The String of Hearts

By Prerna345

"Just leave me alone Vibha"Anand screamed , jerking her hands off his shoulder. "I know that I'm less import... More

Prologue
1) Pregnant?
2) Dr. Vennela meets Dr. Jay
3) The Conversation
4) Our Baby
5) Conflicts
6) Shattered Lives
7) Feelings?
8) Bitter Truth
9) Marriage
10) First Night-s
11) New Morning
12) Pregnancy Complications
13) Inner Turmoils
14) Forgiveness!
15) Coming Closer
16) Another Heartbreak!
17) Save Our Baby
18) New Hopes
19) Fallen Hopes
20) We are Over
21) Outbursts
22) Opening Up
23) New Home
24) Torn Apart
25) Vennela goes Missing
26) Jay's Birthday
27) Truths?
28) Shradha
29) Healing Wounds
30) The Fight
31) Verdict
32) Farewell Party
33) Being Together
34) First Kiss
35) Day Off
36) London Dreams
37) Betrayal
38) Forgive Me
39) Misunderstandings
40) Vennelas Journal
41) The Report
42) Another Chance?
43) Deep Wounds
44) Melting Her
45) Desires and Regrets
46) Realizations!
47) The Last Entry
49) Never Let Go
50) Closure(s)
51) Bury the Pain
52) Love and Agony
53) I Choose You
54) Final War
55) Best Day Ever
56) Home
57) The Nightmare
58) Healing Together
59) Love Beyond Moon

48) Divorce?

703 53 17
By Prerna345

Anands Point of View

*****

"Hello. My name is Anand reddy. I'm here to meet Dr. Naren Reddy. Can I talk to him please?"I asked to the receptionist.

"I'm sorry sir. Dr. Naren is in a meeting with his clients. Do you have an appointment?"she asked.

Seriously?

"No. When will he be free?"I asked.

"I don't know sir. You can wait for him if you want. I will let you know once he is done with his meetings"she said. I nodded.

"That'll be great. Thanks"I said and walked away.

I sat in front of a cabin, looking at the pale wall. My heart is thumping so fast. I could feel sweat under my feets and strange restlessness wrapping around me, chocking me with uneasiness.

I'm at my dad's clinic, waiting to see him. I never thought I'll be doing this. But here I'm. Two days after our accident I have been wanting to call mom and enquire about them. But I know a call won't fix everything that went wrong. I talked to vibha about this and she told me what the best that could be done.

Meeting my dad

I don't know how he is gonna react. He probably doesn't want to see my face ever again. But I don't care if he even tries to push me away. I cannot run away from him forever. In few days I'm going back to London and I don't want to regret thinking about this later. Because my parents are important to me, more than anything else in this world and no matter how much they ever hurt me, I will choose them.

Anna doesn't know that I'm here to meet dad. The accident had given him a wound in his head. He was unconscious for one full day which made vadina anxious. She stayed back and took care of him. I just hope they'll clear out every misunderstandings and start afresh.

A sigh left my mouth. I continued waiting for him outside. A little later I saw dad stepping outside a room. I stood up as soon as I saw him. So many emotions passed through me. I was happy seeing him. At the same time I was in pain, sorrow, guilt and anger. I didn't knew what exactly I should feel.

Then I saw someone else, stepping outside the cabin right after dad.

Ranjith Shetty.

What the hell is he doing here?

Ranjith is one of the topmost oncologist who owns a hospital by himself. Anna had mentioned him quite few times. He's cunning, selfish and hungry for money. His hospital works only for people rich enough to afford treatments. His name has also been gone into the media for illegal organ transplantation. What is dad doing with him?

They were engrossed in a conversation. Later they shook hands and hugged each other. I drew a breath as I saw dad and ranjith walking towards me. Dad's eyes fell on me, he paused for a second seeing me. There was a sudden shock in his face which quickly faded. He then walked past me along with ranjith, as if I don't exist. I shut my eyes tight, forcing myself to remain calm.

"I'll call you Naren. Im really looking forward to do this"Ranjith said as he reached the entrance. Dad nodded at him with a smile. They shook each other's hands. Ranjith walked outside the clinic and soon left in his car.

I continued standing there watching dad. The receptionist approached him.

"Sir, Dr. Anand reddy is here to see you"she said.

Dad turned towards me and looked at me blankly without any expression.

"Tell him that he doesn't deserve my time. I have many other important works to do"he said and walked past me again.

"Dad"I called him from behind. He stopped and looked at me.

"You have lost your right to call me that"he said calmly.

"Dad please. I want to talk to you. It's urgent. Please hear me out"I said.

"Why should I hear you out? I already told you. I don't want to see your face ever again. Get the hell out of my clinic. I broke the relationship with you long back"he said. I felt a sudden pain in my chest hearing him.

"I know that you hate me. But if Anna had been in my position, you would hear him out right? This is about your life. Not only yours, moms too. If you want to risk everything by not hearing me out then I'm not leaving. I care about you even if you don't give a damn about me"I said.

He looked at me for few seconds and walked inside his cabin. I walked in behind him.

"What do you want?"he asked once we were inside.

"Before I say, I want to ask you about Ranjith Shetty. What was he doing here?"I asked.

"That's none of your buisness"he said coldly.

"Dad- do you even know who that man is? He's a doctor for namesake. Because of him so many innocent people had lost their lives. You have seen him in media right?"I said.

"Well- my name had gone into the media for something which I had not done too. Ranjith is innocent. The cops were trying to pull down his identity by blaming him about something which he had no idea of. I trust him more than I trust you and your brother. So I gave him half of the property for the hospital project. He is gonna be my partner"he said leaving me shocked.

"Dad what the hell is wrong with you? You've given him our property?"

"My property. Which I've gotten back from your brother's ex-girlfriends dad. I'm not going to do a mistake my trusting the wrong people again"he said.

"Oh my god you have lost it. Ranjith is gonna destroy everything. He just wants your property. Please wake up before it's too late. You are trusting the wrong person dad"I said.

"Enough"he shouted.

'Dad-"

"You don't have to preach me about anything. I know what is right and what is wrong. You don't even have any right to stand in front of me and yell. You've disgraced our family. I just want you out from here"he said.

"Why do you f*cking hate me so much? I've been hearing this from childhood. That I let you down and disgraced you. Was I a bad son? I cared about you and everyone in my family. You always found a way to pull me down whenever I try to clear things out between us"I said.

"I don't have time for this. Just say whatever you wanted to say and leave"he said.

I clenched my fists to maintain my composure.

"Anna and I met with an accident two days back"I said. There was sudden change of expression in his face, as if he was startled and scared.

"Where's is Jay? Is he okay?"he asked.

"He has a wound in his head. But he's okay and he's taking rest"I said. He sighed looking at the floor. I smiled sadly realising that he only enquired about Anna and didn't bother to ask me if I was okay even though he noticed the dressed up wounds in my body.

"Then why are you here?"he asked.

"The accident seems to be intentional. I just- wanted you and mom to be careful. We all do"I said.

"I know how to take care of my myself and my wife. So you just came by to warn us? Whatever it is, we're going through this only because of you"he said.

I took a step back, defeated. I was wrong. I could never change him.

"Please be careful and call me if you want anything. I can't loose you and mom. You are still my father and I'm still your son. Even if you have never considered me as one. Take care dad. Bye"I said and walked outside the cabin before he could say anything.

As I walked oustide, tears brimmed in my eyes. My heart felt so heavy and I could barely breath.

Did I deserve this?

Vennelas Point of View

*****

I was standing in the balcony of our room, eyeing the passing clouds. There was a moment of peace in my mind which I wasn't ready to let go. I could see the small river which was right behind our house. I remember staring at it when Jay and I first moved in. Since then, so much has changed.

I recall the last two days. Jay had got a serious head wound and he was unconscious for one full day which made me tensed. I suggested Anand to shift Jay to the hospital but he assured me that he'll be fine which he was.

But I keep thinking about the moment I thought I lost Jay forever. Something shook me hard and I don't know what was it.

My phone rang startling me. I grabbed it from the table. It was ayan. I hesitated to take the call but I also knew I can't avoid him forever.

"Hello?"I said as I took the call.

"Hello Vennela. I haven't heard from you in three days. Is everything okay?"Ayan asked, making me sigh.

"Yes. It's just- I couldn't make it. Jay met with a small accident so I had to be here with him"I said.

"Is he okay?"he asked.

"Yeah he's fine. Just some minor injuries"I said.

"See vennela, it's better that we start off your treatment soon. If you keep dodging like this, you are risking your life. You are a doctor and you know it very well than me. I have contacted the hospital in Chennai. My mentors are waiting for you there. Please try to understand the seriousness of the situation"he said. I closed my eyes and a drop of tear rolled down them.

"Ayan, more than anyone else I want this happen. I want to get better and come back to life. But- I can't leave Jay alone here. I'm sorry. I'll call you once he's okay. Till then, I have to be here with him"I said.

"I know what you're going through vennela. But by staying back, you are killing yourself. I'm trying my best to bring you back to life. Take your time and think about this. But by pushing this off, you are doing a big mistake. I care about you as a friend so I don't want this to happen"he said.

"I'm sorry. I'll come back as soon as i can"I said. He briefed me about my last test reports and I calmly listened to him. Then he hung up, asking me to take a decision as soon as possible.

I came outside the balcony. My eyes fell on Jay, who was struggling to put on his shirt with his injured arm. He had just stepped outside the washroom after his shower. I rushed to help him. He paused and looked at me as I held his hands, stopping him.

"Don't strain it. Let me help you"I said. He nodded without saying anything.

I removed the shirt from his shoulder.

"See, you were trying to put it on from the wrong side"I said.

"Well someone's gonna give me some credit for putting on pants by my own"he smiled.

"Are you sure that it's not on the wrong side too?"I smiled back and and turned the shirt over.

"Yeah. Just didn't wanted to call Anand to help me with my pants again. He says that it's his turn to take care of me as I always changed his clothes when he was a baby"he said. I chuckled.

"Where's he by the way?"he asked.

"Don't know. Vibha said he had some work so he left"I said.

"Alone?"

"Yeah"

"I have to call him"he said and tried to get his phone but I stopped him.

"He will be fine Jay. He didn't wanted to make you tensed. Atleast he will be careful unlike you"I said. He frowned looking at me. I went behind and made him wear the shirt from his back.

"Madam I told you a thousand times. It wasn't my fault. I was driving carefully"he said. I came to the front and started buttoning him up.

"Don't start now"I said. He smiled and looked at me as I buttoned him up, one by one. I could feel how close we were standing. My heart started pounding as his breath fell on my face. I looked right down at his chest, as I buttoned him up. I could feel his stare on me. But I pretended that I didn't.

"Done"I said.

He looked down and smiled.

"Thanks"he said making me nod.

He winced touching his forehead and I saw the dressing being loosened up.

"Come, I'll clean it up"I made him sit in the bed and went to get the first aid.

"Is it weird that everyone in our family are doctors and also patients at some point of time?"he asked as I removed the dressing from his head.

"I keep thinking about that"I said as I pressed the cotton with medicine into his forehead. He winced and held my left hand. I blew air into his wound and he sighed closing his eyes.

"You were supposed to leave for your treatment. I was rushing to come see you, for one last time. I didn't knew if you wanted to see me"he said.

"So you rushed. There's nothing intentional about that accident"I said dressing up his wound.

"No there was. Anand was with me. I wouldn't do anything that would risk him. What I meant is, I just wanted to see you and talk to you. I felt like total shit when I left you alone without even bidding a proper goodbye. I ignored everything and let myself drown in pain. The two days I spent without you felt like a lifetime. I was so scared of letting you go. I wanted to call you and talk to you. But I didn't knew what to say. So I just.....left"he said. I listened to him silently

"When I met with the accident. The moment before I fell unconscious, I was thinking about you. I didn't knew if I would see you ever again in my life vennela"he said. I drew a breath listening to him. I forced myself not to let him affect me.

"You are fine now Jay"I said.

"Yeah may be. Thank you for being here with me"he entwined our fingers. I left his hand and got up to wrap the bandage over his head.

"I'm sorry for making you tensed"he said.

"I wasn't tensed"I lied.

He chuckled and looked up at me.

"Yeah you weren't. You didnt leave by my side for a second and you were awake the whole night taking care of me"he said making me frown. I finished dressing him up.

"You might have had hallucinations Jay. Anand took care of you. Not me"I lied again.

"Right. Then i might have had a hallucination about Anand kissing me?"he asked making me gasp.

No way.

"I-I didn't kiss you"I stammered.

"I didn't say that you did"he said. I wet my lips and looked down at him. He was holding my left hand while I held his shoulders. We both are looking at each other, not attempting to break the eyelock.

"Bava....."vibhas voice took me back to sense. I stepped away from Jay and turned towards the door. I saw vibha walking inside.

"Bava, someone is here to see you"vibha said looking at Jay, who got up.

"Who is it?"Jay asked

"He told me that his name is Arman Shaan"she said. I looked at Jay and suddenly his expressions turned into a serious one. He turned towards me and I raised my brows at him.

"Come downstairs after few minutes"he said.

"What's going on?"I asked.

"Just come vennela"he said and walked away. I sat on the bed, recalling the moments we just had. Vibha walked inside the room and sat next to me.

"So?"she asked after few seconds of silence

"So....?"

"Did you think about what I said?"she asked. I sighed and nodded.

"What is it akka?"she asked.

"I don't know vibha. I'm so clueless. Whenever I try to run away from Jay, there is always a part of me pushing myself towards him. I don't know what to do. How to get past this. Nothing"I said.

"I'm gonna ask you something. Answer me honestly"she said.

"I know what you're gonna ask"I said.

"So you love bava but you don't want to be with him. That's what you want right?"she asked.

"I want to be with him. I hated him so much for hurting me and breaking my trust. But- two days ago when Anand called saying that Jay had met with an accident, I lost all my senses. Nothing mattered to me. I just wanted to see him and make sure that he's okay"I said.

"You felt that now. All you felt was relief when you found that he's going to be okay. You were scared of loosing him. Then imagine, how much pain bava had to go through. He is hurting because he broke your trust. He believes that you're never gonna forgive him. He loves you knowing that you don't want to be with him. He is watching you giving up on yourself. He's in scare of loosing you. And he had been going through that for months. Imagine what all he went through. You had me and Amma to run into and share your sorrows. And bava? He had no one akka. No one. He didn't even let Anand know about this just because you both didn't wanted us to know that you had problems. He was holding up everything inside. If you are gonna punish bava for something he had done out of pure misunderstanding, you should blame yourself too because he's not giving up unlike you"vibha said.

Tears streamed down my eyes hearing her. I felt like she had joined the pieces of my heart back together. The struggle I went through inside suddenly felt so insignificant.

"I know what you are going through because few days ago I had been in your place. And it's painful. So painful that I couldn't breath. Give him one chance akka. One last chance. Let him be with you. Atleast throughout this treatment because you are gonna need him more than anything else in this world"she said.

I wiped my tears and took a deep breath. Then I turned towards vibha.

"I never knew when my little sister grew up to be this strong"I said. Vibha smiled and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

"So you're gonna talk to bava?"she asked excitedly.

"I guess so"I smiled.

After few minutes I decided to go downstairs. I saw Jay sitting along with a man in the living room. They seemed to be engrossed in a serious conversation. Jay looked at me as soon as I came down. I looked at the guy who smiled looking at me so I smiled back politely.

"Arman. This is my wife vennela"jay introduced me to him.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Reddy. Can you please take a seat so that I can talk you?"he asked.

I looked at Jay who just nodded his head. I wanted to ask him what was going on but I remained mum. I sat besides Jay, while Arman was sitting opposite to us.

"I had discussed everything with Mr. Jay. If you both are okay we will finalise a court date for the hearing"he said.

I looked at Jay in confusion. Then I see few files which was on the table and I also see armans black coat.

He is a lawyer.

He is talking about our divorce.

Breath vennela. Breath.

"The divorce papers are ready and once you sign it, we will take this forward and handle further proceedings"he said. I drew a deep breath and clenched my fists to remain calm. Jay looked at me, wanting me to say something.

So this was it? He was planning a divorce and didn't even let me know about it. Instead he just dropped it into my head like a bomb.

"Yeah- sure. I will let you know once we sign it"jay said. Arman nodded and handed over a file to Jay.

"I will leave now Mr. Jay. Call me if you have any doubts incase"arman got up to leave.

"Sure. Thank you arman"jay said and they shook their hands. I forced myself to smile as he joined his palms looking at me, and walked outside the living room.

Jay looked at me once he was gone.

"I'm- Sorry. I should have told you earlier"he said.

"No. You did the right thing"I tried to walk back upstairs but he stopped me.

"Vennu, I'm really sorry. This is not how I wanted things to happen"

"Yes right Jay. First, you consult a lawyer without even letting me know. Then you invite him in and instead of telling me beforehand you just drop it just like that? How I'm I supposed to react?"I asked.

"I consulted the lawyer right after the day you mentioned about getting divorced. I didn't knew what to do vennu. I was in split minds. I wanted you to be happy"he said.

"Happy?"I chuckled sarcastically.

"Vennela"

"Please let it be Jay. May be I'm the one overreacting. I asked you for it. I was right. You don't deserve anymore chances"I said.

"Just hear me out for once vennu. I know what you are doing. You're staying back here with me when you're supposed to leave for your treatment. Why?"he asked. I looked away from him.

"I don't want to carry anymore regrets. You've done a lot for me. I don't want to do this to you again"he said. I closed my eyes tight and gulped hard from my throat.

"You've made your decision to go through this without me. And I'm okay with it. I just want you back happier and healthier. You don't have to sacrifice anything for my sake. I'm doing fine. It was just an accident and I survived if that was the reason you didn't go leaving me"he continued.

"You wanted it. So im giving it. It's your decision vennela. If you want to leave, I'm gonna let you go. I'm not gonna stop you. But- I just want you to know that I love-"

"Stop"I yelled. He looked at me with tears.

"Just stop it jay. You don't know what hell I'm going through right now. If you want to know then listen, I didn't go because I couldn't. I couldn't just leave you because I freaking cared. I stayed back only because of your accident else I would have gone. You are right. I still care about you. I got scared thinking that I'll loose you. I was terrified at the thought of not having you in my life. I wanted to give this a chance. One more chance. But you broke me everytime Jay. Every f*cking time. I only did one mistake. I loved you. I loved you more than I loved anyone else in this world that even after everything you've done, I just wanted to run back into your arms. So If a divorce is gonna make everything right in my life, I'm gonna do it. If thats gonna end this pain and suffering I'm going through only because I loved you, I'm gonna do it. Give that paper to me right now"I yelled at the top of my voice.

"Vennela-"he tried to calm me down.

"I said give it to me"

He sighed and gave the papers to me. I wiped my face and sat back on the couch. I took a pen from the stand and signed the papers with a shivering hand.

"Here, ive signed it on my part. You go"I said.

"Vennela I can't do this"he said, chocking.

"Do it Jay"I said stubbornly.

"Don't do this to us vennela"he said.

"You do it now else I'm leaving this house this very second. ALONE"I stressed.

He bit his lips, taking the papers from me with shivering hands. I handed him over the pen. He looked at me one last time and then signed the papers.

I looked at him blankly. We are divorced now. Jay is no longer my husband. I felt hard to breath. Everything became a blur for me. I stumbled on my foot but I quickly balanced myself. I closed my eyes and let the reality sunk in.

We are divorced.

*****

Precap : "His words killed me. He just tried to rip me away and I stood there, taking it all inside"

Hey people 🫶

How are you guys doing? Hope you liked the chapter. Do leave your views if you loved it.

So what do you think of Jay and vennelas fate? Anybody badly wanted to kick anands father? Well I wanted to 🥲

Also its exam season for me and I don't know why I always get an urge to write whenever I sit down to study 🤣 So here we are. Stay tuned for next update.

Thank U ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

540K 21.3K 74
She was rose in the garden filled with thorns๐Ÿฅ€ He was the thorn that would destroy her๐Ÿ”ฑ Ansh & Anaya were tied in an arranged marriage. By their p...
Love Together By Radhi_

General Fiction

842K 46.8K 35
๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ค๐™  1 ๐™ค๐™› #๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™œ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™จ เฟ™*เฟšเฟ™*เฟšเฟ™*เฟšเฟ™*เฟšเฟ™*เฟšเฟ™*เฟšเฟ™*เฟšเฟ™*เฟšเฟ™*เฟš "๐€๐š๐ฒ๐š๐ง๐ฌ๐ก ๐’๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ" is the youngest son of the Rajput...
576K 35K 43
Completed โœ… #1 in break up on 14/11/21 Vihaan Roy "Everything in life should be planned so you do the right thing at the right time and right place...
302K 13.4K 45
||PART 1- REGAL DUOLOGY|| Aradhya, the firstborn of the king of Shiladhika...her life wasn't very pretty. Dispised for being a concubine's daughter...