Ms. Understood

By mitruworld

The gorgeous Magnolia Richards has her fair share of tough times. Wanting a better life, she leaves her rough... More

PRESENT
FORWARD
CHANCE
ASSUME
MALES
CURIOUS
LIMIT
CONFIRM
FRIENDS
HURT
VIEW
TRUST
TEACH
LESSON I
ROSTER
DESIRE
EXIT
BACKGROUND
LESSON II
SCORN
RULES
RETURN
LESSON III
LOSS
WAR
BLOCK
CONFESS
DEFEND
NEED
TRY
INTERCEPT
DELUSION
RECOVER
SEARCH
LESSON IV
DENY
TEST
SCORE

OFFER

8K 444 70
By mitruworld

It's been two weeks since Ms. Richards accepted my offer. Having a personal assistant was a great idea, plus I needed a reason for her to be around. Me not seeing or talking to her every day bothered me.

She also shocked me with her message about Dottie. I'm still very curious as to how Magnolia knew about her.

Dorothy was my business partner for many years. Her knowledge of investments and connections with the wealthy higher-ups made my family a lot of money.

Before she was killed, I received a message from her to meet at the Renegade Casino. It was Merlin Scott's business, and we were in talks of him selling it to me.

I made it to the meeting, but Dottie didn't. She had a semi-truck run into her head-on. I never took her death as an accident, but it was hard to prove otherwise. It's been two years since she's been gone.

"Mr. Vinci, Ms. Richards is in the lobby."

My secretary offered to escort Magnolia to our floor but I'd rather greet her instead. Getting off the elevator, I was instantly caught by her smile...she literally lit up the space.

"Hello, Mr. Vinci."

"Hi, Magnolia. Thank you for coming."

"Thank you for the opportunity."

I noticed her hair was different. It was pulled back into a bun. She no longer had braids, and I hope she didn't change them to work for me.

We shook hands like this was our first time meeting. She looked so good in her blue skirt suit, and I wondered how I was going to stay professional. But then again I'm sure she would look good in anything she wore.

"This is a very nice building. How long have you been here?"

"Thanks. We've been here for six years. My company was the first to take residency."

"That's so cool."

Her eyes were filled with excitement, and that made me happy. I would love to show her the world if I get a chance.

"Magnolia, this is Joan, my secretary. Joan, this is Magnolia."

"Nice to meet you. Mr. Vinci, she is beautiful."

I smiled at Magnolia being shy.

"I'm alright, but thank you. It's nice to meet you too."

They shook hands, and Joan winked at me. I smiled, then turned my head. She may be on to me.

I showed Ms. Richards around, then we went into my office to discuss what her daily duties would be. She took a notepad out of her bag along with a red pen with fur on the end of it.

"Monday morning, you will need my schedule for the week. Joan will email that to you. I need my coffee hot and ready by 7:20 am. Are you okay with traveling?"

"Yes sir."

Magnolia was taking notes while I was mentally taking my own.

I like how she was very attentive, hanging on to my every word. Hearing her call me sir made me question my intentions with her.

"Good. I may need you to run a few errands for me a few times during the week. You'll have your own company car provided to you."

She looked surprised. "Oh okay."

"I'll also have you answer my personal calls."

I took my phone from inside of my suit jacket. I sat it on my desk, and she continued writing.

"This same phone will be how you and I communicate. Take it."

She did what I said, then sat it on her lap.

"Mr. Vinci, your 9 o'clock is here."

We both looked at Joan.

"Okay, take over Ms. Richard's training and get the rest of her information for HR."

I looked at Magnolia. "I will text you when my meeting is over."

"Yes sir."

She gave a soft smile and followed Joan out of my office. Then, one of my great friends and troublemaker walked in.

"Mr. Laurent, it's been a while. It's great to see you. "

Julien walked towards me, and we shared a brotherly hug.

He pulled away and smiled. "Likewise."

***

This job was very different from the daycare center, but I was excited about the new experience.

I made sure I gave my two weeks notice and was given a little send-off party by my coworkers and the kids. I'm going to miss my babies but promised I would visit them from time to time.

I saw Leo getting off the elevator, and I internally moaned. I was embarrassed at myself for reacting that way.

Don't start...Get it together.

I checked myself and smiled as Leo walked towards me. We took the elevator and made small talk about the building. I met Joan, she was really nice.

I went into Leo's office and was taken aback at how big and nice it was. He really was that guy, and I was absolutely turned on. But I know how to carry myself and act accordingly.

Besides, he said I was too young for him...right?

I shook my lustful behavior off and focused on my training. After we discussed my duties and schedule, he had a meeting.

Joan took me with her. A nice-looking man walked past us going into Leo's office, and I caught myself checking him out.

Damn, he's fine too.

"That's Julien Laurent. He's very good friends with Mr. Vinci," Joan told me.

"Oh nice...Are all his friends fine?"

She did the yikes face. "No, not all of them."

I snickered at the expression she made and sat next to her at her desk. Most of my duties were pretty self-explanatory, and it seemed like I would be out of the office a lot.

I looked at the picture of her and her family. She was married with three kids and has worked three years at this company.

She took me to the lunch room, which was huge with multiple vending machines, flat screen TVs, three refrigerators, and a kitchen area. I got a snack and filled out more HR paperwork.

"Who are you?"

I looked up towards the unexpected voice. "Excuse me?"

"You're new here, right?" A young blonde woman asked.

"Yes, who are you?"

"I'm Emma. I work in the accounting department." She sat down at the same table without asking to join me.

"I'm Magnolia, I'm Mr. Vinci's new assistant."

"Oh, he's finally replacing Amanda."

I didn't respond, but that didn't stop her from talking.

"Amanda was his last assistant. Poor girl, I wonder how she's doing."

I remained quiet and continued filling out my paperwork.

"They used to be obsessed with each other," she said with a chuckle.

"Should you be sharing his business with me?" I looked at her.

"Oh, it's no secret that he had something going on with her. She probably wanted more, and he didn't. Then, all of a sudden, she quit."

She didn't even come to visit me.

An older woman stood behind Emma while she continued to gossip.

Who are you?

I'm her mother. That's why I hid the money from her....she'll never find it.

Emma continued to talk, and I put my focus back on her. Then the phone Leo gave me went off...I checked, it was a message from him.

"I have to go. Nice meeting you, Emma."

"Same. But make sure you keep things professional with Mr. Vinci, or you'll become just another notch on his belt."

"Gotcha."

I told her then walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.3K 6K 74
Imani is a 22 year old, vibrant, beautiful young woman who's excited about life after college. She thinks she has everything figured out until she me...
46.2K 1.9K 17
[π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„πƒ] π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘. ━ ❝Satoria King never expected to see her ex-boyfriend after five years of their break-up, and she refuses to a...
67K 4.1K 56
They both have a traumatic past that haunts them but together they find the will to live.
3.4K 184 25
For the hopeless romantics like myself🀭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...