The Lieutenant's Love

By TJLew182

Sage Sloan is the younger sister of Mark Sloan. She grew up with the Shepherd family along with her brother u... More

Cast
A Hard Day's Night
The First Cut Is the Deepest
Winning a Battle, Losing the war
Shake Your Groove Thing
If Tomorrow Never Comes
The Self-Destruct Button
Save Me
Who's Zoomin who?
Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head
Enough is Enough
Make Me Lose Control
Deny, Deny, Deny
Bring the Pain
Into You Like a Train
Something to Talk About
Let It Be
Thanks for the Memories
Much Too Much
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Begin the Beginning
Tell Me Sweet Little Lies
Break on Through
It's the End of the World
As We Know It
Yesterday
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole
Superstition
The Name of the Game
Blues for Sister Someone
Damage Case
17 Seconds
Testing 1-2-3
Didn't We Almost Have it All?
A Change is Gonna Come
Love/Addiction
Let the Truth Sting
The Heart of the Matter
Haunt You Every Day
Kung Fu Fighting
Physical Attraction...Chemical Reaction
Forever Young
Crash Into Me
Crash Into Me pt 2
Lay Your Hands on Me
Where the Wild Things Are
Piece of My Heart
The Becoming
Losing My Mind
Freedom pt 1
Freedom pt 2
Wedding Bells
Dream a Little Dream
Here Comes the Flood
Brave New World
There's No I in Team

Grandma got run over by a Reindeer

3.5K 139 9
By TJLew182

I was walking down the hallway with George, Meredith, Cristina, Izzie, Alex and Dr Bailey. Dr Bailey was leading us from the front. Dr Bailey was very pregnant at this point.

"Look at her belly. She's almost as wide as she is tall," George said.

"Are her ankles swollen? Is that why she's waddling?" Meredith asked.

"What's gonna happen to us when she goes on leave?" Izzie asked.

"Leave? She's going on leave?" Cristina asked.

"What do you think happens when people push babies out of their vaginas?" Meredith asked.

"Do you think we're gonna get a new resident?" George laughed.

"What?" Cristina asked.

"Nah. Probably just let us all walk around unattended. See how much damage we can do," Alex said.

"Yeah, well you would know," Izzie said stopping and walking to stand in front of us. "Hey you guys, we should all get together and get Bailey a Christmas gift for the baby. Or we could um organize some sort of secret Santa thing,"

"Ok, listen Tiny Tim you can take ---" Cristina began but Meredith and George blocked her way.

"Sounds great," George said loudly.

"Secret Santa sounds great Izzie," Meredith said.

"Ok," Izzie smiled walking over to Bailey. Cristina looked at George and Meredith confused.

"We're being supportive," Meredith said.

"I'm not punching her isn't that support enough?" I asked. We joined Dr Bailey and began walking down the hall to a patient's room. Derek joined us in the patients' room. The patients' room was full of little children.

"Tim Epstein, 38. Fell off the roof of his house," Meredith presented.

"I was stringing Hannumas lights and ah a shingle came loose," Mr Epstein said.

"Hannumas?" Izzie asked.

"Hannumas. Chrismakkuh. We ah go all out," Mr Epstein said.

"Awesome," Izzie said.

"He fell 12 feet," Mrs Epstein said.

"Ah good news is my head broke my fall," Mr Epstein said. One of Mr Epstein's daughters flicked a rubber lizard at Derek's face.

"Ah there are no visible deformities but he's definitely having some focal left arm weakness," Meredith said.

"He'll probably be fine. He's always been a little hard-headed," Mrs Epstein said. My phone started ringing.

"Sorry," I said.

"Go answer it," Bailey said. I nodded and walked away.

Timeskip

I answered my phone and found Bailey at the OR board.

"Everything okay?" Dr Bailey asked.

"Yeah. Where do you want me?" I asked.

"Scrubbing in for surgery," Dr Bailey said. I nodded. We walked down to the scrub room and began scrubbing in for surgery.

Timeskip

Dr Bailey and I finished surgery and headed up to the OR board. Chief Webber was standing looking at the board.

"Anxiety attacks, aneurysms and ulcers," Dr Webber said.

"Huh. Must be December," Dr Bailey said.

"Chief, Adele just called," Patricia said walking over.

"Tell her I'm in ..." Dr Webber was cut off.

"She knows you're not in surgery and she said to tell you, quote "We are going to our niece's school pageant this morning. You have known about it for months and after what you pulled on Thanksgiving" and then she started to use a great many words that I don't feel comfortable repeating," Patricia said.

"I have 7 surgeons on vacation," Dr Webber said.

"And there was something about divorce," Patricia said.

"You'll have to cover my ulcer excision," Webber said to Bailey.

"Yes, sir," Bailey said.

"Woman is unreasonable! When did watching a 6-year-old dressed up like a wise man..." Dr Webbers voice faded as he walked away. Addison walked over.

"Mark called," Addison said.

"What does he want?" I asked.

"To make sure his little sister doesn't go off the rails," Addison said.

"No. We're not talking about him. He's not ruining Christmas," I said.

"Okay, how about greek food tonight?" Addison asked.

"I'll do you one better. If I get out of here early enough we're going Christmas shopping," I said.

"I'll see you later," Addison said walking away. Dr Bailey looked at me.

"You're not coming in an OR today," Dr Bailey said.

"Okay," I said.

"Go home, Sloan," Dr Bailey said walking off.

Timeskip

I was sat in a conference room filling out charts.

"Bailey sent you home," Addison said.

"I've got charts to do," I said. Addison sat down in the chair next to mine.

"Talk to me Sage," Addison said.

"I didn't lose my father last night. My father was lost when my mother died. Even before that, he was a drunk and mean bastard who never actually gave a crap about his kids. He was a violent abusive piece of crap and the world is a better place without him," I said. "He's everything I never want to be," I said.

"You're nothing like him," Addison said. "And you never will be,"

"Bailey kicked me out of the OR because the bastard died," I said.

"Take it as a blessing. Finish your charts. We can go home and change before we go out shopping," Addison said. "You haven't had an early finish in weeks embrace it,"

"Okay," I said. "I'll embrace it,"

"There's that holiday spirit," Addison smiled. I rolled my eyes.

"Only for you Ads. Only for you," I said.

Timeskip

Addison and I were walking around the mall.

"This is nice," Addison said. I nodded.

"Thank you for dragging me away from the hospital," I said. Addison smiled as we walked into a shoe store.

"What do you want for Christmas?" Addison asked.

"Not sure," I said.

"Is it a sibling thing for you guys not to know what you want?" Addison asked. "Derek's the same,"

"Nancy and Kathleen are easy. I just restock their alcohol collection. Liz gives a list of what she wants and what the kids want. Amy, well I just give her clothes. Derek and Mark get money," I said. "Mama Shepherd gets some sort of sentimental thing,"

"What do you think about these?" Addison held up a pair of shoes.

"You don't need my approval on shoes," I said. "But they are very nice," Addison grabbed a set in her size and handed them to me. She got another 2 pairs of shoes and we left that store.

"I'm going to buy your gift now," Addison said.

"I'll take these bags back to the car and meet you back here," I said.

"Okay," Addison said. I walked out to the car and put the bags in the trunk before heading back inside. Addison wasn't there yet so I went into the jewellery store to get a pair of earrings for Addison for Christmas. I bought them and put the gift bag in my bag before meeting Addison back outside.

"Where are we going now?" I asked.

"You've got to buy things for your intern friends," Addison said.

"Why can't I just put money in a Christmas card for them? Or a holiday card for Cristina?" I asked.

"Because it's nice," Addison said.

"Okay. Watch store for George and Alex," I said.

"Okay and what about Cristina, Izzie and Meredith?" Addison asked.

"I feel like Cristina would want a knife," I said.

"You can't buy someone a knife," Addison said.

"Then god knows what they want," I said.

"We'll have a look in the watch store," Addison said.

"Okay," I said. 30 minutes later we left the store with 5 watches. "Who else do I have left?"

"Nobody," Addison said.

"Okay. Do you have everything your heart desires?" I asked. Addison nodded.

"We can go home now," Addison said. I smiled taking the last of Addison's bags as we walked back to the car. I set the bags in the backseat and we drove home.

Timeskip

It was Christmas Day and Addison was dragging me out of the house.

"Okay, where are we going?" I asked.

"I've already told you to wait and see," Addison said driving off.

"Okay," I said. We sat listening to the radio as Addison drove us.

"We're here," Addison said. I followed her into a building with Save-a-vet written on the front.

"If you've brought me to therapy-" Addison cut me off.

"Shh. It's not therapy," Addison said. She walked to the front desk. "I'm Addison Montgomery. We spoke on the phone last week,"

"Yes. We did. Through the doors then through the 3rd door on the right," A man said.

"Thank you," Addison said. We walked to where the man directed us. There was a german shepherd dog getting checked over by a vet.

"Come in," The vet smiled at us. We walked in. "Ace is in perfect health to go home," The vet said. Addison looked at me.

"You've wanted a dog for as long as I can remember. Ace here is a vet just like you," Addison said.

"What?" I asked.

"He's yours. We're taking him home with us," Addison said.

"Don't play around with me like this. It's mean," I said.

"Sage, he's yours," Addison said smiling at me. I pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"You're welcome," Addison said. "Let's get him home,"

"I just got you earrings and you got me a whole ass dog," I said.

"I have you for the first Christmas in a long time and I don't have to worry about you getting shot or dying which is enough of a gift," Addison said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.4K 1.6K 16
You're holding me like water in your hands. grey's anatomy s1━s9 mark sloan & female oc
3.1K 86 5
amor : love, affection, infatuation, passion. Skylar Noelle Grey has always been someone who was on the wild side, much like her elder sister Meredit...
30.4K 522 103
When Addison Montgomery shepherd comes to town a week later her younger sister Scarlett Montgomery arrives and when Scarlett starts a job at Seattle...
5.1K 138 13
Addison Montgomery had a daughter, Maddie. She went through a hard time and ending up giving up her daughter when she was little. She always regrette...