Never Look Back (A Lauren Jau...

By harmonyharmonie

What would you do when two of your best friends, the ones you considered as family betrays you? Would you for... More

Never Look Back
I can't do this
Avalyn Michelle
Miami Sunset
Dragonfly.
New York City Sunrise
Found.
Nightmares
Still there, Jauregui?
Thankful For You.
Run
Please Don't Leave Me.
Love Who You Love
You're Family Now
Latch.
Liar
I Don't Kiss Her Like You Do
NEW SERIES IS UP! :) Growing Old Without You
For The Love of A Daughter.
Note
Eternity
Vives and Santos.
Music To My Ears
Life Is Good.
I Love You, Brown Eyes.
Two Years
I'm Sorry
Get It Together
I'm Begging
In Your Arms
Patience, Baby.
Good
Better
Best
Greatest Mafia Lord of Cuba
Won Over
Not Enough For You
Battle Lost
Take Care
Decisions
Planned Out
I'm Not Crazy
Tell Me About It
Mariposa
Recovery
Reunited

New York Skyline

3.5K 95 5
By harmonyharmonie

A/N : Hey guys! I am really sorry for taking so long! I was on vacation, and the reception on the island was not really good, so I couldn't go online and update. But thank you for being patient, and liking the stories! I'll try to update as much as I can today for all the days I've missed.

------

Never Look Back (Chapter 6)

RECAP:

"Momma, what you playing?" She said as she sat on my lap, cradling her pink arm.

"Well, this is Mommy and Momma's song. You want to hear it?" I said smiling at her.

"Yes!" She nodded her head excitedly, hair bouncing all over the place. "What's it about?"

"Well, it's about Mommy, and her daddy, and Mommy, and you." I kissed her nose earning a giggle I would never get used to.

This is song is for Lucy.

---------------

Lauren's POV

"Mommmmaaaaaaaa!"

I woke up instantly, falling off the bed from the sudden scream. What the hell is going on.

"Avalyn Michelle! That is not how to wake a person up." I grumpily sat up, rubbing my back while I heard her laugh at me.

"Momma, your hair looks funny." she laughed pointing at my messy hair. "You look like a Simba" she rolls on the bed, laughing hard.

"You know what Simba does best?" I said as I playfully glared at the laughing toddler. She stopped laughing instantly, and backed up slowly.

"Hey Momma, I'm sorry fo-for scr-eam-ing at yo-you." She stuttered, still backing down. She stopped as her back reached the head board. "Momma! I'm already hurt, see?" She held up her pink cast, pointing at it furiously.

"Well I guess kisses would be better than tickles, right?" I said as I launched to her, careful not to hurt her already hurt arm. I peppered her with kisses, earning a fit of giggles from the 4 year old monster. She was slowly turning into a tomato, so I stopped and gave her a finally sloppy kiss on her chubby cheeks.

"Come on, let's get ready for Sunday brunch with Aunt Ally. You'll meet Uncle Troy today, Mija." I stood up from the bed and held my arms to her. She jumped in and brought her to my record player. "So every morning, when I wake up, I pick 1 record to play while I get ready for the day. Now that you're here, I have a mission for you." She looked at me with anticipation. I got her attention. "You'll pick the record we play every morning from now on. Are you up for it?" She excitedly nodded her head and scanned through the records that were hanging on my wall. I brought my favorite records up in my room, while the rest of my collection's in my studio, where Ava found me the night before.

"This one, Momma! This is my favorite!" She pointed at the Beatles Abbey Road album. Woah. This kid knows THE BEATLES. "Mommy always plays this!" She was so excited and she was jumping up and down like a crazy little girl on a sugar high.

"Okay okay! I'll put it in, calm down." I said as I put the record in. Come Together instantly played and Ava started air drumming around the room. This definitely is the cutest kid I have ever witnessed in my life. I'm digging this motherhood thing.

We got ready for our Sunday Brunch with Ally and Troy, since Mani's boyfriend's in town, Mani chose to sleep-in instead of going to Brunch. I definitely understand her situation. I dressed Ava in a maroon top, jeans, brown moccasins and a brown cardigan. I brushed her hair and put on a little tan beanie atop her head, and put on a rust scarf around her neck.

"Momma! I pick your clothes!" She ran to my closet and ran around pointing at things for me to wear. "Too much black Momma. You need pink and purple in here." She said as she was looking for a top.

"But Momma loves black." I laughed as she gave me a white top. I wore it over my head, grabbed the brown blazer she tossed my way. I wore my brown heels and scarf. I put on eyeliner and mascara, blush while Ava was brushing my hair. No black today.

"Please don't tangle Momma's hair." I said giggling as I felt her tugging my hair in different places

We were done as the record player finished the album. I took out the record and put it in it's proper place. I grabbed my purse, held my hand for the little girl to hold and went out of the apartment.

-----
Ally and Troy were already seated at the table, drinking Mimosas, enjoying the view of Central Park. My hungry daughter's already getting cranky, so I carried her from the elevator to the table. Why did I wear heels again?

"Hey Ally! Troy" I gave them kisses before I sat down on my chair. "Ava, say hi to Aunt Ally and Uncle Troy."

"Hi Aunt Ally." she kissed Ally's cheeks. She just stared at Troy, thankfully Ally spoke up.

"Ava, this is my boyfriend, Troy. Troy, this is Lauren's pretty girl Ava." Ally said introducing the two to each other.

"Hey Ava. That's a neat looking cast you have their. And wow, that's an awesome dragonfly. Did you draw that?" Troy said trying to spark a conversation with Ava.

"My momma drew it for me. She's the best dragonfly drawer in the world." Ava said shyly, as she sat on my lap. We're still working on her sitting on her own chair, but after the events yesterday, she got more scared on sitting on her own.

"You know your Momma doesn't just draw dragonflies. She draws the ocean, and the garden, and the flowers at the park right there." Troy said pointing at the park before us. "I'll show you all her drawings later, before we head home, is that okay with you?"

"Okay. But we'll get ice cream too, okay?"

We finished lunch, and went straight to the ice cream shop right across my art gallery and music store. I had the gallery after my graduation, putting up pieces that I've worked on while I was in college. I opened up a Music store in it too, so people can lounge, play music, drink coffee and just chill. That place really captures my vibe, and I can say I'm proud of it.

"You did all this Momma?!" Ava had her hands on her opened mouth, looking at all the paintings and photographs around her. I just had to take a picture of her facial expression.

"I told you your Momma's good." Troy said sitting on the couch.

"No she's the goodest of the goodest of all." Ava said loudly, swinging her arms to emphasize the goodest.

"Well thank you, Mija." I said as I carried her. I kissed her fat cheek repeatedly until I heard her loud giggles.

CAMILA'S POV

Moving away from Massachussets was harder than I imagined. I had to relocate 5 years worth of my things to a studio type apartment here in Chinatown. I still have student loans to pay for, so moving to New York was not really the best idea. My bestfriend's cousin Masi recommended me to Hamilton Firm. And here I am, relocating for the 4th time in my life.

"Mila, move your Cuban ass to the living room right now!" I heard my bestfriend, Dinah scream from the living room. It's our first day moving in the apartment, and we're still unloading the boxes from Masi's pick up truck. Well, she was unloading the boxes, and I was secretly napping in my new bedroom.

"What is it, China?!" I said grumpily, rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

"I am not the one who will be living here, am I? So get your fat ass movin'. These ain't movin' on their own, Chancho!" She exasperated as she carried the boxes that were neatly labeled to their destination.

Dinah has been my bestfriend since we were 7. When we first moved in California, We were nieghbors with them, and she helped me get settled in, and helped me with my English. I'm Cuban-Mexican born in Mexico. When I was 6, my dad got a case in Cuba about some Mafia War. He got into a car accident while the case was still being processed, so me and my then pregnant mother relocated to California. I consider this Polynesian the big obnoxious bully of a sister who you hate and love at the same time. She has been my rock, and I love her to death.

"China, can we rest for a while? Or eat for that matter? I am so hungry. I could literally eat a whole cow." I said as I followed her, bringing a heavy box with me. I settled the box in my new kitchen, where Dinah was fixing the plates in the cupboard.

"Well then why don't we get ourselves a real cow meat, AFTER we get all the boxes inside your house."

"China! Why are you killing me!" I whined as I followed to get another box. I am really getting hungry from all this box carrying. And we haven't eaten Lunch, and it's already 4.

"We ate Breakfast at 1. So shut 'yo mouth 'cos we have 5 boxes left. Then we can grab something to eat, then get ready for green eyes attack you's dinner"

Oh. We have dinner with Emerald eyes tonight. The first time I saw her at the restaurant, all I saw were her eyes. It was like everything was dark, and her eyes are the only light that illuminate the whole world. Her pale skin complements her dark, curly locks, and her bod-

"You know I can hear every word you're saying? You're saying it out loud, Camilita." Dinah said as she hit my head, laughing hard. Oh Fuck. I just said that out loud.

"Camilita, move it. The boxes and Emerald eyes are waiting!"

-------

We finally finished fixing the boxes, and I swear I am so tired and hungry, I don't know how Dinah has been dealing with me the past couple of hours. We have zero food in this apartment, apart from the chips and water from yesterday's road trip, we are out. Well actually, I am out. I need to buy some groceries for the next couple of days of not yet working. It was almost 5 when Emerald eyes, I mean Lauren, texted their address.

"China, we're leaving for dinner in an hour, okay?" I ran to her room quite excitedly. I'll admit, I am really excited to have dinner with Lauren, not because I love staring at her eyes, and her full, pink lips, and hearing her sexy raspy voic- Woah. I think I might have a slight crush on her. Well, what's not to like? She's pretty, and she seems like a good person. She's good mom, that's for sure.

"Okay Chancho! Get ready, and make Emerald drool for you, okay?" Dinah said as she pushed me back to my room.

As I got ready for dinner, I played Ed Sheeran's X on my record player. I dressed up in an all black ensemble, keeping everything classy and warm at the same time. I hate the cold, but I have gotten used to it from living in Boston for 5 years. Every vacation I had, I spent it in California with my little sister Sofia, and my mom. I'm close to my mom. She's one of my bestfriends, and she understands me more than other people do, even more than Dinah does. She raised Sofi and I alone, and moved to a different country to give me and my little sister a better life, and damn proud to call her my mother.

Dinah and I googled Lauren's address, and it was a 20 minute walk from my apartment. I didn't mind at all, because I get to explore Manhattan more, and I really have to. I saw some grocery stores, and music stores as we walked, and I was really impressed on how diverse Manhattan could be. I was in Chinatown like 5 minutes ago, and now I'm in Little Italy. I also saw some restaurants that looked really good. I hope they deliver.

"We're here!" Dinah said yanking my arms, shaking my body.

"Dinah! What the hell. I'm getting dizzy." I tried stopping her, but hell, she's bigger than me.

"Okay. Okay. Let me check your face." She said tilting my head from side to side. I swatted her hands away, ofcourse it didn't work.

"Stop it. I'm fine okay." I pushed her away from me, walking inside the apartment lobby. I went straight to the concierge to ask what floor Lauren's was.

"Doctor!" A little girl with a pink cast, covered with and amazing drawing of a dragonfly ran to Dinah's direction, hugging her tight.

"Hey there little dragonfly queen. How are you doing?" Dinah carried the child on her hip, walking to me. What's her name again? Allah? Ayla? Artic?

"I'm good. Momma said you guys are coming today! I'm so excited! Momma cooked alot of food! Auntie Mani's coming too!"

"Ava! You can't run like that okay. I was wearing heels!" Ava! That's her name! I looked at the familiar voice that was shouting behind us. She was wearing a sweater dress with black heeled booties. Her raven hair was cascading perfectly down her shoulders, and to her back. Oh Emerald Eyes.

"Emerald Eyes?!" Lauren said, looking at me weirdly. Did I just say that out loud? Again? What the hell. I feel my face's color drain.

"Yes Chancho, you said that out loud. AGAIN." Dinah said lauughing hard, causing Lauren and Ava to laugh hard at me too. Oh gosh. I am so embarrassed. I hid my blushing face on my hands shaking my head.

"It's okay. People in college also called me Emerald Eyes. So that's not really something to be embarrassed about." Lauren said touching my shoulders still giggling.

"Come on, Momma, Doctor and Chanchee! I'm hungry!" Ava said jumping off Dinah's arms, pushing her mother to the elevator.

"It's not Chanchee, baby. It's Camila." Lauren said, correcting Ava.

"It's okay. She can call me Chanchee. I think it's cute." It actually is cute. Atleast she already has a pet name for me.

"Okay!! Hi Chanchee, I'm Ava! Look at this pretty dragonfly my momma drew for me on my booboo! She is the bestest bestest bestest bestest!" Ava said jumping up and down. I looked at Lauren, and she was just laughing at her daughter.

"Lauren, how much sugar did you give your child?" Dinah said laughing at the still jumping little girl.

"Well, we went to brunch and she ate some ice cream, she also brought home some Cronuts and some other pastries at the bakery. This girl could down 3 Cronuts in one sitting." Lauren said giggling at her daughter, pushing the button for her floor.

"Uhm, what are Cronuts?" I said shyly. I really didn't know what they are. Maybe those are the things that they put in their water to add color?

"Oh, you don't know what Cronuts are? I'm sorry." Lauren giggled. "Cronuts are croissant-donuts. My friend Dominique invented. I guess you're really new here in Manhattan, huh?"

"Yeah. I really haven't been here, and I guess we need to try those Cronuts some time." I said as we went off the elevator. I followed them to their front door, Ava carefully opening the door.

"Welcome to our home. Please come inside, and get comfortable." Lauren said as she let us in. What the fuck. Her apartment is 10 times bigger than mine. Okay. I am exaggerating. It's just 6 times bigger, but it's so big, and spacious, and cozy, and warm, and amazing. Wow.

"Chancho! Your coat?" Dinah said, hitting my arm to get my attention.

"Oh. Sorry. I was just admiring your house. It looks amazing, Lauren." I said as I took of my coat and gave it to her.

"Thank you. You guys want to come in the living room to relax for a while?" Lauren said as she led us to the living room. There were 2 big black couches across from each other. There were shelves of Records across the wall. From every artist, and genre, decade, band are here. Damn. I can already say Lauren's a music girl.

"Wow. Your record collection is amazing." I said as I was looking at the collection that was in alphabetical order.

"Thanks. I'm kinda a vinyl addict." She said giggling. Her eyes were glistening from the city lights outside the glass windows. She looks beautiful.

"Your place really looks amazing, Lauren." I said smiling at her sweetly.

"Thank you. Do you want a tour around, before we settle for dinner? Mani and her boyfriend would be here in while."

"That would be great. Din--" I looked back and I didn't see Dinah behind me. What the hell. Where is she?

"I guess Ava pulled her to her newly renovated room. She's pretty excited to show it since I told her you guys are coming over. So this is the living room. We'll go across the hall." I said as I was following her around the house.

"So this is my work space, and well also the place I relax. This is my mecca." She said giggling as she opened the door. There were all kinds of guitars around the walls, shelvings of more records and instruments. In one corner, there was a closed booth, for recording, and across that were sound panels. At the very center of the room was a black shiny grand piano, with papers and notebooks sprawled on top of it. She definitely is a musician. Either a producer or an artist for that matter.

"Your job must be awesome. I mean I could listen to music all day, for the rest of my life." I said as I was touching the ivory keys of the piano.

"Well, making music is good when you have the same vision and taste with the people you're working with. But sometimes it gets really tiring to fight with the artist who insist on doing the things they think is better. I'm not saying I'm better than them or anything, but,yeah. You get the point." Lauren giggled and held her hand for Camila.

"Come on, I'll show you to the othe parts of the house."

"But promise you'll play me a song later?" I said as I held on her hadn, eyeing her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 382 22
Camila's been abused and humiliated by her family. Shawn moved away from his family. They fall in love and come across some drastic changes. Will the...
4.5K 122 26
It's been exactly 5 years since Camila Cabello left fifth harmony and things could not be more glum. After Camila had 2 successful albums in 2 years...
BETRAYAL By Uniy

Mystery / Thriller

6.2K 264 28
Have you ever had someone you loved more than anything betray you? Inseparable, triplets from different mothers, that's what they were. They grew up...
4.9K 483 37
"Everything happens for a reason. That reason causes change. Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes it's hard. But in the end it's all for the best." I'm a se...