The Player's Doctor

By unknow900

Amelia Faith, who has been a doctor for over a year now. She never would have thought she would fall in love... More

Disclaimer:
Characters
Playlist
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
Important!!!
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
Epilogue

11.

5.9K 115 1
By unknow900

Coming Home From the Hospital

Today was the day that I could go home. I was pretty excited, but also nervous. I was excited because I can leave the hospital and sleep in my own bed, but I was nervous because Dane will be staying with us.

"Okay, I have your medications and shit. Do you need help getting dressed?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck. For the past couple of weeks, I have been in the hospital, my mother and sister helped me getting dressed.

"No, I got it." I said, standing up. I grabbed my clothes, which were sweats, and went into the hospital bathroom to change.

My hands untied the tie on the back of my gown, dropping it to the ground. I stared at myself in the mirror, I had light faded bruises, cuts on my face, and I was sore. I hated how ugly I looked and felt.

For the first time in weeks, I couldn't put on a bra because of my broken ribs. But I could put on proper underwear, and not the granny underwear they gave me. I put on my pants, wincing when my arm bent. It wasn't broken, it was fractured, but it still hurt. When it was time to put on my sweatshirt, it hurt like a bitch. I couldn't put it on.

Someone knocked on the bathroom door. "You okay?" Asked Dane.

"Um, I can't put my sweatshirt on, can you go get a nurse?" I yelled out.

"I'll help you, just unlock the door." He said, twisting the door knob.

"Um, I don't have a bra on." I wanted to slap myself, this was so embarrassing. If he doesn't already do enough. Sure, we kissed and slept in the same bed, but we weren't naked. 

"I don't care Ameila, just open the door." He muttered.

"Okay, fine." I said, lightly. I covered my chest with my sweatshirt and opened the door. He was standing there in his jeans, sweatshirt, and wet hair because he just came back from practice.

He started at me, and gulped. "Turn around and put your arms up." He ordered. I took a deep breathe and did as I was told. My breast were on display for him. They probably looked terrible. I had a scar under my one boob because of sergery and my breast were probably soggy because I had a kid and breastfed.

"You're beautiful Ameila, I know what you're thinking, stop." He said. I gave him my sweatshirt and put my arms up. He slid on my sweatshirt then kissed my cheek. I blushed and looked down at the floor, "Thank you." I said.

"All your stuff is in the car and your mom is at the house with Owen. She bought groccies, so were good on food and stocked all your medical products." He said.

Since Owen didn't have bad injursy he got an early realse last week. My mom has been taking care of him until Dane and I can go home.

"Okay, I'll be right out." I tell him.

"Do you need help with anything else?" He ask me. I shake my head, already embrassed asking for a lot of help.

"Okay, I'll wait out there, then we can get in the car." He informs me. I nod my head.

He shuts the door, so now I'm alone. I brush my greasy hair. I couldn't wait to wash it properly. Anytime the nurse helps me shower, we don't wash my hair. Again, I feel really gross.

Once I finish up in the bathroom, I go out to my room and put my shoes on. "You got it?" Dane asked. It hurt to bend down because of my ribs.

"Yes, I'm fine." I groan.

"Here, I'll help you." Dane bends down, putting my sneaker on.

"That's why I'm here, okay Ameila? You're allowed to ask for help." He said and I nodded my head.

~

I was nervous for Owen to see me. I only saw him last week when he was leaving, but I'm afraid. Once we pulled up to the house, Dane immeatily got out of the car and opened my side of the door.

"I could've gotten that." I said, lightly chuckling. My front door opened and a little boy came running out of the house in his pajam's.

"Mommy!" Owen screamed and ran into my arms. I groaned when he hit my ribs, but I didn't care. I missed him so much.

"I missed you so much mom." Owen said, laying his head on my shoulders.

"I know, I missed you too!" I kissed his cheeks.

"Why don't we go inside and make some food for your mom while she goes to shower?" Dane said, wrapping his arm around my waist and guiding me into the house.

"Baby, I missed you!" My mom ran up to me and gently hugged me.

"Me too mom." I hugged her back.

"Ms. Faith, Ameila needs a shower, do you mind watching Owen for a little longer and making soup while I help her?" Dane asks my mom.

"Oh that isn't necessary Dane, I can shower on my own." I said. He's seen everything now.

"Oh please Ameila, let someone help you for once," she covers Owen's ears before speaking again. "Plus, it's not like you won't see each other snakes soon."

"Mom!" I gasp. She's so extra sometimes.

I pinch the bridge of my nose before walking up stairs. Now Dane probably doesn't want to be here. When I get to my bedroom, I'm about to close my bedroom door, but then I see Dane at the door.

"Oh," I said.

"Do you need help?" He asks me. I properly did, but I didn't want him to see me naked. Christ, he's already seen my breast today.

"Um, I don't-" He cuts me off.

"Ameila, if you're worried about me seeing you naked, don't you okay? I won't look at you in that way when you're in this state. I'm not even going to think about it. It's for your own safety. If you are really uncomfortable, then I can ask your mom?" He told me.

I think about for a second. "No, it's fine. Just give me a second to get undressed." I said and walked into the bathroom.

Once I shut the door, I take a big breath and strip. At first it was hard, but I eventually got it. I grab a towel and cover myself. "Okay, I'm ready!" I shout. The door opens slowly, and Dane enters. I sit down on the toilet lid, letting him do what he needs to do.

"You want to take a bath or shower?" He asks. Since I'm a doctor, I know taking a shower is better.

"Shower, I can't "soak" in the water"." I said, air quoting soak.

Dane stands up from his knees and takes his shirt off. "What are you doing?" I ask, startled.

"Taking my shirt off, so I don't get it wet. I have to go later to get clothes from my apartment, so i don't have any here right now." He says, looking down at me.

"Okay," I say quietly.

I stand up, stripping my towel. Dane doesn't look at my body though. He respects me and helps me in the shower.

"Do you need help washing your body and hair? Or do you get it?" He asks, still not looking at me.

"Can you wash my hair, it hurts when I lift my arms?" I ask him.

"Sure," he replies and grabs my shampoo. While he's washing my hair, i try to wash my body, but can only do my stomach and up.

"Can you do my legs?" I ask softly and embarrassed when he's done my hair.

"Sure," he replied with a smile. He grabs my loaf from my hands and washes my legs, not looking anywhere between them.

"Thank you, Dane." I mumbled.

He dried me off and then wrapped a towel around my body. We went into my bedroom, and he helped me put on lotion and clothes. I just wore pajama pants and a t shirt. It's easier to take off and put back on. When I finished, I laid in bed and watched tv.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.3K 1.3K 78
Amelia Davis never thought she would be a divorce, and a single mom by the age of thirty. Like any girls, her dream was to get married have kids and...
29.4K 997 30
* CURRENTLY BEING EDITED * ALL EDITED CHAPTERS START WITH A NUMBER _________________________________ In our lifetimes we are given many options. Stup...
231K 1.5K 12
FIRST STORY IN THE DIFFERENT STORY SERIES (currently rewriting!) Heartbreaks, injuries, a bunch of doctors saving lives.. In this story you will hav...
263K 13.7K 51
For Samayra, being a successful veterinary doctor was enough. For her parents, It wasn't. They say, For those, who fail to find love, there's always...