Dualities | Solo levelling X...

By Ahbay13579

Jin woo after multiple do overs to fix the earth while combating the Monarchs ended in failure. While having... More

Calamity
King meets God
Dragon
Ethereal beauty
Successor
Time lost
Destruction
Lightning meets fire
New hair! New eyes! NEW POWER UP!
Shifting power - (Season 1 Finale)
Aether
The Spy
Eventful auction house
Test and Alacrya
Broken God
Dungeon dive
Let the truth be known
Control
Visions of the past/Greeting
God? What God? - (Season 2 finale)
Spiritual manifestation
Hello Council
The Birth of his Majesty
Xyrus Acadmey
Discussions
Disciplinary Committee
Jin woo does NOT like strangers
Elves, Brats and Exploding Wolves
Assemble
Class in Session
A World Plunged in Chaos
Uto Fell Down A Well
Fateful clash ~ (Season 3 Finale)
Aftermath
Attack
Boundaries
Omnipotence?
Dragon kings
Confrontation
Death of A Sovereign

Anger

1.9K 80 21
By Ahbay13579

Jin woo placed his palm on Arthur's head, causing the nest of aburn hair to dishevel while ruffling it. His grey eyes glinted in a cheeky shade of magenta as he eyed him.

"When did you get here?" Arthur questioned, "Just know. No need to be so nervous dear" Sylvia's soothing voice, relaxed Arthur's tense muscles.  Jin woo's glowing eyes traced all of the elves present, his eyes landing on Tess who was caught hostage by her parents.

"Wow, we leave you alone for three days, and you get yourself a girl Arthur?" Jin woo teased, but he didn't get the reaction he wanted from Arthur. Looking at him dead-pan, "She's four" Arthur replied. "Yes, dear. Now please don't listen to him" Sylvia said, pleased with Arthur's reaction, reaches her hand out and pulls on Jin woo's cheek threatening to tear it off, for repeating the same joke she had told him to drop.

"I-am sor-y" Jin woo's mumbled words, elicited a hearty laughter from Arthur. Their interactions distracted them from the royal family who were approaching. Arthur was the first to realise, putting his laughter to an end. Sylvia took a more composed attitude while Jin woo didn't seem bothered at all by their presence, rubbing his red cheek with his palm.

Before the king could get to them, Tessia sprinted off and clenched Arthur hand in her grasp. Noticing the curious gaze of the old king, surprised queen and the fuming King, Arthur tried to wriggle his hands out of her grasp but it was rock solid. Her curious gaze examined Jin woo and Sylvia.

"Who are they Art?" 

The morbid realisation fell on Arthur, as he realised that Jin woo had chosen the most convenient time to show up, the urge to face palm himself was put to a stop by Tessia iron grip. Sylvia cursed herself over and over again for letting any decision making go to Jin woo, she racked her brains for possible excuses to come up with, but the latter had it under control.

"Hey there, we are Arthur's... cousins. We got separated on the way here, call me brother Jin and you can call this old lady here Sylvia." He explained, with a side grin. Arthur slowly stepped away from the steaming Sylvia, whose body twitched with the urge to maim Jin woo, but held off on it. 

"Tess, you should go back to your mother?" Arthur gently spoke to Tess, as to not upset her. She looked back at her mother Merial. The Queen extended her hand towards Tessia. She hesitantly looked at him and then at her mom but went to her anyway. After that the king invited them to come and explain the situation which was agreed to.

"Don't worry Child. No need to be so confused." Sylvia's soothing voice ringed in his mind, making his stiff shoulders relax. Letting in a deep breath they started following the royal guards to their carriage. On the last step Arthur froze...

His vision turned red.

KILL

RAGE 

CHAOS

CARNAGE 

DESTRUCTION 

The palpable cacophony of voices flooded his consciousness. He felt the need to endlessly burn and ravage everything to the ground, his vision turned once again into a burning rage of amber. It all lasted a split second before he snapped back to himself, his vision returning to him once again. Unable to explain what had just occurred, he ignored it and stepped into the carriage but Jin woo's eyes never left him.

"Was that-"

___________________________________________

Jin woo's eyes peered intently at the sleeping form of Arthur. His mind still racking for possibilities to explain the presence he had felt earlier, no...

It was the millisecond of chaos that had emanated from him.

Sylvia noticing Jin woo's boring gaze started getting a little restless, "what's wrong?" She questioned. Jin woo's eyes turned back to their natural colour, which subconsciously glowed whenever he got agitated, a habit Sylvia had caught up on.

".."

"It's nothing" 

Sylvia opened her mouth to say something, but it got caught up in her subconscious. She knew Jin woo held one too many secrets and pressuring him to extract all these secrets would not help. All she could do was hope he would open up to her when the time came.

"Do you find something odd about Arthur?" Jin woo questioned Antares through their link. A small invisible wisp of red hovered around Jin woo connected to him by a scarlet thread.

"The boy seems to be okay. However....." Antares spoke but paused, " The boys core seems to be advancing at a rate that his body isn't capable of." Antares finished his report and while Jin woo's face morphed into a frown. He looked at Arthur's small frame sleeping soundly by resting his head against the sidewall of the carriage.

He focused on his sternum where his source of mana- his core was. Focusing slightly he saw a dark-orange ball of mana. His eyes widened for a fraction of a second. Antares indeed was right. It would be impossible even if he was a borderline psychopath, genocidal-maniac king in his past. But what was it that was causing this? How did his core jump from red to dark- orange in the span of a few days that he was away from them?

His senses buzzed, as he detected a spike of mana coming from Sylvia. Her eyes turned into a thunderous violet, while her intent was practically begging to be released. With his thoughts straight he also sensed the presence that had been spying on them for a while and just like Sylvia he wasn't to fond of it ether.

"How do you plan on watching us?" He questioned, his pitch black aura oozed out from him. 

The veil of illusion magic that had been accumulating in the empty corner of the carriage, disappeared revealing a black haired elf with cropped hair. She wore a white military uniform that stood out.

"How?" She demanded releasing a bit of her intent while having a seductive smile on her face. Before Jin woo could respond to the gesture, Sylvia intervened. In a flicker of a second the elf's intent vanished as the veil of mana Sylvia had suppressed leaked out over-shadowing the woman's despite the meagre amount she had released.

Before the tension with the two woman could escalate. Arthur's ears perked and his whole body stiffened as he woke up, his knife already in his hand.

He looked at Jin woo, Sylvia and then at the woman, "Who is she? Why is she here? Are we under attack?" Arthur launched a barrage of questions at him while Jin woo just sighed, once again.

"Ara~ aren't you an adorable little kid." The woman spoke in her mana reinforced voice seductively despite the tensed exchange earlier. 

Arthur looked at her and then at Sylvia, baffled by what was happening. Sylvia's eyes peered intently at the black haired elf as her purple eyes rifled her, top to bottom, examining her. The elf narrowed her eyes at Sylvia looking at her core only for her to be taken aback. Sylvia being an adult Asura and also considered one of the most talented of the dragon race was at the peak of the integration stage.

She looked at her with a leery look one last time,

"We will continue this later." She said and a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips and drifted away hiding in the deviant form of wind mana.

Sylvia sunk back into her chair, with a deep sigh. "What a pain" she murmured. "What a friend you made already" Jin woo replied flippantly, causing Sylvia to role her eyes. Arthur's azure eyes borrowed into confusion, but the realisation finally hit him.

"Was that a lance?" He questioned.

"Yhea, looks like you did actually listen in your lectures" Jin woo chuckled. "It's not all good. Their potential is heavily restricted" Sylvia opposed the idea of the artefacts. Her father was the one designed it after all, so she knew about its fundamentals.

The rest of the journey went smoothly. They arrived at the castle after around 20 minutes. It was what you'd expected from a castle of elves. Mostly green in colour, entangled with vines and moss growing everywhere. 

Taking their seats next to each other, directly facing the royal family and the guard's surrounding them. Arthur took in a deep breath, since he was the one who had met Tess in the first place he had to explain the situation. The royal family listened to every speck and detail of the story, not taking their eyes of Arthur as he narrated the tale, inevitably he had to explain he was a mage.

While the the members of the royal family were to flabbergasted to react, The old elf - Virion gazed at Arthur curiously. Trailing off to Sylvia and Jin woo who sat there unfazed by the hostility emitted by the guards.

"You dare lie to the royal family" One of the guards growled, drawing his rapier wind mana already swirling at its tips, he charged with no one stopping him. Sylvia with her palm resting on her cheek gave a tired sigh. 

For a split-second realmheart flared to life on Sylvia's skin. The complex and intricate ruins branched across her creamy skin like the bark of a tree. Her spatial magic came into play as the air seemed to warp and twist around the elven gaurd, the very fabric of reality bended to her will. Suddenly, the the poor elf found himself hurtling forward towards a nearby wall with terrifying speed.

The elf didn't have anytime to comprehend what had happened, much less halt all of his momentum or brace himself. With a sickening crunch, the guard slammed into the wall, crumpling to the ground in a heap.

No one besides Jin woo could comprehend what had happened. He eyed her curiously, this was the first time he had seen her use aether in an offensive way. The royal family sat there baffled, No could explain the phenomena, and they could sit there days trying to. The silence in the room was broken as Jin woo stood up from his seat, becoming the new source of attention.

"We've had a long trip. I believe Arthur has told you everything you needed to know, so please excuse us while we go get washed up." 

Without uttering another word, he walked off with Sylvia trailing behind him, causing a maid to hurriedly follow them as an escort . Arthur stood up and gave the royal family a bow before running to catch up to the two. 

Once gone a familiar elf emerged from the corner of the room releasing the illusion magic she had used to conceal herself.

"What do you think?" Virion directed his gaze towards Aya who appeared to be in deep thought. "It was definitely one of those two, both of them were aware of me and had sensed my presence before. It would be good to mention that I couldn't sense their core, but without a doubt they were mages." 

Finishing her report, a feeling of dread overtook the king and queen, but a subtle excitement took rise in Virion. It had been a while that something this exiting has occurred in the castle but his curiosity was reserved more for the boy... he wasn't sure if he was aware of it but he had a beast will, or what he thought was a beast will. 

It was definitely a foreign presence inside him and from the looks Tessia had been giving him, it would be a waste not to get aquatinted with the boy. 

"I should test the brat"

___________________________________

Sylvia exited the shower with a towel in hand, dressed in an elegant elven-style robe, the fabric draped gracefully over her curves and revealing a hint of her smooth, polished skin. The robe was a deep shade of blue, adorned with intricate silver.

She put the towel to the side, sinking into the plush mattress with a contented sigh. Her long locks fanned out around, her lavender eyes drifted shut in peaceful relaxation. The room around her was filled with the soothing scent of lavender and jasmine. It had been nearly a year since she had slept properly much less in a bed.

"You know you could have slept in the void if you wanted to" Jin woo, who sat next to her resting frame leaning his back on the headboard of the bed. Sylvia stretched out like a feline, letting out a tired and sleep full yawn.

"I was too busy processing what had happened, and we didn't get much free time ether" She explained, cocking her head to the side to meet his gaze. "Fair enough, I should get some rest too. Arthur won't be back for a while anyway". A few minutes ago Tessia had barged into their room, complaining about not wanting Arthur to leave. In an attempt to make her feel better he accompanied her an a tour of the castle.

"Good night" she let out, before she allowed herself to drift off into a deep and restful sleep.

Letting out a sigh Jin woo closed his eyes, trying to get some rest. The bed was comforting and soothing. He's slept much better ones but maybe.... after losing everyone again and again and the constant, never ending war had snatched the comfort and happiness that little things used to provide. After all, you never know someone or something's worth until its gone- for good.

Being a monarch had its perks. You never age, never get drunk, never fall sick, never die. But was it actually a perk or just another "with great power comes great responsibility". His predecessor Ashborn might have never felt it since he was born with it, but human greed often defies everything. While he too- once wished for all this world defying power. To never die, become an immortal and live an eternity. But now that it's done he had taken time to start reconsidering everything.

What purpose does he serve now? Was he even needed? Was he just a necessary pawn needed to put the aeons long war between the Monarchs and Rulers to an end? If so.. what now? His mind was assaulted by a barrage of questions, questioning his very own existence.

The mana density around flickered as a slight turbulence was produced in it. His eyes shot wide, taking in the ceramic ceiling as he got up. His gaze went towards the window. It was the same presence he had felt before. The usage of a foreign mana. It was for a brief moment but it was still there. 

[ Shadow Exchange ]

Sinking into the shadows, disappearing from view. A moment later, he reemerged from another patch of darkness across the castle, his form briefly flickering as he materialised once again. His heart thrummed at the sight in front of him.

There sat Tess, tears streaming down her face as she held the unconscious body of Arthur. All colour seemed to have left his face and a few strands of his aburn hair were more reddish than usual. Tessia's tear filled eyes spotted Jin woo as she gave a pleading look, her knuckled turning white from how hard she clasped on Arthur's shirt. Quick and impatient steps gave Jin woo a better view of the situation.

There stood Antares his fiery mane of hair, tucked neatly behind one of his clawed arms while the other grasped the old elf - Virion Lifting him a few centimetres of the ground. He was barely breathing and the strands of his neck seemed ready to snap at any second. 

"Antares, drop him" 

The ancient dragons eyes darted back, his grip on Virion's neck loosened as he sunk to the ground coughing and breathing heavily. Without uttering a single word he went back, his back bending a little as he bowed in front of Jin woo.

Something is definitely wrong here, and he is hiding something despite being a shadow.

Diverting his attention back to to Virion. His gaze fixated at him as a Beru's frame made its way towards Arthur. Tessia shivered at the sight of him but the huge ant ignored her and started healing him. Beru's face twitched after a while.

"My liege there is nothing wrong with him." He said. He felt a frown form on his face.

His eyes burned in a deep shade of purple, his gaze looked back at Virion. His chest heaved up and down haphazardly, his breathing ragged as he continued to cough repeatedly. After a short while, his fits of cough subsided and the beating of his heart

"What did you do to Arthur?" He asked Virion in a neutral tone, trying his best to not let his mana loose and tear apart everything within a couple mile radius. Taking in a deep breath he looked at him with a frown over his face,

"I *cough* merely asked for a duel. The boy was astonishing, keeping up with my every movement. That was until he gripped his sternum. I don't know if you know but the boy has a beast will." Virion paused, his voice shuddered for a second and I saw a visible chill creep up his spine, " Or that's what I think it is. It was like one second he was okay and the other he was like he had gone mad, unable to think. I've never seen such frenzy and chaos even in a grown up man, let alone a child." Virion explained.

Upon hearing his explanation Jin woo hurried towards him and went over to his prone form. Tessia got up and upon seeing him she cast me an apologetic look. There was nothing to apologise for.

"Go, Go to your grandpa." He said in a soft tone, smiling gently at the gun-metal haired girl so as to not scare her. She wiped the tears from her eyes and ran off to Virion. Letting out a deep breath he slid his arms underneath Arthur's legs and picked him up. Turning around he saw Virion standing, facing towards him, his gaze dead set at Antares. 

However, the hostility couldn't outweigh the fear on his face.

"I'll explain everything once Arthur is out of danger." Jin woo said and he nodded in response.

"Can I come too?" Tessia chimed from behind her grandpa's robe, her eyes still red from crying so much. "You can be the first person to visit him when he gets better." He replied. Her expression darkened but was soon replaced with a neutral one.

"Art will be fine. Right?" She asked with confidence but her voice wavered.

"Yeah, I'm sure he will."

—--------------------------------------------------

Putting Arthur down on his bed, he took a seat beside him. His eyes began to glow with a vibrant shade of purple, and he could suddenly see imperfections in the air, inanimate objects, and even people.

Arthur didn't have any flaws in him. However, what he found was way more concerning than a mere flaw. As much as he wanted Arthur to be strong enough to hold his own ground against the enemy in the coming war, this.... Ordeal was unprecedented.

His head hurt from all the speculations he was making- racking his mind over a plausible explanation for whatever was happening to Arthur. Looking at Arthur he muttered,

"Antares' ' Antares's lean tall form appeared, adorned in a lustrous silvery and red armour. "I think it's time you explain things." His bent back stiffened as he bowed his head even more.

"Yes, My King."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 9.3K 63
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
929K 50K 34
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
173K 4.3K 47
TAEKOOK STORY TOP : JUNGKOOK BOTTOM : TAEHYUNG In this story taehyung was purchased by biggest multi billionaire jeon jungkook rude cruel Taehyun...
877K 40.6K 173
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one