The Lieutenant's Love

By TJLew182

Sage Sloan is the younger sister of Mark Sloan. She grew up with the Shepherd family along with her brother u... More

Cast
A Hard Day's Night
The First Cut Is the Deepest
Winning a Battle, Losing the war
Shake Your Groove Thing
If Tomorrow Never Comes
The Self-Destruct Button
Save Me
Who's Zoomin who?
Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head
Enough is Enough
Make Me Lose Control
Deny, Deny, Deny
Bring the Pain
Into You Like a Train
Something to Talk About
Let It Be
Thanks for the Memories
Much Too Much
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Grandma got run over by a Reindeer
Begin the Beginning
Tell Me Sweet Little Lies
Break on Through
It's the End of the World
As We Know It
Yesterday
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole
Superstition
The Name of the Game
Blues for Sister Someone
Damage Case
17 Seconds
Testing 1-2-3
Didn't We Almost Have it All?
A Change is Gonna Come
Love/Addiction
Let the Truth Sting
The Heart of the Matter
Haunt You Every Day
Kung Fu Fighting
Forever Young
Crash Into Me
Crash Into Me pt 2
Lay Your Hands on Me
Where the Wild Things Are
Piece of My Heart
The Becoming
Losing My Mind
Freedom pt 1
Freedom pt 2
Wedding Bells
Dream a Little Dream
Here Comes the Flood
Brave New World
There's No I in Team

Physical Attraction...Chemical Reaction

1.7K 92 0
By TJLew182

I walked down the hallway. I found Derek.

"Derek," I said.

"Sage, what's up?" Derek asked.

"I need my big brother," I said.

"I just saw Mark he's on his way to check on a patient," Derek said.

"I mean you," I said. I grabbed his arm and we walked into a conference room.

"What's wrong?" Derek asked.

"I want to buy Addison a ring," I said.

"You want to propose? That's awesome. She'd definitely say yes to you. You two are perfect for each other," Derek said.

"Really because we've talked about it but I don't want to make her feel like we're rushing into everything," I said.

"Hey, you and Addison aren't new. Officially you're new but your love for each other isn't a new thing. She loved you when we were married and I know you felt the same way. You've waited 10 years to kiss each other and tell one another how you feel so you're not rushing into things," Derek said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm sure," Derek said.

"What's her ring size?" I asked.

"I'm not sure but I'll call the jewellers in New York. They have it on file," Derek said. "I'll find it and bring it to you,"

"Thank you. You're the best," I said. "I love you," I said kissing his cheek.

"Love you too," Derek said. I walked out. I walked into the resident's locker room with Cristina.

"Morning!" Cristina said.

"Cristina needs me," Meredith said walking away from Izzie over to us.

"I am painting Burke's apartment, so I can stop calling it Burke's apartment," Cristina said. "A happy color. Red, like blood,"

"Or red like a hickey?" Meredith asked looking at me as I started changing into my scrubs. "Someone had a busy night,"

"Morning actually," I said.

"I am on cardio this whole week. One of the benefits of living with the person who makes the schedule," Cristina said.

"I'm on post-op again," Alex said. "Second week in a row. Trade with me,"

"Oh, yeah. No way," Cristina said.

"I was talking to Meredith," Alex said.

"Why? I'm with Hahn," Cristina said.

"Dude, wake up and smell the surgical board," Alex said. 

Timeskip

I was in the pit watching Michael's suture.

"What are you doing down here? You were Hahn's cardio student," Dr Bailey said.

"Cardio and PTSD don't work well together," I said. "Besides Jacob's got his first physio session today and I promised I'd try and make it for him," I said as my pager went off. "That's him," I walked off upstairs. Jacob was sitting in bed. "Hey champ why are we still in bed? You've got a big day today,"

"I don't want to," Jacob said.

"Yesterday you couldn't wait. What happened?" I asked.

"I'm scared," Jacob said. "What if I fall and hurt myself again?" 

"Hey, Dr Torres and I spent hours looking at your scans last night we had every other ortho specialist in this hospital look at the scans and everyone agreed that your legs were ready. We'll take it slow," I said.

"Promise?" Jacob asked.

"I promise," I said.

Timeskip

I found Callie at the coffee cart. 

"Hey, how did Jacob's physio session go?" Callie asked.

"Uh. Not very well. He was scared so we compromised. We got him out of the chair and he did a couple of laps with the supports and then we took him back to his room. He slept it off," I said. "There's something I wanted to talk to you about,"

"Go ahead," Callie said.

"I want to propose to Addison and I need to get her a ring so I was hoping that you could take her out tonight and distract her so that I can go buy her a ring," I said. "Obviously the entire night would be on me," 

"That's amazing. I'm glad you've pulled your finger out of your ass. Of course, I'll take her out tonight," Callie said.

"You Callie Torres are an absolute diamond. Seriously," I said handing the man at the coffee cart money. "That's for Dr Torres' coffee too," 

Timeskip

I walked into the gallery where Mark, Derek and the chief were sitting. I sat beside Derek.

"Did you pick one?" Derek asked. I pulled the ring box out of my pocket. Derek opened the box. "Woah that's a nice ring. Very Addison," Derek said quietly.

"Thank you," I said.

"You're proposing?" Mark asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Way to go kid," Mark said with a smile. "Proud of you," 

"Thanks," I said. "French restaurant?"

"No. She pretended to like those for me. Greek is her thing. It's not romantic but it's your thing," Derek said handing me the ring back.

"Thank you," I said.

Timeskip

I found Addison at the nurses' station.

"Hey you," Addison said.

"Hey. I was wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner with me Thursday evening. I've checked the schedule and we're both off," I said.

"I would love to go out to dinner with you," Addison said.

"Perfect. I got us reservations at the greek restaurant we usually get takeout from," I said.

"Can't wait. I've got surgery but I'll see you tonight," Addison said kissing me.

Timeskip

I was in the resident's changing room. I grabbed the ring box and put it in my pocket.

"You look good," Alex said. I tried fixing my hair. Meredith fixed my hair.

"So what are you doing tonight?" Cristina asked.

"Date night with Addison," I said. "Speaking of which I've got to go meet my date," I walked out. I walked to the attending's lounge. Addison and Callie stood talking.

"I'll leave you two to it," Callie smiled. "Night ladies,"

"Night Torres," I said.

"Night Callie," Addison said. Callie walked out.

"You are gorgeous," I said.

"You don't look bad yourself," Addison said kissing me.

"Shall we get going?" I asked. Addison nodded. I offered her my hand.

Timeskip

Dinner was going well. We'd eaten our mains and were having fun.

"Hey Ads," I said.

"Yes Sage," Addison said.

"There's been something I've been meaning to ask you and I know we've talked about it. But I want to marry you. I wanna watch you walk down the aisle in a beautiful dress," I got down on one knee. "The only future I want is one with you so Addison Forbes Montgomery will you make me the happiest person in the world and marry me?" I asked holding out the ring box with the ring inside it.

"Yes. Of course, I'll marry you," Addison said. I stood up and slid the ring onto her finger. "I love you," 

"I love you too," I said. Addison kissed me. I smiled.

"This ring is beautiful," Addison said. "How did you pull this off?" 

"Your girls' night with Callie when I told you that Karev and I were going to the football we went ring shopping. Derek got me your ring size," I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 9.6K 55
Edit (Eddie) Sousa didn't expect her intern year to go like this. All because she had a one night stand with a very handsome older, sexy man. Now, no...
546K 14.4K 50
i don't really like to talk about iraq {lowercase intended} oc x mark sloan ©olivia simpson 2020
89.7K 3.6K 39
Part 1 of Where We Might End Up Series A familiar face from Derek and Mark's past arrives at Seattle Grace Hospital - a former student, a brother, an...
14.2K 693 9
We could be something special if you wanted. grey's anatomy s1━s10 cristina yang & female oc