Battle Scars

Par jordynexus

Mitch and Abby struggle with who they're supposed to be and what they truly are. ~Hunger Games~BajanCanadian... Plus

Part 1: THE TRIBUTE
Chapter 1: Little Hernandez
Chapter 2: Dodge Ball with Fictional Horrors
Chapter 3: Independent
Chapter four: Shari
Chapter 5: Cowgirl
Chapter 6: Zero Attention Plan
Chapter 7: Power Moves Squad
Chapter 8: Knives
Chapter 9: Relief
Chapter 10: A little Sherlockery
Chapter 11: Blood from a Stone
Chapter 12: Focus
Chapter 13: Secret, Secret
Chapter 14: The Secret Ally
Part 2: THE WARRIOR
Chapter 15: Dry Tears
Chapter 16: The Ring of Fire
Chapter 17: Water Bottle
Chapter 18: Pride
Chapter 19: Allies
Chapter 20: Shaking
Chapter 21: Snowflakes
Chapter 22: The Fall of Katniss
Chapter 23: Of Guys with One Leg
Chapter 24: The Usual Game
Chapter 25: If We're Left
Chapter 26: Picturesque
Chapter 27: Stitches for Mental Wounds
Chapter 28: More than 21 Moves
Part 3: THE VICTOR
Chapter 29: Freight Train
Chapter 30: Battle Scars
Chapter 31: Survivor, Keep on Surviving
Chapter 32: Some Raw Emotions
Chapter 33: Just Casually...
Chapter 34: Bullets
Part 4: THE REBEL
Chapter 35: Africa's Key
Chapter 37: A Reunion and a Meeting
Chapter 38: Battle Planning
Chapter 39: Errands
Chapter 40: Preserved in Ice
Chapter 41: The Matchmaking Department
Chapter 42: Operation Hide in the Hovercraft
Chapter 43: Aerial Acrobatics
Chapter 44: Just be Careful
Chapter 45: The Doctor of Neural Functions
Chapter 46: Forgiveness
Chapter 47: The Price of Freedom
Chapter 48: Just in Time
Chapter 49: Frozen
Chapter 50: It's Still Me
Chapter 51: Three kinds of Love
Chapter 52: Political Love
Chapter 53: Savarna
Chapter 54: Simulations
Chapter 55: Right Here Waiting
Chapter 56: Storm Clouds over the Soviet
Chapter 57: It's Over
Chapter 58: Whatever Happens
Chapter 59: Home
Chapter 60: Pain over Pride
Chapter 61: Worth Fighting For
Thank you, and new story?
New story!

Chapter 36: Arriving

42 4 0
Par jordynexus

Chapter thirty six: Arriving
Most of us slept the rest of the ride in the hovercraft. When I was awoken by Mitch shaking me gently by the shoulders, we were hovering over the secret sector in Canada, just ready to disembark the hovercraft. Mitch, Jerome, Shari, Em, and I were looking out the windows, whilst Preston was steering the hovercraft. He was pretty skilled with things like that, but since he came from Arabia, that sort of thing wasn't surprising. They were all like that there.
Below us, we could see no tell tale signs that there was a base here. Everything looked exactly like the landscape around it. In fact, I wasn't entirely sure where the landscape ended and the base began, despite the fact we were getting pretty close to it.
I watched as Mitch's face slowly registered a mixture of feelings. I knew this place meant a lot to him. He noticed me watching, and turned to look at me. I smiled, and he returned the smile happily.
"I really missed this place," he said. "I hope my family is ok. What's left of them, anyways."
"Who is left?" I asked.
"My little brother, Connor, and my two sisters, their names are Kyleigh and Marley. Connor's really too young to work in the rebellion, although he generally squeezes himself in somehow. Kyleigh and Marley both work in our spy department."
"That's quite impressive," I smiled. "Will I get to meet them?"
"Of course," he replied. "As soon as we land, probably."
"Your siblings are awesome," said Jerome, who had obviously been listening to this conversation. "I wish I had siblings."
"We can share our siblings," chuckled Mitch.
"Sounds like a great idea!" grinned Jerome. "Hey Preston, how long will we be?"
"Five minutes!" Yelled Preston, from the cabin. Jerome nodded. We talked a little more. I noticed Shari had hardly said a word since we'd boarded the hovercraft. I went over to him, and gave him a hug.
"Are you ok?" I asked, quietly.
"I'm fine," he sighed. "It's a lot to take in, as you can probably imagine."
"Yeah, I can," I smiled. "It'll be ok. Don't stress."
"I'll try not to," he smiled. "Thanks Abby. For saving me from that place, they wouldn't have treated me lightly for supporting you."
"It's fine, it's the least I could do since you supported me through the games." Mitch came over to join us.
"Are you ok?" He asked Shari. "We'll be off this craft soon, and then we can find something for you to do to take your mind off everything, if that's what you want." Shari nodded gratefully.
"Thank you," he said softly. Mitch nodded.
"Not a problem," he replied. I watched this discourse with interest. I could see why Mitch was the leader. He cared about people, and everyone found it easy to love and respect him.
"We're ready to disembark!" Yelled Preston from the cabin. "Can one of you prepare the ladders?"
"I'm on it!" Replied Jerome, heading for the hangar. We followed him in there, preparing to disembark the hovercraft.
"When we get on the ground, we need everyone of any importance in the board room, so we can get things moving as soon as possible," said Mitch. "That includes all of you guys."
"Mitch do you want me to call everyone once we get down there?" Asked Jerome. "I imagine your family will want to talk to you and Abby."
"Yeah, that's probably a good idea, thanks Jerome," nodded Mitch. "Do you know who to call?"
"The usual," said Jerome, as he tugged hard on a leaver. The doors slid open, and ladders unfurled themselves and dropped to the ground.
"Yep," replied Mitch. "Preston should come down with us, I can send someone up to stow this thing away somewhere, he doesn't need to drive it himself." He disappeared into the cabin, and soon reappeared with Preston by his side.
"You guys ready?" Asked Jerome.
"I'm more than ready, " grinned Preston. "Let's go!"

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

6.2K 446 30
None of them ever expected to be reaped, none of them thought they were going to be forced into fragile alliances for their very survival. They never...
28.2K 663 23
A group of six Youtubers who call themselves "The Pack", all disappear at a sudden attack on their homes. They've been relocated into a different are...
302K 5.9K 95
Querencia - a place from which one's strength is drawn, where one feels at home; the place where you are your most authentic self Talisa Moreno Winne...
5K 606 43
I've watched the games for as long as I can remember, but I never thought I'd be in there, fighting for my life, one day. Unnaturals are the curse of...