TBATE: Mirage

By jdinjz1

I was chosen to be great. I was chosen to rise up in this world. For I was the child of prophecy. But I wasn'... More

Woven
Figure
Potent
Illustrious
Awaken
Visit
Finally
Unseen
Arrival
Amazed
Commence
Reminisce
Notice
Dove
Test
Activate
Change
Recent
Plan
Deliver
Follower
Perfection
Optimal
Soothe
Forget
Issue
Deepen
Leave
Onwards
Deck
Together
Regulate
Sorrow
Glad
Proven
Bond
Lesson
Fortify
Value
Pleasure
Lend
Uncover
Rise
Fold
Gone
Surprise
Woeful
Consider

New

194 7 1
By jdinjz1

(LIAM'S POV)
"How do I look?" I showed off the clothes that I would be wearing to attend Xyrus Academy today. And judging by the looks of Curtis and Kathyln I got their approval.

"With that uniform of yours, every girl is going to fall head over heels for." Curtis gave me a thumbs up. I looked over to Kathyln waiting to hear her opinion on my uniform. "You look great." She muttered.

I was glad to hear that at least I didn't look like some kind of idiot which was nice to know. Blaine approached me patting me on the shoulder. "You look like a true Glayder! I wish you the best at Xyrus Academy." He nodded at me.

I gave them all a parting smile as I entered the carriage. The last thing I saw was Curtis giving me his bright smile and Kathyln waving at me. I could've sworn that she was crying but I was too far away to know.

Mum, dad, Grandpa, Alea, Aya, Arthur and Tessia it'd be my first day attending Xyrus Academy.

(TIMESKIP)
This academy was something else. It was everything I imagined that a prestigious academy would be like. But I had arrived a bit earlier under Director Goodsky's orders before all the other students had arrived. She wanted to see me beforehand.

Rae was on my head as per usual as I entered the gates of Xyrus Academy waiting for me was a person with glasses. "You must be Liam Glayder an honour to meet someone from the royal family." He said calmly. Despite not cracking his composure I could tell that he was nervous about my presence. I already knew I was a pretty big thing around here.

If you didn't know who Liam Glayder was in The Kingdom of Sapin you were surely living under a rock. Well, that's what people said anyway. I couldn't care less about my title or status but others here were. I mean I was half human, half elf so I could see why people would take an interest in me.

I smiled at the man as he directed me where to go. When I saw a lady at the reception she must have been the one to register students like me in this academy.

"Student, Liam Glayder." As she said that her eyes widened a bit looking over at me as I gave her a small wave. I could tell that she was a bit awestruck but I never knew that I would have this effect on normal citizens. She continued. "Battle Mage Candidate, Affinity for Water, Earth, Fire, Wind. . . Unbelievable!" She shouted to herself.  "A-A quadra-elemental mage. . . Right this way."

I nodded as I entered a massive stage with seats yet to be filled. I looked over to see Director Goodsky on stage as she snapped her fingers filling the room with some sort of force field. "I'm glad that you can make Liam." She winked at me. "Please take a seat with the others." She gestured with her hand.

I almost had forgotten that I wasn't the only person who was under Director Goodsky's wing. There were two other people as well who I was now sitting between.

"My name is Liam what's yours?" I introduced myself to the other guy. But he kept silent not even looking my way but just forward. The nerve on this guy.

He possessed pale skin and platinum blonde hair, combed over to his left. His head was oval-shaped with a strong jawline. Judging from how he was sitting on the chair he was tall and imposing, around my height for our age.

I looked over to my left hoping that she would introduce herself to me at least. I sighed hoping for a different outcome. "My name is Liam what's yours." I hoped for an answer but at last, they were not giving me the same treatment as the guy. She never looked my way as I looked down at the ground in defeat. I would have spent time with these people great.

"Varay, Varay Aurae." She simply said in a serious tone. In the corner of her eyes, she looked over at me and she appeared a bit startled for only a second at me but remained composed not giving a single damn about me.

She had white hair having bangs on her forehead not only that she had grey eyes as well. I had she was also a pretty girl but that meant nothing to me at the very least.

We continued to watch in silence as Director Goodsky informed us about what would be happening with the three of us. We were going to be a part of the Student Council and we had no say in it which was very rude of Director Goodsky.

If only I won that duel against her I might have been at home by now but I was interested in what she could teach me.

And I also got no say in the role I would be a part of in the Student Council. I didn't just get any simple role. I got the role. I was going to be the Student Council president which was annoying, to say the least. Varay would be the vice president while whoever that guy's name was was going to be the treasurer.

But that wasn't the worst news of it all. I was going to be paired with him as my dorm mate. We would be living in the same room if this couldn't get any worse.

"Liam you'll be on this very stage very soon. . . So prepare a speech to amaze them." In a matter of seconds, my opinion of Director Goodsky had changed. She wanted to tease me for being in this position. What was I meant to do against the person who had all the power at Xyrus Academy?

"Wait so who else is a part of the student council it can't be just the three of us?" The guy beside me asked.

"That would be us."

I shifted my head quickly hearing that familiar voice. He raised his hand in the air with a gentle smirk on his face and beside him was a girl I recognised all too well.

Chris Farlon and Luna Narcose. They both gave me a slight wave sitting next to Varay's side. I remembered them during my adventurer days. Where we were clearing out the last dungeon and we were the only ones from the party to have survived. An unfortunate day.

But I did make some friends which was good.

"I'm glad that all of you are here. . . It also seems like the new students are entering Xyrus Academy as we speak so I would like it if you got prepared." Director Goodsky gestured for us to be on the stage.

Chatter consumed the stage as nearly all the seats had been filled with students. This was the first time I had been with so many people my age all in one place.

It was a bit nerve-wracking I'll admit as we were waiting for Director Goodsky to announce our names as we would have to introduce ourselves to the students. But in the meantime, I was able to catch up with Chris and Luna. It was nice to know some people here that made me feel a bit more comfortable.

"It's good to see the both of you how have you been?" I asked excitedly as I could hear the students clapping.

"Same old same old just been living life you know. How about you? Liam Glayder you're pretty popular with the locals." Chris punched me on the shoulder playfully.

"I would like to welcome all the future leaders, scholars and powerhouses of Dicathen, to this humble academy."

We all listened patiently and silently to Director's Goodsky speech as our time would be up soon.

"I am Director Cynthia Goodsky. This school year will be a year that will be important to all of you. You will face new experiences, make friends and experience hardship along the way at Xyrus Academy. But fear not as such, who better to welcome you all and help you with your future endeavours than the very students that will help lead and give voices to every one of you."

Director Goodsky looked over at us for a split second with a smile before she continued to speak. "Please give a warm welcome to the members of the Xyrus Academy Student Council!"

The room erupted into claps and cheers once more as we looked at each other preparing to head off.

"That's our turn." Chris saluted heading off first with Luna.

One by one the student council all showed themselves to the students. Now it was just me left. I took a deep breath as I stepped out of the darkness and revealed myself to everyone I walked up to the podium looking at the faces of the students with a gentle smile on my face.

I could see instantly everyone's face brighten up as soon as they had laid eyes on me. All the girls that were sitting had their faces tinted to a red that was so bright to my eyes as they had begun squealing to one another and gossiping.

I knew I was decent looking but not to the point where I was now the centre of attention. If I saw correctly I'm pretty sure even some of the boys had been dazzled by my charm.

I guess for not only girls but guys as well. I have to thank my mother for these gorgeous looks.

"My name is Liam Glayder, your student council president. First and foremost, congratulations on your admittance to the finest institute of mages this continent has to offer." I placed my hands on the podium scanning and looking at everyone in the room.

"While I am a first year like you I too want to grow develop and experience things that I never thought I would possibly be able to." I paused for a moment letting my work sink with the students who were in awe of what I was saying to them.

"We are students of Xyrus Academy now. . . I expect the best from all of us because we are the finest future mages that the continent has to offer!" I finished off by saying and just like an incredible response had appeared.

Thunderous claps spread across the room like wildfire. I relished this feeling right now this very moment. It was the best feeling I had in a long time. I knew I would be at this academy for some time I would make the most out of it.

I would have to learn and get used to so many people around me all the time. Mum and Dad, I'm wondering how you're doing at this moment hopefully you're doing fine just like I am.

Like I said before it was the first time that I would be all on my own.

'Papa! I'm here you know." Rae scoffed.

I chuckled lightly as I scratched Rae's chin.

"Of course, I hadn't forgotten you I could never."

I watched as the students clapped and cheers died down. It was almost time for our first break meaning that it would also be the first time attending the classes that we had been selected to go in.

After all Xyrus Academy was the first school I was attending all my life I had been homeschooled by my family members. So I wonder how this environment would play out and if it was better than being homeschooled. Maybe there were some things at Xyrus Academy that I wouldn't be able to get from home.

But either it was a huge milestone and step for me to take rather like a leap of faith to the unknown. For all I knew was that the old had been gone and now it was time for the. . .

New.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 11.1K 135
Just another what if fanfic of TBATE (the beginning after the end) originally written by TurtleMe. In this fanfic, there is no Grey, he was not rein...
59.8K 2.5K 37
What if Arthur didn't listen to Sylvia's final warning and lived solely to avenge her? What if there was a young elf princess who knew he was a good...
51 0 4
He's allowing Liam to step into his space, to see the worst part of him and say 'See me, know me, understand that this is the worst of me but it is n...
278K 19.9K 200
(Could have spoilers from Light Novel) (Some things are changed for the purpose of the story) At the age of eight Luke was diagnosed with a heart dis...