Requiem - Michaeng [ENG]

By Luuh493

Myoui Mina is a multi-millionaire heiress who, after being pushed out of her life against her will for an ent... More

Back For Good PT.1
Happy misfortunes
Chaeyoung
Looks Can Be Deceiving
Heredity
In Good Company
Safe Harbor
Elevator
Rediscovering
A Night To Remember
Slow Steps
Love Countdown PT.1
Love Countdown PT.2
Hate you, Chaeyoung
Good News
Damn, You're Beautiful
Different Realities
Best Of Three
Disappointment
Maybe It's Love
Mine
Starting Something New
Use Your Imagination
All Of Me
Here Comes Trouble
Questions
Yesterday's fears
The Little Big Things PT.1
Special Chaeyoung PT.1
Special Chaeyoung Pt.2
Special Chaeyoung Pt.3
The Next Morning
The Little Big Things PT.2
Nayeon
Shock Treatment
The Purpose
Order
You Don't Know Me
Old Days PT.1
Old Days PT.2
A Reason to Live
True Me
Love Is A Battlefield
No More Drama
The Peace That I Find
Strike One
Surprise

Back For Good PT.2

302 16 0
By Luuh493

I convinced Yeonjun to stop the car just before the entrance to the luxurious event space. There were several photographers and journalists dying for an exclusive. And that's exactly what I would give them, but with no need to involve Yeonjun.

I got out of the car watching everyone in the distance and took a last breath before starting to walk with my best pose. I passed by a group of journalists who were staring at me as if trying to associate a face with a name and stood next to the beautiful receptionist, right at the foot of the stairs that gave access to the event.

- Good night and welcome! Can you give me your name, please? - She greeted with her best smile placing the tablet in her hands.

- I don't think my name is on the list, but you asked with such enthusiasm... - I changed my handbag and held out my free one - Nice to meet you, I'm Mina Myoui.

As soon as I said my name, the place became a chaos. Photographers on the left, journalists on the right, both forcing their bodies against the restraint rope to get a better angle and my attention. I pretended not to notice anything going on around me, but I have to admit I love all the fuss. I maintained my superior air and kept my eyes focused on the girl in front of me.

- Just a minute, Miss Myoui. It's just that I don't know if I should let you in... - the words came out more and more spaced out of her mouth and her face quickly alternated from the security guard to me and vice versa.

- Well, you know who I am - I smile getting closer to her and put my mouth next to her ear - Please call Felix for me.

The girl looked at me even more shaken and sent a command through the microphone hanging on her ear. I turned my head around the place and the calls for my name increased even more. It was almost impossible to make out what they were saying, question after question, requests and compliments.

- Mina, a pose, please!

I turned my body in the direction of the voice and looked at a young man who smiled when he saw that he was reciprocated in the midst of that madness. He was fighting to keep his place among the skilled paparazzi with an iphone in his hand swinging back and forth. I smiled at his situation and decided to answer his request. I brought my free hand to my mouth and blew him a kiss, blinking right back to receive a cheerful smile in return.

- Mina? - a familiar voice called making me turn my attention forward.

- Felix! - he smiled in a mix of confusion and joy leaning in for a quick hug - Can you help me here? I know I'm not on the list, but I'm trying to surprise my family since today is a very important day for them. I just got back from a trip and they have no idea.

- Oh, you came to support your father's campaign! He's going to have a meltdown when he sees you here.

- I'm counting on it.

Getting in was easier than I expected. Felix insisted on accompanying me inside the political event. Huge posters with the photo of the illustrious Akira Myoui were plastered everywhere, accompanied by phrases and promises that are common to every self-respecting politician.

Once inside the hall, I was impressed with the amount of people that were there. Apparently my father had increased his area of influence in this city. I could recognize some faces from my time as an intern at his company and others that I saw on tv from time to time spreading their own political advertisements, all with their self-seeking, vain faces, pretending to feel appreciation for something beyond themselves. I would need alcohol in my system if I was going to face this.

Felix left me at the bar to sort something out and I could see the curious gaze of some people around hovering over me. If I could read minds, I'd love to be entertained by their theories about my presence here. I poured myself a glass of champagne and stayed where I was, looking around for people who might be of interest to me. To my momentary delight, Sana wasn't there, at least I couldn't find her.

A man was talking on top of a platform about the party represented there since I had entered, at any moment my father would go up and it would be my turn to act. I took another glass of champagne when I saw that I was holding an empty one and walked away from the bar to take a walk.

- Mina Myoui? - I sighed deeply when I heard my name being called, a bad time to have to act with interest.

- Sir... Son! - My tone came out cheerful when I came across him. I really felt happy to see him.

- I didn't know you were back already, how have you been? - we leaned over to touch our cheeks in greeting.

- I'm good, actually it was a surprise I wanted to do. Nobody knew until then.

- How was your trip? Your dad said you needed to relax so you ended up going on one of those yoga center wallpaper trips to calm and gentle places.

I tilted my head to the side when I heard that description. That was definitely the worst excuse I've ever heard in my life. Traveled for a year to relieve stress? That was a sign that my dad wasn't giving much thought to the situation, which made me even angrier.

- The trip was great, you know it's true when you realize I spent over a year away. Relaxing. - I let out a forced laugh and looked away quickly to the podium where my father now stood, wearing a tailored suit and his fake smile. If I could dismember him with a look, I would do it right there. I rolled my eyes and went back to the false joy I was lavishing on the Son in front of me - My father was right.

- Did you come all this way just to honor him? Hard to believe a teenager would care so much - It was Mrs. Son's turn to speak.

I suspect she doesn't like me very much and her tone didn't please me at all.

- It's the least a daughter could do, isn't it? And rest assured that my youth is the least of your problems. - I smiled toothlessly at that bitch. She caught me off guard and really pissed me off. - You have children, right?

- Yes, two girls... - I felt some caution in her voice.

- Really? Why have I never met them, Mrs. Son? I would love to take them out one of these days. - I held my lip between my teeth to keep from letting out a laugh at the sudden look of fear on her face as she gestured to her husband.

If she thinks she knows how to be a snake, I know how to be ten times worse.

- Maybe one day. We need to talk to the Prime Minister, honey. - She took his hand making her way away - It was a pleasure.

I said nothing, just maintained my usual smile and followed her with my eyes.

- He's going to be so happy to see you - the man whispered in my ear as he walked past me.

- I bet yes.

I said more to myself than to him. I hurriedly downed the rest of the champagne when I found myself alone again.

Son Dongwoon was my father's partner in the chain of hotels they both owned and one of the few good souls who held a mature and relaxed conversation with me in my intern days. I lost count of how many times I turned to him in the midst of difficulties there and how many others he advised me in my personal life, treating me like a true daughter, something my own father failed to do several times.

Speaking of Akira Myoui, his name had been announced and now he was taking over the microphone, spitting out his speech to all those hungry futiles who supported him.

I watched him the entire time, waiting anxiously for an opening as I moved slowly through the crowd towards him. By this time everyone had noticed my presence or was already aware of it. Several looks were directed at me, mostly surprised and curious.

- I count on your support to win this race and prove my worth to the city of New York, taking it where it needs to go: Forward! - the audience went wild, throwing their glasses in the air as if in a toast to his words - Thank you!

That was my cue.

- One moment, I want to make a toast.

I raised my voice enough to get everyone's attention, including my father. His eyes found me in the midst of those people and I could feel them burning my skin with anything but happiness as I forced my way to the podium.

Minho held out his hand to help me up, and it was only then I noticed the whole family was up there. I smiled at him who was looking at me with surreal joy, it was so good to see him again. I was so focused on my anger towards my father that I completely forgot about the love I had for my siblings.

Both were flawless. Minho in a gray suit very well draped over his body and Haewon further back, properly behaved in a lacy black dress. She only gave me a smile and didn't dare move more than two fingers, discreetly, to greet me. The scene reminded me of myself, I was exactly like that at her age, completely submissive.

I turned to face Akira and all the other people who, like him, were waiting anxiously for the outcome of this moment. I felt the weather grow heavy as I approached and took his place in front of the microphone. His eyes carried an immeasurable discomfort at my presence, I knew he was wishing he could drag me out of there as quickly as possible, dreading what might be said, and I couldn't be more fulfilled.

At that very moment I had the power to completely ruin him. What I have to say could easily knock him out of the running and scare away all those people thirsting for a good public humiliation. I took a minute to calmly watch them, analyzing my possibilities.

- Hi, how are you guys? - I broke the silence sporting a toothless smile and everyone remained motionless. - More boring than I remembered. - I laughed slightly and heard my father grunting next to me. He rested his hand firmly on my arm, ready to pull me away at any second. - As you know, I am the daughter of this wonderful man and I have been out of the country for a year. Away from my family, my friends, and basically the whole life I've built here in New York.

I took a short break and the whispers were already audible.

- But when I got the news about my dad, I had to go back and show my support for him and how proud I am of being his daughter.

I turned my body slightly to the side, including him in my field of vision and gave him a quick look.

- If he takes care of this city like he took care of me, you'll know what it's like to be truly loved. To Akira Myoui!

I raised my glass and everyone joined in with loud applause and cheers. I turned around and stole a tight hug to end the whole scene.

- What are you planning? - he whispered in my ear before we parted. I said nothing, just smiled and let myself be pulled into another hug, this one totally desired by me.

- We missed you - Haewon cooed against my body, now freed from the casualties of the event, keeping her arms tight around my neck.

- I missed you guys a lot too - I looked up at her and Minho hovered beside me with one of his hands on my back. My favorite brats.

- Mina... - I heard my mother call and broke away from the kids to look at her, but I didn't go till her and neither did she dare to come to me. We just exchanged intense glances for a moment. I could feel the revulsion oozing out of my pores at the sight of her there, so close to me after everything she'd done, her disgusting face with false concern.

That's exactly what I hate most about people, all that pretense. This false moral. I was terrible at forgiving because, in my mind, everyone has a great possibility of conscious choices about everything in this life. There is no weak mind, there is no weak meat, there is no bad influence, there is no "not thinking". There is only you and your choices, whether good or bad. In this regard I was not a hypocrite, I am fully aware of my mistakes, but the difference is that I don't try to diminish them by blaming something other than myself. I'm a bitch and I'll admit it to anyone who will listen, unlike the woman in front of me.

I heard shouts for my name and saw a group of reporters waiting anxiously for my attention. I made a point of smiling at her before turning my back to answer them. It wouldn't hurt to talk to them, at least not for me.

- Where do you think you're going? - My father was back, even more tense than before and seeing that was making me incredibly happy. - I don't want you anywhere near the press.

- Why? Can't you see I only have good things to say about you? - I pulled my arm from his grip and joined the microphones trying to capture some pertinent question.

- Mina, where have you been all this time?

- I was taking a vacation from life, didn't you hear? - I replied playfully, I knew my father was around mediating everything. - A whole year wandering around with no commitments. Idea of my wonderful dad who cares a lot about me.

- Is it true that you were responsible for the depredation of Juilliard University?

- I was responsible for so many things that I don't even remember anymore. - My father manifested himself in reproach, whispering for me to avoid this subject - Actually, it was me. I remember doing a couple of different drugs before I had this idea, you know how I used to be. But I promise I came back more behaved.

I felt his grip tighten almost immediately on my arm. I smiled to see him brimming with impatience and completely unable to help himself.

- The questions are over for now guys, I want to enjoy my daughter a little. - I looked at his face and he had the perfect expression of happiness, except for the forced curve of his lips that only those who knew him very well knew to be a trace of a forced smile.

- One last question Miss Myoui - at that point I was already being dragged away, but I turned around and stamped my foot threatening a scandal if they didn't leave me there. Sparks were visible jumping out of his brown eyes, but I didn't care, there was nothing he could do in public. Turning my attention to the reporter, I gave him permission with a look to continue - Are you really back in the States?

I smiled at the question chosen by him and gave both reporter and Akira a winning smile.

- I came to stay!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

435K 16.1K 59
Chaeyoung runs away from her Mafia home but encounters Mina, daughter of the boss of a mafia. Started: Nov. 3, 2019 Ended: Nov. 10, 2019
45.7K 1.3K 12
Two girls living complete opposite lives meet under rare circumstances. Im Nayeon is a cold hearted idol, who feigns innocence and is loved by many;...
9.5K 555 29
Over-ambitious Yoo Jeongyeon crosses paths with former law school friend Myoui Mina when she gets the job of her dreams at one of Seoul's top crimina...
1K 45 10
Park Y/n is a girl who hides the fact that she comes from a wealthy family but doesn't use the money that her parents give her and works hard for wha...