Dangerously Attached

By ishaniquewrites

"Ye mon. Not even air itself cah come between we. Memba dat." ********************* Karissa Kizeah Thomas' li... More

The Protagonist
Chapter 1: 'Faith'
Chapter 2: 'Eye Contact'
Chapter 3: 'VVIP'
Chapter 4: 'Seastone'
Chapter 5: 'Small World'
Chapter 6: 'Phone Call'
Chapter 7: 'Promise'
Chapter 8: 'Speed'
Chapter 9: 'Petty'
Chapter 10: 'Ghost'
Chapter 11: 'Adoration'
Chapter 12: 'Truth'
Chapter 13: 'Celebrity'
Chapter 14: 'Reassurance'
Chapter 15: 'Test Run'
Chapter 16: 'Surprise'
Chapter 17: 'Life's Good'
Chapter 18: 'High'
Chapter 19: 'Weekend'
Chapter 20: 'Curious'
Chapter 21: 'Thrill'
Chapter 22: 'Independent'
Chapter 23: 'Bruk Week'
Chapter 24: 'Shenanigans 1/2'
Chapter 25: 'Shenanigans 2/2'
Chapter 26: 'Paradise'
Chapter 27: 'Moonlight'
Chapter 28: 'Kind Gesture'
Chapter 29: 'Big Meech'
Chapter 30: 'Report'
Chapter 31: 'Dark'
Chapter 32: 'Slavery'
Chapter 33: 'Greetings'
Chapter 34: 'Judge'
Chapter 35: 'Sh!t Sweet'
Chapter 36: 'Night Rave'
Chapter 37: 'Deja Vu'
Chapter 38: 'Bet'
Chapter 39: 'Good News'
Chapter 40: 'Easter Eatings'
Chapter 42: 'Try For Us'
Chapter 43: 'Page'
Chapter 44: 'Portmore'
Chapter 45: 'Past'
Chapter 46: 'FriendTrip'
Chapter 47: 'Happy Ones'
Chapter 48: 'Old ways'
Chapter 49: 'Grand Opening'
Chapter 50: 'U.A.T.W'
Chapter 51: 'Career'
Chapter 52: 'Caught'
Chapter 53: 'Growth'
Chapter 54: 'Shopping'
Chapter 55: 'Earth Strong'
Chapter 56: 'Square One'
Chapter 57: 'DYT' (revised)
Chapter 58: 'Decade' (revised)
Chapter 59: 'It's a...'
Chapter 60: 'Grace'

Chapter 41: 'Changes'

5.1K 542 348
By ishaniquewrites

• 𝑲𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒐𝒏 𝑱𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍 𝑴𝒄𝑵𝒂𝒃𝒃'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽 •
|| 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟎 @ 𝟏𝟏:𝟎𝟔𝐚𝐦 ||

***

As Karissa walked briskly towards the doctor's office because we are couple minutes late, I stayed behind to admire her figure.

I should've noticed the signs.

The weight she put on over the last couple weeks, her crazy mood swings, and how she always wince or slap away my hand when i caress her breast just because they were 'tender'.

Not only those, but the way how her ass got way fatter.

Me did just think a happy life.

You know? Happy wife happy life. Dah pree deh.

She then opened the office door and looked back at me, scowling when she saw how slow i'm walking, "Hurry up nuh. Mussi feel like me have all day."

A wahm to mada miserable mon.

I grabbed the door before it slammed shut and watched as she swayed her hips to the reception area, her ass jiggling in a way that's both mesmerizing and tantalizing.

Any man who stare pon dah ass here hypnotized instantly! and me nah ask yuh.

Karissa spoke to the receptionist and gave her the necessary information.

As the receptionist typed in the information and skimmed through documents to find Karissa's name, she peered up at me and i quirked a brow.

Why me feel like me know dah B yah? Scratch dat, me see her before. Just cah pin point where.

Oh ye! Dah B deh.

The line from skeng's song saying, "And ye me fuck some real ugly gyal a road." played in my head and i couldn't help but make a small chuckle to myself.

"Have a seat please. The doctor will be there with you in a second" The receptionist informed, glancing at me once again.

Karissa nod, giving her a half hearted smile.

She then stepped pass me to the seating spaces and took a seat, crossing her legs.

Her thighs created a thick-ish and sexy look, despite the fact that she's wearing jeans.

"Pregnancy fit yuh me baby", i thought to myself, with my gaze leisurely traveling from her figure to her face.

A cheeky grin spread across my face and Karissa looked at me quizzically, "A wah?"

"All now me nuh hear yuh say thanks."

"For?"

"Fi make yuh thick up suh. Remember you use to wake up every morning and brag bout yuh set good and yuh dis and yuh dat, but yuh nah gimmie di credit me deserve."

She rolled her eyes in a sense to hide her blush, "Behave yuh self and mind you make yuh gyal ova desso war me."

I chuckled, "Yuh nuh miss nothing eh."

"Glad yuh know. Me hope a one girl me a get cause it ago be a tussle fi bend the tree especially when him ago have your genes."

"Weh dat supposed to mean?"

"Think me nae hear you and Hakeem dis morning. First a Vanessa den a Alicia then a bagga name come after that. Me nuh know why unuh stay suh — Sickening." She blasted lowly and grimly.

"But the man a tell me a story B and me a listen. Weh yuh want me fi do?" I asked, my voice sounding harsher than intended.

"Tell him say him nuffi use people girl child suh. Then all the same, a suh yuh stay."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes.

Karissa really waa do this here suh? Me think we did good after last night...

Saved by the bell, the medical assistant called her name and we both got up and walked into the direction of the doctor's section.

Upon arrival, Karissa greeted the doctor by the name of Dr. Allen then introduced us, "This is the child's father by the way. Kairon McNabb."

Child's father? A styling ting?

"I've seen you before." Dr. Allen stated.

"Eh-Eeh. Where?" I asked proudly, folding my arms.

"Yeah. You're the owner for of the car dealership right? Me see you ina the papers mon." She said chirpily then proceeded to speak to Karissa.

She instructed her to lay on the ultrasound scanning bed and to lift her blouse up.

The doctor then applied a clear-like gel substance on her belly then took a seat infront of the machine.

I leaned against the wall, watching as the doctor move the hand held device over Karissa's belly until a clear image of our child was shown.

"Awww oh my gawdd." Karissa squealed, her eyes getting teary.

"Watch di man mon. Fava him pupa already."

"Him? Oh please." Karissa sneered, rolling her eyes. The doctor giggled at our silliness.

"When was your last period?"

"Umm i got it the second week of February and then it came back on the last week of the month."

"Okay dear."

The doctor then paused for a while and stared at the desktop, "Alright then Miss. Thomas. The measurement from the ultrasound, and comparing it to the gestational age, confirms that you are approximately 8 weeks along. " She stated, looking in between us.

Eight weeks? Hmmm.

I took out my phone and opened Safari, calculating the dates.

Me did know a muss pon her birthday mon.

"To how me cock yuh up pon dah patio deh, yuh woulda muss breed." I randomly reminded her, and the doctor's eyes widened humorously.

"Jeezas peas Kairon, yuh mouth! Have likkle something bout yuh nuh."

I laughed bitterly at her embarrassment.

I then placed my phone back into my pocket, listening as the doctor discuss prenatal care and provide us with the estimated due date, which is in November.

She also checked for the presence of a heartbeat and Karissa bawl living eye water mia tell unuh.

If a did me and her alone in here, me woulda shed a tear too, but nobody else cah see me dem way so me wull it like a G.

Finishing up, she handed Karissa images of the ultrasound, "That's it for today. I'll schedule your appointment for the next few weeks and we'll monitor your progress and the development of the baby."

"Okay."

"Yeah congratulations again to you both."

• 𝑲𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂 𝑲𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒔'     𝑷𝑶𝑽 •
|| 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟎 @ 𝟏:𝟏𝟕𝐩𝐦 ||

***

As i sat under the tree eating the KFC that i bought on campus, all i could think about was how i'm about to meet my little peanut in the next seven months.

Literally a blessing from God, made with pure love.

I smiled as i chewed on one of the fries, sticking the fork in the box.

Sanjay nudge me in my side, "You just a nyam and a galang suh. Deven say here dog."

Dah likkle bwoy yah.

I laughed and stretched the box out to him so he could take out some.

"Atleast him have conscience" I thought, looking in the box.

"By di way, Gio say him way get fi know yuh." He stated, brushing off his hands in his pants.

"Fi wah?"

"Same ting me ask. Me tell him enuh. Say if me a try so long and yuh nuh wah me, weh him expect fi gwaan?"

I looked at him tight lipped, "Supposed a you me nuh want but will try a ting wid him?"

"But kuh yah. Nuh make me affi call weh him name deh or send him the video a you Friday night. Out of order and brite." He threatened goofily.

I let out a slight giggle in remembrance of the night.

If only he knew that i got punished for that same thing.

"Tell Gio say me nuh want nobody right now. Me a focus pon miself."

"Yow ooman wicked and lie enuh. Nuh you have a man?" I laughed as an answer, not responding to his question.

Cause me deven know neither right now. Things are mad complicated.

"Well me nah go stay yasso and chat off me mouth wid you enuh. Me have the people dem class fi go so later!" I told him, picking up my bag from the chair.

"So gimmie the leg ina the box nuh."

"Yuh stink like. You did gimmie piece a yuh burger when you a eat it off a while ago? Sanjay goodbye!" I then walked off into the direction of my class.

From a distance, Sanjay yelled, "Gwaan! A so yuh behave when you and yuh man good."

I looked back and flicked him a middle finger.

• 𝑲𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒐𝒏 𝑱𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍 𝑴𝒄𝑵𝒂𝒃𝒃'𝒔   𝑷𝑶𝑽 •
|| 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟎 @ 𝟑:𝟐𝟑𝐩𝐦 ||

***

After dropping Karissa at school, I ran alot of errands. My last one, however, was a meeting at Seastone with Kiers, hiring a new manager for our company since our last one left without a trace of dust.

Afterwards, I came back home to the sound of the two delinquents bickering.

When will dis stop fada?

Me pray anuh so me place ago sound later dung ina di year.

"Shut up nuh likkle girl so di man can hear weh me a say... Bombaa mon... Jav come help me wid dis nuh." Hakeem stated, with reference to whatever in on his screen.

I placed the fast food that i bought for them on the counter, and went over to where he was seated.

He pointed to the screen of his marketing exam and i helped him until it was completed.

Hakeem aced the test with a 40/41, but the exam was not permitted for review so i wouldn't see what he had gotten incorrect.

"Bombaaa dawg. Me ago start send yuh me test dem fi do."

"Me nuh mind. But make sure you a study though cause me nah go deh-deh fi help you when a finals." I told him, grabbing my phone to ask Karissa where she is.

She supposed to reach home already but she nuh deh yah.

I sent her a quick text on WhatsApp.

Me: You deh pon your way?

"You sound like paps when me ask him fi help me. Move up mon." Hakeem said, and i chuckled,

"Nuh true yaggo be an uncle mon."

"WAH !?" The two yelled simultaneously.

"Sis pregnant?" Hakeem asked in shock, and i nodded my head.

"How yuh mean? Man a top shooter enuh. Fuck yuh feel." I bragged, looking at my phone screen when a message chimed in.

Babes❤️: I'm at home🧍🏼‍♀️

Me: No you're not.

"Den how Karissa nae tell me bout dis." Talia asked, setting up her iPad so she could watch a movie while eating.

Before i could answer her question, Hakeem averred, "Cause yuh too fass."

You know say me get fi realize say a dis bwoy always a trouble her first.

Babes❤️: 🤨How you ago tell me weh me deh?

Me: Cause me reach back and nuh see yuh.

"Yoo, me soon forward yer." I told the two, marching upstairs and watched as Karissa typed in our chat.

Babes❤️: Ohhh thats what you meant. I'm talking at my apartment Kairon.

The fuck?

I tapped on the video button at the top of our chat and watched as it ring til' she answered.

Oh. She actually deh there.

Me a suffer from something name paranoia!

"Yeah." She said, the second she accepted the call, placing her phone on the cupboard of her laundry room.

"Forward over nuh B."

"What for this time?"

"Me just wah see you Karissa." I hissed my teeth as i pulled my room door, "Just buil offa di fuckery nuh and forward. Me never usually affi explain miself so wah change now?"

"Alot have changed."

I slammed my room door behind me and plopped my phone on the bed, "Swear say me cah wait fi dem couple days here pass and me just a pray everything work ina me favor cause jah jah chrise Karissa. You a gimmie a warm time."

The call stayed silent for a while and i watched her do laundry.

She then spoke up saying, "Fine amma come."

• 𝑲𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂 𝑲𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒂𝒉 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒔'     𝑷𝑶𝑽 •
|| 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟎 @ 𝟓:𝟑𝟖𝐩𝐦 ||

***

After i left my apartment, I went over to Kairon's house and prepared dinner for him and his siblings.

Cause if you really and truly follow dis man, him feed dem pon bare fast food.

And him can cook too enuh but Kairon just lazy.

Dat a fi him problem.

Now, I am laying on my side of the bed, staring at the huge bag at the side of the dresser, while he watched the continuation of the series he was watching yesterday called Top Boy.

𝙵𝙻𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺

Turning the doorknob with the plate of dinner in my other hand, i entered Kairon's room.

"Kairon see the food here." I said as i stepped in, closing the door me.

I turned around and the bed was unmade, and he wasn't in the bedroom.

"Kairon" I called again but louder and he answered.

"Yo! Me deh a bathroom. Rest it dung somewhere in deh."

I rested his dinner on the TV stand and straightened the bed for him.

While fluffing the pillows, my eyes caught an enormous bag at the side of the dresser.

Hmmm.

I placed the pillows in their respective orders and went over to the dresser.

Out of curiosity, i stooped to see what's inside of the bag.

A bunch of baby clothes, Huggies' items, bottles and other stuff.

I smiled to myself, at the thought of him already planning for our child thats to come.

Thats was until i opened card on the bag string, and the name Crystal was printed in bold.

Oh.

If someone was supposed to take a knife and stab me right now, you wouldn't see blood.

But raw pain and hurt.

I really had thought i accepted the fact that he might be the father of her child but obviously i haven't.

I'm trying to be a mature individual here. Trust when i say that.

But for some reason i still couldn't shake away the feeling nor to accept reality.

The literal second baby mother.

Ina my young-young bloodclaat days.

I fixed back the items in the bag when i heard the shower turn off, with tears welling up in my eyes.

I hurriedly left the room, and be careful not to make any noise with the door so he would've have known that i just left the room.

𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

Averting my eyes from the TV, i asked Kairon to pass my phone on the bed stand, so i could check the time.

He reached for it and handed it to me.

Monday, 10 April
5:47

I climbed off the bed and made my way over to the dresser, where my clothes were stored when i stayed here on a frequent basis.

"Weh you a go?" Karion asked, and I could feel the his gaze drilling a hole into my head.

Not bothering to turn around, i continued looking for an outfit in a drawer, "Work."

"Karissa a deven 6:00 yet."

"I know but me wah go there early today."

"Ummm okay. Make sure yuh nuh do the bagga hackling today though. Try fi ease offa dat now."

"Okay." I said dryly, closing the drawer and held my head straight as i went to the bathroom.

I closed the door behind me and a tear fell down my cheek, emotionally shattered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 113K 43
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
4.6M 290K 106
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
51K 1K 24
This a PREY and NieR: Automata crossover I guess you can say. Spoilers! What if 2B and 9S encountered something drifting in space? What if You were w...
59K 5K 37
I looked up and held the plastic fork in my hand. "Yuh si how dis a bend due to pressure. Dih bredda hood deh gallang like rubber. Like the charger c...