Chapter 8

Author POV

Aqua's POV

It's been three years since I reincarnated as Ai's kid. The film I shot with the director two years ago seems to have been well received and he was nominated for some director award or something.

Looking back, my performance was rather excellent....

...But, in the end, Ai stole the spot light.

I'm not entirely sure if that was the main reason why, but her job offers also increasing rapidly. In other words, she's the current rising idol with incredible sales.

Ai is near 20 now and we are living peacefully without having been expose to the public. Now... this is completely out off topic but...

My still hasn't been found.

"Awww! You guys look so cute as always! You're just to cute!! But Mama's cuter overall though."

"Why are you competing?"

We entered preschool.

"Oh yeah... what were you doing before your reincarnation? What's your actual age?" I have been wanting to ask that question for long time actually.

"I-I'm a full-grown lady of course! You should know it's bad manners to ask for lady's age you brat. Plus, the past is irrelevant! Don't meddle with unnecessary stuff, will you!"
What's with the stuttering?

Well, she does have a point. It's depressing to think about my past life. That's just how much I'm enjoying my current one.

Compared to a life of never ending work, a preschooler's life is bliss. Just gotta eat, sleep, and read random books.

Still... I'm surprised too see how seriously she plays with these toys...

*************************************

"You guys, we're gonna put together a festival! We'll invite your families to come watch you dancing! So let's work hard to learn!!" Their class teacher announced to the whole class. The news did receive different kind of reaction from some student. There are some excited face, while some are freaking out....

and that is... our Ruby...

A strong sense of fear and anxiety filling her heart as she heard the word performing and dancing. Without having a second thought she ran out from the classroom, hiding away. "No!! I won't do it!!" The teacher surprise at her sudden abrupt leave and try to call her but Ruby refuse to listen.

She hide behind the tree, as if it can help her get away from the fear. Her body is shaking and her eyes goes distance. A shadow appear in front of her, and she felt someone wrapped her in a hug.

"It's okay..." Ruby take a deep breath. She return the hug to receive the comfort. The calming lavender scent did work on her as her breath slowly calm down. Aqua stare at them for a while before he choose to speak up.

"Why do you run away?"

Ruby let go from the hug and look down, refuse to make any eye contact. "I'm not good at dancing. Or more like, I've never done it before..."