A Tale of Vampires: RETURN

By SuitorofHell

They're back... And they were never dead in the first place.. Date Started: 01/04/23 Date Finished: 07/18/23 More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
epilogue
ᑭᖇOᗰOTIOᑎ

chapter 18

117 10 2
By SuitorofHell

Few days passed by and the north somehow stopped sending people. So they decided that the wolves go back to their territory for now and they will be called once the north sends people again. Which also means that the vampires would make it their routine to always watch the shore.

Around sunset… Niki just got back after visiting Sunoo. He decided to meet up with Taki, and this time with Jungwon too.

After the incident, Niki had always been watching out for him to teach him how to control his thirst. He and Taki also helped him to sneak into Ej's chamber in person just so he can personally apologize to him.

Ej held no grudge and just let it go. He understood why Jungwon is like that and he also values their friendship with the vampires.

The three usually hang out in either of their territory, but for today. They decided to go to the shore and built a campfire.

The three talked mostly about complimenting how they fight. Their strengths and even their epic moments in the middle of their scuffles with humans.

"So? When do you plan to find a partner? We may be treated as the maknaes by our hyungs but it does not change the fact that we're older than most humans in this country." Niki said and turned to Taki.

Although his statement made them laugh a bit. Because the three of them looked less than 18 years old but nobody would know that they are a lot decades older from what they look.

"I'm not sure. No lady really captures my attention. To my people, I'm still a ghost." The wolf says with a light chuckle.

"But do you look for one?" Jungwon asks. The conversation of mates somehow made him long for his own.

He and Heeseung were supposed to visit the headquarters of he primes, but they didn't really have the time to because of their trespassers 

Taki shook his head as he added a few firewoods on the fire. "I actually don't. I've been single for a long time. K hyung had taken care of me and I told myself that it's all I need. Although I know it won't be for forever because he'll need to find a mate too. I just didn't really ponder on the idea at all. I think I'm asexual." He explains and looks up to see their reactions.

"That's understandable. Your pack always took care of you. You think you won't need anything else especially if you're filthy rich!" Jungwon laughs at the last part. "I almost thought I'm asexual too. Until Lady Danielle."

His address to his mate made the other two give him a playful negative reaction. Acting as if it's very corny.

"I still wonder how Danielle is very smitten by you when you are so old school!" Taki says.

"It's called mannerism!" Jungwon defends himself but the two just continue laughing.

Niki suddenly stood up and placed his hands together. Laughing as he impersonates Jungwon. 

"I will look for you, my lady! You can count on my words." He says as he makes his voice deeper.

"I don't talk like that!" Jungwon exclaims while Taki laughs his heart out and claps his hands like a seal.

"My lady! You look stunning!" Niki said again in the same tone before he also bursted laughing.

Jungwon eventually laughed as well because Taki suddenly shrieked like a girl after he accidentally put his hand on the fire. 

It would have been the best moment. If it just wasn't for the rustles that interrupted them and made the three suddenly quiet as a stone. Only the cracklings of the fire could be heard as soon as the three stopped.

Their eyes glued to the direction that leads to the mountains. 

"Shall we call everyone?" Niki asks.

"We should check first. Taki? What do you smell?" Jungwon asks and looks at the wolf.

Taki stepped a bit forward to the trees while Niki and Jungwon followed behind him. The wolf sniffed into the air and only a few seconds later…

____

"Who came?!" Jay exclaimed and aggressively dropped the pressboard he was holding back to the counter.

One of the staff ran to him announcing about an unexpected VIP guest.

"I will greet the guests. Call everyone to the lobby now!" He ordered before he ran past the staff towards the gate.

On his way there he met with Ningning since she was also near when the news arrived. The two can also sense the presence of their guests the closer they get to the gate.

By the time they arrived there, they were surprised to meet Niki, Taki and Jungwon. Along with the few members of the primes.

Jake and Ningning immediately greeted them politely and led them inside the lobby. Heeseung and the rest of their crew were already there and also gave their greetings.

"This is unnecessary. Aren't we past this kind of relationship? We've fought together!" Blue says and ushers them to stop the gestures.

"It's an honor to have you in our hotel again. We will make sure that you will have a wonderful stay." Heeseung said to them with his most wide smile.

Karina and Winter who only saw the primes for the first time somehow feel odd. Especially Karina and she couldn't help but keep glaring at Heeseung because she had never seen him smile like that.

"Oh please. Stop with the fluttery. We're actually here with some news." Rhian chuckles and looks at Blue with a cheeky smile.

"Exactly, but I believe this news is better shared when K and his pack are also present!" The angel added.

"Absolutely. Sunghoon and I will go there right away to send them the news. Please excuse us." Ningning said politely and beckoned the said vampire to leave with her right away.

"In the meantime, you can wait in your rooms. Or you can stay where you prefer." Heeseung said.

"I'm honestly famished. We figured that we could have dinner here instead." Coleen spoke and then looked up to Trevor while clinging onto his arms.

Trevor had been watching Winter and Karina since he and Rhian were first to notice that they're humans inside a monster hotel.

"They're humans. Winter and Karina. Right?" Rhian finally asks and both the ladies looked a bit flustered upon hearing their names.

"Yes. This is Winter, my wife. And Karina, Heeseung's girlfriend." Jake introduces and both the two made their greetings.

"Hello. Do you mind joining us for dinner? I would invite your vampire friends too but I believe we don't have the same appetite." Coleen said to them followed by light giggles.

"Not a problem." Winter agrees right away.

"Perfect. Then you boys can accompany me to hunt. My Blue wants to save his energy and I'm thirsty. We might also meet the wolves on the way too." Rhian suggested.

Winter and Karina decided to bring Coleen, Trevor and Blue to the restaurant inside. It was a place specifically built when the vampires' human friends worked there in the first years after the hotel was built.

Rhian on the other hand was joined by the vampires, including Taki to hunt in the forest to feed. And just as she said, they met the rest of the Daoan pack on the way.

They decided to finish the hunt first altogether before returning back to the hotel. Once everyone's gathered. Blue finally announced the main reason they visited. And everyone's very thrilled to hear that they are invited to the moon goddess and the dragon's wedding. And it will take place on the next day.

Karina and Winter of course wanted to join but of course, it's not the place for humans. So they have agreed to just stay so at least someone will be left to watch over the shore.

The next day, they left for the moon first thing in the morning. Both the vampires and the wolves were very amazed at just being there. But more when the ceremony started and came to end.

The best part is that they were a part of the biggest announcement that Yvel and Kitsch will also be having a baby.

It was overall the best invitation they have. And the moon people are all very kind to them and even showed them around the castle. The primes also spoke to them too.

And only an hour before they go home…

Someone knocked on the door of the vampires' chamber.

"It's King Samuel." Heeseung says before he stood up to open the door.

"Hi!" Samuel smiles and waved his hand.

"Your Majesty. Can I help you?" Heeseung asked, genuinely curious. It's quite a surprise to see him again when they literally talked just less than an hour ago.

And he looks very excited too.

"Is Jungwon there?" He asked and even peeked inside the room.

Heeseung opened it for him and Jungwon stood up from the couch after he heard his name.

"I'm here." He said and walked towards them while the others could only watch with curiosity.

"Come! I have a present for you." He said and beckoned the vampire to come outside. "You don't mind if I borrow him for a few minutes right?" He asked Heeseung.

"Of course not. Have fun." Heeseung chuckled and gestured to Jungwon that he can go if he wants.

Jungwon followed Samuel to the balcony. The place gives them a beautiful view of the earth and anyone would just be thrilled to be there.

"Heeseung has spoken to me about what happened with you and Ej. And I understand. So I decided to look for a way to see if we can be of help." Samuel stated and Jungwon frowned.

He didn't know what he should feel because Samuel knows about it.

"It was last minute. And gladly, you guys had not left yet. So I asked Yalex to help out and…" Samuel trails off and looks at the ice-blue watch on his wrist.

He quietly counted and after a few seconds, he flicked his fingers and then beckoned Jungwon to look behind him. Jungwon gasped and could not believe what he saw.

It was Yalex. And Danielle Marsh standing beside him.

"Jungwon!" Danielle called his name and immediately ran to hug him.

Jungwon suddenly feels his heart beating back to life. And somehow stopping because of the sudden embrace. His arms unconsciously wrapped around her and caged the lady to him.

It felt comfortable. It felt like he needed it so much that he was only able to breathe just now.

"Lady Danielle does not need to wed for her people. She's already mated with someone else and they can not do anything about it. She chose to stay here." Yalex said while munching on a popcorn he made appear out of nowhere.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" Jungwon said to the two primes and turned back to look at Danielle's face.

"It's nothing big. We'll leave you two now." 

"Why? Aren't we gonna watch them kiss?"

"Shut up! Don't embarrass yourself!"

Danielle and Jungwon join in small laughter as they watch Samuel practically drag Yalex while pinching his ears.

Once they were gone…

"I can't believe this… You're really here." Jungwon hums as he tucks her stray hair to the back of her ear.

"And I will stay here now… I realized how lonely it feels to be universes apart from you…" Danielle mutters while caressing his cheeks and looking up to him adoringly.

"I could feel that you were having a hard time… And I've never been so desperate to run to you just so I can stop your suffering." 

"I'm okay… I tried my best to hold on…"

"And you did… But I'm here now… I need you too just as you need me." 

"I missed you a lot… Please don't leave."

"I won't"

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 2.2K 29
"I've never known someone like you" Started-3•21•23 Ended-12•18•23
9.8K 244 6
what the title says ooooo started 3/17/23 ended 3/24/23
321K 13.5K 48
🥯ㅤ𓏧ㅤ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 a fierce yet soft-hearted girl had an encounter with a dance prodigy . music brought them close but will t...
6.1K 126 30
"We need your blood to survive" STARTED - 21.02.2023 FINISHED - 15.07.2023