Chapter 12

"Honestly, I feel like I'll get it! Last time I couldn't apply because of the age restriction. I've been waiting for this audition to come back for 2 years!" Ruby spin around in happiness, expecting a good result from the idol audition.

Her friends smile at her, "You're cute, and you can dance well! But your singing is a bit..."

"A bit?"

"But you have enough charm and charisma to make up for that one weak point."She refused to continue and change the topic.

"Weak point?"

"Anyway... I'll make this audition a sure thing!" No matter what they say, her passion is still as bright as the newborn star.

'And then... I'll become an idol like mom was'

Ruby's POV

My name is Hoshino Ruby. I have two secrets I can't even tell my friends.

My mother is legendary idol "Ai", who was killed by crazed fan.

And the other, I have memories of a previous life. My body was weak since I had been born. I spent most of my life in a hospital. What did I do for fun?

I obsessed over my favourite idol Ai like an otaku. Even at the moment my life was extinguished, Ai's song reverberated in my head.

... but the moment I opened my eyes, I have been reborn as Ai's child.

Ai...

The few years I spent with mama before she died...

Were a treasure to me.

Author POV

"I'll be like mama!" She said with enthusiasm.

Suddenly her twin brother, Hoshino Aquamarine, came and hit her head softly with a book.

"Talking about your dream is fine but the high school entrance exams are coming up." He remind her.

"You just don't get it onii-chan. I'm going to be an idol. High schools with drama departments focus on the interview. Academics are just for reference. If  I become an idol, I won't need to study for entrance exams. It's like hitting two birds with one stone" Her face show no regret or hesitation.

"Don't gamble your life on this trivia." Aqua stare deep into her eyes.

"I don't mind if you dream about idols. But don't dream about becoming an idol. They essentially have a tiny salary. And by 30 they have to stop. Your daily life is constantly scrutinised by fans."

Ruby frown. "The number of people who stay in the industry after graduation is low. In the end, most people move on to another kind of job. There aren't many jobs where the cost and return and return are so mismatched," Aqua continued.

Ruby refuse to accept this. She glared at him. "What is your point? Life is about doing what you want to do! If you just keep keep talking costs this, return this, you won't accomplish anything." Her voice is stern, showing how much she displeases by his brother mindset.