Edge of Chaos | Dad's best fr...

By ESjean

After almost losing her father, twenty year old Mya Harrelson decides to move back home to be closer to her f... More

Author's Note *please read*
Playlist
CHARACTERS
One | MYA
Two | Mya
Three | Deacon
Four | Deacon
Five | MYA
Six | DEACON
Seven | Deacon
Eight | MYA
Nine | Mya
Ten | Deacon
Eleven | MYA
Twelve | Mya
Thirteen | Deacon
Fourteen | Mya *smut*
Fifteen | Deacon
Sixteen| MYA
Seventeen | Deacon
Eighteen | Mya
Nineteen | Deacon
Twenty | MYA
Twenty-One | Mya
Twenty-Two | Deacon
Twenty-Three | Mya
Twenty-Four | Mya
Twenty-Five | Deacon
Twenty-Six | Deacon
Twenty-Seven | MYA
Twenty-Eight| DEACON + MYA
Twenty-Nine| Deacon
Thirty| MYA
Thirty-One | Mya
Epilogue | MYA
Edge of Sanity | Characters
Edge of Sanity | Tan | One
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Two
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Three
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Four
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Five
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Seven
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Eight
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Nine
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Ten
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Eleven
Edge of Sanity | Layla| Twelve
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Thirteen
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Fourteen
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Fifteen
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Sixteen

705 32 9
By ESjean

It took everything in me not to chase after Layla. I stare at the door wondering what they could be doing on the other side. Was she holding his hand? Was she smiling at him the way she smiles at me? Was she kissing him?

My blood boils at the thought.

Layla was too innocent for this guy. I knew from the moment I saw him. I knew what kind of man he was. He was the type who knew he was good looking and knew how to use his charm and looks on women to get what he wants. Layla didn't stand a chance.

As her friend, it's my job to protect her even when she doesn't think she needs protecting.

She told me where they were going. Maybe I could-

"Where are you going?" Bonnie's voice is like a bucket of ice down my back, bringing me back to the present. I arch a brow at her only to realize that I moved away from her and was now standing at the door with my hand on the doorknob, ready to chase after someone that wasn't my girlfriend.

Shit. What is wrong with me?

I was just making sure the door was locked." I lied. I make my way back to Bonnie who now has a suspicious gleam in her eyes. I don't blame her. Would I have really gone after Layla? Why did I care so much that she was on a date? I told myself that it was just because she needed protection, but deep down for a reason I wasn't going to dig deeper into, I knew that wasn't the reason. "Come on. Let's finish watch the movie." I tried to pull her back towards the couch but she doesn't budge.

"Tan."

"What's wrong?"

"That's funny, I was getting ready to ask you the same thing." Bonnie replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Is there something going on between you and Layla?"

"What? Of course not! Why would you even think that?"

"Because you've been acting funny ever since she arrived, because it looked like you two were about to kiss when I walked into the room." Sadness fills Bonnie's voice as we stand in the middle of my living room.

It was supposed to be about us today. We've barely been able to see each other with the hours both of us have been putting in for work and so finally we today we both had a some time to spend together. We were both too tired to go out so we decided on a movie at my apartment and everything was going great until I saw Layla in that fucking dress.

She was always beautiful and lately I've been noticing things about her that I didn't notice before. Like how shapely his backside is, how full her lips are and smooth her skin is and all of that was heightened by that damn red dress.

Red like blood.

Red like passion.

Red like fire.

The way the silk material clung to her curves should've been a sin and when she asked me to help zip her up, everything in me, especially my cock screamed at me to rip it off of her instead.

In seconds I could have her on her back whimpering my name as- fuck. You can't go there Tan. I banish the thoughts as soon it comes. I shouldn't be thinking about another woman like that when I have a girlfriend. Especially if that woman is my best friend Layla.

Sweet.

Innocent.

Doe-eyed Layla.

I half expect pink roses to sprout up from the ground and for lollipops for fall from the sky wherever she goes because she's so damn sweet. Nothing like the girls I've dated in the past. Nothing like Bonnie.

Don't get me wrong, Bonnie is great; smart, ambitious, fun and just jadeded enough that I knew I wouldn't taint her as badly as I would Layla.

The things I've seen. The things I've done. The people I've killed. Layla didn't need to be around someone like me, so maybe it was best that she was out with Zane.

"There's nothing going on between me and Layla. She's my friend."

"Your really beautiful friend." Bonnie grumbles as she crosses her arms across her chest.

"Are you jealous Bon?" I wrap my arms around her.

"Maybe a little bit?" She admits sheepishly.

"You have nothing to be jealous about. I promise. I love you. You're my girl." I tell her.

"You promise?"

"I promise." I say before leaning down and kissing her. She melts into my arms the same time she wraps her arms around my neck and I walk us over to the bedroom, hoping like hell it would get mind off the woman who just walked out the door.

***

I SLAMMED my fist against the punching bag, and Deacon grunts and when the bag slammed against his chest, causing him to stumble a few steps back.

"Remember we're just sparring." Deacon warns me, letting go of the punching bag.

It was the middle of the workday and surprisingly things were quiet on the streets of LA. Layla came home late from her date with Zane and I was out the door before I could see her this morning. Besides, the woman I should've been thinking about is Bonnie, but this morning thoughts of Layla and Zane together again, even if it was at work ran through my mind and I needed something to take my frustration out on.

"Sorry," I grunt unwrapping the wraps of my gloves.

"Everything okay?" Deacon asked as he walked over to grab his water bottle from the ground.

"Everything's fine." I angrily take a swig of my own water.

"You sure? Because it doesn't seem like it. You got something on your mind?"

"You know how I told you my friend Layla is back in town?"

"Yeah, the one that's staying with you right?"

"Yeah."

"What about her?"

"She looks... different."

"Different how?" Deacon wonders, his eyebrows dipping downward.

"She's beautiful." I confess. "She's always been beautiful but in a cute way. But now she's gorgeous. I mean like she's the sexiest woman I've ever seen."

"Better not let Bonnie hear you say that." Deacon says.

"I know." I lean against the ring. "I don't know what to do. She's my friend but lately I'm seeing her in a new light."

"I know what you mean. When I first started noticing Mya as a woman and not as my best-friend's daughter, it freaked me out too." Deacon was engaged to Mya, also known as our bosses daughter. She re-entered his life after Hondo had a close to death experience and she decided to move back in town to be closer. She took a job as his live-in Nanny and next thing we knew they were dating and now engaged.  They were the most unlikely couple, but I've never seen Deacon this happy before, even with his first wife.

"So what did you?" I asked, desperate for things to go back to the way they were before.

"Well, I fought it of course." Deacon said

"And we see how great that turned out for you." I smirked.

Deacon smirked. "You're a good guy; you'd never cheat on Bonnie. So just focus on that relationship and everything else work itself out."

"Thanks man."

"No problem."

"Oh, do you think Mya would be okay with me passing her number along to Layla? She's new in town and doesn't have any girl friends."

"Of course not. I'm sure Mya would love another friend. Tell you what, why don't you guys come over for dinner this weekend?" Deacon suggest.

Dinner would be the perfect opportunity for Mya and Layla to meet. They were pretty similar so I had no doubt that they'd get along.

"We'd love to."
--------------
Thank you for reading!
Would appreciate comments!
Do you think Tan is gonna last longer than Deacon did with Mya? Lol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 348 50
He has a heart of stone... but for her he's burn the world. Kieran Diaz has thought about one thing since he was seven years old: killing the man who...
267 80 23
Growing up in a toxic environment, sixteen-year-old Jay Foster has always had psychological problems, coupled with a quick temper. But one night some...
167 0 7
Two families. Two hearts. One forbidden love. One Date. Timing is a funny thing. It can make or break any situation-any relationship. The only thing...
55.5K 1.2K 27
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹, 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼�...