Requiem - Michaeng [ENG]

By Luuh493

Myoui Mina is a multi-millionaire heiress who, after being pushed out of her life against her will for an ent... More

Back For Good PT.1
Back For Good PT.2
Happy misfortunes
Chaeyoung
Looks Can Be Deceiving
Heredity
In Good Company
Safe Harbor
Elevator
Rediscovering
A Night To Remember
Slow Steps
Love Countdown PT.1
Love Countdown PT.2
Hate you, Chaeyoung
Good News
Damn, You're Beautiful
Different Realities
Best Of Three
Disappointment
Maybe It's Love
Mine
Starting Something New
All Of Me
Here Comes Trouble
Questions
Yesterday's fears
The Little Big Things PT.1
Special Chaeyoung PT.1
Special Chaeyoung Pt.2
Special Chaeyoung Pt.3
The Next Morning
The Little Big Things PT.2
Nayeon
Shock Treatment
The Purpose
Order
You Don't Know Me
Old Days PT.1
Old Days PT.2
A Reason to Live
True Me
Love Is A Battlefield
No More Drama
The Peace That I Find
Strike One
Surprise

Use Your Imagination

168 11 0
By Luuh493

It was early when I arrived at the A&M Enterprise building. The day today was cold, worthy of the New York winter, everyone sheltered as much as possible inside their coats fleeing the numbing breeze that crossed the city. I didn't look any different, on top of my shirt I wore a coat and an overcoat, again I was all in black, just the gloves and the blood red lipstick.

I walked through the lobby feeling all attention on me. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched the necks bend to match my walk. I looked down looking for an open zipper, a tag showing, but there was nothing wrong. My last thought was my father, maybe he had said something about me or even framed me to those people. I hadn't doubted anything since the last time he had the police take me away from a nightclub.

- Good morning, Mina. - a blonde woman entered the elevator right behind me with a huge smile on her face.

- Good morning - I replied finding it weird that her gaze was fixed on me, what a strange girl. - Can I ask you something? Is there something wrong with me? A giant pimple, a lettuce in my teeth?

The girl laughed and I had the slightest impression that she was flirting with me.

- No, actually I think your beauty is enough to call attention. - bingo.

- Thank you, although I don't think that's the real reason for those looks.

- You really don't remember me, do you? I was only one night. - she threw herself in front of me with a hurt look. Shit.

- Sorry, I was a scoundrel back then.

The woman threw her arms around my neck in a completely unexpected move causing me to crash into the wall behind me.

- I kind of like you like that - I sighed trying not to get carried away by the impulses that screamed for me to grab her right there. Why do these things happen to me? - Pick me up later? I promise another night of good memories.

I took my hands to her arms in an attempt to free myself from her grip, but it was in vain and she saw it as something different. Her lips came directly to my ear slowly sucking on the lobe and making me shiver. This wasn't right.

- I don't think I can. - I grabbed her arms, pulling her away from me. - I have a girlfriend.

- That never stopped you before. - I squinted my eyes.

- Did I tell you I had a girlfriend before?

- Yes.

- I was really quite a scoundrel then.

The door opened and I left without even looking back. That was a huge test and I can say that I did really well.

- What good thing happened this morning? - my father asked as soon as I entered the room.

- Nothing much, you know, I'm alive.

I pulled up a chair and sat across from him. Akira was different today, whether it was his positive aura or his amused tone, something told me that he was also overjoyed and that was never good for me.

- That's actually a good thing. You must be wondering why I called you here.

- Since the day you called me, but I don't want to fight, so please...

- No, no, I didn't call you here for that either. In fact - he paused for a moment, reaching to grab something from under the table. - I called you to give you this.

A key crossed the table and landed in my hands.

- What is this?

- I saw this warehouse on one of my visits to the works and remembered how much you wanted to reform one to live in, so I bought it for you.

Is that really what I heard? Akira Myoui was gifting me? Worse, recalling my childhood desires? I couldn't lie, deep down I was happy to hear about the place, it really was my dream to live in an old warehouse. But that story didn't resonate with me, that wasn't part of his behavior. I looked up from the keys to look at his relaxed and amused expression, how I hated his cynicism. I was never able to tell the source of his happiness.

- This is for me? - I shook the key in front of him.

- Yeah, I hope you like it. Excuse my lack of time, but I have to run because I have a meeting. Let me know if you like the place.

He got up and just walked out leaving me there with my doubts. The key intrigued me, made me imagine the most insane antics that could accompany his actions. As much as I didn't believe a word he said to me, something in me still had that stupid faith that, despite everything, there was part of a heart left inside his chest.

I decided to have lunch somewhere before going to college, I needed to be alone with myself to think about this situation properly. The key was dangling from my finger all the time and a small piece of paper with the address of the place was taped to it. Apparently it was in a quieter part of New York and so far satisfied all my requirements.

- So your father called you to deliver the key to your new house? - Chaeyoung asked entering her apartment.

- It's not exactly my new house...

- You're going to reform, aren't you?

- I don't know, I haven't been there yet. - I closed the door behind me following her steps to the kitchen - But that's suspicious Chaeng, out of nowhere he comes to me with this. Why?

- That's something you should ask him, maybe he just wants to redeem himself.

- You don't know my father, he doesn't do that kind of thing.

- Here's what I think - she said, slowly approaching me. I put myself in her path, wrapping my hands around her waist and pressing my body against hers. I loved what that contact made me feel. - You should go take a shower to relax while I prepare you the best dinner of your life.

- Really? - my eyes didn't leave her mouth, the tongue hour or another emerging between her lips. - Any chance you could join me in the shower?

- Not today. You don't miss one, do you? - I let out a giggle when she got rid of me and hit my butt.

I screamed for Chaeyoung for a full five minutes so I could find everything I needed for the shower, including clothes. We weren't all that different body-wise, just the height. I separated some sweatpants and one of her coats since the cold still hadn't let up and finally got under the shower. I allowed myself to linger over the hot water, baths were my weak spot in life, I could spend hours savoring the feel of the water on my body. But not today, today I had a bigger and better reason to be out of it. I finished getting dressed, pulling my hair into a messy ponytail, and headed into the kitchen. The smell was wonderful which made me think that the view would not be different.

- No! - I was startled by the scream I heard as soon as I passed the counter, stopping at the same time. - You can't come in here until everything is ready.

- Since when are you so possessive?

- Since it's you - I immediately broke up, I wasn't expecting that one.

- So what can I do? I don't like to stand still, much less when I'm watching you walk from one side to the other.

- You can put the table, everything is up there already.

Okay, if I couldn't help with the food I would do great table setting. I gave myself body and soul to my task, Chaeyoung had a medium sized table and even if the rules of romance say that each lover must sit at one end of the table I would not do it that way. I developed this absurd need for contact with her and it would not be now that I would fight it. I put our plates next to each other, thinking all the time if it wouldn't be better for us to eat, both of us, in one.

- Darling, do you have wine? - I asked leaning on the counter, I wouldn't dare to invade her kitchen again.

Chaeyoung brought me a bottle and two glasses and went back to her territory. I put the glasses on the table and took a final look, it was good, just missing the food. I counted ten long minutes until she called me to help carry the bowls. Apparently we had a typical pasta with meatballs and Bolognese sauce. It looked simple, but it smelled ridiculously appetizing.

- Please, miss. - I brought her by the hand to her place and pulled out a chair for her to sit down.

- Thank you. - Once I saw Chaeyoung sitting, I took my biggest asset: candles that I found in her closet. I placed one in front of each plate and lit it, sitting in the chair with a huge smile on my face. - Okay, I think there's something else going on here. - she joked.

- In addition to the wonderful food you made I decided to make things a little more romantic. Imagine with me: your very darkened room, lit only by long and scented candles positioned right after the white and very clean dishes. Congratulations to the owner of the house - she laughed softly and I followed her - Adorned on each side by the cutlery, which is in accordance with the rules of etiquette, because you have a well-educated girlfriend. - she laughed again. - And finally a napkin on our laps - I positioned hers on the spot - and my company that is enough to make any night special.

As soon as I finished the sentence, Chaeyoung moved forward a few inches, placing a kiss on my lips. For a moment I thought she was crying, such feeling passed through that, so simple, touch of lips.

- I love you, thank you. - She sighed making me smile.

- I love you too and no need to thank me, you deserve much more.

The atmosphere became highly romantic from then on, eating was the least of our worries despite being delicious. We almost died laughing at the table, the most banal subjects coming up, the stupidest jokes and the dull puns that were our specialty. This was the girl I fell in love with, the simple and carefree girl with the most authentic personality anyone could have.

I was resigned to just being in her presence, our bond growing stronger both physically and psychologically. For me, she had become synonymous with good things and the inner peace that I've been looking for all these years. Of course, the body also spoke and sometimes even begged for a little attention, but nothing rushed. I wasn't missing sex that much and I wondered how she was able to change me so much in such a short amount of time.

We finished eating and got into a quick discussion about who would wash the dishes, although she was very persuasive, I was more stubborn and ended up winning. I washed the dishes while Chaeyoung went in for a shower and I was smiling, giddy, remembering our moments.

- Still there? - a strong perfume invaded my nostrils as two arms clung to my waist.

- I'm done. - I drained the last dish and turned to look at her. Her wet hair hung on one side of her body and her eyes were uncovered. - Are you following the doctor's instructions?

I felt her face gently running my thumbs up her cheek, circling the area free from the bandages.

- Yes, after all it helps me to improve and I want to be able to witness one of these dinners instead of imagining it. - smile.

- Don't worry about it, you'll have plenty of chances to do it. Can you open your eyes? - I asked when I noticed the absence of the small ribbons that kept them closed.

- I can, I just didn't want to do it alone.

Chaeyoung took a step back and then her eyelids fluttered, it felt like a huge effort to lift them and even though I was as distressed as she was about it, my hope that she had some kind of vision of me that night was greater than anything else.

- Damn it!

- Chaeng, relax. You don't have to do that today.

She shook her head, beginning another attempt, this time her pupil slowly poking through the slight opening. My heart raced at the scene, there were her intense eyes again, this time staring directly into mine. I could feel the twinge of emotion hit my eyes and the tears well up in a blink.

The lids lifted fully giving way to the dark brown. I swallowed hard, imagining what was happening right now. Was she seeing me? Chaeyoung remained motionless and expressionless for long seconds, her pupil now and then moved, as if she was looking for a point to fix, until her eyes closed again making her snort.

- Damn, that's as long as I can keep them open. The light still bothers a lot.

As the environment was still lit only by candles, I deduced that she was very uncomfortable with having her eyes exposed.

- Chaeng, did you see anything?

- Not a lot. For now I can only see faint blurs - I let out the air trapped in my lungs with a little disappointment. - But can I guess that you have your hair tied up?

My eyes widened and my mouth let out a silly laugh.

- Yes! Did you see this?

- So so, I wish I could have seen more.

- No, Chaeng! You were great. My God!

I grabbed her in my arms in a tight hug with the right to twirl. How could she be disappointed? The fact that she was already able to differentiate formats was amazing, all her effort and dedication was showing results. There was no reason to hurry.

The rest of the night we spent the two clinging on the sofa in front of the TV. We'd go through the movies laughing at my silly comments and character descriptions. I was starting to like this whole situation, being the portal connecting her mind with the outside world was extremely pleasant and fun, not to mention that it made me feel important. My concern to detail everything that was seen, even if in a funny way, was something new for me. In fact, all this feeling that this care aroused in me was unknown to me until then.

Even though Chaeyoung was complaining about her condition and even though people saw it as just a terrible accident, I saw the situation as a blessing that I had received. I couldn't imagine my life taking another turn, or someone awakening me in such a way to the humanity that still existed in me. It wasn't possible for anyone to make me love this way, other than her.

- Just for your information - Chaeyoung called moving over my body and taking me out of my reverie. - You're the most beautiful blur I've ever seen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 555 29
Over-ambitious Yoo Jeongyeon crosses paths with former law school friend Myoui Mina when she gets the job of her dreams at one of Seoul's top crimina...
25.9K 622 7
Chaeyoung is a careless woman who happen to meet a love in unexpected place, unexpected time and unexpected situation. What will she do to make Mina...
1K 45 10
Park Y/n is a girl who hides the fact that she comes from a wealthy family but doesn't use the money that her parents give her and works hard for wha...
41.1K 1K 13
Nayeon, the bratty heiress of ImTech, is put under the care of the cold Team Leader Myoui, who will teach her the ropes about handling the family bus...