RWBY: The Resonant Rōnin (Dis...

De QuiestcelaVie

Y/N de León had a horrible last few months on Earth with his mother and adoptive sister/wife dying back to ba... Mais

Prologue
Prologue Part 2
Chapter 1: The Shining Beacon
Chapter 2: The First Step
Chapter 3: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 4: Players and Pieces
Chapter 5: The Badge and the Burden
Chapter 6: Jaunedice
Chapter 7: Forever Fall
Chapter 8: The Stray
Chapter 9: Black and White
Chapter 10: The Dojo
Chapter 11: Best Day Ever
Chapter 12: Welcome to Beacon
Chapter 13: Painting the Town
Chapter 14: Extracurricular
Chapter 15: Inner Demons
Chapter 16: Dance Dance Revolution
Chapter 17: Field Trip
Chapter 18: Search and Destroy
Chapter 19: No Brakes
Chapter 20: Breach
Chapter 21: 🍋 The Spartan and the Ronin 🍋
Chapter 22: Round One
Chapter 23: New Challengers
Chapter 24: Lessons Learned
Chapter 25: Never Miss a Beat
Chapter 26: Fall
Chapter 27: Destiny
Chapter 28: Just the Beginning
Chapter 29: Heroes and Monsters
Chapter 30: No End in Sight
Chapter 32: Moving On
Chapter 33: The Next Step
Chapter 34: Remembrance
Chapter 35: Voyage in Tranquility
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Tipping Point
Chapter 38: A Much Needed Talk
Chapter 39: Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back
Chapter 40: Taking Control
Chapter 41: Dread in the Air
Chapter 42: Unforeseen Complications
Chapter 43: Necessary Sacrifice
Chapter 44: Known by its Song
Chapter 45: Alone Together
Chapter 46: A Perfect Storm
Chapter 47: True Colors
Chapter 48: The More, the Merrier
Chapter 49: The Vault of the Spring Maiden
Chapter 50: Haven's Fate
Chapter 51: Argus Limited
Chapter 52: Uncovered
Chapter 53: The Coming Storm
Chapter 54: Alone in the Woods
Chapter 55: Enter Argus
Chapter 56: Lost
Chapter 57: Stealing from the Elderly
Chapter 58: The Lady in the Shoe
Chapter 59: Seeing Red
Chapter 60: Our Way
Chapter 61: The Best Kingdom
Chapter 62: A New Approach
Chapter 63: Ace Operatives
Chapter 64: Pomp and Circumstance
Chapter 65: Sparks

Chapter 31: Cinder's Choice

348 7 1
De QuiestcelaVie

Cinder P.O.V.

I wake up in a bed in what seems to be a cabin and hold my head in pain.

"Uh... what happened?" My eye widens as I realize I can't see anything out of my left eye and I look into a mirror to see new clothes.

A/N: Head below.

I form tears in my remaining eye and look up at the door opening to see Y/N walking in with a breakfast - scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, three pancakes, beef sausage, biscuits and gravy, and half a grapefruit with some orange juice and coffee - with a sympathetic smile as he sets the standing tray above my chest.

"Good morning, Cinder."

I look up at him, remembering everything that happened. Everything I did.

"Why?"

Y/N smiles and sits next to me.

"It's simple. I'm not going to leave someone who's on death's doorstep for dead or turn my back on someone who needs it. And since you didn't shoot me, I'm assuming you want to be free?"

I look down and open the palm of my hand to summon a fireball, but nothing happens and I start to cry as Y/N rubs my hair.

"My power?! It's gone..."

Y/N looks down at me.

"That Grimm Beetle flew out of your ear, glowing."

"Salem? She took the power she promised me away?"

Y/N looks at me.

"Your powers of Autumn were removed, but you still have your Scorching Caress."

I cry into my hands as Y/N places his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry for everything!"

Y/N looks to the side.

"You know... you set up Neo to be framed, mentally scarred me by stressing me out enough to kill Penny, Yang lost her arm and Blake has a scar on her stomach to Adam, Roman died and Neo is grieving, many people were killed. And you killed Ozpin, someone I looked up to my whole life, almost like a father to me."

I look down and close my eye as Y/N crosses his arms and closes his eyes.

"All in the pursuit of power and because you were a slave your whole life. None of us can or will forget what happened that day. I shouldn't forgive you." I look down, letting a tear slip. But he sighs. "But I will, because it's the right thing to do. Now listen..." I nod and open my eye as he explains, "You have two choices here. One, you can refuse to help us, in which case I will let General Ironwood know where you are to arrest you and leave you to rot in a cell for the rest of your life. Or two, you help us in our mission to prevent another Fall of Beacon."

I nod in understanding.

"I understand. I'll help."

Y/N turns to face me.

"Good. Now for a few questions." I nod. "First things first. How did you infiltrate Beacon as exchange students from Haven? Did you do it yourself or did you have an ally?"

"I... I actually don't know. We were just told to move in as Team CMEN to commence the plan. What I do know is that Doctor Arthur Watts played a huge part in it."

"Watts? The same one who was pronounced dead in the Paladin Incident?" I nod.

"He also programmed the virus that turned Atlas' robot army on Vale."

"And he works for Her?" I nod to that as well. "Anyone else you know of that works with Her?"

"Besides Dr. Watts, there's Hazel Rainart and Tyrian Callows."

"Tyrian? That psychotic murderer?" I nod to that as well as he places a hand on his chin. "How did you meet your faction? Roman, Adam, Black Tyger, Emerald, and Mercury?"

Flashback

I want to be strong.

Right after a sound went off.

"A beautiful ring... for a beautiful woman."

"I'm sorry?"

I want to be feared.

The Salesman was suddenly surprised. "What!?" I vividly remember the sound of running footsteps. "Impossible! What did...!?"

A man pointed.

"She went that way!"

I want to be powerful.

"Someone, call the police!"

"How'd she do that!?"

My younger self smirked with shorter hair and a metal version of Midnight with arrows on my back.

"How did you do that?"

The person I was talking to in the abandoned alleyway, cornered against a wall, was Emerald.

Emerald had a ponytail instead of her usual locks and is wearing a different outfit, missing her usual white top and arm accessories. Some of the clothes' colors – gloves, pants, even Thief's Respite– were different hues. She glared at me while glancing around, backing away slowly and not answering. Without warning, she attempted to get her revolvers from their holsters.

"Don't." Emerald grimaced before I continued, "Unless, of course, you want them to hear you."

A sound of footsteps running past while I spoke. Emerald let go of the grips as a nearby voice asks "Where did she go?"

"What do you want?"

I slowly stepped forward, glass anklet shifting with my footsteps.

"I've already told you. And I don't like repeating myself."

"I didn't do anything! Just leave me alone!"

"I know my fair share of liars and thieves. Stealing is an art of patience, coordination, and in a pinch, sleight of hand. But you didn't steal the ring in your pocket." Emerald looked shocked and checked the pocket where her prize is as I crossed my arms, continuing, "You took it right before the jeweler's eyes. And he smiled."

Emerald's surprise turned to suspicion once more.

"Who are you?"

I kept on smiling as the memory faded to black, and the voices return as monstrous growling is heard in the background.

"You will question everything you know."

"This is impossible."

There is a sound similar to something vanishing in a puff of smoke, and the growling instantly stops.

"I wish to take on an apprentice."

A large man spoke, "He lives in the mountains with his son."

I gestured Emerald to follow me.

"Follow me, and you'll never be hungry again."

"Thank you..."

The darkness opens up once more on the panting, bruised and bloodied face of a younger Mercury. He is missing his armor and sash, and his knees are bandaged and stained with blood. There is light from a burning house dancing to his back as he stood before a wary Emerald and a confident me.

"What are you looking at!?"

"I'm looking for Marcus Black."

Mercury spat blood on the ground as he gestured back at the burning house and the white-haired man lying face down behind him.

"There you go."

Emerald got up from her stance.

"That's... the assassin?"

I calmly looked up at Mercury.

"And you're his son." Mercury didn't acknowledge this, merely wiping his lips of blood, but I grinned. "We saw your fight from the treeline. He's taught you well."

"Guess so."

"What's your name?"

A moment passes before he told me, "Mercury."

I nodded in approval.

"Mercury... Tell me, are you anything like your father?"

The memory fades to black on my smile again.

"So what's in it for me?"

Emerald complained, "We don't need him! Everything was going fine!"

I slapped her as she cried out in pain, and I wince at the memory in the present.

"Do not mistake your place."

Mercury smirked.

"My dad always said... 'if you need to know a city, ask the rats.'"

Roman leaned out of the dark as I walked into his headquarters.

"Well, hello, gorgeous." He darkly chuckled.

Adam's voice I can hear clearer than the others.

"So, let me get this straight..."

Darkness cut away to me standing respectfully in the center of a tent, Emerald and Mercury sitting on their knees behind me. Two members of the White Fang armed with a rifle and sword are to one side, and the Lieutenant leaning up against the other, as a man steps into view before a map of Remnant.

"You could've gone to anyone for help. You could've made a deal with a gang leader, paid off some Huntsmen that have strayed from their... righteous path... but instead, you choose to seek an audience with me."

"You're the one we need. Your skill, your ability to lead those beneath you. You're an exceptionally valuable man, Adam. And we've put a lot of thought into-"

Adam interrupted me, stepping forward with his finger raised.

"Then you're clearly not thinking straight! If you truly understood me, you would know coming here was a mistake. The White Fang is not an organization for hire. We're a force of revolution!"

He made a fist with his last word, and Emerald shares a look with Mercury, eyebrows raised.

I was unintimidated.

"I believe our plan will be beneficial for all parties involved." As Adam continued pacing around the tent, I continued, "I have... an associate in Vale. He and I are working on a revolution of our own. But we can't do it without your forces. We need-"

Adam was forcible this time.

"What you need... is to leave." He hoisted up his weapon, Wilt and Blush. "You're asking my men to die for your cause - a human cause." He put a hand to the hilt of his sword. "That is not an idea I am willing to entertain."

I scowled in obvious displeasure, but made myself bow to him.

"Very well."

The three of us left the tent and went off into the nearby woods, with Adam stepping out to look at us from behind his mask as I hid behind a tree and watched a girl with black hair and a bow on her head, stepping up behind him, hand on her side.

"What was that about?"

"Nothing." He walked away. "We need to finish preparing. The train will be here at dawn."

She followed Adam as the memory fades to black.

Mercury asked, "So now what?"

"There's another task we must attend to."

Emerald said, "Excuse me, but I'm looking for a friend of mine."

An inn keeper nodded.

"Ah, yes. She was just here yesterday."

"Remember the plan. Exactly as discussed. Not a foot out of place."

The memories fade to me smirking as I was watching London Néger with her hat hung on the wall as she spun the revolver on Narcissus.

"So we meet again Cinder." London smirked as she reached under her desk and grabbed her machete as she sharpened it with a stone. "Black Tyger at your service. I'll take on any job... for the right price."

Flashback end

Y/N nodded and pulled up a chair.

"Interesting. Before I ask one more question, why don't you eat? The food's getting cold."

I nod in gratitude, then take the knife and fork and cut a piece of the egg and attempt to lift it up to my mouth, but I wince in pain as Y/N catches the fork and places it on my plate and gently grasps my arm.

"It's alright Cinder. I promise you're not gonna get hurt while here. Especially while I'm here."

I form a tear in my eye and sniffle.

"Why... how are you being this merciful? I was on the opposing side of what is essentially a war. I have so much blood on my hands and I took on the pain I was taught and forced it onto others."

I've treated Emerald and Mercury... like mere pawns. And Emerald looked up to me like a mother. I'm so sorry.

Y/N merely chuckles and picks up the fork.

"My mentor from my old world..."

"Old world?"

"Yes. I can explain later." He clears his throat. "As I was saying, my mentor from my old world quoted a daimyo of the 16th Century once saying, 'In times of peace, never forget the possibility of war. In times of war, never forget compassion.'" Y/N smiles and chuckles. "To show mercy is not soft. It is a sign of true strength." Y/N looks down and places his hand on my shoulder. "There just is no monster more dangerous than a lack of compassion. And by abandoning you out of hatred or vengeance, I'd be that monster."

Y/N notices my arm is still twitching and he sighs, then starts feeding me. He smiles as he sees me enjoying the food.

"This is something I'd do with girls I dated and loved on my old world, especially Doe. And Winter Schnee when I was still with her before we broke up on amicable terms due to career differences."

After Y/N finished feeding me, he goes to grab the tray, but I stop him. Y/N looks down and nods.

"What has pushed you to believe that what you chose to do was the right choice?"

Flashback

Younger me was scrubbing a floor, intercut with flashes of other children bullying me and the approaching feet of... her: Madame.

"I'll take her."

She took me from Mistral to Atlas, the front of the Glass Unicorn hotel. I peered up at the building and looked around at bystanders down the street.

"Come now."

Madame opened the front door of the hotel, and I followed her through the crowded, ornate lobby. A blushing woman took a swig of beer. Two women talked on a landing.

Madame lead me through a door behind the front desk, into an employee room, where she cleared her throat to get my attention. Nearby stand her daughters. I was distracted by a basket of steaming rolls.

"You're to make sure the laundry is folded, the dishes are spotless, and the floors are clean enough to eat off of."

Madame began walking away, and I reached toward her.

"F-food?"

Madame's daughters gasped. The straight-haired one raised an eyebrow at me, and the curly-haired one giggled. Madame picked up a roll and tossed it onto the floor in front of me, like I was some animal.

"Now hurry and get to your chores. The floor looks filthy."

Madame exited the room with a smirk as I dropped to my knees and picked up the roll. The step sisters followed their mother, laughing to each other.

I put on my hotel uniform, one component of which was a necklace with a yellow crystal. I delivered food to a guest and decorated a cake with strawberries. I moved to take a strawberry, but the curly-haired stepsister slapped my hand away. The curly-haired stepsister took the cake away, and the straight-haired stepsister took a strawberry from it unimpeded.

I ate the crust of a piece toast from a tray on the floor in the hall. I unclogged a toilet, dusted a glass Grimm statue, and carried towels.

I tripped in the lobby, breaking several dishes. The stepsisters laughed and Madame looked on angrily as a burly man looked on.

I scrubbed the carpet of one of the second floor walkways. In the lobby, Rhodes showed off his sword. I watched through gaps in the railing until a squishing sound distracted me. I saw that the step sisters have approached me with muddy shoes, leaving large clumps of mud in their wake. The straight-haired step sister stomped her left foot onto the floor and grinded the mud into the carpet.

"You missed a spot."

The step sisters began laughing, and I gripped the wet scrub brush. Steam came from the brush as my palm glowed. I threw down the brush, creating a cloud of steam that drew everyone's attention. A sign at the check-in desk reading 'WE DO NOT SERVE FAUNUS' was very readable to anyone walking in.

In a storeroom, I cried out as my necklace delivered an electric shock. Madame held a remote control.

"Now that wasn't very ladylike, was it? I suggest you remember your place." I fell on my hands and knees, panting. "Say it!"

Madame pressed the button, shocking me again. I hanged my head.

"Without you, I am nothing."

Memory to black. I opened a vent to see the burly man talking with the stepsisters.

"Alright, what gives? Someone took my damn sword."

"I apologize for the inconvenience. We'll help you look for it."

I crawled out of the vent carrying a bundle of fabric. I laid the bundle onto a sleeping mat and then unwrapped Rhodes' sword. I picked up the sword, smiling.

"Now that's not yours, is it?" I turned around and threw the sword at Rhodes, who deflected it into a wooden beam with his dual maces. "I'm not here to hurt you."

He rolls his maces over to me, and I picked one of them up. I ran forward and swung the mace at him, but he caught it in his hand, using his Semblance to coat his hand in metal.

"I've seen you around, and I think it's safe to say you're not getting the most fair treatment. Yeah? I can't really blame you for what you're thinking."

"You don't know what I'm--"

"But hurting them isn't going to make your life any better. You can run, but you're going to be running for the rest of your life. Or you could find another way to handle it."

I hung my head and lowered the mace, letting it rest on the floor. I began to cry.

"Like you? You can do whatever you want, go wherever you want."

"Ah, how old are you?"

"Ten."

"And you want to be like us? You want to be a Huntress?" I nodded. "Then we've got about nine years."

Rhodes walked over to the sword still stuck in a beam.

"For what?"

He pulled the sword from the beam and tossed it to me.

"To train you for the Huntsman exam."

Over the years, Rhodes and I sparred at night. He tousled my hair. I was shocked in the storeroom again. I watched Rhodes leave the hotel and reenter it. We sparred again. I dusted a Grimm statue. Madame used the remote to shock me in the hotel lobby. I carried dishes to a room off the landing and left it with towels. Rhodes gave me a sword.

"Just a few more years and you won't need your guardian's permission. You'll be free."

The clock jumped to 11:57.

Rhodes opened the door to my room to find the stepsisters dead on the floor, just as the 12:00 bell began to ring. I held Madame in the air by her throat, as Madame continuously pressed the button on the remote, electric sparks emanating from my necklace.

"You're right. Without you I am nothing. But because of you, I am everything."

I crushed Madame's neck and she went limp. I dropped her on the floor.

"Cinder."

I looked at Rhodes with a wide-eyed broken smile.

"I won't have to run now."

He looked at me sadly.

"That's all you'll ever do."

Rhodes drew his dual maces. My smile turned to anger.

The two of us traded blows. I hopped onto Rhodes' back and tried to bring the sword to his throat, only for him to block it with his mace. He used his Semblance to turn his neck to metal, but I used my own Semblance to super heat the metal, causing him pain. He pulled me off his back and threw me at a shelf, knocking down a small bag, which I picked up.

While Rhodes used his maces to shoot at me, I ran towards him, dodging and blocking the shots. I then threw the bag at him, creating a cloud of powder, which allowed me to steal his other sword from him. Both of us then dual wielding, we continues fighting. I broke Rhodes' Aura, and he broke mine.

Rhodes dropped his maces, walked over to me, and reached his hand out. I picked the swords back up and stabbed them straight through him. He touched my hair again and looked at me sadly. I pulled the swords from him and he fell. I broke my necklace off, looked up at the moon, and shed a tear with a small smile.

Flashback end

Y/N sheds tears himself.

"I'm sorry you went through that Cinder." Y/N hugs me, which I embrace and cry into. "You didn't deserve any of that. But are you gonna stand with Her, or with us?"

Without hesitation.

"You."

Y/N smiles and wipes the tears from my right eye.

"Get some rest. I'll explain what we'll do. And I will tell you my past eventually, just not now. I have matters to attend to."

"Thank you Y/N... for giving me... a choice... and a chance." I cry and smile. "Without you, I am nothing."

Y/N frowns and places his hand on my shoulder.

"No you're not Cinder. Do not think so low of yourself. Only you can decide what you want to be. Find closure in knowing that you no longer have to run or be a slave to hate."

Y/B hugs me as I cry into his shoulder and hug him tight.

"Please. Don't leave me. Not again." Y/N smiles and pets my hair.

"I promise I won't."

Y/N leaves and looks back and waves, then closes the door as I close my eyes and fragilely smile.

"I love you Y/N."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

272K 5.6K 70
This is basically like every other y/n self insert thing except the reader isn't an absolute fucking idiot! Also, I have zero fucks about anyone's fe...
3.7K 21 7
Coming to consciousness, Kaiser finds themselves in an unfamiliar world, or so they thought. But this world might lead to their self-discovery or a g...
22.1K 275 39
[UNDER HEAVY REVISION] Hey, Atlas here. I'm currently rewriting this story. As such, the original description no longer applies, so I put it down at...
7.8K 190 43
Here is the sixth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing...