Siren's Call

By Kheinnox

have you ever wondered whats the view beyond the lenses? although im singing my heart out to someone who coul... More

Preview
Prologue
I. PIGGYBANK
II. FEAR
III. CONTROL
IV. UNCERTAINTY
V. GOSSIP
VI. RIGHTS
VII. ISSUE
VIII. DRAMA
IX. HEART
X. BITE
XI. INTENSITY
XII. FLESH
XIV. BOIL
XV. TAIL
XVI. CYNICAL
XVII. DAD
XVIII. MOM
XIX. BREED
XX. CRUX
XXI. CORE AND BLISS
XXII. UNPRECEDENTED
XXIII. CAME AND LOST
XXIV. SEA
XXV. STROKE AND TURN
XXVI. CALL
XXVII. SONG
XXVIII. PEACE IN PAIN
XXIX. CLEAR
XXX. LOVE
Epilogue 1 Mercy
Epilogue 2 Sea

XIII. PAIN

558 38 6
By Kheinnox

nhu pov

huh?

where am i?

oh

right

penthouse

i tried to sit up but the soreness that i felt sky rocketed. i was in pain all over especially on my behind. my arms were littered with bites and spots, i could pass as someone who was mauled by a dog.

well

i was

and it was a big one

with red ruby beautiful eyes at that

aurgh!

i cant believe that it was me that time. that i could say things like that considering it was my first time.

aurgh!

sheets swallow me!

bury me in your depths so that i could no longer remember my lewdness and perversion towards that person now that i could call my own.

"nhu?"

i gasped as i heard arius raspy whispered voice.

"whats wrong?" i felt my side of the bed dipped.

"im embarassed." i gargled inside the thick sheet of the blanket. i was already in pyjamas and was not sticky anywhere. maybe he had wiped me or even bathe me, i dont really remember.

"what? i cant hear you. i know im a vampire but that one... i couldnt catch." i tried to wriggle and swat the blanket away from my head but found it heavy. that stud trapped me under him.

"cant... breathe.... let... go!" i struggled. damn the pain in my ass, this beautiful man was nowhere near that annoying.

i heard him giggle.

as i emerged from the blanket, he smiled at me. its beautiful.

"you okay? howre you feeling?"

"you really want to ask me that? well, im fine like i was wrecked by a train with a double whammy of a whale." i said to him jokingly but the concern in his eyes made me retreat. "im joking. im fine. just a little sore but..." i pulled up my arm and made him see, "you really did your art here mr. kirigun."

"you should see yourself in the mirror mr. kirigun. youre the finest art that i could ever have." he said and i was confused.

"huh?"

"you and i are practically and technically married now, sir nhu kirigun. want to see yourself?" arius helped me up but my knees buckled under me. i cant feel my legs for now but what startled me more was the intensity of my gaze and movements. its as if i was floating. im dizzy.

"whats happening?" i asked.

"ive consulted with rin so that i could talk with granny. ive got results and sated my worry with it." arius carried me bridal style and sat me by the counter... ouch... which i could see myself thru a full body mirror across it. i have multiple bite marks on my neck. i touched it and heard myself hiss in pain. its throbbing.

"my venom made it a bit stingy for a while but your body will heal it up on its own for a few days. dont worry about it."

"venom?"

"yeah, to claim you as my own."

"will i turn?"

"from what granny said, it depends on your blood. since you were casted away from the sea, you had lived among humans all your life. we dont know who your real parents are but apparently you got more human blood than that of the mer-folk. only certain characteristics remain of your kind in you, like your toenails and your inner physique."

"what do you mean?" i was still awestruck by what i see in the mirror. i was literally glowing. not bright glowing but radiating. my eyes turned cerulean blue and my nails as well. i havent noticed before since i was distracted by the pain in my butt but now that i was under the bright light, i looked like a doll. i couldnt find any more specific to describe it but as such.

"i mean you could still have your tail if you want to but it might be abrupt and would not last long. for the other stuff, well see if it really will occur."

"the what, arius? its my body, please do tell." i was so stunned by what hes talking about as well as my appearance that everything that hes been spouting out made no sense. but seeing is believing is what they said, well, here i am blue eyed.

"nhu, did you know that some sea creature bears children even though theyre male? well apparently youre kind bears the same unique trait since your kind was not in abundance in population. that is based on what granny said."

"you mean..."

"just maybe... we still dont know if we could but if ever so... well be happy if not, well still be happy, right?"

i hugged arius. i dont know how would i ever known about this if it were not for him. im actually a mer-folk. thats why my voice resonates to people. thats why i felt so alone which was i really was. i dont know if i have anyone like me in this place but whatever happened i dont want arius to get away from me. he tagged me. he claimed me. hes mine. my own.

"my venom gave rise to your traits, i hope youre not angry."

"why would i be angry?"

"well ive bitten you without your consent."

"well, im not the one to complain since i wanted it." i smiled brightly at him.

"thank you nhu." he caressed my face in adoration.

"i love you." i said in resignation.

"and i love you, too."

im not really fully awake to soak up all of what he said to me that day in the bathroom but one thing is for sure, im about to venture outside looking like this. anew. untethered. unbothered.

i dont want to dwell on the negatives anymore but what i had heard made my blood boil. image or not, celebrity or not, my man is my own. claim him as your own, youre gonna eat my claw.

----------->>>>>

arius pov

2 weeks had passed and i was still in a daze. my days with nhu was interesting enough to forget the world outside.

after that talk in the bathroom, a couple of days after that, i presented nhu our customized rings. the same ones i picked up that day in the mall. he cried all over but just as then he offered his hand to let me put on our rings. in turn he did the same on me.

im looking at my ring and was startled by a sudden knock on my office door. i was not expecting anyone today except nhu, hes welcome anytime actually, and hes been running late already since his messaged me earlier that hell come by in 10 minutes time.

since no ones entering after that knock, i stood up and opened it my self. as soon as door opened, i heard a resounding slap from across the hall.

"keep your hands to yourself if you know whats right for you!" i heard nhu yell.

"what the hell is happening here?" i said pacing fast from my own office to where they are. it was a lady which i assume was nhu's adoptive sister and nhu himself. the lady was clutching her face but i saw clearly that she was nowhere near tearing up until i was near enough and acted as if shes the victim.

ah

i know whats going on. thisll be amusing.

"nhu, are you okay?" i went straight to my singer whos now fuming red in anger, his eyes which he left as is despite the surprise of many was seething in disgust for the lady before us.

"im okay. dont touch me." he said. its the first time he said those words to me but i know for a fact that he doesnt mean it that way. i guess i shouldnt cross his path now that hes like this. i stood a foot away from him.

"sir... sir you saw what he did to me? his own sister... slapping me like this publicly. i only wanted to know where hes been staying and why hes not giving our parents money for support. is it a bad thing to ask?" she wailed and was now gathering office workers around us.

i looked at nhu and saw him raised an eyebrow at her. yup, shes not lying persay but shes been leaving some details.

"what else? say it!" nhu shouted.

"whats there to say?" she run up to me and trying to hide behind me and grabbing a bit of my sleeve as if im going to protect her from my own lover. i scooted over away from her but she just followed through.

i looked up at nhu and there i was frozen by the sting on his eyes. i dare not cross him.. ever.

"i know youre not doing anything wrong but would you please get out of my way so that i can do whatever i want with her?." nhu said through gritting teeth. well, it seems its because of me that he slapped his sister by the way hes been boiling in anger.

"sure." amusingly, i stepped out of the way and surprisingly, nhu grabbed her sisters hair and pulled her in my office.

but no.

the public started to witness this, it should be finished in public too. otherwise, the company will be in danger of gossip about being one sided.

i stopped them from going anywhere. i dont want to do this when nhu is like this but he had to understand that this is also for him.

"nhu please. i know that this is a family problem but you both had started this with them gawking at every word you both said. you should finish it here where they see and not in there where you could drag the company in your issue. i know that this is your own battle to finish and im giving you that opportunity, nhu. please." i said whispering to him.

"yeah youre right. sorry." he let go of his sisters hair and the lady actually stumbled over as if she was thrown. the nerve of this woman.

"i know you know the very reason i slapped you woman. this man is mine and your pathetic family, is all yours. better tell mom that i know everything and if she doesnt want to lose her circle of friends, she better live their lives honestly and kindly. that goes for you as well. bye." nhu said loudly aiming to everyone who witness to hear his every word.

the way he claimed me to the world, i could only widen my eyes in surprise.

nhu walked away and entered my office without being bothered by the crowd. they might be surprised by his sudden change of attitude. i know i cant control the desire of everyone here but i need to do damage control.

"okay, everyone. if you want to post this event please make sure i cant trace you otherwise youre fired and you know that if youre fired from my company, its most likely you wont ever find any job that would accommodate you. you young lady, expect nothing from me because i will never be yours. got it?" with that i walked away and into my office where the love of my life awaits still fuming in anger and jealousy. i wonder how would i appease him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 342 22
"Apres chaque conte de fée, il y a une fin indésitive, un destin a parcourir. Au delá des flames, des Océans déchaines, j'ai sombré dans le noir. A c...
197 29 17
"He is their! I can see him!!" "It's just your imagination Yerim! Stay away from him! He is.. dead." "I like u..." "This world is cruel! Let me take...
8.4K 514 30
Ⓐⓓⓥⓐⓝⓒⓔ ⓘⓝⓕⓞ: This is the first part of five about a mafia story based on a book by Willow Winters. Her story is about Dom and Becca. It is replaced...
4.2K 162 82
« Alright, guys ? What do you think about past life and reincarnations ? » Dean was taken aback by Win's word toward his two friends. Who would ask s...