Dangerously Attached

By ishaniquewrites

"Ye mon. Not even air itself cah come between we. Memba dat." ********************* Karissa Kizeah Thomas' li... More

The Protagonist
Chapter 1: 'Faith'
Chapter 2: 'Eye Contact'
Chapter 3: 'VVIP'
Chapter 4: 'Seastone'
Chapter 5: 'Small World'
Chapter 6: 'Phone Call'
Chapter 7: 'Promise'
Chapter 8: 'Speed'
Chapter 9: 'Petty'
Chapter 10: 'Ghost'
Chapter 11: 'Adoration'
Chapter 12: 'Truth'
Chapter 13: 'Celebrity'
Chapter 14: 'Reassurance'
Chapter 15: 'Test Run'
Chapter 16: 'Surprise'
Chapter 17: 'Life's Good'
Chapter 18: 'High'
Chapter 19: 'Weekend'
Chapter 20: 'Curious'
Chapter 21: 'Thrill'
Chapter 22: 'Independent'
Chapter 23: 'Bruk Week'
Chapter 24: 'Shenanigans 1/2'
Chapter 25: 'Shenanigans 2/2'
Chapter 26: 'Paradise'
Chapter 27: 'Moonlight'
Chapter 28: 'Kind Gesture'
Chapter 29: 'Big Meech'
Chapter 30: 'Report'
Chapter 31: 'Dark'
Chapter 32: 'Slavery'
Chapter 33: 'Greetings'
Chapter 34: 'Judge'
Chapter 35: 'Sh!t Sweet'
Chapter 36: 'Night Rave'
Chapter 37: 'Deja Vu'
Chapter 38: 'Bet'
Chapter 39: 'Good News'
Chapter 40: 'Easter Eatings'
Chapter 41: 'Changes'
Chapter 42: 'Try For Us'
Chapter 43: 'Page'
Chapter 44: 'Portmore'
Chapter 45: 'Past'
Chapter 46: 'FriendTrip'
Chapter 47: 'Happy Ones'
Chapter 48: 'Old ways'
Chapter 49: 'Grand Opening'
Chapter 50: 'U.A.T.W'
Chapter 51: 'Career'
Chapter 52: 'Caught'
Chapter 53: 'Growth'
Chapter 54: 'Shopping'
Chapter 55: 'Earth Strong'
Chapter 57: 'DYT' (revised)
Chapter 58: 'Decade' (revised)
Chapter 59: 'It's a...'
Chapter 60: 'Grace'

Chapter 56: 'Square One'

4.4K 490 244
By ishaniquewrites

• 𝑲𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂 𝑲𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽 •
|| 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟏𝟒 @ 𝟒:𝟑𝟖𝐩𝐦 ||

***

As a new makeup artist, I have had the privilege of enhancing the natural beauty of countless individuals, each with their own unique features and personal style.

Through these collaborations, I have not only established a professional relationship with these influencers but also forged friendly bonds that have extended beyond the makeup chair. 

Today, I'm working to perfect the complexion of Nicki's face, from Nicki and Klyne, which are one of the most well-known and highly followed influencers in the Jamaican youtube industry.

As I meticulously blended the foundation onto Nicki's skin, I smiled with satisfaction. The transformation was already beginning to take shape, and I could see the confidence radiating from Nicki's face.

I glanced over at Tali, who is busy working on enhancing Lisa's beauty with a soft glam.

Proud a me law-law cah done!

Lisa had mentioned earlier that she's attending the party at Seastone tonight and wanted to be at her best for the event.

With my full attention on Nicki, I carefully applied the finishing touches to her makeup, making sure that every detail was just right. I blended, contoured, and highlighted her features, taking care to enhance her natural beauty and bring out her best features.

As I approached the final step, I picked up the setting spray from the nearby table and instructed Nicki to close her eyes. Without hesitation, she obediently followed my directions, folding her eyelids and scrunching her eyes tightly shut.

I giggled, "A weh yaa tighten uh eye dem so fah?"

Nicki burst out laughing, "Aye! Me cah bada wid you enuh. The liquid always cold that's why."

I gave her a teethy grin, "Come miss make me spray dis pon yuh face. Nuh want Klyne cuss me say a me make yuh late."

With a steady hand, I lightly misted the setting spray over her face, ensuring an even coverage. The fine mist settled onto her skin, setting the makeup in place. Afterward, I handed her the handheld fan to help dry her face and she took it from my hold and held it inches away from her face, a wide smile spreading across her face as she took in her reflection in the mirror.

"Waaii me love dis. The strike a blue just! Me deven know wah fi say. Yuh bad it up sista gyal."

As I waited for the makeup to fully dry, I picked up my camera and maneuvered to the camera application. Moments after I took the fan from her hold and politely asked if she would mind posing for a photo. She agreed eagerly, striking a pose and smiling brightly for the camera.

I snapped several pictures, capturing the essence of Nicki's confidence and beauty, and my hard work.

I showed her the pictures I had taken and asked her to choose her favorites. She meticulously went through each one, selecting the shots that she liked the best. Nicki went through the pictures I had taken and pointed out two that she wasn't particularly fond of.

With a laugh, she explained that they were blurry and didn't do justice to her stunning look. I promptly deleted the photos she had selected and we both shared a chuckle.

Once she was happy with the final selection, Nicki reached for her wallet and paid me for my services. I gratefully accepted her payment and thanked her for the opportunity to work with her.

Placing the cash in my handbag, I heard a buzzing sound coming from the door. I buzzed the door open to let in Klyne and Nicki hopped off the chair.

"Yuh done now? A you me just did ago come check pon enuh" Klyne stated before he greeted us, his tone friendly and jovial. Tali, Lisa, and I returned the greeting.

"A weh yaa hawk me dung suh fah and ye me ready. Later Karissa and Talia." Nicki stated, and I giggle at their dynamic. With a smile, I buzzed the door open for them once again and wished them a fantastic evening ahead.

Exhausted from a day of enhancing the beauty of several clients, I finally took a moment to relax and refuel. I settled into my chair and indulged in the meal that I had prepared earlier that morning.

Kairon woulda cuss me if him find out say me just a eat dis.

As I savored the delicious flavors, I watched Talia add the finishing touches to Lisa's makeup, bringing out her natural beauty with expert precision.

Swallowing the food, I felt playful and decided to tease Lisa, who was now fully dolled up and looking stunning. With a mischievous grin, I playfully declared, "Watch di doll. Smaddy man gone tonight enuh."

She burst out laughing and paid Talia, stealing a glance in the mirror, "Thanks again Tali. Make me come go home and go get ready yaa.. affi make a big food tonight."

I flashed a warm smile at Lisa as she gathered her things to leave. I buzzed the door open for her and she bid us goodbyes, giving us a friendly wave before stepping out.

Talia placed the money in her jeans pocket and took a sip of my water.

"Yuh look tired." I stated, watching her as she corked the bottle and place it back on my desk.

"Better believe it. Me a come call Hakeem now fi come pick me up cause Dontae a come a town fi carry me out tonight."

I stopped scooping the rice in my plate to look at her, "A weh yuh nah say. Hakeem know?"

"Yeah him know. After him cah say nothing to me."

"Sorry missis. Make sure yuh call me though when yaa leave so me can know say yuh safe." I told her, placing the fork of food into my mouth.

She smiled at me and told me okay, dialing Hakeem's number and placed it on speaker.

"Hello? Hakeem come pick me up a Rissa salon nuh. Memba say me a go bout me business tonight." She whined, picking at her finger tails.

"Natalia i am no where near Sis salon. Yaffi go wait till me done." He stated and her lips twitched into a scorn,

"Done do wah?"

The line was silent after Talia's question and I burst into laughter, unable to contain my amusement. My chuckles grew louder and soon, tears began to form in my eyes from the intensity of my mirth.

A how Hakeem nasty and stay suh!

"Rissa doh laugh. Come offa me phone crawsis. Hope uh hood drop off ina her."

She clicked the red button to hang up the call and i continued eating as my laughter died down.

"A true yuh deven know how me fed up wid him. Just a save fimmie own till me get me own place. God see and know." She stated, clicking on the In Drive app so they could drop her home.

"Hush mama. A so eh go morewhile." I told her, giggling in between, and placed the dish cover over my plate. I then reached for my bottle of water and took a long sip of it, feeling the cool liquid refresh my throat. Afterward, I picked up my phone and checked the notifications bar, seeing several messages from Kairon.

I unlocked my phone with my face ID and opened them up to read.

Baby Daddy😝❤️: Just cut from Acura enuh. Yuh wah smth fi eat?

Baby Daddy😝❤️: Babes

Baby Daddy😝❤️: Yuh goodly busy so me just ago stop a Ming Cuisine and done. Soon forward a yuh place

I smiled at his messages and responded to them.

Me: Sorry, me did a do one client face. And yeah ming cuisine is okay. Thank you baby❤️

I exited the chat and looked over at Talia who, despite her obvious frustration with her brother and the delay of her InDrive driver, still managed to look stunning.

I snap a picture of her and she squint her eyes at me playfully.

"Chro. Yuh nuh take nothing serious enuh." She stated and i giggled, sending the picture to her on Imessage. Her phone pinged and she looked at the picture, shaking her head.

We brought up a random conversation to pass the time until her phone rang and her InDrive driver told her that he's outside. She quickly gathered her belongings and hugged me goodbye, telling me she'll see me later.

I smiled and watched as she made her way out, then rock my chair side to side, using my phone to occupy my time.

Moments after scrolling through my twitter feed and watching Netflix, the salon door buzzed and i lifted my up quickly, thinking it was Kairon.

But it was actually Matthew.

Over the course of the past few weeks, I have had the opportunity to get to know Matthew, forming a bond that has grown into a friendship.

I buzzed the door open for him, and he smiled, greeting me and taking a seat on the nearby chair.

"Sup?" He asked, glacing at my hand that's rested on my baby bump.

"Tired. You?"

"Deh ya enuh. Just take a break yuh zeet." He said, offering a warm smile.

Our conversation flowed easily, with natural ease, as we laughed, shared jokes, and found common ground in our interests and experiences.

𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐰 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫
|| 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟏𝟒 @ 𝟓:𝟑𝟏𝐩𝐦 ||

***

"Why yuh did affi say it suh?" She asked, unable to stop laughing and wiping away tears.

"So yuh want me lie?" I retorted, joining in on her laughter while directing my attention towards the glass door.

Thats when i saw Kairon McNabb, stepping out of his car and retrieving something from the passenger seat. My previously cheerful demeanor dissipated in an instant, and I glanced over at Karissa, who was now absorbed in her phone.

I stood up from the stool and walked over to her, standing in front of her.

"A wah? Weh yaa do?" She asked with a confused smile on her face.

"So me cah look pon yuh again?" I asked, brushing her hair to the side, leaning down to kiss her.

Karissa suddenly grew uneasy, quickly pushing my hand away and placing it on my side.

I chuckled and stepped back, observing as she locked eyes with her "boyfriend" and appeared completely bewildered.

After glancing back and forth between us, she eventually pressed the button to grant him entry.

• 𝑲𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂 𝑲𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽 •
|| 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟏𝟒 @ 𝟓:𝟑𝟖𝐩𝐦 ||

***

As Kairon's heavy footsteps echoed through the salon, his tense body language and furrowed brow made it clear that he was seething with anger. The air seemed to grow heavy with his palpable anger, and I could practically feel the heat radiating off him.

My heart felt like it was about to burst out of my chest, and I struggled to find the right words to explain the situation since the awkwardness of our position was suddenly all too apparent.

Smaddy fist me ina me side right now! How me fool suh?

I should've known this nigga didn't want a genuine friendship.

"Kairon." I uttered, and he glared at me.

"Yow wull dis and nuh say nothing to me Bredgin." He stated, shoving the take-out box toward me. I instinctively took it from his grasp and stayed silent, resting the box on the table.

He turn to face Matthew, scrounging his eyebrows at him, "Nuh you a di ute weh did email me wah day bout collaboration. So true me decline yuh offer yuh choose fi personally collab wid me baby mada."

Matthew chuckled, muttering something under his breath about karma before glance at me with a humourous smile. I averted my gaze from him, and stood up, strolling to Kairon.

"Kairon listen nuh! I swear that we aren't anything but associates. A him stand up in-front a me cause him see you for God knows what" I told him truthfully, tears forming in my eyes as i knew this would be an argument arising.

I turn to face Matthew, wiping my face that is soaked with tears, "Yuh stand up desso a laugh like something funny. Come outta me place."

He stood there for a second as if i was speaking gibberish before shaking his head and stepped out of my salon, stealing a glance at me again before he's no longer in my sight.

"Smart decision fi nuh make him breeze ketch me." Kairon said before he turn his gaze to me and looked down at me.

I sniffled, folding my arms and caressing it.

"Yow make me tell yuh dis mon. Start pack up uh bloodclaat tings dem. Me ago ina the car a wait and nuh make me blink twice and yuh nuh in deh." He stated, before marching out of my salon and slammed the door, almost breaking the glass.

I stood in the same stance for a while as tears trickled down my face. I then briskly cleared my salon, ensuring that it was clean, before grabbing my belongings and marching out of the salon, locking the door.

Strolling to Kairon's car, i stared at him through the windshield, maintaining eye contact with him and composing my self.

I hopped in the vehicle and strapped my seatbelt, speaking immediately about what happened.

Kairon didn't respond to my rant, driving in silence to our home.

—————————

Upon the arrival of our home, Kairon put the car in park and turned off the engine, promptly exiting the vehicle.

I trailed closely behind him as we made our way through the hall of our home, watching as he tossed his brief case on the couch and gave me the silent treatment, marching upstairs.

"Kairon we never do nothing enuh. Just listen to me nuh." I told him, and paused in his tracke.

"So why him so comfortable wid yuh Karissa? Weh- Yow. Better me deven bother say nothing. A true a respect make me nuh tell uh fuck off enuh mon.

Mussi feel me a make no ute take me 3 points dis time cause a yuh" He spat before he continued walking up the staircase.

"How me ago make man take yuh 3 points? Kairon!" I called and he didn't look back to respond to my question.

I let out an exasperated sigh and took a seat on the couch, turning on the television to eat my food.

Nah make dis stress me nor my baby.

I rested my face on my palm, picking at the food while i watched netflix .

Kairon then strolled down the staircase and went to the refrigerator to take out a bottle of water.

"You can take out one for me please." I asked, and he glanced at me before proceeding to do so.

He took the water bottle out of the refrigerator and handed it to me, without making eye contact.

I told him thank you regardless and he nodded in acknowledgment, taking his food from off the counter and marching upstairs again.

When i was finished eating, i went upstairs to our bedroom and saw the balcony door opened. I decided not to provoke him anymore with my explanations and went to take a shower, then went back in the room to watch a movie.

Laying on my back in the bed, i focused my attention on the television, until Kairon stepped into the room, coming from the balcony.

I scrounged my eyebrows at him, wondering when he had changed into an outfit that seems as if he's going out.

"Weh yaa go?" I asked, sitting up right on the bed, watching as he sprayed on cologne and picked up his Urus key.

I hopped off the bed and stood up infront of him when he started to walk toward the door.

"Kairon doh play wid me ina the evening. Mi seh weh yaa go?"

He looked down at me, and placed his hands in his pocket, "Me did question yuh when yuh did ina uh salon wid man weh ME a pay rent monthly fah? Yow just easy yuhself and nuh make me get dawk ina dis mon."

"Doh tell me fi fucking easy Kairon. Yuh know damn well say me wouldn't cheat pon yuh and yuh deh here so a blow this outta proportion."

Kairon hissed his teeth and stepped passed me and i walked backwards and pushed his chest.

"Karissa buil nuh bredgin. Me a go pon di road."

"Yuh nah go no where." I told him, grabbing the key from out of his hand and sailing it somewhere in the room.

He looked behind him, scanning the room with his eyes before chuckling, "Yuh figet say a 11 other cars downstairs right?".

"And me will buss up the whole a dem wheel. Play wid me!" I exclaimed, daring him to leave the house, "Only way yaggo be able fi leff dah house yah a if me bloodclaat nuh deh yah"

He quirked an eyebrow, tilting his head to the side, "If yav somewhere fi go yuh can gwaan enuh. Nah wull uh back cause a clown yuh take man fah."

I stared at him dumbfounded and started to scream with my voice breaking, "Kairon what? Yuh not even a gimmie a chance fi explain and when i do yuh nuh believe me. You said it was us against the world"

"Just a make yuh know a ting enuh." He shrugged.

I looked side to side, scoffing with disbelief. I then stepped out of the way, with my arms folded, "Gwaan bout yuh business dawg. But just know say if yuh step through dah door deh me a gah me yaad!"

He gave me a once over, furrowing his eyebrows and shaking his head in disapproval before turning the doorknob and leaving.

This should've have hurt the way it did.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I gazed at the open door. I hastily brushed them away, then marched over to the dresser and began packing my things.

Like him nae tek me serious! Ah watch dis!

As I opened the dresser drawers and started shoving some clothes into my bags to return to my apartment, my mind raced with thoughts of starting over from scratch— to start from square one.

*************************************************
If you haven't voted on the previous chapters, please go ahead and do so❤️ thank you lovelies

and me ago sleep wid one eye open tonight🤣look how me stir up problems after me just bring peace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.3K 5.6K 33
"No secret ever stays a secret, Malikai." I breathed. "We've never tried keeping one just between us, so how will we know we wouldn't do a better job...
272K 25.1K 53
[Heated Romance #1] June has long since been in an uncoordinated tango with life. Trying to remain standing on her two feet, June is twirled into the...
362K 30.3K 54
" She's a woman of great beauty on the outside and this intrigued me to know what's on the inside." - Set against the backdrop of Jamaica, "TINT" by...
247K 1.8K 18
Izuku is heading to America to hangout with his Father who he hasnt seen in a long time. While he is gone Class 1-A finds his music and decide to lis...