Ms. Understood

By mitruworld

The gorgeous Magnolia Richards has her fair share of tough times. Wanting a better life, she leaves her rough... More

PRESENT
FORWARD
CHANCE
ASSUME
MALES
CURIOUS
LIMIT
OFFER
FRIENDS
HURT
VIEW
TRUST
TEACH
LESSON I
ROSTER
DESIRE
EXIT
BACKGROUND
LESSON II
SCORN
RULES
RETURN
LESSON III
LOSS
WAR
BLOCK
CONFESS
DEFEND
NEED
TRY
INTERCEPT
DELUSION
RECOVER
SEARCH
LESSON IV
DENY
TEST
SCORE

CONFIRM

7.9K 478 45
By mitruworld

Once again, Veronica intrudes on my life, and I have no idea how she knew I would be here.

"I am beginning to think you're stalking me."

She laughed my comment off while Magnolia seemed to be distracted.

"You're not going to introduce us?" Veronica smirked.

"This is Magnolia....I just hired her."

I didn't know why I was lying to her, but then again, my ex-wife is nosey and dramatic. She also tends to exaggerate or embellish stories.

The last thing I need is her running her mouth about me dating an underage girl.

Her smirk disappeared. "For what?"

Magnolia was now staring behind me. I touched her hand to bring her back to focus.

"My assistant. Isn't that right, Ms. Richards?"

"Um... Yes. Nice to meet you." Magnolia played along.

She stood up and put her hand out for a shake. Veronica received her hand while looking her up and down in judgment.

Magnolia sat back down and continued eating her food. I could tell her mood changed, but I don't think Veronica was the cause.

"I didn't know you were looking for an assistant... I would've applied."

"Well, I would like to get back to my orientation."

"Oh, that's what this is called..."

I ignored her comment. "Have a good night, Veronica."

She chuckled and walked away. Magnolia seemed to check out of the encounter.

"Ex-wife?"

I was relieved that she talked. "Yes."

"Still fucking?" She took a bite of her grilled chicken.

"No."

"She was with you the day we met at the Cafe...that's why I asked. I'm ready to go now."

Magnolia wiped her mouth with the napkin. She no longer made eye contact with me. As soon as I received the check, she pulled out some money.

"Something for the tip."

She sat forty dollars on the table and got up, walking out of the restaurant. I saw her stand out front, waiting for me and I had the feeling, this might be the last time I would see her.

It was silent while we drove in the car.

"Are you okay, Magnolia?"

"Yes, are you?"

"Yeah, but I feel like I did something wrong."

"No and if you did...it wouldn't matter anyway," she looked out the window.

"Why do you say that?"

"I'm just some young girl you met. It's not like anything is going to happen between us. We're still cool, Mr. Vinci...no worries."

She winked at me then looked back out the car window.

Magnolia was stunning, sweet, full of positive energy and I wanted her badly. But eventually, her age would cause a problem in my world. She's so young and shouldn't waste her youth on me.

But for some reason her calling me mister did something to me and I tried to ignore it.

"The darkness of night is so calming and beautiful."

Her voice was sensual without her even trying and I wondered what her moans would sound like.

"Do you know a woman named Dottie?" She asked, now looking at me.

My eyes widened. "What?"

"Her name was Dorothy but you called her Dottie. She was killed a few years ago."

The car pulled up to the Cafe. Magnolia didn't wait for me or my driver to open her car door. She softly kissed my cheek, then touched my hand.

"She wants you to stay away from your ex wife...Thanks for dinner, Mr. Vinci. If you get bored...call me."

Magnolia got out of the car and shut the door. I was still shocked by her words. Shit, I was damn near terrified.

I watched her walk to her car. I thought I had a handle on my arousal but the hardness in my pants said otherwise.

This young woman already had a hold on me.

***

The next day at work, we had a meeting about outdoor activities for the toddlers during the summer.

We all smiled at the upcoming games and trip to the Zoo. We had our kiddie pools ready to go for the end of the week...but needed to have permission slips signed by the parents.

The kids were still napping while Toni and I got their snacks ready.

"Hey Mag, Lily's mom is picking her up early today."

"Oh okay, I'll go wake her up."

When I went into the nap section, Lily was already up playing with her sister...who died after she was born. Her name was Miley, she was seven years old and has been here since Lily started. Now she's five.

"Hi Lily, your mommy is coming to pick you up early."

"I know..."

"You do. Did Miley tell you?"

Miley gave me a nod, and I smiled. She was so sweet and never gave me a problem. All she wanted to do was look after a little sister.

The other teachers thought she was an imaginary friend, but I knew better.

"Yup...come on, Miley."

Lily walked to the main play area, but her sister didn't follow.

What's wrong, Miley?

I scratched him. He was going to hit my sister.

Who?

She didn't answer and walked away when Ms. Connors came in.

"Hi, Ms. Richards."

"I told you, you can call me Maggy....Lily's been doing really well with her spelling sheet."

Lily smiled along with her mom at my words.

"That's awesome. I signed the letter for her to swim and get wet."

"Ok, great! The Kiddie pools and water sprinklers are being put up at the end of the week. I think the kids are going to love it."

"I'm sure they will."

"What's taking so long?" A man came in that I haven't seen before.

Ms. Connor rolled her eyes. "We're coming, Nelson."

Miley and Lily looked at him with dislike.

"We'll see you tomorrow. Say bye to Ms. Richards, Lily."

She gave me a hug and I smiled. My stare went to the man, our eyes met, and I didn't budge. He looked away, and I could see the scratch mark on his neck.

"Bastard."

Later that night, I took a nice hot bath. I read my book on spirits and the afterlife. I was in the chapter about spirits being lost and needing guidance going into the light.

My phone rang and I looked at the screen...it was an unknown number. I didn't answer, but then a text message came through.

I grabbed my phone.

Why did you block me? I just wanted to get to know you and be friends.

I rolled my eyes. It was Niko.

Why are you being so mean?

I blocked the number.

It was time for me to get out of the tub. While I was drying off my phone ran again...the screen said Mr. Vinci.

"Hello..." I answered.

"Hi, Magnolia. How are you?"

"I'm good. Finally bored, huh?"

He laughed. "No, I just wanted to hear your voice."

I blushed. "Oh..."

"I really enjoyed our date."

"Are you sure you wanna call it that?...I'm too young, remember."

"I deserved that. But you have me rethinking my stance."

I easily got wet...Girl, if you don't calm down!

My conscience was yelling at me, and I got myself together.

"Nope, keep that same energy... I am too young for you."

He laughed again, and I smiled.

"Now... how can I help you, Mr. Vinci?"

"Come work for me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 7.2K 17
WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT!!! A story in which a Alpha is mated to a beautiful mythical siren that has the ability to lure men in with her beauty and vo...
431K 21.3K 25
After viewing the horrific and traumatizing destruction of her pack, Salina has to take care of her younger brother on her own and also find another...
The Day Killer. By 𝐇𝐉

Mystery / Thriller

22.7K 652 31
"I'm busy during the day, I know, but I will always have time for you at night." Started: 5 ~ 1 ~ 22 Ended: - 4 ~ 20 ~ 23
587K 29.2K 21
After witnessing a crime, twenty-two year old-stripper by trade-Ebony Moore finds herself in a bind. What she sees will cost her. It could possibly...