The Lieutenant's Love

Av TJLew182

Sage Sloan is the younger sister of Mark Sloan. She grew up with the Shepherd family along with her brother u... Mer

Cast
A Hard Day's Night
The First Cut Is the Deepest
Winning a Battle, Losing the war
Shake Your Groove Thing
If Tomorrow Never Comes
The Self-Destruct Button
Save Me
Who's Zoomin who?
Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head
Enough is Enough
Make Me Lose Control
Deny, Deny, Deny
Bring the Pain
Into You Like a Train
Something to Talk About
Let It Be
Thanks for the Memories
Much Too Much
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Grandma got run over by a Reindeer
Begin the Beginning
Tell Me Sweet Little Lies
Break on Through
It's the End of the World
As We Know It
Yesterday
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole
Superstition
The Name of the Game
Blues for Sister Someone
Damage Case
17 Seconds
Testing 1-2-3
Didn't We Almost Have it All?
Love/Addiction
Let the Truth Sting
The Heart of the Matter
Haunt You Every Day
Kung Fu Fighting
Physical Attraction...Chemical Reaction
Forever Young
Crash Into Me
Crash Into Me pt 2
Lay Your Hands on Me
Where the Wild Things Are
Piece of My Heart
The Becoming
Losing My Mind
Freedom pt 1
Freedom pt 2
Wedding Bells
Dream a Little Dream
Here Comes the Flood
Brave New World
There's No I in Team

A Change is Gonna Come

1.9K 95 1
Av TJLew182

Addison and I were walking around looking at a house to buy. We stood in the backyard.

"I can see us here," Addison said.

"Me too. It needs some work but it's perfect," I said.

"It's perfect," Addison said. I smiled at her wrapping my arm around her waist from behind.

"Ladies, how are we feeling about this property?" Our real estate agent Aidan asked.

"We love it and would like to put an offer down," Addison said.

"Perfect. I'll inform the sellers and keep you informed," Aidan said.

Timeskip

I stood waiting for my interns at the nurses' station when I felt them standing behind me.

"You're late. Now I'm going to talk ridiculously fast so we can get this covered. Rule 1, don't bother sucking up to me. I already hate you. Rule 2, trauma protocols, pagers and phone lists are important. Nurses page you. You will answer at a run. Rule 3 oncalls rooms are for sleeping in. If I'm sleeping do not wake me unless your patient is dying. Rule 4 your dying patient better not be dead when I get there. Rule 5 if my pager goes and I'm running you'd better be right behind me. Oh, and rule 6 is to keep the nurses happy. Be respectful or they will make your life hell then I'll make your life hell. Do we understand the rules?" I asked.

"Yes," The four interns said.

"Good. Now as interns, you're at the bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, you write orders, you work every second night until you drop, and you don't complain," I said.

Timeskip

I was in the ER with my interns.

"The ER can get busy fast. So discharge or admit quickly and correctly," I said flicking through charts. "Okay, beds 2 and 8 need sutures. Dr Michaels and Dr Maxwell you're on sutures. Dr Riley and Dr Mills we're going to meet the ambulances. Everyone clear?" I asked.

"Yes," The four interns said. Michaels and Maxwell went to the assigned beds and began with sutures. Riley, Mills and I joined the others waiting for the ambulances with the MVCs. Ambulances pulled in.

"Riley, Mills let's go," I said heading to the first ambulance. We opened the doors.

"Abby Morgans. 19-year-old restrained passenger. Head lac, complaining of pain on the left-hand side of her body," The ambulance driver said.

"Okay, Abby. Let's get you inside and checked out," I said. We wheeled her inside.

"I'm pregnant," Abby said quietly.

Timeskip

I was with Abby. Derek was checking her over while we were waiting for her films.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Abby said. Dr Mills handed me a bowl just in time as Abby threw up. I pulled her hair back.

"It's alright. Let it all up," I said. Abby sat up and I handed her a paper towel to wipe her mouth.

"I want her to have a head CT," Derek said.

"Dr Sloan, my vision is going blurry," Abby said.

"Her feet look bigger," Dr Riley said.

"Vomiting, blurry vision, swelling of feet," I listed off. "Abby, how pregnant are you?"

"24 weeks tomorrow," Abby said.

"Page Addison Montgomery," I said to Dr Maxwell.

"Pre-eclampsia?" Derek asked.

"I think so," I said. "Page Callie Torres too," I said to Dr Riley.

"Am I going to be okay?" Abby asked.

"We're a little worried about your baby right now but we've got you and your baby alright," I said.

Timeskip
Callie was looking at Abby's films while Addison was performing an ultrasound.

"Abby, I'm going to have to reset your knee but for now I'm just going to stop you from moving it," Callie said.

"I'm okay?" Abby asked.

"Aside from your knee you're okay in my department," Callie said.

"My baby?" Abby asked.

"Babies," Addison corrected looking at the ultrasound. "Abby, you're experiencing pre-eclampsia,"

"Okay how do you fix it?" Abby asked.

"Interns. What's our treatment plan?" I asked.

"The only option with pre-eclampsia is to deliver," Dr Maxwell said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Pre-eclampsia only lasts while you're pregnant," Dr Maxwell said.

"Correct," Addison said. "Abby,I'm going to take you up to surgery so we can deliver your babies,"

"I was planning on giving them up for adoption. It's too early," Abby said.

"Hey Abby. I'm Dr Maxwell. I know it's scary but let's focus on getting those babies out of you and then we can figure out the rest," Dr Maxwell said.

"No. It's too early," Abby said.

"Yeah it's early but these babies have made your vision blurry. You've been vomiting and we need to help you by delivering these babies," Dr Maxwell said.

"Dr Montgomery is very good at this. You're in very good hands," I said. "She's got you Abby,"

"You've got me?" Abby asked.

"I've got you," Addison said.

"Okay," Abby said.

"Alright. Dr Maxwell is going to run some pre-op labs and then we're going to get you into surgery," Addison said.

"Okay," Abby said.

"Dr Riley, book an OR," I said. "Dr Mills and Dr Michaels go back to sutures. Dr Riley will join you when he's done," I said. The three interns left.

"Dr Sloan what about me?" Dr Maxwell asked. I looked at Addison. She nodded.

"You're going to be joining Dr Montgomery and me in surgery," I said.

"Really?" Dr Maxwell asked.

"Get those labs done or none of us will be in that OR," I said walking out. Addison walked out behind me.

"He seems talented," Addison said.

"Webber told me I'd be having a vet in my group. I think it's him," I said.

"It's nice to have you back in those scrubs but your army uniform isn't a bad look," Addison said.

"It's good to be back," I said. We stood at the nurses' station. Riley, Mills, and Michaels walked over.

"Dr Sloan, all the remaining victims have been treated," Riley said.

"Okay then you can observe the surgery," I said.

Timeskip

I was in surgery with Addison and Dr Maxwell. Addison handed the first baby to Dr Maxwell.

"Dr Sloan, come here," Addison said. I stepped forward. The second baby was a greyish colour. She shook her head. I took the baby just like Dr Maxwell did and wrapped the tiny baby in a blanket.

"Abby, I'm sorry but your baby girl was born stillborn. There's nothing we can do for her but your baby boy he's doing okay. Would you like to see him before he goes up to the NICU?" I asked.

"No. Please. Just take him away," Abby said. Peds took the baby away and Abby was taken back to her room.

Timeskip

I was in the NICU with Dr Maxwell keeping an eye on Abby Morgan's baby.

"What's going to happen to him now?" Dr Maxwell asked.

"We wait until he's healthy enough to leave the incubator and then once he's fit enough to leave he'll end up in the foster system where hopefully he finds a family," I said writing in the chart. "Go grab a coffee. I'll page you if anything happens," I said.

"Thank you Dr Sloan," Dr Maxwell walked away. Addison walked over with Dr Bailey. Addison handed me a coffee.

"You've got the intern to watch," Dr Bailey said.

"Yep," I said.

"I never asked how you got top of the intern class after missing 4 months," Dr Bailey said.

"80-hour work weeks don't exist in Iraq. I learned more because I worked more," I said. "And insomnia is an interns best friend,"

"Iraq teach you to take a hit without hitting back?" Dr Bailey asked. "No repeat of loyalties?"

"I've always been able to take a hit without hitting back but sometimes hitting back is the fun of it," I said. "But I won't get punched out in a locker room. My shrink would call that progress,"

"What goes on in your head?" Dr Bailey asked.

"You don't wanna know," Addison said.

"You're right I don't," Dr Bailey said before walking away. Addison looked around to make sure we were alone and sat on my lap. Her arms wrapped around my neck while I wrapped an arm around her waist. We sat in comfortable silence.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

13.8K 450 20
In which Y/n Sloan joins her brother Seattle Grace. She meets someone who makes her heart flutter every time she exists too close to her. Will they m...
5.1K 138 13
Addison Montgomery had a daughter, Maddie. She went through a hard time and ending up giving up her daughter when she was little. She always regrette...
14.3K 697 9
We could be something special if you wanted. grey's anatomy s1━s10 cristina yang & female oc
82.9K 1.5K 125
You are Y/n Sloan, little sister of Mark Sloan. You are 26 years old and have been in the army helping out doctors as you wanted to help others after...