The pogue boy and the kook pr...

By Coolboy2345678

The story of RJ (Rowan Jay) Routledge and his discovery with love and treasure along with his chosen family. ... More

Intro
Chapter 1 summer time
Chapter 2 after the storm
Chapter 3 Sarah Cameron
Chapter 4 kegger
Chapter 6 compass
Chapter 7 JJ being JJ
Chapter 8 Lana's
Chapter 9 office
Chapter 10 the break in
Chapter 11 redfield
Chapter 12 adventure
Chapter 13 the record recorder
Chapter 14 four hundred mill
Chapter 15 salvage yard
Chapter 16 the wreck
Chapter 17 oreos
Chapter 18 royal merchant
Chapter 19 dcs
Chapter 20 Vince and Val
Chapter 21 library
Chapter 22 motherland
Chapter 23 school
Chapter 24 midsummer
Chapter 25 plant map
Chapter 26 game on
Chapter 27 the meeting
Chapter 28 the hospital
Chapter 29 moving in
Chapter 30 the Crain house
Chapter 31 girlfriend
Chapter 32 walk
Chapter 33 chetau
Chapter 34 Camrone's household
Chapter 35 plan in motion
Chapter 36 the reconciliation
Chapter 37 Rafe Cameron
Chapter 38 the breaker
Chapter 39 crazy lady
Chapter 40 shot
Chapter 41 night swim
Chapter 42 unexpected obstacle
Chapter 43 ladies man
Chapter 44 pawnshop
Chapter 45 setup
Chapter 46 the house of the drug dealer
Chapter 47 the wreck

Chapter 5 Row Row

969 21 1
By Coolboy2345678

RJ's pov

The next day

I woke up with an headache and a bruise on my face. Great just my luck I guess.

He went out and was met by John B and sheriff Peterkin's. ''RJ nice of you to join'', she said as she smiled towards me. I had to be polite, so I smiled back. ''take a seat'', she said and I did.

''sorry to interrupt but as I said to John B before you came. Dcs called. They wanted me to see how you two were doing as they couldn't. So, how's it going boys? Something i need to know?'', she said narrowing her eyes at me and JB.

''uh, fine. Great actually so, no'', JB answered. ''is that so?'', she questioned us. ''yes it is. So, if it's just that. Thanks for stopping by. Sorry for it was for nothing'', I said.

She looked at me. ''good to hear, but I have heard things. That got my attention''. ''like what?'', JB asked her. I gulped.

''that your uncle T I think. Was your guardian, but he hasn't been here since three months ago. Am I right or?'', she asked us.

''nah, that's not true'', I answered her. ''I know it is Rowan. I checked and I also found out you two weren't doing the best in school before summer vacation. Is that right?''.

''I guess I don't know'', I answered. ''I'm just failing history'', JB said in defence.

''okay, I heard something interesting. There was a fight at the beach yesterday. Is that also made up?''.

''no it wasn't'', I was quick to say. She looked at me and examined me. ''by the look of you and John b's face I would say so Rowan. Don't worry you're not in trouble. I just want to know if there were a gun in the picture?''.

JB and I looked at each other for a second. ''no'', we both said in unison.

She looked at us. ''did we get into a fight. Yes we did, but no gun involved'', I spoke.

She sighed. ''I know who it was, and I'll get to him later''.

''no, it was me. I found it and it went off. I threw it afterwards'', I quickly said to protect JJ.

''is that so?''. ''yes''. ''okay, that's not important. What is, is making sure you both are in a safe home''. ''yes we are sheriff'', JB said with a smile.

''yeah uncle T's coming soon too'', I backed him up. ''hm, if he's coming then''. I think both of you can stay''.

''yep, that's right sheriff'', I answered her. ''but however, I'm sticking up for you two. You need to help me''.

''uh, sure what can we help you with?'', I asked intrigued.

''a body was found yesterday. Do you know about it?''. ''no, we don't'', JB answered quickly.

''okay, just stay out of the marsh. Or were both of you there? ''uhm we were fishing but we didn't see anything'', I said.

''okay, no wreck in sight?''. JB gulped as she said that. ''no'', I answered.

''to be clear. Up here at the surface is foster care and down in the water is juvie. Nothing for kids like you two. Up here both you and your friends do whatever, in obx. Or else it'll be foster care another place long from here. So, I'm asking both of you. Did you or did you not see a wreck in the water?''.

''no, sheriff Peterkin's we didn't'', JB spoke hearing sincere.

''good. It's better for you two. I'm gonna look the other way, but both of you have to stay out of the marsh then. Understand?''. ''yes''. ''good. I have to go. You two have a good day'', she said and left.

Me and JB looked at each other. ''gather the gang?'', he asked I nodded.

----

Me and the gang were outside our house on the deck. JB began to speak. ''me and RJ got a visit from Peterkin's. She said if we were out of trouble, like not going to the marsh. She'll help with the dcs''. ''you believe that?'', JJ asked. ''yeah we do'', I answered him. ''I can't believe you two right now''.

''come on JJ. We just have to stay out of the marsh for some days. Then me and JB won't go to either foster care or worse juvie. Plus, JJ I saved you ass. Peterkins know about the gun. I took the blame for you''.

''wow thank you RJ. Thank you for taking the blame for me. I saved your ass''.

I rolled my eyes.

''maybe I should just let Topper have drowned you''. ''JJ that's enough'', Kie spoke up.

I heard JJ scoff. ''they always do this. They start shit and they win it. The kooks is all and the pogue's are not. I'm so tired of that. When is it gonna be us?'', JJ said as he took his hands on his face.

''JJ man'', I tried talking to him but it didn't work. Kie came and held him. ''JJ it's not fine, but we're good''.

JJ looked back up and stood up. ''you're right it's not fine. They don't want us to go there cause they know there is something down there that is worth something. That makes me want to go down there more''.

JJ looked at Pope and pointed at him. ''you have the act. The golden boy, the scholarship that you need'', he stopped.

Then he looked at Kie and pointed at her. ''you're already rich Kie''.

He looked back at me and John B. He took his hands around us. ''but us. We have nothing. So, we have nothing to lose. I have a plane just listen. John B and RJ have the keys to ward Cameron's boat. Because he trusts them. So, what if we loan the scuba gear they have. Because we know they have that''.

''yeah they do'', John b answered. ''see. We take that and maybe we'll get rich. Think about that. Rich kids don't get thrown in foster care'', JJ said.

I looked at JB. ''are we in?'' I asked him. He looked back at me, smirking. ''we're in'', he said.

''woho'', JJ shouted.

''we go there now, and we'll get to the wreck this afternoon. Everyone in?''.

I smirked, thinking of the possibility to get rich. ''I'm in''. ''me as well''. ''erh. If something happens. My names stay out'', Pope said. ''someone have to take care of you boys'', Kie said.

''good. John B and RJ. Go to the boat and get the scuba dive. We'll stay here and wait''.

Me and JB hoped at the boat and drove to the Cameron's.

----

We were now at their state. I looked to see if someone was near, but no one were. I looked at JB. ''I'll go in and you'll be lookout''. ''yeah'', was all he said.

I went out the boat and went into the druthers.

I found the gear. Then I heard a familiar voice and stopped at my tracks. ''mhm Rowan you are so bad''. My eyes widened and I looked at the couch seeing Sarah. She was sleeping and she was talking in her sleep.

''Row Row. My dad will be home a second'', I heard her say. I was surprised that I accidentally went closer and fell on top of her.

She immediately opened up her eyes and was met by mine. ''RJ?''. ''in the flesh'', I said.

I pulled myself up from her. ''what are you doing here?'', she asked me as she saw the scuba gear.

''uhm, believe me if I said plotting revenge?''. She furrowed her brows at me. ''nope, okay. Uhm, well. Topping off some tanks then''. ''hm, okay''.

I saw she was examine me. She stood up and came closer.

She took her hand and caressed my cheek where my bruise was. ''I'm sorry''. I groaned. ''again it's not you who should say that Sarah. It was your idiot of a boyfriend, not you princess''. ''still, I feel horrible''.

I smirked. ''so, horrible that you were having a sex dream about me?''. ''what?'', she said as she took her hand off me.

I noticed she began to blush. ''it's cool Sarah. I have that affect''. ''jerk, and I did not'', she said as she pushed me but I saw a little smile on her.

''but are you okay?''. ''yeah of course. I'm Rowan Jay Routledge I can handle that''.

''you don't need to be the tough guy around me Row''.

I sighed. ''I'm fine Sarah''.

''RJ'', I heard JB shout. I went out and hoped on the boat. Sarah came out and looked at us.

''John B, not surprised actually. I guess it's a pogue thing then''. ''no, I told you what we're gonna do. we're fulling the tanks'', I answered her.

She ignored me and looked at John B. ''are you good?'', she asked him. ''I'm alright'', he answered.

I don't know what came over me but I asked her. ''why are you with him?''. I saw she got caught off guard with the question.

''i-I he's n-not that bad actually''. ''yeah, sure''. I heard she sighed. ''can we drop this kook and pogue thing'', she said looking at me. I ignored her and took of my shirt.

''yeah easy to say as you are a kook Sarah. Try being a pogue. Yes it can be fun but sometimes it can also be hard'', JB answered her.

''tell your boyfriend he won the first round, but he should watch his back'', I spoke up. ''see this is what I mean'', she said gesturing to me.

''it's stupid'', she said. ''yeah well, sometimes it's the way of nature. We can't always get what we want princess. Hope you dream sweet Sarah'', I said smirking at her.

She rolled her eyes at me, but she blushed again.

JB started the engine and drove.

I heard her shout, and I looked back. ''I did not have a dream about you''. ''sure you didn't'', I answered her back. That resulted in her giving me the finger. I just laughed.

I looked back at JB and saw him looking at me. ''just drive Johnny'', I told him and he did.

----

We picked rest of the gang up and now we're at the scene.

''so, you two know how to dive?'', Kie asked me and JB. ''kind of'', I said. She shook her head at us.

''there's just one thank that can hold. Great RJ, you took just one that could hold. Whose going?'', JJ asked. ''not you'', Pope was quick to say. ''hey maybe I can''. ''well, do you know how to JJ?'', I asked him. ''how hard can it be. Like just breathe with your mouth like always''. ''JJ is not going'', Kie said.

''I'll go''. ''sure RJ?'', Pope asked. ''yeah I've done it once when I was younger''.

''it's about thirty feet down. It'll take maybe like twenty five minutes at least. So, your safety stop should be at ten feet for 2 minutes. I don't know...'', Pope got cut off as they watched Kie.

She took her shirt off and hopped into the water.

''uh, what just happened?'', Pope asked. ''don't ask me dude, but I definitely liked it. And I think RJ did too'', I heard JJ say.

I saw Kie coming back up. She was wet and she looked good too. ''you're drooling here RJ'', JJ whispered into my ear. I looked back at him. ''so are you, doofus'', I answered back.

Kie took a towel on her and walked to me. ''I tied my shirt at ten feet. There you make your stop''. I nodded.

''okay, as you're down there remember look for the cargo hold. Then you stick in, twist, pull. Got it?''. ''yeah got it''.

I put the tank behind him. ''be careful'', Kie told me and did the surprising thing. She kissed me on the cheek.

I smiled at her. ''will do Kie''.

I noticed everyone starring at us. JJ smirking as always.

''get down there and breath as little as possible. Move now because we don't want to get caught in the marsh and risk something'', Pope told me. I nodded and splashed into the water.

John B's pov

As RJ was still down there a police boat came. Shit. I hid myself. I heard JJ. ''good day officers may I help you?''.

''no, but may we help you? The marsh is closed for the moment. I suggest you kids turn'', one of the officers say.

''no, I didn't know. May I ask why?''. Dammit JJ just shut up.

''we're searching''. ''for what?''. ''none of your business boy''.

''noted''. ''where is the Routledge boys?''. ''oh, they? They're home. Didn't want to come''.

''hm, I'll check your boat for a minute''.

Shit I heard the officer step on the boat. I quickly hid in an small place where the window was right above. So, if he didn't come in then he can't see me.

''looks okay'', I heard him say then he got back on his boat.

''yep got nothing to hide'', I heard Pope say. Pope man.

''get out of here and do something fun'', the one officer said.

Then I heard them drove away. As I stepped up I looked down to see RJ in the surface.

''guys help RJ''.

3rd pov

They helped the oldest Routledge up.

He took of his gear. ''damn that took long. I didn't have much time''.

''good they went when they did'', Pope spoke.

''did you find something?'', JB asked his brother.

RJ smirked and put the bag on the boat. ''did I find anything''.

''that's ma freaking best friend'', JJ exclaimed.

''uh, guys we have to move. There's another boat coming and I don't think that's friendly'', Kie said to her friends.

All of them looked at the direction of that boat and agreed.

They began to drive as fast as they could.

''they're following'', Pope exclaimed.

Suddenly a gun shot was heard and all the teens ducked. RJ went over to Kie and tried to shield her.

There were fired more shots. JJ got up and threw something in the water. This made the boat stop and the teens still went fast.

----

They made it to the Routledge's.

''dude, that was crazy. Like damn''. ''yeah, we know JJ. We were there''. RJ said sighing at his best friend.

''let's open the bag'', Pope said. ''I can't wait'', JJ jumped happy.

JJ opened up the bag and there was a compass. ''did we risk our life for a compass?'', Kie just asked.

Pope shook his head. ''yeah we did''. ''oh, come on. Couldn't it be gold or something'', JJ whined.

RJ and JB looked at the compass and studied it. They were familiar with it.

They both looked up at each other. ''it's dad's'', John B spoke. ''it is'', RJ said.

''well, I'll be damned'', JJ said surprised.

To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 810 19
"bad things happen to the people you love, and you find yourself praying up to heaven above..." #9 in sidneyprescott (4/11/23) #8 in weshicks (5/6/23...
37K 6.4K 36
ဆပ်ပြာပူဖောင်းလေးနဲ့တူတဲ့ အချစ်ဦးရေ .. ငါတိုး၀င်လာတဲ့အခါ ကျေးဇူးပြုပြီး မပျောက်ကွယ်သွားပါနဲ့လား ..
18.2K 487 21
"but why do I always feel like I'm in the twilight zone?" fear street 1994: oc x kate schmidt fear street 1978: oc x fear street 1978 fear street 166...
57.4K 638 85
Smuts with Bollywood movie characters based on their character's in movie. You can request your favorite movie as well.