The Lieutenant's Love

By TJLew182

Sage Sloan is the younger sister of Mark Sloan. She grew up with the Shepherd family along with her brother u... More

Cast
A Hard Day's Night
The First Cut Is the Deepest
Winning a Battle, Losing the war
Shake Your Groove Thing
If Tomorrow Never Comes
The Self-Destruct Button
Save Me
Who's Zoomin who?
Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head
Enough is Enough
Make Me Lose Control
Deny, Deny, Deny
Bring the Pain
Into You Like a Train
Something to Talk About
Let It Be
Thanks for the Memories
Much Too Much
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Grandma got run over by a Reindeer
Begin the Beginning
Tell Me Sweet Little Lies
Break on Through
It's the End of the World
As We Know It
Yesterday
Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole
Superstition
The Name of the Game
Blues for Sister Someone
Damage Case
17 Seconds
Testing 1-2-3
Didn't We Almost Have it All?
A Change is Gonna Come
Love/Addiction
Let the Truth Sting
The Heart of the Matter
Haunt You Every Day
Kung Fu Fighting
Physical Attraction...Chemical Reaction
Forever Young
Crash Into Me
Crash Into Me pt 2
Lay Your Hands on Me
Where the Wild Things Are
Piece of My Heart
The Becoming
Losing My Mind
Freedom pt 1
Freedom pt 2
Wedding Bells
Dream a Little Dream
Here Comes the Flood
Brave New World
There's No I in Team

What Have I Done to Deserve This?

2.7K 117 0
By TJLew182

I was in the kitchen making breakfast for Addison while she was getting dressed for work.

"Big day today," Addison said. It was my hearing in court.

"Yep," I said. "Pancakes, bacon and eggs," I said sliding the plate across the counter.

"I can come with you today. If you need me there," Addison said.

"I'll be okay," I said. "But I should get going," I said. Addison kissed me.

"Good luck. I love you," Addison said.

"I love you too," I said.

Timeskip

We had completed opening statements. The prosecution called their first witness.

"Your honour we'd like to call Dr Miranda Bailey to the stand," Rivers said. Dr Bailey walked to the stand and was sworn in. "Dr Bailey please can you tell the court your relationship with Miss Sloan?"

"I'm Dr Sloan's resident," Dr Bailey said.

"For those of us not in medical school or training to be doctors please explain to the court what that means," Rivers said.

"I am Dr Sloan's teacher. If she has concerns Dr Sloan comes to me," Dr Bailey said.

"Were you aware of Miss Sloan's past?" Rivers asked.

"Mr Rivers, use the appropriate title for Dr Sloan," The judge said.

"Sorry your honour. Dr Bailey were you aware of Dr Sloan's past?" Rivers asked.

"Objection your honour. Relevance?" Evan my lawyer asked.

"We're establishing a background on Dr Sloan," Rivers said.

"I'll allow it. Dr Bailey please answer the question," The Judge said.

"Yes. I was aware that Dr Sloan was a US army veteran," I said.

"Was there any concern about Dr Sloan's mental wellbeing?" Rivers asked.

"No. Dr Sloan disclosed to myself and the chief of surgery that she was speaking to a therapist on a regular basis but we had no concerns about Dr Sloan's ability to do her job," Dr Bailey said.

"Did you run the tests on Dr Sloan in order to check if Dr Sloan's liver was a match with her father Mr Sloan?" Rivers asked.

"We didn't run tests. Dr Sloan approached me to ask for my professional opinion. I reviewed her medical file to check if she was a viable candidate for organ donation," Dr Bailey said.

"Thank you, Dr Bailey. No more questions, your honour," Rivers said.

"Care to cross examine Mr Matthews," The judge asked.

"Yes, your honour," Evan said. "Dr Bailey in your professional opinion please explain if Dr Sloan was a viable candidate to donate her liver to Mr Sloan,"

"Dr Sloan shared the same blood type as Mr Sloan which is a main factor we look at however I deemed Dr Sloan unfit to donate her liver," Dr Bailey said.

"How did you come to that conclusion?" Evan asked.

"Dr Sloan although physically fit. Her body has been through a lot of trauma. With prior injuries I was concerned that Dr Sloan's chances of survival were lower than they should be for a woman of her age and fitness," Dr Bailey said.

"One more time for me Dr Bailey was Dr Sloan a suitable organ donation candidate?" Evan asked.

"No," Dr Bailey said.

"No further questions your honour. Thank you for your time Dr Bailey," Evan said.

"You can return to your seat Dr Bailey," The judge said. I looked at Evan as he sat beside me.

"That was good," Evan said.

"Prosecution would like to call Dr Sage Sloan to the stand," Rivers said. I stood up and was sworn in. "Dr Sloan, you were discharged from the United States Army in 2001. Why were you discharged?"

"I requested to be discharged. I was concerned about my own mental health. My commanding officers agreed it was for the best," I said.

"What concerns did you have about your mental health?" Rivers asked.

"I'd lost a lot of people and I chose to bottle my emotions and feelings. I was isolated from the team that saved me for a while before I thought that I was returning back to my old self. What I know now is that the same 17-year-old that left New York simply doesn't exist anymore. I stayed in the army for a further 4 years before I was honourably discharged," I said.

"Did you no longer trust yourself with a gun?" Rivers asked.

"I trusted myself with a gun. I didn't trust that I could be the team member that people needed me to be," I said.

"No further questions, your honour," Rivers said.

"Would you care to cross-examine your client Mr Matthews?" The judge asked.

"Yes. Your honour," Evan said. He stood up. "Dr Sloan, do you at this moment in time believe that you have the capacity to make a sound decision?"

"I do believe that I have the capacity to make a sound decision," I said.

"No further questions your honour," Evan said.

"Okay. We'll take a recess and reconvene at 12:30," The Judge said. Evan and I began walking out of the room. I saw Addison had taken a seat at the back of the court. We walked out.

"I'd like to get this trial thrown out," Evan said. "It seems bigger than you not giving your father a liver,"

"Okay," I said.

"I'll see you back in the courtroom in 30 minutes," Evan said. I walked over to Addison.

"I told you that you didn't have to be here," I said to Addison.

"My surgery was pushed besides I wanted to come and support you," Addison said.

"Thank you," I said wrapping Addison in a hug.

Timeskip

The recess was over and we were called back to the courtroom.

"Would the prosecution like to call their next witness?" The judge asked.

"Actually your honour. The defence would like to file a motion for dismissal," Evan said.

"On what grounds?" Rivers asked.

"On the grounds that you spent all morning dehumanising my client instead of asking questions relating to the reason my client is actually here," Evan said.

"Sidebar gentlemen," The judge said. Evan and Rivers stepped forward to the judge's stand. They talked back and forth. "This case is to be dismissed. Ms Adams I'm ordering you to pay $25,000 in damages to Dr Sloan. This case is adjourned," The judge banged the gavel.

Timeskip
Addison and I went home. We were cuddling in bed. I had my head on her chest.

"Are you okay?" Addison asked.

"Not sure," I said sitting up as I heard the door knock and Ace started barking. "I've got it," I walked to the door. I opened the door.

"I'm sorry. I should have called first," George said.

"No. It's alright. What's wrong George?" I asked.

"Can I stay here tonight?" George asked.

"Come on in," I said. Addison walked out of the bedroom in my t-shirt.

"Everything okay?" Addison asked.

"George needs a place to stay. So he's gonna take the guest room," I said.

"Okay," Addison said.

"Beer is in the fridge. The hard stuff is in the cupboard under the tv. Takeout menus on the fridge. Guest bedroom down the hallway right at the end. The en-suite has body wash and guy things under the sink," I explained to George.

"Thanks, Sage," George said. "Thanks, Dr Montgomery," George said.

"We're not at work George you can call me Addison," Addison said.

"In the morning because for tonight we're going to bed," I said. "Night O'Malley,"

"Goodnight George," Addison said.

"Goodnight," George said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 6.6K 145
Ava Shepherd is the youngest Shepherd. Like all her siblings she is on her way to becoming an extraordinary surgeon but being the youngest didn't hol...
30.7K 522 103
When Addison Montgomery shepherd comes to town a week later her younger sister Scarlett Montgomery arrives and when Scarlett starts a job at Seattle...
14.3K 697 9
We could be something special if you wanted. grey's anatomy s1━s10 cristina yang & female oc