Jet Stream (Kirishima x OC)

By AriaNightingale

Irisa Yoarashi, younger twin sister to the powerful Inasa Yoarashi, wanted to become a hero just like her bro... More

Forward
Chapter 1: Irisa Yoarashi
Chapter 2: Entrance Exam
Chapter 3: First Fight
Chapter 4: Class 1-A
Chapter 5: Quirk Apprehension Test
Chapter 6: Battle Simulations
Chapter 7: Break In
Chapter 9: USJ Part 2
Chapter 10: Training with Determination
Chapter 11: Sports Festival Part 1, Race!
Chapter 12: Sports Festival Part 2, Cavalry
Chapter 13: Sports Festival Part 3, Tournament First Rounds
Chapter 14: Sports Festival Part 4, Tournament Semi-Finals
Chapter 15: Sports Festival Part 5, Tournament Finals
Chapter 16: Limited Acceptance
Chapter 17: Hero Names
Chapter 18: Training with Shinso
Chapter 19: Internships
Chapter 20: Improvements
Chapter 21: Final Exams
Chapter 22: Tornado Training
Chapter 23: Swimming and Smoothies
Chapter 24: Training Camp Part 1, Beast's Forest
Chapter 25: Training Camp Part 2, Cruel Training
Chapter 26: Training Camp Part 3, Invasion
Chapter 27: Training Camp Part 4, Taken
Chapter 28: Kidnapped
Chapter 29: Rescue
Chapter 30: All for One
Chapter 31: Come a Long Way
Chapter 32: Forbidden
Chapter 33: Acceptance
Chapter 34: Room Contest
Chapter 35: Ultimate Moves
Chapter 36: Confessions
Chapter 37: Upgrades
Chapter 38: Date Crashers
Chapter 39: Provisional License Exam Part 1, Twin's Reunited
Chapter 40: Provisional License Exam Part 2, Rescue
Chapter 41: Provisional License Exam Part 3, Collapse of the Hierarchy
Chapter 42: One For All
Chapter 43: Kidnapper Anonymous
Chapter 44: The Big Three
Chapter 45: Advice and Mourning
Chapter 46: Love
Chapter 47: Work Studies
Chapter 48: Shie Hassaikai
Chapter 49: All Connected
Chapter 50: Yakuza Raid
Chapter 51: To Be A Hero
Chapter 52: Lemillion
Chapter 53: Sacrifice
Chapter 54: Guilt
Chapter 55: Eri
Chapter 56: Meeting the Parents, Round Two
Chapter 57: School Festival
Chapter 58: Hero Retirement
Chapter 59: High End
Chapter 60: Class A vs Class B
Chapter 61: Paranormal Liberation Front, Part 1
Chapter 62: Paranormal Liberation Front, Part 2
Chapter 63: Epilogue

Chapter 8: USJ Part 1

413 18 0
By AriaNightingale

Inasa was excitedly texting me all the next morning about some big awesome saves that All Might had been doing in the last hour all over my city. It was entertaining to read his texts as I stepped off the train on my way to school. Inasa has loved All Might since we were little, he has posters of him next to the posters of our father up in his room. Well, some of them moved into his dorm with him, but the older ones stayed in his room.

I have posters of our dad in our room, but I also have posters of Hawks, Gunhead, Fat Gum, and about three of my favorite hero, Endeavor. Inasa hates my adoration of the Number Two hero, but I can't tell him the real reason why he's my favorite, though I know that nothing I could say would sway him to liking the flame hero. Hawks I love because he's a speed and flying hero, Gunhead because he specializes in martial arts, and Fat Gum because I really want to hug him and he has a great smile.

"Alright class, we're doing rescue training today." Aizawa states to us once the bell rings and we're all in our seats. I barely made it in time, and may or may have had to use my quirk to speed myself up and barely sat down by the end of the bell. It earned me a harsh glare from the tired looking teacher. "Change into your costumes if you want, we're taking a bus to a further facility and we leave in ten minutes." He pushes the button and our cases pop out of the wall, and everyone scrambles to get their case and get changed.

"Line up in order of your seat numbers!" Iida yells at everyone once we're changed and waiting outside of the bus.

"Cutting it kind of close this morning, weren't you, Yoarashi-san?" Jirou teases as we walk on board the bus.

"She's always late, which is always confusing since she has a quirk that enhances her speed." Mashirao answers teasingly from in front of me as he takes a seat next to Shoji in the back of the bus. I pause and see only two open seats left in this half of the bus, and quickly take the open seat next to Bakugo so I don't have to sit next to the emotionless bastard Todoroki, though I do send him a glare before I sit next to the ash blonde with a small smile, to which he huffs and stares out the window.

I listen in on the conversation happening at the front of the bus where Kirishima, Kaminari and Midoriya are all seated with a few others. Midoriya looks oddly freaked out when Tsu compares his quirk to All Might's, but then again that boy freaks out for a lot of things.

"My quirk isn't very flashy, so I'm not sure how much I'll ever stand out as a Pro Hero." Kirishima joins in the conversation sheepishly, and before I can even protest his statement, Midoriya beats me to it.

"No way!" Midoriya jumps in with his hands waving. "I think your quirk is way cool, you'll totally stand out!"

"Don't put yourself down like that, Kiri, you'll make a great hero." I cheer from my seat. He grins at me toothily, sitting up just a little bit taller from all the praise he's getting. I wonder if he's like me and isn't used to getting praised about his quirk.

"Thanks you guys! But if we're talking about pro quirks that stand out in our class, then that's easily got to be Bakugo, Yoarashi, and Todoroki." Kirishima says, turning to look at the three of us.

"Sure, but Bakugo is always angry so he'll never be that popular." Tsu says bluntly and I snort and choke on a laugh.

"What the hell did you say, you damn extra!? I'll kick your ass!" Bakugo snaps and stands up to yell and her, causing me to laugh even more since he just proved her point. "Stop fucking laughing, you dumb airhead!!" He turns and screams into my face.

"Yeah, we hardly know you, but it's kind of telling that we can already tell that your personality is a flaming pile of crap mixed with garbage." Kaminari points out to him, and then earns Bakugo's scream as he leans across my body to yell at the electric blonde.

"Hey handsome, how about some personal bubble space." I poke Bakugo in the chest and push him back into his seat.

"Don't fucking touch me!" Bakugo screams at me again, not moving away but instead facing me once again almost nose to nose, only this time I have a smug expression on my face since he's been getting teased so much, something I have a feeling has never happened to him before. He strikes me as someone who has always been fawned over, at least just judging on how he doesn't seem to have a thick skin to teasing.

"Shut up and sit down, we're here." Aizawa cuts off all conversation loudly as we approach a huge building.

"Time to rescue people. Hope you end up being a damsel, Bakugo, can't wait to save you." I tease the angry boy as I stand up and quickly exit the bus before he retorts, meeting up with Kirishima and Kaminari quickly as we all laugh and walk into the building.

"It's the rescue hero, Thirteen!" Uraraka and Midoriya both squeal out when they spot the space suit wearing hero outside the building.

"Welcome students to the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, or USJ for short." Thirteen states grandly as we walk inside and they describe all the different zones within. Thirteen goes on to explain more about the facility and several added on thoughts and rules of the place for a while, constantly adding on an extra rules though as they talk.

I grow super excited, this is exactly what my father's agency specializes in, different elements and adapting how to both rescue and attack within them. Gale Storm himself may specialize more in long range offensive attacks, but he's still super well known for his rescues during potential devastating natural disasters.

Thirteen went on to describe how our quirks can all be potentially dangerous and lethal, and that's a concept I hadn't really thought of too much before. But as they were talking, I began to contemplate that. My quirk can be used to kill easily since I could literally deprive someone of oxygen, or when I use it to make slices of wind, one of those misplaced could harm a bystander.

I was lost in thought about potential lethal uses of my quirk when suddenly all the lights went out in the stadium.

"Thirteen! Get the kids out of here!" Aizawa suddenly yells out, causing us all to go on edge.

"Hey, what's that thing?" Kirishima asks nervously, pointing to the center of the USJ. There, we can see a large swirling purple smoke thing, and out of it are dozens of people all spilling out. I doubt this has anything to do with our training, and since both our teachers are looking dead serious and also worried, I take my staff out of the pouch, just to be ready.

"Is this a part of the training?" Kaminari asks, taking a step forward to see along with a few other students. Kirishima starts to take a step forward too from my side, but I extend my staff and block his path at the same time Aizawa yells back at us.

"Stay back!" Aizawa yells. "This is real, those are villains. Kaminari, try and reach the school with your quirk, alert them of what's happening."

"My gear is getting jammed, I can't reach out." Kaminari answers after he tries to reach out with his ear piece radio gear.

Aizawa then made a damn cool statement to us all about Pro's having more than one trick after Midoriya freaked out about him going to face all those villains alone. I gained a new respect for the tired teacher, but still worried about him facing all those numbers alone. Hopefully once we're out, Thirteen can get back inside quickly and help him. That hope seemed to dwindle as our exit was abruptly blocked after the black haired hero left us.

"Greetings, we are the League of Villains." The purple mist suddenly appeared between us and the exit. He went on to do an oddly polite evil monologue, talking about the fall of All Might here. That's the part that's odd to me about his speech, he seemed to focus on All Might specifically, but the number one hero isn't even here for this. That almost seems like a flaw in their plans, I wonder if he was meant to be here.

I felt rather than saw Bakugo and Kirishima preparing to attack before they did since they were both on my left side. However, with my right eye, I saw Thirteen about to engage with the mist villain at the same time.

"Bakugo, Kiri, watch out!" I scream after those two as they launch attacks on the villain. I activate my own quirk and get to the villain at the same time as them, only I use my staff to strike down on him along with my wind that combined super well with Bakugo's explosion, causing a huge explosion that I hope blows the villain away. Thankfully, Kirishima had hardened himself at the time of the attack. At the same time as I attacked, I wrapped wind around the other two and shoved all three of us to the side. 

Our attack sort of worked, it launched the villain back into his own portal as it blew away a lot of his own mist, exposing a metal cuff near it's center. I watched as the metal started to crack from the blast before I couldn't see it anymore. Bakugo and Kirishima were both safe too, and thankfully Thirteen had managed to stop their attack before I got the boys out of the way.

"You really do live up to your school's golden reputation." The mist villain says as he reforms his body, once again covering the metal brace. "It seems I'll have to send you to meet some of my friends." The mist then suddenly expands all around us, using a force of wind that's similar to my own quirk.

"Get behind me." I order out to the two boys, activating my quirk and making a dome of wind to shield us. I try to reach out and shield other students, but we're too far away to reach them. The closest student is Mashirao though, and I'm determined to protect him too.

However, before my wind can reach him, an odd sensation takes over me and I cease to feel any wind around me at all. Everything goes dark for a moment before I'm suddenly falling out of the sky in a totally different location. I use the wind at my feet to stop my fall, but spot my red headed friend also falling along with Bakugo and hurry to catch them, though they were falling from a much lower height and likely wouldn't have gotten hurt.

"You two alright?" I ask as I glide down and land next to where I set them down at.

"Yeah, thanks for the catch!" Kirishima says with a smile.

"I didn't need your damn help." Bakugo says at almost the same time. "We've got company." He adds seriously, looking at something behind me.

I turn and spot over a dozen villains all looking at us. We're in a part of the USJ still, but we're all surrounded by crumbled buildings that looks like a section of a city. This must be the earthquake zone.

"Well, Misty did say we would meet some of his friends." I say with a confident grin, though internally I'm worried since I don't know how strong these villains are. "Let's not be rude hosts." I grin and twirl my staff into an offensive position.

"I'm gonna murder these weak asses." Bakugo says from my side with a grin that's far more evil than any of the villains.

"Let's kick ass." Kirishima adds in, standing up on my other side and activating his quirk in his arms.

We work together and take down the gathered villains... with relative ease. None of us even took a hit from them. I used my martial arts mostly once we moved inside one of a damaged buildings. All my years of training with martial arts actually has that be my instinctual first method of combat instead of using my quirk.

"Man, Irisa, your fighting is so manly! You didn't even use your quirk!" Kirishima comments once the last bad guy was knocked out.

"Yeah, it's kind of first nature not to." I admit with a chuckle, but feel there's still another villain here who's hidden.

"Why the hell not?" Bakugo asks, panting lightly but still grinning as he surveys our surroundings.

"I wasn't allowed to train my quirk. Technically, I'm still not allowed to." I smirk at them before using my wind to drag the nearly invisible villain down to the ground in between us, slamming him into the ground with a good amount of force, but not enough to knock him out. Bakugo finishes the villain off with a blast to his face.

"Nice team work, blasty!" I say to him once the echo of the blast settled. "Now let's go tell Misty that the party's over and it's time to leave." I turn to leave the room, both boys joining me as well.

"Wait, shouldn't we go and help our classmates out?" Kirishima asks worriedly. "We don't know where anyone is and they could be in trouble."

"That warp villain is the villain's way in and out, he needs to be stopped." Bakugo answers, and I nod in agreement. "If the rest of these villains are weak as these losers, our class can handle them."

"I've seen little kids stronger than these guys, our classmates can handle them." I add confidently. "Hang on, I'm gonna pop up and look to see what's going on." I say right before I launch up into the air to get a bird's eye view of the whole center. I can't see too far away, but in the center I can just make out the warp villain, a pale guy in black, and a big bird looking one, but also what looks like All Might down there.

"The boss level villains are in the center, I think with All Might too, but it's too far to be sure." I report to them as we trek down out of our section, myself leading the way since I saw the path out. "There were a couple villains who didn't spread out when all the others did when they first got here, and one of them was huge, like bigger than All Might huge, so I think those were the bosses."

"Wow, you sure do notice a lot." Kirishima compliments before grinning at me and the angry blonde. "But I get what you're saying, you have faith in our classmates!"

"That warp bastard was wearing a metal armor." Bakugo continues. "That means he has a body somewhere that he's protecting. We take down him, everyone is stuck here and those bastards can't escape."

"We managed to make a crack in it with our combined attack." I point out, remembering spotting the chink we made in the armor earlier. "If we can attack it again, we can knock him out."

I look over and spot Bakugo staring at one of his hands with a furrowed brow. "So that was your doing?" He asks me gruffly. "That blast was bigger than I intended."

"Yeah, it combined with my quirk and I acted as an accelerant to your explosion." I answer. "Wasn't really what I was intending either, but it happened anyway." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 262 51
In a world where 80% of the human population possess ability's called quirks, it's easy to get lost in the idea of heroes and villains. Gushing over...
214K 6.4K 38
#1 in Bakugo 8-2-18! #1 in Katsuki 11-16-18!! "I mean, I don't see your name on it." The boys eyes went wide with rage, small explosions beginning to...
66.4K 1.7K 116
Y/n L/n,a girl with a powerful quirk, was dreaming to go into UA, living with her mother : Sana L/n, and her older brother Siji L/n. She had a very h...
292K 9.7K 145
_______________________________ "This is the story of how we became the greatest heroes." _________________________________ Nothing about Miyuki's pa...