The Lieutenant's Love

By TJLew182

Sage Sloan is the younger sister of Mark Sloan. She grew up with the Shepherd family along with her brother u... More

Cast
A Hard Day's Night
The First Cut Is the Deepest
Winning a Battle, Losing the war
Shake Your Groove Thing
If Tomorrow Never Comes
The Self-Destruct Button
Save Me
Who's Zoomin who?
Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head
Enough is Enough
Make Me Lose Control
Deny, Deny, Deny
Bring the Pain
Into You Like a Train
Something to Talk About
Let It Be
Thanks for the Memories
Much Too Much
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Grandma got run over by a Reindeer
Begin the Beginning
Tell Me Sweet Little Lies
Break on Through
As We Know It
Yesterday
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole
Superstition
The Name of the Game
Blues for Sister Someone
Damage Case
17 Seconds
Testing 1-2-3
Didn't We Almost Have it All?
A Change is Gonna Come
Love/Addiction
Let the Truth Sting
The Heart of the Matter
Haunt You Every Day
Kung Fu Fighting
Physical Attraction...Chemical Reaction
Forever Young
Crash Into Me
Crash Into Me pt 2
Lay Your Hands on Me
Where the Wild Things Are
Piece of My Heart
The Becoming
Losing My Mind
Freedom pt 1
Freedom pt 2
Wedding Bells
Dream a Little Dream
Here Comes the Flood
Brave New World
There's No I in Team

It's the End of the World

2.9K 113 3
By TJLew182

Cristina had called me telling me that there was something wrong with Meredith. So we were both stood in Meredith's bedroom as she told us she had a feeling.

"You have a feeling?" Cristina asked.

"Yes," Meredith said.

"Ok, what kind of feeling?" Cristina asked.

"Like I might die," Meredith said.

"Today? Tomorrow? In 50 years?" Cristina asked. "Cause we're all gonna die eventually! But now we're late. Let's go," Meredith made no attempt to move.

"I get that feeling too. It sucks but it's just a feeling. You're not actually going to die. I thought I was going to die for 9 years straight and I'm still alive," I said. "So why don't you get up and we can all think we're going to die together? Or we are going to die because Cristina's gonna go crazy and kill us both for being late,"

"I will do that," Cristina said. Meredith still didn't move. Cristina and I shared a look. I picked Meredith up off the bed.

"Sage, you can put me down," Meredith said. I set her down and we walked out the door.

"We're good to go," Cristina told George and Izzie who were stood outside Meredith's room.

Timeskip

I found Addison standing at the nurses' station.

"Where did you go this morning?" Addison asked.

"To drag Meredith out of bed with Cristina," I said.

"Coffee," Addison said handing me a cup.

"Thank you," I said. I took the lid off the cup and chugged it quickly.

"That was boiling hot," Addison said as both our pagers went off. "Bailey,"

"Alex," I said. I ran down to the pit to see Cristina, Alex and Izzie watching a woman scream covered in blood.

"She's been going at least 15, 20 minutes. This must be like some kind of record," Alex said.

"Look at her. She's not even turning red," Izzie said.

"Good for her. Burke says shut her up," Cristina said. Izzie walked over and informed of us another incident. Izzie and Cristina went to meet the incoming vehicle.

"She's in shock. We need to wake her up out of shock and sedate her," I said.

"How do we do that?" Alex asked. I got in the woman's face and screamed loudly. She went silent before breaking down into tears falling into Alex.

Timeskip

Alex and I were dealing with Mindy the patient who was experiencing shock.

"All this blood and none of it's hers," Tyler said as he put Mindy's clothes into bags.

"Yeah she's fine. Acute-anxiety reaction. Give her 2 diazepam PO to calm her down," Alex said.

"She in shock?" Tyler asked.

"I'll say," Mindy said.

"Can you tell us exactly what happened?" Alex asked.

"You mean the shock part? It was shocking. I'm shocked. You tell my husband when I get my hands on him; He's a dead man! Do you hear me? Scare me like this," Mindy said.

"Exactly how was your husband injured?" I asked.

"Mindy? Mindy? Are you in here?" A man asked.

"I'm over here. You moron!" Mindy yelled. A man dressed like in an army costume from the war walked over.

"How's James doing?" The man asked.

"Oh he's bleeding all over the place. That's how he's doing! The girl of the ambulance put her hand inside of him! That's how he's doing!" Mindy yelled.

"What are you yelling at me for?" The man asked.

"Because! Because you and James are like idiots! Playing like 8-year olds!" Mindy said.

"Ok we don't play. We re-enact," The man said.

"You play! You put on your costumes and build your stupid toys and you play!" Mindy said.

"We re-enact," The man said.

"Nobody re-enacts World war II. You moron!" Mindy yelled.

"Exactly what happened?" Alex asked the man as he walked over to him.

"You wanna know what happened? What happened is my husband and his moron best-friend..." Mindy was cut off.

"Can you stop calling me a moron?" The man interrupted.

"Moron best-friend! Decided to build some kind of big gun," Mindy said.

"Yeah an exact replica of the finest allied anti-tank weapon of World war II. The M9A1 bazooka," The man said.

"So they put on their stupid costumes and they go out into the backyard and they try to shoot the thing!" Mindy yelled. Alex looked confused.

"I'm the gunrunner. James is the loader. Ok we follow the specifications exactly. You should see it. It's a 60 millimeter. One and a half pound rocket. It's a beauty," The man said.

"It didn't work. So like an idiot my husband has to go and stand in front of his big gun to see what went wrong! That's when the stupid toy starts working!" Mindy yelled. Alex and I looked at each other.

"He was shot with a bazooka," I said. Mindy and the man started yelling back and forth with each other.

"Was there an explosion?" Alex asked.

"What?" The man asked.

"Was there an explosion?" Alex and I asked.

"No. Why?" The man asked.

"Crap," Alex said. We both took off running down to the OR floor where James was in surgery. We got to the OR and pulled scrub caps on.

"Dr. Burke? I need to speak with you," Alex said.

"I am in surgery, Karev," Dr Burke said.

"You wanna talk to us sir," I said. Burke walked over.

"Karev, Sloan if you interrupt me in my OR it better be for a good damn reason," Dr Burke said.

"Was it through and through?" Alex asked.

"What?" Dr Burke asked.

"The wound on James Carlson. Was it through and through?" I asked.

"No, it was just an injury. No exit. Why?" Dr Burke asked.

"Mr Carlson was shot with a bazooka sir. They're explosive," I said quietly.

"Hannah," Dr Burke said stepping back into the OR.

"Yes, Dr. Burke?" Hannah asked.

"What do you feel? Inside of Mr Carlson. What is your hand touching?" Dr Burke asked.

"What do you mean?" Hannah asked confused.

"Is your hand touching anything hard?" Dr Burke asked.

"Hard?" Meredith asked.

"Like metal?" Dr Burke asked.

"Um, I don't know," Hannah said going to move her hand.

"Don't move your hand. Just tell me what you feel," Dr Burke asked.

"Dr Burke, what's going on?" Meredith asked.

"Hannah?" Dr Burke tried.

"Um, my finger tips are touching something kinda hard. Yeah, yeah definitely," Hannah said.

"Oh my god!" Dr Milton the anesthesiologist said.

"Dr. Milton!" Dr Burke said.

"What? What's wrong?" Hannah asked clearly panicking.

"Hannah, I don't want you to move. Not your hand, not your body. Not an inch," Dr Burke said.

"Ok you should know your starting to scare me," Hannah said.

"Don't be scared. Everything is going to be fine. Dr. Grey could you ah..." He motioned for Meredith to walk towards him. "I want you to walk out of this room. Walk, do not run. Go and tell the charge nurse that we have a code black," He quietly told Meredith.

"I'm sorry, code black?" Meredith asked.

"Code black. Tell him that I am sure. And then tell him to call the bomb squad," Dr Burke said. Meredith did as he said. The OR team, Alex and I were standing outside the OR which now only had Dr Burke, Dr Milton, Hannah and the patient James Carlson inside.

"Can you imagine? What she stick her hand in there for anyway?" Alex asked.

"She was trying to save his life," Meredith said.

"And now she might die because of it," Alex said. Dr Burke walked out.

"What do we do now?" Meredith asked.

"I go back in and wait for the bomb squad. You leave. You all leave," Dr Burke said. Most of the team left.

"Sage, Mer, you coming?" Alex asked. I shook my head. Meredith gave him a look. "It's your funeral," He walked away.

"You need a surgical team," Meredith said.

"All I need is Dr. Milton to keep him under. I can do the rest myself," Dr Burke said. Meredith, myself and three other members of the OR staff stood outside.

"All due respect sir. You're a great surgeon but you are out of your depth in terms of that bomb in your patient's chest," I said.

"Fine. But you wait by the elevator. I don't want anybody in here that doesn't need to be in this OR. When the bomb squad arrives we'll take it from there. Until then Milton and I are doing this alone. Now, go," Dr Burke said. I stood by the elevator.

"I had a feeling," Meredith said.

"Grey, you can't think like that," I said.

"Addison's not gonna like this," Meredith said.

"Addison knows I do stupid stuff," I said. "Derek doesn't know you do stupid stuff," Meredith shook her head.

Timeskip

Cristina, Meredith and I were watching Dylan, the guy from the bomb squad and Dr Burke looking at the x-ray's of Mr Carlson's chest.

"So how are they going to remove that ammo without killing Hannah and James?" Meredith asked. Cristina walked off to look through the door into the OR.

"Cristina!" I said.

"The bomb squad guy said you're supposed to stay away from there," Meredith said. We walked over and looked through the window.

"Is it me or is she shaking?" Cristina asked.

"Is she squeezing that ambu bag by herself?" Meredith asked.

"Where is Dr. Milton?" Cristina asked. I opened the door slowly. Hannah was stood alone shaking.

"Hannah? Where's the anesthesiologist?" I asked.

"He um ... he left. He didn't wanna die," Hannah said.

"Hannah," Meredith said. Hannah was shaking.

"I think I'm going to take my hand out now," Hannah said. We rushed into the room and began trying to talk her down. When that didn't work Cristina began calling for help.

"Hey, somebody help! Help here!" Cristina yelled. Cristina was pumping the ambu bag while Meredith and I were talking to Hannah trying to keep her calm.

"I think I'm going to take it out now," Hannah said.

"Ok we're almost to the finish line. You can do this," Meredith said.

"No, no. No, I just want to take it out and be done with it," Hannah cried.

"Hannah. It won't be much longer. Remember you're keeping him from bleeding out," Dr Burke said.

"No! I am 22 years old! I should not even be in here! This is some kind of mistake!" Hannah said.

"She's panicking. We need to clear the room," Dylan said.

"I'm not leaving," Meredith said.

"Grey, let's move!" Dr Burke said.

"I'm not leaving her," Meredith insisted. Everyone started talking. I was focusing on the bomb. Hannah ripped her hand out. Burke, Dylan and Cristina dropped to the floor. I looked down and saw Meredith's hand now in Mr Carlson's chest. The others stood up.

"Meredith," Cristina and I said.

"What did I do. Oh, god," Meredith said.

"Just stay right where you are. Nobody move. Stay exactly where you are," Dylan said. Meredith took a deep breath.

"What did I do? What did I do? What did I do? What did I do? What did I do? What did I do? What did I do? What did I do?" Meredith muttered to herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 492 11
━ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐑 mark sloan x oc season 3 ━...
260K 9.8K 56
Edit (Eddie) Sousa didn't expect her intern year to go like this. All because she had a one night stand with a very handsome older, sexy man. Now, no...
13.7K 447 20
In which Y/n Sloan joins her brother Seattle Grace. She meets someone who makes her heart flutter every time she exists too close to her. Will they m...
38.3K 1.7K 13
Join Margo Shepherd as she navigates her way through her new home Seattle Grace Hospital Grey's Anatomy | Season 1- TBD MARK SLOAN x OC SLOW BURN #...