Falling For The CEO (Enduranc...

By Dredge116

Jacinta Collins is a single Mum to a daughter who moves to Endurance Bay to start over after she loses her hu... More

Table of contents
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
7
8
9
10
11
12
12.5
Epilogue
Revenge (OUT NOW)
Finding Faith (Coming November 30)
Accidentally Engaged (out Now)
Contract Assassin (Out Now)
Indebted To Him (Out Now)
Beautiful Disaster (Out Now)
Shattered (sneak peak)

Chapter 1

21.2K 780 18
By Dredge116

One month later...

I'm sitting on the decking that overlooks the bay in the house I bought a month ago. Every morning I watch the boats coming go from the bay.

This place is so beautiful.

I feel the chill to the air and pull my jumper around me while I sip my coffee.

My phone starts ringing.

"Hello, this is Jacinta."

"It's Marlene, we need you to come into the office early. What time can you be here?"

I look at the time. "40 minutes."

"We'll see you then."

Santana is watching Peppa pig.

"Sweetheart, you need to get ready for school."

"Mummy, I want to watch Peppa pig."

"You can watch it when you get home from school. Go upstairs now and get ready."

Santana stomps up the stairs. "I don't like you, mum."

I roll my eyes and watch my daughter go up the stairs. Then I hear her bedroom door slam.

I wash the dishes and then go upstairs to get ready for work.

I get to meet the boss today.

***

I pull into the parking lot at Jenny's preschool. Santana and I step out of the car. On the way into the building I crash into a hard chest. Strong arms catch me before I can fall. I look into the familiar Blue eyes with cropped dark hair and tanned skin. "Ryker."

He smiles. "Hey beautiful, it's been a long time."

I roll my eyes. "You just saw me on Saturday."

"We should get the kids together during the week. I want to spend an evening with you and Santana."

I smile. "Yeah we should."

Ryker moves closer to me. He sniffs with me.

OMG! He just sniff me?

He whispers. "I've missed your honey scent around my house."

I laugh. "Your cheesy."

"Only when it comes to you, Sweetheart."

I shake my head. "I'd love to stand around and chat with you all day, but, I have to drop Santana off and rush to the office."

"Which office is this?"

"Endurance Bay!"

He smiles. "You've met your boss."

What the hell is he trying to tell me?

"This is going to be a stupid question, how have I met him?"

He laughs. "I'm the CEO of Endurance Bay office. My family are the founders of this place."

Shit! I'm falling for the CEO of the company I work for.

I step pass him. "I'll see you at the office, Ryker."

He nods and walks to his car. Ryker, doesn't take his eyes off me.

I type the code into the electronic alarm. It beeps letting Santana and I to step inside. I sign Santana in and put her bag on the shelf. "Bye, Sweetheart. Behave yourself."

"I will mum. Look there's Adam." She runs over to him and they start playing.

She waves at me.

I walk out of the preschool and head to my car.

Ryker is still in the parking lot. He stops next to me. "I couldn't leave without talking to you first."

My heart is racing. "Why didn't you tell me when we first met?"

"I like you a lot. I wasn't sure how you'd react if you found out I was the richest guy town."

"I don't care about that. Money has meant nothing to me growing up. My ex worked his butt and he was never happy. I can tell you love your job."

"Yeah," he mumbles. Ryker opens the door for me. "I'll see you in the office?"

I nod and step into the car. He shuts the door for me. "See you soon, Ryker. If I'm late to work I can blame the boss."

"If you get fired. I'll hire you again."

I shake my head. "Are you trying to keep me away from the office?"

He smirks. "Yes, I am. Is it working?"

I reverse the car and drive out of the parking lot.

***

At the office Marlene looks at me when I walk in. "That was longer than forty minutes, Jacinta."

Ryker walks into the office. "Good morning, ladies. You two in my office now."

Marlene and I walk into the office.

"Good morning Mr Sullivan." Marlene sits in the chair across from him.

He arches an eyebrow at me."Are you going to sit, Miss ... ?"

" ... Collins, Jacinta Collins, Sir." I sit next to Marlene.

"Miss Asher, I need you to show Miss Collins around. She'll be working closely with you from now on."

Marlene stands and I follow her to my desk. I start work.

My phone beeps. I look at it and it's a message from Ryker.

Ryker: Dinner tonight, just the two of us?

Me: What are the kids going to do?

Ryker: I have a babysitter.

Me: Yes! ;-)

Ryker: I'll pick you up at 7.

I put my phone in the draw.

Marlene folds her arm. "Please, refrain from using your phone during working hours. I don't like people that use, Mr Sullivan. You my dear are the worst."

"I haven't done anything."

"Yet!" She puts her pen down on the desk. "Sullivan lost his wife a couple years ago. You come into town and we notice he's a lot happier. I know it was you that lived in his house last month for a couple of days."

Ryker walks out of his office. "Miss Collins, I would like a coffee from Jemma's diner."

On the way to the diner a little girl runs out onto the road. I slam my foot on the break and spin my car. I get hit by another car. I hear more cars hit the ones in front. I call 911.

Operator: Do you need police, ambulance or fire service?

Me: I think I need all three.

Operator: Can you tell me what happened?

Me: A little girl ran in front of my car and I caused a pile up.

Operator: I'll send all three to your location. Where are you?"

Me: I'm not sure of the area. I just moved into town.

Operator: I'll just track your phone, Miss. Found it. Hold tight someone will be with you.

I put my phone on the dashboard. I try to get out if my car. It won't open. I can gear something drip from the car. I move to the other door and its hammed as well. My handbag is on the ground. I pick it up and then reach for my phone. I place it in the bag.

"You need to get out of you car, Miss." Someone yells.

No, Shit! It's not like I'm cooking a BBQ in the car.

I roll down the window and pull myself out. A guy helps me out of my car.

I turn to him. "Thank you."

He smiles. "You're welcome. Next time be careful."

"It wasn't my fault a little girl ran onto the street."

The little girl. What happened to her?

I run to the front of my car.

The little girl is sitting on the ground with her mother crying. The girl's mother loos at me. "Thank you, you saved my babies life."

"I put a lot of people lives at risk with what I did."

The girl looks at me. "You're my hero."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/follow me if you enjoyed the story

❤️MissDredge❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

732K 19.2K 34
> * * * When her ex-boyfriend broke things off after finding out she's pregnant, what's a girl to do? She get scared, packed her things and left. Bu...
664 15 21
A young single mother ends up working as a Manager at one of the hottest Strip Clubs in Jamaica, for of one of the richest drug dealers in the world...
193K 27.7K 54
A mistaken identity, a desperate bargain between two single parents, and a chance to find love again. ...
119K 8K 104
growing up can be hard. facing unforgettable moments and transitions of who u are and what's your story. having major life crisis worrying about who...