Lex Învieria

By ShadowedWords

A necromancer struggles to find her way in a world with new laws, deaths, and something nee More

Zombie Law
Staying Alive
Bone Dancing
Bone Gift
Bone Sister
Blood Momma
Heart's Blood
Bone Bound.
Nightmare Reborn
Angel's Sight
Blood Baroness
Hemo-Goblin's Surprise
Raven Queen
Morganna's Regiment
Home Coming
Icarus's Fall
Decision made
Effective Tactics
Lucifer Dawnstar
Serena's Secret
Officially Official
Check Mate
Tails and Wings
Assassin's Folly
Demon's Sight
Another Coffin
Anger's Kiss
Bleeding Darkness
Blood Rubies
Artist's Love
Collared God
Blind Love
Blood Tears
The Attic
The Children
The Council
New Ventures
Demon Brides
Gabriel's Return
Angels Quarrel
Beast Within
Aunt's Return
Goddess Appears
Demon Bound
Demon's Secret
Green Man
Assistance Coming
The Sanctuary
The Cure
Children Mackinney
Goddess's Heart

Learning Curve

0 0 0
By ShadowedWords

I walked over and offered my hands to both women and they took them standing slowly. "Not how I planned this to go, but we have paperwork to finish." I said with a smile.

I guided them into the living room at sat them in their chairs. "Love...you are insane sometimes." Serena said as she came in and hugged me hard.

"Sometimes it is needed." I said hugging her back.

"It is requesting a name." My Dark Lady said. Her other hand was slowly playing with the collar around her neck.

"Pick a name." I said with a smile.

"I would rather if you named me." She said.

I was taken aback, "ok... Anna." I said. She nodded and wrote on the paper. She then held it out to Serena. I wrote their names on the registration papers and handed them off. "Welcome Anna and Gaia Mackinney to your new home."

"Thank you Goddess." Gaia said bowing.

"Thank you..."

"No Anna, do not call me that. If you must call me by a title...Baroness I will accept." I said with a sad smile. "I did not want to claim you."

"I know, but I thank you that you did. You saved me today, and I will never forget that."

"What the fuck was all that?" Asked Del coming in the door.

"Our Baroness just challenged the gods and won." Selina said with deep respect in her voice.

"Wait...what?" Selina told her what happened. And her eyes went wide and her jaw dropped. "You are a literal Goddess while on our lands?"

"So I was told." I said with a shrug.

"And now you have our Patron Goddess as your goblin?" Del asked her legs shaky.

"Not of my own choice." I said.

"Oh I am going to need something strong." Del said sitting down hard on the floor.

"May I?" Anna asked.

"No alcohol in the house." Del said waving her hand.

"Why?" She asked confused.

"It is Morgs choice more so now than before." Del said with a laugh.

"Del it is not like I planned for this to happen!" I said fearing she was upset with me.

"Oh Love! Why that tone?" Del asked standing and hurrying to me.

"You are upset with me..." I said.

"No! My reason for being, I am not! I am worried about you, I am excited for you! But I am not upset with you!" She said cupping my face in her hands. "You are my heart, soul, and body. I am nothing but in love and adoring of you." She said with a smile. "Ok I perv over you always but that does not even count."

I laughed and touched my forehead to hers. "Gods I love you Delilah Mackinney."

"And I everything you Morganna Mackinney." She said with a giggle.

"I know I said I knew what the collar meant. But may I request the more intricate details of this is?" Anna asked.

"It would be my pleasure to tell you, Anna." Del said grabbing her and Gaia's hands.

Suddenly the door burst open and Rachael came skidding in. She saw me and came over, she began to check me all over. "Are you ok? Are you hurt? What the hell was all that?"

"Well hello to you too." I said with a laugh.

She suddenly went a deep crimson red and her eyes went wide. "Oh hell..."

"Yes my goblin?" I asked with a smirk.

"I am being stuffy..." she said bowing her head.

"You are being concerned over someone you care about. That is a very honorable thing. Now where are you supposed to be?" I asked.

"Oh it came across that there was strange happenings here and I said I would check it out so I am good." She said with a happy grin.

"Good, I do not want you to lose your job until we get our guard duties set up." I said lightly running my hand through her short brown hair.

"Of course Baroness." She said leaning into my hand and smiling.

"Now go report in and I will see you later." She nodded and I kissed her softly. She blushed before heading out the door. 

Then it opened again and she asked, "uh, what should I tell them?"

"An experiment that went slightly out of hand." Lola said walking into the entry way.

"Got it thank you." Rachael said leaving.

"Aunt, how are you?" I asked.

"Worried about you my sweetling." she said with a smirk.

"I am fine, I do not think I was in danger at any time." I said with a smile.

"It is always a gamble when Chaos appears." I blinked at her as my brain tried to cease to function. She laughed, "Yes my sweetling, you are one of the very few to challenge the heavens, stand before Chaos and survive."

"I am not even going to think on it, otherwise I might perish literally at the thought." I said making Selina, Lola, Serena, and Nyx laugh.

"Just make sure you do not try that again, Chaos may not be so forgiving next time." She said touching my face.

"Was not planning it in the first place." I said laughing, "I was just trying to protect people."

"Which is why he allowed it." Nyx said, "If it had been a challenge purely to challenge then the ending would not have been so...fruitful."

"So why were the gods popping in and out so quickly?" I asked.

"They were showing their support." Serena said with a smile.

"Ok how many showed their support?" I asked.

"All of them." Anna said coming down the stairs.

The sight of her still made every fiber of my being want to kneel, but I knew she would tell me not to. "How was your tour?"

"Wonderful, your home is beautiful and very special." She said with a smile.

"Thank you, she has served us well for many years." I said as she stopped in front of me.

"I must confess, the feelings these invoke are rather...interesting." She said.

"I am sorry..." I said with a frown.

"Do not be, they are not bad just...surprising. I hear each person reacts differently?" she asked tilting her head.

"Yes, I am unsure what exactly causes it." I said with a shrug.

"Hmm it may be interesting to catalog and find out. Sister Gaia wishes to know where you would like her to sleep? She knows you are not well pleased with her still." Anna said with a smirk.

"She can pick any unoccupied room. Let her know she should keep to that room unless it is a meal time." I said. "I will have Alexander go to her for her tattoo." I said with a sigh.

"Sister Del has already taken us to see Lord Alexander and Lady Helen." She replied showing me her tattoo.

"Leave it to Del to keep that on track." I said shaking my head. "Then yes just relay my message please.

"And where shall I sleep?" She asked.

"In my room." I said with a blush.

"As you please Baroness." She said with a bowing of her head. 

She turned to walk away and I said, "Anna...I hope you...never regret my choice." 

She stopped and looked over her shoulder at me. "I am sure I will not." She replied with a small smile and headed up the stairs.

"We have never really known much about her." Serena said walking up beside me.

"Not even I have spoken to her much." Nyx said. I felt her lightly wrap her arms around my waist and place her head on my back.

"I understand her, when you deal with death, most people do not wish to be around you." I said with a sad smile.

"Well now we will have to get with the council to inform them of the new change." Serena said as she stepped in front of me and smiled.

"Ah hell Love..." I said feeling like a bitch.

She burst into laughter and touched my face, "It is fine. It may help more than we think."

"Oh? In what way?" I asked.

"Well being a sanctuary means that any attack, theft or act of violence against any building is met with immediate action by the council. With it being Gods ordained, well it will be even swifter." She said with a smirk.

"So you are telling me I just secured all of our products from anything happening to them." I asked with a smirk.

"Oh yes, you have made it quite clear to all that the gods have favored you very highly dear. You have shown that we are not people to be trifled with." She stepped up closer and put her lips close to my ear as she whispered, "And you have made me very much want to bed you." I chuckled darkly and gave her a wicked smile.

"Why would that be love?" I whispered.

"Because you have now protected us indefinitely, stood against gods, and shown you love of us all." She said placing her cheek against my own.

I placed my hands gently on her hips and whispered, "I may still have another secret of my sleeve yet."

"Then I shall wait patiently for its revelation." She said before kissing me tenderly and heading to she office.

"That was...beautiful." Nyx said  from behind me.

"I truly care for those bound to my Nyx." I said.

"I thought I understood...it seems I have more to learn." She said hugging me gently.

I heard a pop over my head and I reached up to grab the paper as I gently rubber Nyx's arm. I read it over and groaned. "What is wrong Baroness?" Selina asked.

"The council is having a ball tonight...we are all invited." I said with a sigh.

"Is it that bad?" Nyx asked.

"Only because we have to much to do. And it is a costume party to boot." I said shaking my head.

"Then we should get prepared." Selina said with a laugh.

"Helen! Alexander!" I yelled. They came out of the bedroom on the ground floor.

"You called my Queen?" Helen asked bowing. I handed her the paper and she looked it over quickly. "Oh...this is un expected."

Alexander looked over her shoulder and whistled. "Most inopportune time."

"Yes, sadly we still have to do it." I said.

"Most of the costumes for the control scene are done. I just have to finish a couple more." Helen said looking up at me.

"Well it would be quickest and easiest. Do you need assistance?" I asked.

"A second pair of hands would be appreciated." Helen said with a smile. Nyx let go of me and gently took Helen's hand.

"Show me please?" Helen nodded at her and lead her to her and Alexander's bedroom.

"I can do some temporary tattoos. Once the costumes are in place." Alexander said with a shrug. "Other than that there is not much I can do."

"That may just work. How are you liking it here so far?" I asked with a smile.

"It feels like home." He said with a smile.

"Good I am happy to hear it."

"Oh I wanted to show you." He said reaching into an inside pocket and pulled out what looked to be a couple of pieces of paper taped together. "I am done with the design you requested." He unfolded the papers and I covered my mouth in shock. In the center of the design was my mother her familiar  perched on her shoulder. From there on both side and going back in time were the women of my family their familiars in different placements.

"Oh Alexander you have outdone yourself." I said as a tear slid down my cheek. He slowly reached up and wiped it away.

"It is only fitting for a family like yours dear. We have the time to do it now and I can still do the costume tattoos." He offered.

"Then get your things." I said with a smile. "We can do it in the living room, meet me there?" 

"I will be but a moment." He said heading for his bedroom. I headed for the living room and tried to figure out how to do this.

"Chair would be best I think, then he will have access to where ever he needs to be." Selina said looking around the room.

"That is true, we just need to move the rest of this out of the way." I said casually waving my hand. The chairs and couch slid across the room out of the of the way. "How..."

"You are a Goddess Morganna, on your own lands. There is not much you will not be able to do." She said with a smirk.

"This is just a little weird." I said with a chuckle.

"What else will be needed?" She asked.

"I am sure he would like a chair like he has in his shop." I said scratching my head. "But I have nothing like that."

"Then make it." She said.

"So what? Will it into existence?" I asked.

"Exactly that." She said with a chuckle.

"Ok..." I closed my eyes and pictured the chair from Alexander's shop. "Be." I whispered. I opened my eyes to see an exact copy except the colors were red, black and purple.

"Very well done." She said smiling.

"This will take a bit of getting used to." I said with a sigh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 1.2K 50
Some things are stronger where they have been broken, other things shatter with the slightest pressure. Loyalty, secrets, and souls can do both, but...
32K 2.5K 36
Hate, knowledge, loyalty, and love - everything has a price, but the highest is power. What would you pay? » ✦ « Jordan wished there was more to lif...
15 0 3
Between what is seen and reality a young child struggles between lines. Being in a cult in the mountains doesn't help. OC-story
1.4K 86 29
《Made by the attempts to escape the shackles of her past...a girl learns to use love as a pawn in her vindictiveness and vindication. There is a dan...