Dualities | Solo levelling X...

By Ahbay13579

Jin woo after multiple do overs to fix the earth while combating the Monarchs ended in failure. While having... More

Calamity
King meets God
Dragon
Ethereal beauty
Successor
Anger
Time lost
Destruction
Lightning meets fire
New hair! New eyes! NEW POWER UP!
Shifting power - (Season 1 Finale)
The Spy
Eventful auction house
Test and Alacrya
Broken God
Dungeon dive
Let the truth be known
Control
Visions of the past/Greeting
God? What God? - (Season 2 finale)
Spiritual manifestation
Hello Council
The Birth of his Majesty
Xyrus Acadmey
Discussions
Disciplinary Committee
Jin woo does NOT like strangers
Elves, Brats and Exploding Wolves
Assemble
Class in Session
A World Plunged in Chaos
Uto Fell Down A Well
Fateful clash ~ (Season 3 Finale)
Aftermath
Attack
Boundaries
Omnipotence?
Dragon kings
Confrontation
Death of A Sovereign

Aether

1.6K 58 41
By Ahbay13579

(A/N meant to have this out earlier, but I am fasting and stayed up all night and thankfully with the privilege of no school for two weeks I sort of got knocked out on my own bed. My apologies)

Arthur's head rested comfortably between his mother and father, the warmth of their embrace, a sensation he had long but nearly forgotten now rekindled, while he sat and narrated his journey from the time he had fell of the cliff.

Of-course some minor details were removed such as his encounter with Sylvia and the fact he had resided with the elven royalty.

 "Now that you've shared all the details about your accommodation and stay, would you mind telling us what happened to your hair and eyes? Additionally, could you please introduce us to your companions here?" Reynolds inquired, shifting his attention back and forth between the two quiet individuals situated at opposite ends of the beds.

"You can call me Jin for short," Jin woo responded with an innocent wave of his hands.

"It's lovely to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Leywin. I'm Sylvia," she said, her demeanor and tone a complete contrast to Jin woo's. As she gently stroked Sylvie's ears, she beamed a delightful smile at the couple.

"These two have been taking care of me for all this time, the change in my appearance is because of my complete integration with my beast will, these two are the reason my core hadn't blown", he explained. His father's eyes widened while his mom just extended her hands and pulled him into a tight, loving embrace.

"Thank you" she muttered to Jin woo and Sylvia, her eyes were still red from crying so much. Responding to her with a solemn smile, a thought clicked into Reynolds minds as he decided to break the silence in the most unremarkable way possible,

"Son, what core are you now?", he asked. The question was way too out of context making Arthur want to facepalm the life out of himself. However, it was a good thing as it elevated everyone's mood. 

"Good to know he hasn't changed" Jin woo solemnly chuckled, his words only being transmitting through the mental connection the three shared, however Arthur was still contemplating how he should answer his father's question.

"How about we start with you dad"

Buying a few precious moments of time he started conversing with the two, "what should I do" his panicked voice confused Sylvia who was they first to respond.

"Dear, you need to have people you can trust with your secrets besides us. If your family isn't one of them then I don't know who else you can trust" hearing her reassuring words he prepared himself for what was to come.

"Your old man finally broke from his bottleneck, and I am at the dark orange stage", Reynold's said with a proud grin while flexing his biceps, "Not bad dad", Arthur said as he stood up from his seat, stretching his body.

I'm intrigued. You seem quite dissatisfied, so could you tell me about your core and what level it's currently at?" he asked, sporting an enthusiastic smile reminiscent of a child who had just received a new toy.

"Solid Silver"

A hush fell over the room as Reynolds' azure eyes stared blankly at Arthur, his mind struggling to process the information that had just been revealed. Alice's gaze remained fixed on an empty space, her mind still trying to come to terms with the news.

"3,2...1"

As the realization finally sank in, Jin began humming a melodious tune while counting down from three to one, and the family's expressions changed accordingly.

"Holy shi- Son! Come to the backyard. We're sparring right now," Reynolds exclaimed, but his words were cut off as Alice exuded a threatening, dark aura, causing him to quickly shut his mouth and refrain from cursing.

"Shet, shet, shet" Ellie, repeated the same words as her father like a chorus while playfully jumping from one place to another.

"Ellie, please forget that", Reynolds whimpered, getting crushed under Alice's aura. Suddenly the doors opened revealing three silhouettes. 

One was a tall man with a small bread. The other was a woman, who was presumed to be his wife. Lastly a girl who seemed to be almost Arthur's age emerged from between them. She had brown hair and brown eyes; features taken from either parent.

"Reynold! I heard your son came back", the man spoke as his scrutinising gaze transferred from Arthur to Reynold's repeatedly.

"Ahh Vincent, here meet my son, Arthur. Arthur this is Vincent Helstea. He is an old friend of mine from my adventuring days and also the one who has been letting us stay in his Manor", dad finished explaining.

"Hello Mr.Helstea. Pleased to make your acquaintance. Thanks for letting my family stay here and taking care of them." Arthur said as he gave them a curt bow. Vincent's expression changed, seemingly taken aback by his mature behavior.

"Likewise, Arthur, it's good to finally meet you. Although I must ask, are you really Reynold's son?" He asked. It as all of them break into a fit of laughter leaving Reynold's embarrassed. 

"So who are you two?" Vincent questioned, his gaze transferring to Sylvia and Jin woo.

"Sorry for not introducing ourselves, my name is Jin woo and she is Sylvia. We've been taking care of Arthur for a while know and figured we should be here for when he meets them. We can leave if you like?" Jin woo replied in an oddly respectful tone, which earned a scrutinising gaze from both Sylvia and Arthur.

"No, no there's no problem at all. If you've been taking care of him then the least I could do is give you a place to say." Vincent hurriedly replied, realising the possible hidden meaning behind his words.

After earring a relieving chuckle from the two, Vincent started talking to Reynolds, "So what were you talking about something about "wrecking my backyard?", he asked. "Haha, my son here is a mage. Not only that he is at a higher stage than me." Reynolds said as he huffed, the proudest smile he could muster creeping up his face.

"What are you talking about, Reynolds? How is that even possible?" Vincent asked but Reynold just pulled him with himself, bragging about my Arthur's early awakening to him.

"Hi Arthur.", a voice diverted his attention as he saw Vincent's wife standing in front of him. "My name is Tabitha Helstea and this is my daughter, Lilia Helstea. You are the same age apparently so you two can get along." She said as she moved to the side, giving way for the girl to come forward.

"H-hi, I'm Lilia. It's nice to meet you," she said, bowing stiffly and bending down completely.

Feeling slightly uneasy, Arthur chuckled nervously as he scratched his cheek. "Since we're the same age, there's no need to be so formal. You can call me Art too, like my family does," he said with a smile, attempting to ease the awkwardness between them.

Lilia's brown eyes met his gaze, and she looked nervous with a tinge of embarrassment. She continued to stare at him, transfixed on his star coloured eyes. A slight coo caused her to shake her head and look to his left, where Sylvie had leaped from Sylvia's shoulder onto him.

"What's thaaat?" Lilia almost squealed as she saw Sylvie.

"Her name is Sylvie. Sylv go say hello." He said, as Sylvie jumped up at Lilia and curled up in her embrace. Looking back, he saw his parents and the Helsteas and Sylvia looking at him strangely.

"Let's go, son. It's time for us to spar," Reynolds declared, causing everyone, except for Jin woo, to look at them with a sense of uncertainty.

"Don't worry, Mr. Helstea. I'll make sure the property damage is minimal," Jin woo reassured, leaving everyone else baffled except for Arthur and Sylvia. A smile gradually appeared on his face.

"Let's go," Reynolds repeated, and they proceeded to the backyard for their spar.

__________________________________________

The father-son duo positioned themselves on opposite ends, stretching their limbs and assuming battle-ready stances.

"Are they really going to fight?" Vincent asked in disbelief at the current situation. Alice too felt uneasy and asked, "Are you two sure about this?" Sylvia and Jin woo remained silent, fixated on the imminent match.

"Nope," Jin woo replied rather bluntly, causing Alice to become even more anxious and attempt to get up to intervene. Sensing the misunderstanding, Sylvia placed a reassuring hand on Alice's, trying to calm her down.

"I think you've misunderstood, Mrs. Leywin. It's Reynold who's more worried than Arthur," Sylvia explained. Uncertain of whether this was good or bad news, Alice sat back down. Jin woo straightened his posture, as if he had just remembered something important.

With his hand raised, a purple glow emanating from the tips of his finger's. He snapped them, causing a sudden burst of energy to be released, and a shimmering barrier manifested circling the father and son . The barrier was almost invisible, save for the faint purple aura that surrounded it, crackling with energy, the air around it rippled and distorted.

A faint gasp escapes the spectators lips as they gaze intently at the unbothered Jin woo, who returns his gaze back to the fight. Roaming his eyes around the barrier Reynold lets out a humours chuckle. "Quite the friend you got there." He said, Eliciting a hearty laughter from Arthur who straighter his stance. 

"I'm afraid so."

"Enough of that time to show you what I unlocked", he said, his voice booming. Colliding both of his fists together he smirked as flames erupted from it. The flames covered his fists in scorching gauntlets. His knees bent as he got into stance.

"I am sure you're smart enough to know, usage of Destruction or Aether is prohibited?"

Jin woo's words echoed around in his ears, a sense of reprimanding and scold laced at every last letter uttered. The mention of the higher element that came as his second most powerful weapon in his arsenal caused him to reminisce over the last saga of his training.

~ FlashBack ~

It had been a month or so in the physical realm, approximately six months within the void. It had been quite some time since Jin woo had checked up on Arthur but his curiosity had as it usually did got the better of him.

[ Shadow Exchange ]

Quickly transporting himself across dimensional space he materialised in his castle's balcony.

Standing tall on the balcony of his magnificent obsidian castle, his gaze transfixed on the vast expanse of the purple sky before him. The sky was illuminated by countless galaxies and stars, each twinkling like tiny diamonds in the darkness. A gentle breeze blew through the air, causing his black hair to sway gently around his face.

A fleet of pitch-black dragons soared across the star-filled galaxy. Their scales gleamed with an iridescent sheen, reflecting the purple glow emanating from their underbellies and wings. As they flew in perfect formation, their long tails trailed behind them like wispy trails of smoke, and their piercing violet eyes gazed down at the world below. The sound of their beating wings was like a thunderous roar, echoing through the vast expanse of space.

As he breathed in the crisp night air, he closed his eyes and listened to the soothing sound of the wind rustling through the shadow spurred trees . The fragrance of the surrounding flora permeated his senses, filling him with a sense of calm and serenity. The obsidian castle was perched high atop a cliff overlooking the land of dreams, with nothing but the vast expanse of the starry sky to be seen in the distance.

Jin woo took a deep breath and let out a contented sigh. The night sky of the realm was always a sight to behold, and it never ceased to amaze him with its breathtaking beauty. As he opened his eyes, he smiled and basked in the splendor of the purple sky,  Enjoying the moment of peace and tranquility of the Stygian Abyss.

He turned his back and began strolling towards the castle's training chambers where Arthur, Sylvia, and Antares were expected to be. Along the way, he decided to divert his path to his private courtiers for a quick visit. The obsidian-colored door was adorned with an abundance of crystalline purple jewels, worth more than the royal castle of Dicathein. 

As he entered the room, he smiled at the sight of the wheat-colored girl sleeping soundlessly on his bed, a privilege reserved only for her. 

 He approached her and gently ruffled her head to wake her up from her restful sleep. Her golden eyes groggily opened, and she rubbed them both, shaking off the drowsiness that threatened to put her back to sleep.

 "Good morning papa," she yawned out, causing Jin woo to chuckle.In the void, there was no morning or night, and the passing of time was a foreign concept. It was a place where the rules were set by him or his resting predecessor, Ashbron. 

 "You sure do sleep a lot, princess. Do you want to come with me and see how Arthur and your mother are doing?" Jin woo asked. The little girl jumped cheerfully from the bed, clenched his hand firmly, and started dragging him out of the room and through the halls of the castle. The shadows present stared in awe as the little girl wholeheartedly gripped their lord's hand, something that even the highest of generals and Marchels wouldn't dare do. 

 Jin woo's smile widened, as Sylvie dragged him across the castle with a blissful smile.

Soon enough they had made their way to the chamber. Pushing the titanic gates aside allowed a view of the forest sized chamber which was surprisingly not as devastated as it usually was. 

Jin woo's eyes furrowed in confusion as he saw Arthur sat in a meditative stance while hovering a few centimetres off the ground. His shoulder length scarlet hair swayed up and down like ocean waves a palpable red aura danced around his stationary from but that wasn't the cause for shock.

Branching across his body were pulsing golden runes burning across his skin like serpents .Each mark seemed to writhe with an energy that seemed almost too powerful to contain. The runes pulsed with an ethereal light illuminating the entire room with a celestial glow. 

The runes, started shifting and changing, as if they were alive. Getting more complex and detailed, as Arthur insight into the higher element aether expanded.

"Mama"

Sylvie's sweet coo caught Sylvia's attention, prompting her to lean against a sturdy column and open her arms wide. Without hesitation, Sylvie dashed towards her and jumped into her embrace, lifting her tiny feet off the ground.

Jin woo approached them and asked, "How's everything going?"

Sylvia replied, looking tired, "Arthur has a remarkable control over aether. He can even perceive the mana particles in the air, which allowed me to teach him about aether. After that, he mimicked my spatial warp technique and unlocked an aveum technique."

"It's not efficiency, it's control," Jin woo corrected her.

Sylvia shook her head and replied, "Aether can't be controlled, Jin."

To settle the dispute, Jin woo lifted his hand, and a purple orb of aether appeared, floating around his palm. Sylvia gasped in amazement as the orb transformed into various aethric weaponry, leaving her speechless. Jin woo then dispelled the aether.

"Under normal circumstances your right, but Arthur's power over mana and aether isn't what you would call normal now but I am interested in what he can do know."Jin woo conjured two floating orbs of condensed water mana, which hovered slightly above Arthur's head. With a simple motion they slammed onto his forehead, breaking down his concentration.

Arthur groaned as he rose to his feet, wringing out the water from his soaked clothing. "What was that for?" he complained.

Jin woo approached with a smirk. "I heard you've made some progress. How about you show me what those new runes of yours can do?"

Arthur's face lit up with a mischievous grin. He flicked his wrist and a stone pillar shot up from the ground, creating a safe distance between him and Jin woo. Aether began to fluctuate around him, causing the runes on his skin to glow brightly. In a flash of amethyst lightning, he folded the space between himself and the boulder, causing the world to blur around him as he practically teleported to the stone pillar.

"Sylvia taught you that?" Jin woo asked with a hint of surprise in his voice.

"I've learned more than just that," Arthur replied, ignoring Jin woo's question as he raised a mana-clad hand and shattered the pillar he had created.

Raising his hand, circles of magic hovered around his fingers and arm, pulsing with a bluish-green light. The broken boulder, surrounded by a misty aura, began to warp and shift as time seemed to reverse around it. Piece by piece, the boulder reassembles itself, its cracks and missing fragments restored.

The air was thick with a palpable energy as Arthur continued to manipulate time. His expression morphed into sheer concentration. With a wave of his hand, the circles of time magic dissipates, and the boulder stands fully restored.

"Tada" Arthur exclaimed,  exclaimed, unveiling his creation with a proud grin.

"Can it be used on living beings?" Jin woo asked, his interest piqued.

"I haven't tested it yet," Arthur admitted with a shrug, the golden runes on his skin fading away into motes of gold.

Jin woo shifted his attention to the quiet Antares and asked, "How's your progress with destruction?" Antares bowed before answering, "The boy's control over destruction has become more precise, enabling him to manifest weapons."

Jin woo was visibly impressed, as he knew from his own experience how challenging it was to accomplish such a task. "Show me," he commanded Arthur, who raised his hand once more.

Tendrils of golden light swirled around like serpents and coalesced into the form of a long, elegant sword with a golden blade. The hilt was wrapped in black leather, and the pommel was adorned with a red gemstone that emitted a faint aura of destruction.

"I named it Drakon," Arthur replied with a hint of pride, his grip tightening around the hilt as he swung the blade around in a wide arc, leaving a crimson trail in the air. "It's based on the original Greek word for dragon," he explained, dissipating the blade with a flick of his wrist. As the weapon vanished

-flashback end-

(A/N damn that was a long flash back wasn't it. Wanted to explain his new abilities and implement it into the story and you guys like power ups anyway.)

Facing his father, he trickled mana from his core. Fire mana swirled around his core as it converted into its deviant. The flames around his body crackled and popped, as it started morphing.

His crimson hair stood on its ends as scintillating sparks of orange engulfed him. Although everyone was sitting a safe distance away behind the barrier with his enhanced hearing, he could hear audible gasps. Vincent stuttered as he managed to process the sight in front of him, but he wasn't done yet.

The lighting particles overcharged as tendrils of black lightning formed a swirling vortex around him. The crackling energy danced and pulsesed with an overcharge of power. Each tendril moved with a life of its own, coiling and twisting with an almost serpentine grace as if they them selves were sentient. The air around Arthur became electrified, and a sense of danger permeated the atmosphere as the tendrils continued to swirl with increasing intensity.

Focusing back on Reynolds who had a goofy smile on his face. "Show me what you got, son", he said as he darted towards him leaving a trail of charred grass behind. His instincts kicked in, his senses heightening after many years of training with Jin-Woo, Sylvia and Igris. Everything seemed to slow down, to the point it seemed like they had come to a halt.

[ Thunder clap impulse ]

By using the lightning-infused neurons technique that he had acquired from his battle with Igris, Arthur was able to enhance his movements and reactions. He knew that he was holding back, as his sword techniques were deadly even without the use of mana. With this technique, he could minimize any potential injuries. As he observed his father's sluggish movements, he noticed two openings.

Arthur gently tapped his lightning-infused leg on the ground, causing the ground to shatter and tiny fragments to float in the slowed world. With lightning-fast speed, he arrived in front of Reynolds, who was still focused on where Arthur had last stood. Imbuing a minuscule amount of mana into his legs, Arthur kicked his father's torso, which connected with a loud thud. Reynold's eyes widened as his body bent forward, and he crashed into the wall behind him, leaving a crack in it. Finally, he fell on one knee, unable to get up.

Reynolds gasped for air, his breathing ragged and uneven as he clutched the affected area. "You gave me a scare for a moment. I concede defeat," he admitted to Arthur. Approaching him, Arthur offered his hand, which Reynolds accepted gratefully as he stood up.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," Jin woo interjected, causing Arthur to raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"ARTHUR!"

Startled by his mother's voice, Arthur quickly regained his composure and turned to face her, bracing himself for the forthcoming explanation he would have to provide to appease his angry mother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 17.1K 68
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
155K 6.3K 46
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
218K 8.1K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC Β© KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
415K 8.6K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.