TBATE: Mirage

By jdinjz1

I was chosen to be great. I was chosen to rise up in this world. For I was the child of prophecy. But I wasn'... More

Woven
Figure
Potent
Illustrious
Awaken
Visit
Finally
Unseen
Arrival
Amazed
Commence
Reminisce
Notice
Dove
Test
Activate
Change
Recent
Plan
Deliver
Follower
Perfection
Optimal
Soothe
Forget
Issue
Deepen
Leave
Onwards
Together
Regulate
Sorrow
Glad
Proven
Bond
Lesson
Fortify
Value
Pleasure
Lend
Uncover
Rise
Fold
Gone
New
Surprise
Woeful
Consider
Raise

Deck

244 12 1
By jdinjz1

(GABRIEL'S POV)
"You got your ass handed to you." I snickered giving a tissue to Kaspian for his burnt chin that was seeping out blood. Kaspian let out a faint sigh looking at me.

"Your kid isn't some normal kid." He muttered looking at the table. "Is there any point in me giving you a mock duel against you since your kid did defeat me?" He said jokingly trying to make himself feel better about losing.

It was to be expected that Liam would win against Kaspian. Sure Kaspian was experienced in battling all sorts of different Mana beasts, but he wasn't experienced in fighting other people too much. Liam was.

After all, Liam had been sent on missions by me to fight against Bandits giving him battle experiences and survival experiences that he would need but not hopefully use in war. Not only that he was good with teamwork having to work with Alea and Aya. He had a good battle IQ he was an all-rounder of a person. I'd say, he would be a perfect soldier better than a general.

"No, I wouldn't say so if you want to get humiliated." I placed my hand on his shoulder smirking at him.

He gave me a quick glance looking at Liam's details. "You know Gabriel there is a ban on elves and dwarves becoming licensed adventures under Spain law." He eyed me but reluctantly sighed. "But since I do owe you one from long ago. . . I'll accept it."

I patted him on the shoulder smiling at him. "I knew I could count on you."

He closed his book filled with details of everyone wanting to become an adventurer as he approached me.

"He'll find you, you know"

I was already aware of what Kaspian was talking about. He was talking about my older brother Blaine.

"That's why I have you to help me."

Kaspian sighed looking at me with more of a serious look on his face this time. "Look, Gabriel, I can only stall for so long. Blaine checks the registered adventures every once and a while and once he sees your first name he might get suspicious."

"And when that happens I'll deal with it." My voice was louder than before which made Kaspsian even startled me. I shook my head calming myself down.

"I'll do my best Gabriel you know this, I'll always help," Kaspian said in earnest.

Ever since young Kaspian was a great friend. A loyal friend at that. We would always enjoy each other's company and laugh in delight at what was to come. So I knew I could trust him to do his best to protect my identity for a little while longer.

The last person I wanted to see was Blaine. I had bigger priorities like spending time with Liam on his journey to becoming an adventurer that would not change.

"Good man." I nodded at him.

"Before I forget anything wait there for a moment." He went to his cupboard to dig up something for a couple of minutes. He had grabbed a card and handed it over to me.

"Congratulations on becoming an AA class adventurer. I hope you have a good time." We shook hands. A moment of respect from one another reunited with an old friend of mine.

He then gestured me out of his room leaving me with his goodbyes.

(LIAM'S POV)
"Thank you for waiting. I've been informed about the results of your mock duel, Mr Liam. I've heard you left quite the impression on Kaspian" The woman had placed a nice golden-looking card on the table.

"Left an impression on Kaspian's chin more like." Father cracked up at his own joke nudging me by the arm. I muffled my laughter. I couldn't believe that I was laughing at a stupid joke made by Dad but it was pretty funny. Perhaps me and my Dad had the same humour as one. Mother would not like to hear that from me.

"On behalf of the Adventurer's guild across The Kingdom of Spain, allow me to congratulate and welcome you." The woman smiled happily as I took the card inspecting it for myself.

I was finally an adventurer. About time, I smiled to myself.

I would finally be able to test my skills even more against different types of Mana beasts rather than people. It would give me more battle experience than ever before. It would also make me a true mage, to say the least. I was excited to go on my first expedition into the dungeons.

I walked beside my Father who seemed to be as happy as I was right now. He noticed that I was looking at him as he dug out his own card as well, smiling at me happily.

We were both adventurers now and we would do this together as a father and son partnership.

"So where do we go now?" I asked him.

Father scratched the back of his chuckling nervously to him. "I'm not quite sure. . . But we'll manage."

(TIMESKIP)
Managed we did. It took us a couple of hours to find where we wanted to go. I asked the Father if he knew where he was going and his reply would always be the same. Yes.

But in reality, he had as many clues as I did. Which was no idea. But we eventually got to where we wanted.

"Travelling to the Beast Glades requires a license or a permit." The guards said blocking the entrance. We showed them our permit which they scanned for a quick second accepting us.

We entered the Beast Glades and to my surprise, it was everything that I imagined about what it would look like.

"Amazing. . ." Father slipped out. Amazing it was. There were countless adventures here as well in this area perhaps training and doing a quest. I assumed that this place had been already explored a lot by these adventures. After all, we did arrive at what seemed to be like an outpost at the base of the grand mountains.

Those mountains towering over us like giants. Rae had jumped onto my head pouncing one of the little animals here chasing it. It was probably a way of her being able to get stronger that is. I would let her have fun for now as I went exploring even more with my Father.

Father placed his arm around my shoulder looking up at the sky. "It's getting late Liam, I reckon we should go make a campfire, but a bit further away from here."

I simply nodded my head agreeing to his suggestion.

(TIMESKIP)
We had set up a campfire not too far from where we were originally but far enough that we wouldn't see as many adventurers near us.

Mother had made countless pre-made meals for us for our journey as adventurers. It was nice that my mother was still looking out for me even if she wasn't here at the moment with me. But I knew she would always be there for me in my heart.

The food that we had cooked at the fire wasn't too bad, to say the least. Father knew that he wasn't the best cook compared to Mum, she was definitely on another level when it came to cooking food.

I can even still smell the food from here. But I was used to eating like this. I had been in the Forest of Elshire so many times that I wouldn't be able to count on my fingers. I had made my own food and it was a lot worse than what we have now so I was grateful for that.

"Rae's not back yet huh?" Father said eating a piece of meat off his stick.

"He's busy out there eating the wildlife. He's been giving me mental notes. He'll be fine."

Rae just like me had always been stuck in one place for his whole entire life. He had eaten the meat that the chefs would make for him. It was good for him to explore this place by himself and hunt for his own food. I had full faith and trust in Him.

Father stood up from the ground dusting his leather coat, as he took it off. "Say, Liam, would you like to spar?" He said with a grin.

I was a bit surprised that he wanted to spar. "Isn't it a bit too dark for it?"

"Nonsense! It's never too dark to spar! So are you ready to spar kiddo?"

I grinned from ear to ear pulling out my sword in hand. "Don't hold back on my old man. .  . I'm going to get a victory this time."

"I like to see you try!" He chuckled.

WHOOSH!

We had left our starting position in a split second clashing our swords with one another.

It appeared that we both had the same thought of not giving the other a chance to attack. I couldn't help but smile at my father as he did the same for me.

"Not bad. . . Not bad at all Liam. Seems like we had the same thought process." Father chuckled putting more force onto his sword as he had begun to push me down with my own sword. I knew at my level I was definitely not stronger than my father and I would lose 9 out of 10 times when it came to clashes with my father.

So I knew what was the right choice and unexpected choice but it would be an interesting one at that.

I dropped my sword to the ground quickly evading his attack as he dropped to the ground. While he was recovering from that fall of his I knew this would be a perfect time to land a kick on his back.

But it wouldn't be that simple. Though his body was facing back at me, he did not seem worried one bit, because he wasn't.

WHOOSH!

Damn it!

He had caught my flying kick in mid-air. He was gripping it so tightly that I could even move in the air. My body was at his mercy as I was seeing everything upside down.

"That wasn't bad Liam, making me fall down it all my monumental like that. . . But your forgetting one thing don't get too cocky." Father said seriously gripping my leg even more tightly.

What was the worst thing about all of this was that he was right. I shouldn't have underestimated my father. After all, he was a silver mage he had seen all sorts of things. He had all sorts of fighting experience. Even if in my last life I was a prince who could take down countless people, he was more experienced in this world compared to me.

"I concede." I raised my hand. Father smiled dropping me to the ground softly.

I was a bit disappointed that I had yet again lost to him once more. But I knew one of these days I would eventually beat him. He could also see it on my face as well and he knelt down to place his hand on my shoulder with a reassuring look.

"Don't worry kiddo. In a couple of years, you might just give me a run from my money." He stood up looking at the sky. "But from here on out, we're going to be adventurers just the two of us. It's just going to be the two of us for a while. Can I count on you to have my back kiddo?" He asked sincerely looking over at me.

"Of course. You can count on me, Dad." I smiled at him, as he ruffled my hair.

I was excited about what the upcoming future had in store for both of us. What kind of Mana beast would be up against? I just couldn't wait to start already. But I knew I would have to be patient because tomorrow would be the start of a new and fresh day.

I was ready to be on. . .

Deck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 6.7K 72
The war is lost, and resistance crushed, the hero captured, but is all hope lost? As the Asura prepare for open war against the Virita Arthur prepare...
285K 11.1K 135
Just another what if fanfic of TBATE (the beginning after the end) originally written by TurtleMe. In this fanfic, there is no Grey, he was not rein...
6.3K 363 121
I will always be with you At least that was what he told me. From simple to cruelty, I always thought he would never leave me. He told me...many, ma...
116K 3.5K 38
It's been over two years since Summer Break, since Arthur's friends saw him leave to be trained by the Asura. With an Alacryan fleet approaching to i...