Chapter 17

"Looking at this crowd

"Looking at this crowd...really reminds me of just how many people were involved."

Aqua and Kana walk side by side through the crowd. Kana's appearance was eye-catching with a small ribbon tied to her left side of the hair. His partner chose to wear something simple and comfortable such as a turtleneck shirt with black jeans. Nonetheless, his good-looking face was enough to attract attention from all across the room.

"Of course. Lots of people's jobs are riding on the cast's performances. That's why we always have to deliver and... of course, avoid scandal at all costs."

Her eyes never left Aqua's face. She looked away to hide her red cheeks as she asked, "By the way, you wouldn't by any chance, happen to have a girlfriend?"

"Definitely Not. You don't have to worry about that."

"I see...."

The two stand in awkward silence with no words to exchange. Kana can't seem to pry her eyes away from the teen beside him. For some reason, her heart just beating faster.

'What is wrong with me?'

She was too absorbed in her emotions to realize a pretty lady standing behind her.

"Thanks for your hard work during the filming." Aqua and Kana turned to the voice. She was smiling gently at them. Kana recognizes her instantly as they meet quietly occasionally.

"Oh. Sensei..." Kana was surprised at the sudden appearance of the Sweet's Today manga creator, Yoriko Kichijouji. Kana wanted to say something yet she chose to keep her mouth shut. A sudden guilt came wash over her as Kana realized they had destroyed Sweet Today. The story was turned upside down with no proper plotting. The acting is bad enough that it deserves no rating and Sweet Today can't never become an achievement.

The supposed popular manga had been brought down by amateur actors and careless staff. She doesn't know what to say to her, afraid that she might feel disappointed because of how the show turned out.

Before she could mutter out an apology,  Yoriko bowed to them.

"Thank you, Arima-san... The show became what it is thanks to your performance. Especially for the final episode... I just wish it would have been like that sooner... hahaha..."

Aqua slightly smiled. Things might be better if it was originally played and handled by a professional but time cannot be returned. 1 second pass and you can never retrieve it back. At least they work hard enough. The last episode of Sweet Today didn't manage to make a big splash but more viewers were accepting and gave a good rating.

"Hey, hey, the final episode was well-received. The overall profits were marginal, but the whole idea is to showcase talent like yours as a stepping stone to future opportunities. I wondered if we accomplished that?" Kaburagi Masaya appears behind them with a glass of wine.