"いただいます(I'm home)." Miyako face show how tired she is handling the company with less hand helping her.

"おかえりなさい (welcome back)." Ruby greet her second mom. She went to help her putting the groceries. "Ah, thank you..."

Miyako walk towards the table and rest her head in her arms. She looked at the sofa to see Astra sleeping soundly.

"His fever has gone down a little." Ruby said to her while keeping away all the things Miyako bought. "That's good..." Miyako sigh.

"You're back early today."
"I am. Having a sick child at home is not to be taken lightly."

Ruby smiled. Miyako sacrificed a lot for them. Her time at office had been reduced a lot just to take care of Astra. Their school payment and Astra medication bills were all handled by her. Never did once she complained about it though. Which just show how great she is at becoming their mother. It's true, human are not perfect, but she's trying her best.

"Hey, why don't you start up an idol group again?" Ruby walked to the sofa with ice cream in her hold.

"You say that as if it was easy. I would want to if it were possible. The dream Ai showed us was an experience I can't forget. The more I do this job, the more I understand a miracle like that won't happen twice. I can't help but think of that like winning the lottery. Real life won't go smoothly." Miyako stared at her with tired eyes.

Ruby felt bad. She doesn't mean to bring any bad memories... especially with her looking tired after a day working. And it's all for them to have a good life.

Just like how Ai wanted.

"Despite that..."

"Despite that...?" Ruby asked her to continue.

"Never mind... anyway, it's about time to hear the results of your audition." Miyako looked away, try to dismiss the topic. She stand up and sat beside her.

"If you pass, by convention you'll be affiliated with them. They're a better established office."

"Well, that's true..."

As if it was being summoned, Ruby's phone ringing. "Speaking of the devil..."

She touch the green call button slowly as her heart beating faster. She took a deep breath and answer the phone call.

Will she finally get the chance to be an idol? 2 years of training and patience...

Every second her heart beat faster waiting for the result.

"— —— —- —- -"

Ruby eyes turn dull as she heard the replied. After the phone called end, her tears slowly dripping down her face, showing her sadness.

Miyako engulfed her in hug, wishing to give her comfort.

"I didn't make it..." Ruby's voice quiver as her heart break into pieces.

"That's what reality is like. There are various politics. Even if you really have ability, you can't expect a fair trial. Not everyone can do it like Ai." She kept on rubbing her back.

"Nee-san?"

Ruby tuned around to the voice, as she saw Astra looking at her with worried expressions. She wiped her tears with her sleeve and put on a smile. No. She can't saw her weak side. She is a sister. She should not supposed to make his lil brother worried.

"Sorry... did I wake you up?"

No. She can't show her weak side. She is an older sister. She should not supposed to make his lil brother worried.

Despite that...

She could feel the warm as she was embraced in hug. "It's okay..."
The tears she'd been holding, falling out again.
Of course. He know.

He always know. It has always been like this from the start.

Ruby cried out in his hold, letting out all the frustration. Astra kept whispering comforting word and rubbed her back.

The twins may act like a parent, but Astra has always know the truth.

*************************************

"We'll look forward toward your participation next time" After ending the called, he throw the phone back to his owner. "Thanks director"

"You're tricking your own sister. Pretty good for an actor. What will you do if she gets a call from the actual person in charge?" Taishi leaned back to his chair.

"I've sent them a text withdrawing from the competition. And I blocked their number."

"You didn't let anything slip by you... I don't get it. Why would you go so far to crush your sister's dreams? She's quite the beauty, she could go surprisingly far." He glance at the teen he had been raised for almost 13 years now.

"Don't finish what you're saying. I will absolutely not allow her to follow in Ai's footsteps. I won't let Ruby become an idol" His ocean eyes glints in form of a dark star.

"You're way too overprotective... You Siscon."

—————————————————————
Author's note!
Re writing this chapter make it a little bit more emotional. Hope you like it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 205 24
What happens when a girl ends up in her favorites anime? Not only just her but with her two twins siblings! Dsuana and Louis. A family that never mee...
154K 6.2K 140
Mikan now leans away. She grabs Akako's hands in hers and brings them close to her face, not being able to look at Akako. She speaks into her sisters...
79.2K 2.5K 34
Y/N was Ai Hoshino's biggest supporter, She met Ai when she was a child, and she gave the adoption center Ai was at some money and food. Ai and Y/N h...
22.3K 541 16
the both of you were worlds apart. Ai Hoshino, the idol of B-Komachi, although she has begun expanding to things such as acting, also a secret mother...