Chapter 3

Author POV

It's been a few month since Ai returned to work and B-Komachi's popularity boost...has yet to come.
"My salary this month is barely 200,000 yen..." Ai said looking solemnly at her payment. The entertainment industry is not as easy as it seems...!
"Ugh... our company's pay is so low... c'mon, we placed third in oricon with our single last time! Aren't you guys taking too much?" She complained to president wife.
"We're not like those big companies that can do everything from production to advertisement by themselves. We're only a small one. And you should already know that we don't get much out of it. Why is it bothering you now?" Miyako reply still focusing on her job.
"I realised that the world is all about money."
"Ah, that's not a good thing to realise"

Ai look at the babies for a while. She pick Astra and raised him up. Astra immediately laugh while clapping his hand. Ai smile.
"You see, I want these kids to go to school, do extracurricular activities and give them as many opportunities and options as possible. In order for that to happen, I need to sell more, and make a bunch of money... If things stay like this, I won't be able to make them happy." Ai want nothing but the best for her children. Her smiled drop thinking that she might could not give what they deserve. As if understanding her secret heart, Astra put his small hand on both Ai's cheek and laugh. She smiled fondly at the gesture.

"ありがとう、Astra" She whispered softly as she bring him closer to her face. Miyako stop her finger to look at the mother and the son interaction. To be honest, she pitied them. With an unknown father, the three of them was left to a single mother who is busy as an young idol with a small salary. Miyako close her laptop and sat besides them.

"Well... we can't do much right now... We're not getting any commercial gigs, there's also no movie job offers... Plus big companies tend to... You know... maybe you should probably start by not eating expensive ice cream.." She cut herself and try to make mood less gloomy.

Ai sigh. She rubbed her and Astra's nose together before kissing him on the cheek. Astra was putted down and replaced by her backpack. Again she sigh, refusing to leave the baby even if she she had to. Also to think about her career right now...

"well, off I go to my lessons...be good kids..." She give a small peck on each of their forehead before taking her leave.

After Ai left for daily practice, Ruby pull out her pacifier and ask "Wait, isn't an idol's salary like one million yen per month?"
"Of course not"
"It's not?!" She shocked hearing the news. She thought they make a lot of money in a month.
"Royalties and TV performance fees are split equally amongst members...If merch doesn't sell during their concerts, they'll be at a deficit. And costumes are also deducted from their salaries. There's only a handful of idols who make one million per month." Aqua explained to his sister.
"What?! That's so unfair, the world must be rotten if money doesn't go to those working the hardest!!" She's angry. How can the world treat her mom like this?! "Oh! I have an Idea!!"
"You do?" Aqua raise his eyebrows.
"Let's get all her fans to offer their kidneys and we can just sell those..." She said darkly with a creepy smile.
"Your thoughts are also pretty darn rotten. Stop trying to start up a cult for profits as if this were a post-apocalypse period." Aqua immediately cut off Ruby's thought... how can she thought this kind of thing... scary...what kind of person is she before this?!

Ai can sing, dance and she's super pretty. She takes voice training lessons day and night. She work so hard... and B-Komachi is yet to be popular or anything...
Thinking about the unfairness both of them glare at Miyako.
"Hey manager! Why won't our Ai get more job offers?!"
"Shitty management! Hit up some more people would you?!" The twins start to complain and lash out to the manager. Astra just looking at them in confusion. Why does his siblings is shouting? Are they hungry?