The Grumpy Sunshine Series

By anonymityisfunwriter

Sunshine!Reader x Grumpy!Bucky Barnes A Collection of Grumpy x Sunshine Moments Ft. You and Bucky Barnes Just... More

Birthday
Drinking Buddies
The Secret Apartment
Fond Of You
From Friends To This...
It's In The Past
Snow Day
Illiterate
Jealousy, Jealousy
Nightmare
I Miss You Like It Was The Very First Night
Twitter
The Compound Conspiracy
Sick
The Aquarium
Kidnapped
Cat's Cradle
Getting To Know Them
Forced Proximity
Valentine's Day
The Scary One
Forever Winter
The Parachute Problem
Defining The Relationship
Game Night
5+1 Things (Flirting Edition)
5+1 Things (Angst Edition)
A Bad Day
Secret Moments In A Crowded Room
The Karaoke Bar
Is This The End of All The Endings?
The First Birthday
The Winter Soldier (Part 1)
The Winter Soldier (Part 2)
The Walk of Shame
There's Nothing Like Doing Nothing With You
The Bake Sale (Part 1)
The Bake Sale (Part 2)
Driver's License
The Clearance Conundrum
Kiss and Tell
The Pet Predicament
The Pet Predicament (Part 2)
A Blue Christmas
The First Anniversary
New Years Day
My Funny Valentine
Battle of The Babysitter
Bleeding Time
The Grumpy x Sunshine Alphabet
The Birds and The Bees
The GED
The GED - Part 2

The First Anniversary (Drabble)

175 11 0
By anonymityisfunwriter

Originally Posted: 01/16/2023

A/N: This wasn't really a request, just a funny little head canon from @anghstybeant on Tumblr that I laughed too hard at: "I can only imagine Sam laughing as he helps them both prepare and rehearsing his "oh no we need you for a mission" lines to be extra convincing"

"Hey, guys," Sam solemnly greets. "We need you."

"No!" he angrily exclaims to himself. "Way too dramatic. No one would ever believe that."

"Get it together, Sam," Sam harshly whispers to himself, intently staring at himself in the mirror. "We have a mission... and now I sound like Captain Kirk."

"Uh... Sam?" Steve awkwardly clears his throat from the doorway. "What are you doing?"

"What am I- I'm... Well, I'm just," Sam falters, trying to search for a believable reason that Steve just caught him talking to himself in a mirror without telling Steve the secret. You and Bucky wouldn't be leaving until late the next morning, and that would be more than enough time for Steve to blow the surprise. "I'm, uh, I'm practicing... lines. Yeah, I'm practicing lines!"

Steve's eyebrows furrow, his head tilting slightly, "For what?"

"For a play," Sam quickly responds.

"What play?"

"A play about...us. They're making a play us and, uh, I'm auditioning to play myself."

"Is that even allowed?" Steve questions.

"What are you the play police?" Sam snaps.

"Sorry, jeez, didn't mean to offend you."

"Well, you did, I happen to take my craft very seriously."

"I see that," Steve mumbles under his breath. He clears his throat again. "I'll just let you get back to it."

"You do that," Sam huffs, watching as Steve awkwardly shuffles out of the room. As the door shuts behind Steve, Sam breathes a sigh of relief. He proudly nods to himself after a moment, "Damn, I really would make a good actor."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 466 50
Welcome to my Bucky Imagines and One Shots - For those of you who want even more Bucky Barnes in your lives. Imagines and one shots about you and th...
343 17 32
Flufftober 2021 featuring Bucky Barnes x reader drabbles. Mature only for language I do not own any affiliation with Marvel, or any of the characters...
27.6K 1K 26
Bucky Barnes was always a pain in Betty's ass. Until he wasn't... Betty Rogers was glad that her brother had made a new friend, someone to look out f...
984K 19.7K 71
Here is a collection of Bucky Barnes imagines written by me. I do not own any of the characters nor places that Marvel have created and will never c...