Mad Temptation

Par KalyxIole

For years, Aubrey Evergreen. Wants to investigate who killed her parents. But years after, she believed that... Plus

Chapter 1: The Start.
Chapter 2: Unknown figure.
Chapter 3: Hiding The Monster.
Chapter 4: Undeniable Desires.
Chapter 5: Broken Heart.
Chapter 6: Ashton Grey.
Chapter 7: Siblings.
Chapter 8: The Past About Ashton.
Chapter 10: Meeting An Old Friend.
Chapter 11: First Kiss.
Chapter 12: Unforgettable Moment.
Chapter 13: Consumed By Guilt.
Chapter 14: Painful Past.
Chapter 15: Losing Control.
Chapter 16: Talk With Victoria.
Chapter 17: Unsettled Mind.
Chapter 18: Suspicious.
Chapter 19: Small Investigation.
Chapter 20: Love and Fear.
Chapter 21: Danger, Trouble, Anger.
Chapter 22: Claude's Dangerous Beast.
Chapter 23: Questions That Cannot Be Answered.
Chapter 24: A Peak Of Power.
Chapter 25: True Identity.
Chapter 26: Scary Choices.
Chapter 27: Big Steps, Big Risks.
Chapter 28: Broken Trust, Broken Love.
Chapter 29: Save Ashton.
Chapter 30: Claude vs. Zyrian.
Chapter 31: Life On The Edge.
Chapter 32: Deadly Fate.
Chapter 33: Beast Finally Unleashed.
Chapter 34: Powers Taken.
Chapter 35: Final Battle.
Author's Note

Chapter 9: A Dead Heart.

2 0 0
Par KalyxIole

Aubrey arrived home safely. She noticed the whole house was silent.

Aubrey: Claude? I'm home!

She called out. But no response. Aubrey sighed heavily. Maybe he is in the garden. She shook her head and walked up to her room to change. She successfully changed her clothes and walked downstairs to grab some snacks. She was a bit hungry. On her way down she saw Claude walk in the kitchen. She followed him and was about to call him when her eyes was laid upon his hand. His hand was covered in blood. He walked to the sink and washed his hands. She placed her hand on her mouth. Shocked. He turned around and saw Aubrey. Terrified. When he turned around, she saw splashes of blood on his clothes, even on his face. She was horrified of what she saw.

Claude: You're home.

He said. He raised his hands, showing no signs of weapons. He slowly walked towards her and she backed away.

Claude: Don't be scared My Lady, I am not gonna hurt you. I never will...

He kept walking slowly toward her. She did what was on her mind and ran away from him. She ran upstairs, and going to her room, locking it. She panted heavily. She yelped when her door banged, making her back away. She whimpered in fear.

Claude: My Lady? Open the door please?

Her doorknob rumbled loudly.

Claude: Allow me to explain. Let's talk about this okay? Open the door...I said open the damn door!

He pounded on the door loudly. She sobbed. She shrieked when he started to kick the door aggressively. She ran to her bathroom, locking the door and hiding in the shower. She whimpered when she heard one strong last kick, and the sound of her door busting open. Footsteps slowly, walked everywhere around her room. Searching for her. She could hear shuffling from her room. She froze in place when she heard the bathroom door rumble. She heard him chuckle on the other side.

Claude: My Lady? Are you there? Come out please, let us talk about this okay? Come out, I'm not gonna hurt you.

He rumbled the doorknob. Knocking on the door, as if he was mocking her. She covered her mouth.

Claude: Open! The damn door!

He yelled angrily. Kicking the door open and footsteps were heard. He searched for her.

Claude: Lady Aubrey...come out~, show yourself My Lady~.

He creepily sang while talking. She closed her eyes and tried not to make a sound, tears falling from her eyes. Suddenly, she heard the door close. Did he leave? Is he gone? She opened her eyes, and that was the worst mistake she has ever done. She saw Claude peaking his head through the shower curtain, he smiled sadistically.

Claude: Found you~...

He moved the shower curtain and she screamed loudly when he grabbed her. She thrashed around his hold, crying loudly. She was bent over the sink and he leaned down to her ear.

Claude: You should've just opened the door. Maybe that way things would have been easy.

She pushed him and slapped him hard, running away from his grip, running out of the bathroom and ran to the door but she screamed when she was lifted in the air and was thrown in the bed. She saw him walk towards the door and locked it with the key. He hid the key inside his suit.

Claude: Whoops...looks like there's no way out.

She cried loudly in horror. Claude walked towards her and she backed away and tried to crawl away but her ankles were grabbed. She was pulled and was forced to face him. She cried loudly and he crawled on top of her. She tried to fight against him but he grabbed both of her wrists and put them above her head. She cried out helplessly. Claude shushed her.

Claude: Shh don't be scared, I'm here okay? Shh, you're okay.

He shushed her softly, caressing her cheek. Aubrey kept crying.

Aubrey: Please Claude! Let me go please! Please let me go...!

She sobbed. Claude laughed. Nuzzling his face in her neck.

Claude: I will never let you go. Ever. You are stuck with me, forever.

Aubrey: Claude let me go!

Claude laughed. He faced her and she was absolutely terrified. He looks like a freaking serial killer. She was so scared of it.

Aubrey: Claude...*sniffles* don't hurt me please...please...

Claude: Never. I will never hurt you. Never.

He placed his lips on her cheek, letting it linger there for a while. She closed her eyes and sobbed softly.

Aubrey: Please Claude...let me go...

He pulled away and stared at her scared and innocent eyes.

Claude: No...

Aubrey thrashed around his hold, Claude grabbed her and made her sit down on his lap. He held her face in his hand. She cried helplessly.

Claude: Shh...everything is okay, you're okay. Shh, close your eyes...close your eyes...shh...

Aubrey: Claude let me go....

She pleaded him.

Claude: Look at me, look at me. Go to sleep, go to sleep shh...

She stared at his eyes that turned red. She was staring at those red orbs. She was hypnotized by it.

Claude: Sleep...

He whispered, she suddenly fell into a deep sleep. Claude kept her in his arms. His eyes were laid upon her neck. Fully revealed. He traced his nose on her neck. Smelling her intoxicating scent. Making him go insane. He opened his mouth and stuck out his long tongue and lick her neck. A string of saliva showed. She is so tasty. He can't wait to have her officially. He chuckled softly and caressed her hair.

Claude: Shh...go to sleep...sleep...

His fangs grew and his eyes glowed brightly red. He kissed her neck repeatedly. Smirking while thinking about his vicious plan.

(Aubrey's POV)

Aubrey groaned softly and slowly opened her eyes. She felt something soft underneath her. She looked around and saw that she was in his room. She gasped loudly and sat up instantly. Looking around. She stood up and she saw herself in the mirror. She was wearing a white nightgown. Meaning Claude changed her. She hissed softly in pain when she had flashbacks about what happened a while ago. She started breathe heavily. Claude, his bloody hands, the way he was like a psychopath. She ran towards the door, opening it but gasped when she saw Claude in the way. She was scared of him by now. Claude smiled at her.

Claude: I was about to check if you were awake, are you hungry?

He entered the room and she immediately backed away from him. He was caught off guard and stared at her innocently.

Claude: My Lady, are you okay?

He walked towards her.

Aubrey: No don't go near me!

She shouted, backing away from him. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

Claude: My Lady wha...what's...

Aubrey: You killed someone! Your hands were covered in blood I remember it! I saw it with my own eyes!

Claude: Killed? I could never do such a thing-

Aubrey: Liar! Don't come near me!

Claude: My Lady are you alright? What is going on with you?

Aubrey: I'll report you to the police! I'll tell them you killed someone!

Claude: I did not kill anybody! What on earth are you talking about?

Aubrey: Your hands were covered in blood! And you washed them in the sink, you turned around and you were covered in blood!

Claude: *Scoffs* That is ridiculous. I was in the garden the whole afternoon.

Aubrey: W-what...?

Claude: I was in the garden! I heard a noise coming from the kitchen and when I walked in I saw you on the ground. I brought you here and changed you so what on earth are you saying?

Aubrey: B-but...y-you were-

Claude: Whatever it was, maybe it was just a dream. Look, I will do anything like that. Do you think I'm a killer?

Aubrey: I don't know...

She whispered. Gripping her hair. Sighing heavily in stress and anxiety.

Claude: I will never do that. How could you even think like that?

Aubrey: Well then why was your hands covered in blood? W-why were you covered in blood?! Tell me!

Claude: For goodness sake I do not know what you are saying My Lady! I told you I was in the garden okay?

Aubrey: Claude-

Claude: This is ridiculous. So you're thinking I'm a killer? Is that what you think of me? Wow...unbelievable.

Aubrey: No Claude that's not what I was-

Claude: Not what? What were you trying to say? I killed somebody? I murdered somebody? Do you think I could do that? I thought you said you trust me....

Aubrey: Claude I trust you-

Claude: Accusing someone of killing a person does not seem like trust for me.

He said. Aubrey was sad about this. Claude just looks so sad and hurt.

Aubrey: Claude I...I'm sorry...

Claude: Just forget about it.

He sighed heavily. He turned around and left the room. Aubrey fell down on her knees. Covered her face with her hands.

(Author's POV)

The sound of the heavy rain was heard. And there was a man, standing on the tree branch. Completely drenched in rain but he doesn't care. He jumped off the tree branch and landed swiftly on the wet ground and ran towards the mansion. Sneakily peaking through the window, and that's where he saw Claude, fixing the pillows of the couch. The man grabbed his dagger and tried to open the window but it clicked. Claude looked behind him and that's when the man hid. Claude walked towards the window and placed the window, looking left and right. Roamed his eyes around but saw no one. He closed the window and locked it and closed the curtains. Claude locked every single window and doors. Closing every curtains. Claude walked up the stairs and towards his room. When Claude got in the room, he saw Aubrey in the bed. Her back turned to him. He walked towards the bed and laid down beside her. She felt the bed dip down because she woke up and turned around to face him.

Aubrey: Claude, you're here...

Claude: Go back to sleep My Lady.

Aubrey: No. I want to apologize for how I acted earlier.

She sat up. She bit her lips and looked at him. Claude had his eyes closed.

Aubrey: Claude... I'm so sorry. M-maybe you're right. Maybe it was just a dream.

Claude: Yeah...it is best if we just forget about it.

He said simply. Eyes still closed. Aubrey could still feel he is sad. She held his hand.

Aubrey: Will you forgive me?

Claude: You are forgiven.

She smiled softly and laid beside him. She cuddled next to him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and nuzzled her face in his neck.

Aubrey: I'm very sorry Claude. I must've hurt your feelings.

She said. Drawing random shapes on his chest.

Claude: I just can not believe you would think of me like that. Me? Killing someone? Just imagined how I would feel about that.

Aubrey: I know and I feel so terrible about it. I'm sorry Claude maybe I was scared about what happened. I wasn't thinking straight.

Claude: *Sighs* I'm sleepy. Let's just go to sleep okay?

Aubrey: Aren't you going to change?

Claude: Too tired to do so.

Aubrey: But you will not be comfortable.

Claude: You got a point.

He sighed heavily and stood up from the bed. Walking towards the closet and untying his tie. Removing his suit and sighed softly. Aubrey looked away and cleared her throat. Tucking a hair behind her ear. Claude walked back to the bed and laid down. She also laid down beside him. Cuddled next to him. He wrapped his arms around her. She caressed his bare chest.

Aubrey: Why do you sleep shirtless?

Claude: I like it. It's relaxing.

Aubrey: Don't you feel cold?

Claude: Do you want to find out?

She blushed brightly and slightly slapped his chest and Claude laughed. She blushed brightly like a tomato.

Claude: But to answer your question, no. I don't feel cold. I just feel comfortable when I sleep shirtless.

Aubrey: Claude?

Claude: Hmm?

Aubrey: I'm scared...

Claude faced her. Furrowing his eyebrows.

Claude: Scared of what?

Aubrey: I don't know. Everything. I just feel like someone is watching me. Every night. But whenever I'm with you, I just feel like I am protected. I feel safe whenever I'm in your arms. But when you are not, I feel like I will be targeted again.

Claude: There's nothing to be afraid of.

Aubrey: Are you sure? Because it is slowly getting worse. Like the other day, I was thrown down the stairs. And the music box, Claude the music box I found it...

Claude: My Lady calm down-

Aubrey: Claude I think they are coming after me-

Claude: No they are not. No they are not okay? Shh listen to me. They are not. Okay? I am not gonna let bad things happen to you again okay?

Aubrey nodded. Claude smiled softly at her and hugged her tight. She felt so safe in his arms.

Aubrey: Claude what if I die? What's gonna happen to me?

Claude: Do not think negative things My Lady. You are safe with me. Okay?

He hugged her tightly. Caressing her hair.

Claude: Today has been exhausting wouldn't you agree?

Aubrey: Agreed.

Claude: Sleep My Lady. Maybe that's all we need.

Aubrey closed her eyes and slept. Claude kept caressing her hair.

Aubrey: Claude...?

She asked half asleep.

Claude: Yes?

Aubrey: Can you...sing for me...?

Claude: Sing?

Aubrey hummed. Eyes still closed while she was slowly falling asleep.

Claude: Okay. *Sings* ~I'll kiss you hard before I go. Before backing away now. I just wanted you to feel, oh baby you're the best. You got your white dress on tonight, while I am putting on my charming smile. Got your hair up really beautifully styled. Lipstick on, and seeing your smile. Now, we're down, sitting down on the bed while drinking a glass of wine while making each other smile, honey I'm on fire, love around the air, nothing scares us anymore. I'll kiss you hard before I go. Before backing away now. I just wanted you to feel, oh baby you're the best.

He finished the song and kissed her forehead lovingly.

Claude: Goodnight My Lady.

He whispered softly and closed his eyes. Letting sleep take over them.

(In his dreams)

He gripped his sword tight and ran towards the police officers. Killing them one by one. He yelped in pain when he felt his back get hit by the sword. Tearing his skin apart. He fell down on his one knee, he clenched his fists tightly and standing up and killing the police officers. Stabbing them. His eyes were glowing in anger. He couldn't care if he kills the innocents or not. All that matters to him is blood. They will pay for what they've done. He slayed them. Heavy rain pouring over them. His anger couldn't be compared by anything. The pain his heart. Pain. Anger. Betrayal. His tears mixed with the rain. He yelped in pain again when he felt his leg be slashed by a sword. He groaned loudly in pain. He gripped his sword tighter. Screaming in rage and killed the police in front of him. The police fell down on the muddy ground. He hissed in pain and looked at his leg that was bleeding. He sighed heavily, but he gasped loudly when he felt a sharp object stab him from behind. He gagged out blood and looked at his stomach and saw that there was a sword stabbed through his stomach. The sword was pulled away by the person and he fell down on the ground. Blood pouring out of his body.

He stared at the sky that was raining. He gripped his stomach that was bleeding. He heard a chuckle making him look at the person that stabbed him. A man in his uniform while holding a sword. He looked at the badge and realized that it was a captain.
And it was Captain Robinson.

Robinson: You killed a lot of people today. You killed every single people in this village. In this town. You are a merciless killer. Your sins must be paid. Justice must be brought. You must die.

He pointed his bloody sword at him. Claude's dull eyes stared at his green ones. One tear left his eyes.

Claude: Kill me. Free me from this unbearable pain....Robinson...

He said weakly.

Robinson: With pleasure.

He raised his sword in the air, and was about to stab Claude but a hand pierced him from behind. His heart in somebody's hand. The hand was pulled away and let the body fall. And there was a man in black cloak. Wearing a mask. The masked man kneeled down and sighed heavily. Clicking his tongue.

Man: Oh poor you...all you wanted to do was take revenge for your sister's death. But tsk tsk tsk, how sad. Instead of getting revenge, you die, in the end. *Chuckles* But do not worry, I shall save you.

Claude: There is no need...I am a dead man anyway...this is what I deserve...

Man: Upsetting. But as they say, everyone deserves a second chance eh? Let us make a deal Ravenswood. I save you from dying, I save you from bleeding, and in return. You shall work for me. Give me...your soul.

Claude was feeling weak. Claude gasped softly. He lifted his hand and reached out for the man, the moment his hand was held by the man....

(End of his dream)

Claude woke up and opened his eyes. His dull eyes blankly stared at the ceiling above him. He had another dream about his past. Of how he became a demon. He took a deep breath and turned to look at Aubrey who was sleeping like a baby. He kept staring at her beauty. She was gifted with beauty. Her eyes, he always drowns in those beautiful eyes. They just look so pretty. Innocent. Beautiful. He caressed her soft cheek. And finally his eyes traveled down to her lips. Those beautiful. Plumpy. Smooth. Tempting and kissable lips. He is always tempted to kiss them. He just wants to wrap his lips around hers and kiss her all day. He imagines her under him. While they are both naked. Under the sheets. Eyes closed as they kiss each other's lips. Tongue rubbing against each other. Love everywhere around them. Releasing sounds of good pleasure. Saying how much they love each other. He just wish they could.

Confess to each other and fall in love. Go out to go to dates, while they hold their hands. Intertwine them. The thought just makes him want to be a normal human being again. But what's done is done. He can't be a human. He never will turn into a human. He'll forever be a demon. And the thought of him letting her go, and letting her find another man that'll be better than him. Makes him sad. But even if he likes it or not, it's for the best. Maybe things will be better if she would find another man to fall in love with and build a family, for him it's fine. Even if it hurts him. It's fine. It's for the best. He'll be fine even if she chooses the man over him. He is ready to feel the pain, just to see her smile. His heart has felt a lot of pain. It'll surely break him if she finds another. But for the greater good of her life, he is ready to leave. Live in the darkness alone again. But he'll be forever watching her. Just to see her smile even though it's not meant for him. It'll hurt him. Very bad. But there's nothing he can to change that.

He'll be watching Aubrey play with the kids. Shower them with unconditional love. And go out with dates with her husband. His heart will break multiple times, over and over again. But for Aubrey, he is willing to sacrifice anything just for her. He is willing to be burning in Hell, if that meant seeing her live in peace. Life sure is unfair. But that's life. He sighed heavily and kissed her forehead. She groaned softly and hugged him tight. Claude closed his eyes once again. Letting sleep take over him. Feeling, dead inside his heart.

"Don't judge people. Don't make fun of their situation in life. You have no idea what they could be going through."

-Kalyx Iole Gomez

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

Unconquered Par Deeツ

Roman pour Adolescents

6.1K 1K 65
(Completed; Edited) #Second Place in the Grand Dame Awards (14th February 2019) hosted by Majestic Inc. #Reader's Choice Award (23rd February 2020) i...
397K 9.8K 51
[COMPLETED] #Ranks : #14 on 30/11/18 (category : Ex) #17 on 29/6/19 ( category : adultromance) #57 on 29/6/19 ( category: Suspense) Excerpt : "I can...
96 0 20
Grove hill has a history of mysterious disappearances and deaths. This is the story on how I got to the bottom of it and what I found on the other si...
25K 197 8
**Pinning me under him, with me completely at his mercy... "If fucking you was an art, I'd paint you all day, Tesoro" He whispers mischievously, his...