TBATE: Mirage

By jdinjz1

I was chosen to be great. I was chosen to rise up in this world. For I was the child of prophecy. But I wasn'... More

Woven
Figure
Potent
Illustrious
Awaken
Visit
Finally
Unseen
Arrival
Amazed
Commence
Reminisce
Notice
Dove
Test
Activate
Change
Recent
Plan
Deliver
Follower
Perfection
Optimal
Soothe
Forget
Issue
Deepen
Leave
Onwards
Deck
Together
Sorrow
Glad
Proven
Bond
Lesson
Fortify
Value
Pleasure
Lend
Uncover
Rise
Fold
Gone
New
Surprise
Woeful
Consider

Regulate

247 13 1
By jdinjz1

(LIAM'S POV)
We had arrived. The last dungeon that I would ever be going in for a while. It would be the most intense dungeon yet. It wasn't some low-level dungeon that I could just waltz in and do whatever I wanted to do whenever.

It was the highest-level dungeon that I would be facing. Actually, it was the highest-level dungeon that The Kingdom of Spain had to offer. It was said that if someone had entered this dungeon, they would never come out of it. It was basically suicide to enter the dungeon. Only stupid people would try.

I guess I was one of those stupid people who would try. Not only was I going to try, but I was also going to clear this whole damn thing. I would prove to every adventurer here that clearing this dungeon was possible no matter how impossible people deemed it to be.

There were a decent amount of people here. I'd assume that they were the best of the best if they wanted to go to this dungeon. Let's see how impressive these people really are.

"Hey, come over here!" They waved us over to join their party. As we went off our horses I got a better look at everyone here.

"If it isn't the rumoured deadly father and son duo! It's an honour to meet the both of you." A man who towered over me with great confidence in himself looked quite strong to add to it. He hesitated before shaking my hand.

"You have quite the strong lad here." He nervously chuckled looking over at my father. My father simply just smiled looking over at me and mouthing the words rich.

"Well, my name is Brun Staffon I'm an AA-Class Agumenter. Earth-Attribute, Solid Yellow Core." He leaned on his large hammer as he continued to speak pointing at the other people.

"That's Jean Wolf an AA-Class Agumenter. Wind-Attribute, Solid Yellow Core as well. He'll be the one we depend on the get out butts saved if we're even in danger." He too looked strong and pretty dependable though his voice didn't match his face.

Jean gave us a faint smile waving at us. He seemed to be more of the quiet type.

Brun pointed in another direction. "Over there that's Emma Shou an AA-Class Agumenter. Water-Attribute, Dark Yellow Core."

She too also gave us a wave.

"My name is Reggies Fanes." He placed his hand on his chest. "I'm an AA-Class Conjurer. Wind-Attribute, Light Yellow Core." He had a charming demeanour to himself that showed elegance.

I nodded at him.

"My name is Jene Flurstone an AA-Class Conjurer as well. Fire Attribute, Dark Yellow Core." She seemed to be the pretty quiet type who didn't want to talk to someone unless they had to.

Wow, they were quite a stack of AA-Class adventurers here on this quest.

"What are your names even though we already know who you are? It still is nice for you to introduce yourself." Brun suggested as everyone was looking at us ready for us to speak.

Father was the first to speak up. "My name is Gabriel." Father paused for a moment.

"Just Gabriel?" Jene asked curiously.

Father smiled. "Just Gabriel. I'm an AA-Class Agumenter. Fire Attribute, Silver Mid Stage Core."

One by one everyone at the party had their jaw wide open after hearing that from my Father.

"Amazing. . ." Reggie said in absolute awe. Dad's ego was probably going to have a big ego from all of this praise from others. Now all their eyes darted towards me. I guess it was my turn to introduce myself to them.  I wouldn't be saying everything to them, only the things that they needed to hear.

"My name is Liam just Liam as well. . .  I'm an AA-Class Agumenter. Fire Attribute, Light Yellow Core."

"Light Yellow Core at your age? That's amazing!" Brun patted me a bit too hard on the back I'd say. Brun looked over at my father.

"Gabriel, would you like to be the leader of this party?"

Everyone here was also inclined to ask my father to be the leader obviously due to the level of his core compared to everyone else.

He paused for a moment thinking for a bit but as soon as he turned over to me I knew what was going through his mind.

"I would like to pass on that role to Liam over here."

I sighed accepting my fate as they were all in favour of me.

As the others had entered the dungeon I was still outside as I was mentally preparing myself to be their leader. It was a good thing I had been a leader before but not like this. It'll be a good experience I suppose.

I felt my shoulder being tapped as I turned around to see two people around my age. A boy who I'd say was a pretty decent-looking guy who would charm any woman around him. He had a middle part that reached his eyes, speaking of eyes they were that of yellow to me luxury. The girl on the other hand had long dark hair that glowed ever so perfectly. Her eyes fluttered like someone of a goddess. Surely she wasn't my age.

"My name is Chris Farlon. I'm a B-Class Augmenter, Water Attribute, Orange Light Core."

The girl oddly enough stuck out her tongue at me for some reason, I had no idea why. "My name is Luna Nacrose. I'm a B-Class Conjurer Wind Attribute, Orange Light Core."

B-Class? Orange Light Core? Why would they even want to join this party? Surely they must have known that it was dangerous to be in this dungeon specifically. They could not be at this party but I kept that to myself and didn't want to be too rude to people I had just met.

Just as I was going in to shake their hands, they interestingly enough bowed at me respectfully instead.

"There's no one-"

"In our culture, we bow to anyone who seems fit to be respected so please let us bow to you."

I felt out of place so I decided to bow back to them.
The girl immediately shook her hands at me. "You don't have to bow at us!" She said with a gentle smile. Though her tone was that of a girl of attitude she did have a nice and kind voice to her.

"I guess we should head on." I pointed over at the dungeon as they nodded their heads at me.

(TIMESKIP)
We were nearing the first level of the dungeon. I had no idea what Mana Beast but hopefully the first level wouldn't go too hard on our party. I took out my necklace from under my shirt was on my neck and looked at it once more. I smiled at the thought of Alea wearing the same necklace as I was. I would see her again soon enough.

I fully expected these AA-Class people to be on guard for something like this but they weren't at all. They seemed confident but I had learnt my lesson to never stay comfortable until the job is done.

As we entered the first level, there were no Mana beasts to be seen. Before the others could go any further I blocked them with my arm.

"That's strange why are there no Mana Beasts here?" Brun asked looking over me.

"They are," I said simply as I pointed up.

Batrunners we hadn't done anything to wake them up yet. But one single rock that dropped to the ground was all they needed to wake up and see us ready to strike their fangs at us.

"Brace for impact!" I waved my hand. "Ready for impact." I roared.

The Batrunners came down on us like speeding bullets. They were a lot stronger and quicker than normal ones as expected from the most feared dungeon. I was able to easily slice these Batrunners if needed but I didn't want to waste all my efforts on them as we would need our stamina and Mana for the next levels.

Brun was extremely good with his hammer killing countless Batrunners with just one swing. It was impressive, to say the least.

In no time we had cleared the floor with little to no harm inflicted on our bodies it was good to know. Chris and Luan were surprisingly doing well for being only B-Class adventurers they did a good feeling up with the rest of us. If I didn't know any better I would think they'd be the same rank as me as well.

"That first floor was a breeze!" Brun said boasting to himself as he stretched his hand out.

"Don't be too cocky Brun you have no idea what'll be on the second floor, it'll be a lot more dangerous than the first one," I said.

"Liam is right you know we can't be that confident," Reggie said walking beside me.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. We have the strongest party here with your father here there's no way we'll be in trouble." He snickered to himself.

I already knew that Brun would be a liability now. He was too cocky for his own good. Sure he may be good, but being cock would defiantly be his downfall.

The second floor was now in our view. I noticed it was exactly like the first floor empty. But there must have been some kind of twist that was bound to happen. But as we stepped onto the second floor everything seemed a bit too easy. Everything was too quiet for my liking.

WHOOSH!

An arrow had been speeding towards Jene's neck but I was fast enough to slice the arrow in half.

"T-Thank you," Jene said touching her neck.

I inspected the tip of the arrow. It was poison. It wasn't the type of poison that once you get hit your body would gradually get weaker. It was a one-hit thing. Once you got hit you would definitely die from it. Not something you want to get hit by.

WHOOSH!

WHOOSH!

WHOOSH!

At that very moment, countless had of arrows had been let off. It was a trap. This whole floor was a trap.

"Everyone don't let these arrows hit you once!" I roared deflecting all these arrows away from me. The arrows kept on coming and coming they were not the end of these attacks.

The more we moved closer to the exit of the 2nd floor, the more arrows were being shot at in every single direction. At any moment, we could be hit by an arrow as they were all coming from different angles. We would have to rely on one another to help prevent these arrows from hitting us.

I knew that if we were deflecting these arrows individually we would struggle and these arrows would eventually get us.

"Everyone form a circle!" I roared the orders at them. "We'll be able to slice down these arrows from all angles and directions like this."

They obediently listened and significant progress had already been made for our survival. It was a lot easier to protect one another from the arrows.

However, we were all walking slowly due to us being in a circle formation but as we neared ever so closely to the 2nd floor Jean broke out of the circle running to exit the 2nd floor.

"No!" I shouted reaching out to him with my hand that had nothing possessed on me but it was already too late. His selfishness and greed to exit the second level had punished him back. An arrow right to his back slumping onto the ground for good.

The other's faces darkened expect that of mine, Father, Chris and Luna. I had seen too many deaths to care for a person who had died at his own hands. If he had stayed in the group he would have survived as we exited the level. All I could do was stare at his lifeless body. It was time. . .

Regulate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.8K 2.5K 37
What if Arthur didn't listen to Sylvia's final warning and lived solely to avenge her? What if there was a young elf princess who knew he was a good...
34.3K 1.7K 36
" Welcome to Alacrya, King Grey. " Those words are the first thing that welcomed me after waking up from the darkness that embraced me for what feels...
51.5K 1.4K 56
Preston Lang was society's monster. From birth, he was called a Demon Child merely for killing his mother at birth. His father was no better, for lea...
14.3K 957 24
What if Sylvie was already hatched by the time Arthur fell off the cliff? Making them childhood friends and bonds before Arthur could meet Tessia. Wh...