Low Stress: Bite Me (Jikook)

By StraightlyViolette

Navigating college as a freshman comes with more than one challenge for Jeon Jungkook. New school, new life... More

• Opening Note •
Chapter One: Hallo-Weekend Frights
Chapter Two: Pop Quiz
Chapter Three: Bite Me
Chapter Four: Unhealthy Attachments
Chapter Five: Bonded in Blood
Chapter Six: All For A Grade
Chapter Seven: Wash it Away
Chapter Eight: It's A Match!
Chapter Nine: Heal Me
Chapter Ten: Push and Pull
Chapter Eleven: Contemporary Solutions
Chapter Twelve: After Care
Chapter Thirteen: Something New
Chapter Fourteen: Mutual Destruction
Chapter Fifteen: Pinch Me
Chapter Sixteen: The End of Us
Chapter Seventeen: Complications
Chapter Eighteen: Crescendo
Chapter Twenty: Can You Hear Me?
Epilogue
• Final Bite •

Chapter Nineteen: Dance With Me

505 50 16
By StraightlyViolette

Jungkook held tightly onto Jimin as Yoongi's eyes settled into their crimson red color. Conflict flickered across Jungkook's brow: his muscles ached to join the fight below while his heart begged him to stay with Jimin.

Catching the tension in Jungkook's jaw, Jimin smiled like they were back in Hoseok's dance studio learning choreography together or in the campus library with Jimin tutoring Jungkook in music theory concepts. It held a warmth the warehouse didn't deserve; a brightness that caused Jungkook's head to spin, thinking back to Jimin's hands brushing Jungkook's waist as they danced together at bars or his secret grins closing office hours doors. Jungkook's lungs mimicked a breath at the sight. 

"This is one hell of an excuse to miss a quiz." Jimin said and Jungkook blinked. "Can't believe our star student would skip the last one of the semester."

"I'll have to schedule a time to make it up, huh?" Jungkook said back and Jimin snorted, though his body was shaking. Jungkook's eyes darkened. "Book a private session with you."

"Tomorrow?" Jimin said, hope dancing across his beautiful face. Jungkook nearly undid, cupping Jimin's cheek and nodding. Should he stay here with Jimin or help contain Yoongi below? Did they need him down there? 

Despite Jimin's fearless words his small grip wrapped around Jungkook's wrist, and he held onto him like Jungkook was an anchor. There was so much trust in that hold, a confidence in it that caused Jungkook's chest to ache. Jimin was asking him to stay. 

Jungkook brushed his thumb on Jimin's cheek, glancing at the tiny drops of blood on his skin where Jungkook's fangs had pierced through. If Jimin could smile through his fear, could joke when his body shook, Jungkook could swallow the helplessness he felt and mirror a grin.

"Tomorrow." Jungkook answered, needing to believe that there would be a tomorrow to get to.

* * *

The second Yoongi's demeanor shifted, Kim Namjoon ran to his partner while Hoseok leapt in front of Taehyung and tackled Yoongi to the ground. The vampire went down with a grunt, wrestling against Hoseok's grip. 

Jimin's heartbeat pounded in the warehouse like a ticking clock for the vampires; while Namjoon couldn't hear it, he could sense how each vampire attuned to its sound, glancing up at the balcony where Jungkook covered him from view. 

"Drink from me." Namjoon said as Hoseok bought them some time, stretching out his wrist to his lover, his own pulse adding to the mix. "You'll need the boost." 

Seokjin gave him a startled look but nodded, taking Namjoon's wrist to his lips. Namjoon closed his eyes as Seokjin's sharp fangs pierced his skin. The sensation never failed to surprise him - neither did the visible increase in strength his blood granted Seokjin. His golden eyes darkened, his balance more even and movements sharper while that always simmering power seemed to ripple off him now. Under different circumstances, Namjoon would have mentioned how incredibly attractive his lover looked, but it didn't seem the appropriate comment for the time. 

"I need you to run." Jin said as he pulled his fangs out. There was an alarming fear laced through his voice in a way Namjoon had never heard the powerful vampire use before. Namjoon frowned, his intelligent eyes scanning Seokjin's golden own. Seokjin shook his head. "Love, if you stay, I won't be able to focus knowing you're in danger. Please. Get as far from here as you can."

Namjoon rolled his strong shoulders back and his hand graced the hilt of a knife he'd brought with him from the barbeque restaurant. He considered the weapon 'borrowed' for the time, wincing a bit knowing the owner's son would be blamed for it missing, but Namjoon fully intended to bring it back to the restaurant. His gaze softened on Seokjin's worried frame; Namjoon had spent a handful of years living with in the supernatural world. He'd trained for it, built up strength in his body and fed his intellect precisely to help Seokjin in situations like this. 

Namjoon blinked, shaking his head. "Leave? Jin, if Jungkook joins the fight he'll need me. I taught the kid how to fight. He gets in his head and forgets his blind spots if someone doesn't shout them out to him." Namjoon put a hand on his lover's shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "I'm not leaving you. What if you need more blood? What if you get hurt? I know I'm human but I'm useful in this." 

"Namjoon. Love. I'm begging you." Seokjin said, eyes wide in panic as he let out a very Seokjin-like animated sigh before his expression crumbled. "You're a distraction, Joonie. You have to know that. You have to know I would let them all die before he so much as scratches you. I can't protect anyone if you're here. There are no priorities above keeping you safe and the kids need our help. Let me help them."

"Are you two seriously having a heart to heart right now? Fucking help!" Hoseok hissed as Yoongi pinned him to the ground, a single hand around Hoseok's throat with Hoseok's uselessly trying to loosen the grip. For beings that didn't breathe, the chokehold only brought Hoseok pain. Namjoon winced - Yoongi was just playing with them. 

Namjoon brushed his finger down the knife tucked into his waistband again, eyeing Yoongi's neck. He knew his lover, knew Seokjin would destroy the world to protect his coven, but if it came down to it, could he land the final blow? 

"I love you. Now run." Seokjin said with a final tone, turning his back on his feeder. Namjoon watched how helplessly Hoseok squirmed under Yoongi's grip before the love of his life launched himself onto the prince.

* * * 

"Yoongi, come on." Hoseok yelled as Seokjin's nails clawed into Yoongi's shoulder, ripping the prince off of Hoseok with a single, powerful pull. Hoseok listened to Namjoon's feet pound against the concrete and was glad at least one of them were able to flee.

"Listen to me, snap out of it." Hoseok tried again, rolling his shoulder back and for once in his life regretted that he didn't drink from a direct blood source. He hated everything to do with feeding. It made him nauseous and the feeling of piercing skin with his fangs made him nearly vomit. The blood bags were better but they made him significantly weaker. His muscles felt sore from the single hit Yoongi landed when he'd tackled him to the ground, his throat already bruised. Which, in fairness, would have killed a human, but it shouldn't have hurt nearly as bad as it did for a vampire his age.

Hoseok shifted, feeling the small bag of blood he'd packed crinkle in the pocket of his jacket. He cursed, trying to come up with a way to reach for it without Yoongi seeing. If he could just get some blood in his system, he could take on his friend's hits easier and maybe last long enough to break through to him. Funny how just a couple hours ago he was insecure Yoongi would tease him for packing blood like a little kid packing a lunchbox. 

Yoongi twisted out of Seokjin's grip, a feral smile on his lips as he swung a fist into Seokjin's chest. He turned on his heel and landed a second blow to Hoseok's side. Hoseok groaned, coughing from the impact. His ribs cracked and Hoseok choked on the pain as his hand reached for the blood in his pocket.

"Yoongi. Come on. We're your fucking friends." Hoseok begged.

Yoongi snarled, shifting out of Seokjin's grip. His heel dug into the warehouse floor before his arm arched through the air, meeting Hoseok's chest with a loud crack into Hoseok's ribs. Hoseok fell to his knee, putting his hand on his thigh as he shook to stand back up. Seokjin blinked, standing behind Yoongi with furrowed brows. Hoseok gave him a nod to wait; Hoseok could swallow a couple more hits if it meant breaking through to the friend behind the vampire's mask. 

"Hyung." Hoseok tried as Yoongi elbowed him in the chest causing Hoseok to fall back to his knees. Yoongi's hands found Hoseok's hair, pulling it back with a rough tug. "Fuck man, snap out of it. We both knew this was going to happen eventually. You had to have mentally prepared at some point. Fight the fail-safe. You're the laziest guy I know, there's no way killing your friends is the first thing in decades you're willing to put effort in."

Yoongi stilled, eyes fluttering shut as he listened to the heartbeat echoing from the balcony. It caused his lips to twitch upward, and he rolled his neck, opening his eyes to look where the sound was emanating from. 

Hoseok saw Jungkook step around the large painting obscuring him and Jimin from view like he sensed Yoongi's focus had drawn to it. In most interactions Hoseok had with Jungkook, the kid came across as a cute puppy chasing after Jimin's feet. Facing Yoongi from the balcony, he looked anything but. His eyes were nearly burning, their golden color blazing in warning. His muscles flexed, stance ready to fight, and when his expression darkened, Hoseok thought he looked like something ancient, like warrior from a different time. 

He resembled an avenging Angel. Hoseok sighed, maybe they had a chance. 

The prince smirked, a foul look of delight dancing across his features causing Hoseok to realize Yoongi was enjoying this. Breaking down everything and everyone Jimin cared for. He wanted to hurt them all. Wanted them to fight back.

Yoongi bowed theatrically, like Jungkook was a spectator in a production, and Hoseok guessed that in it of itself was a taunt. Taehyung then called out Yoongi's name and pulled the vampire's focus from Jungkook's challenging stance. Yoongi tilted his head at him, eyes dancing as an opportunity came to him. 

A hand went to Hoseok's shoulder and for a split-second Hoseok thought he saw his friend return to him - that was until Yoongi gripped Hoseok's forearm right where it met Hoseok's shoulder and snapped it down causing it to dislocate. Hoseok rolled in pain. Whatever chance he thought they had in snapping Yoongi out of it died.

"You know what I think?" Yoongi said. "I think you should have let me drink Jimin dry months ago."

When Hoseok curled over from the pain, Yoongi ripped open Hoseok's jacket to where a small bag of blood was stored. Hoseok yelled, trying to shift it away from Yoongi's grip, begging his friend not to take the blood from him. Never before in his eternal life had he experienced true fear until he saw Yoongi's pale fingers grab a hold of that blood bag.

Yoongi undid it with his teeth, thanking Hoseok as his fangs pierced it and blood pooled past his lips until his crimson eyes flared with a bright gold outline. Seokjin launched on him, knocking the bag to the ground but it was too late, Yoongi had finished it.

Hoseok slumped forward, hissing through the pain in his arm as he watched them lose the only edge they had on Yoongi in the first place. A prince who hadn't fed in nearly six months was beatable - but a prince with gold in his eyes was a much more sinister threat.

Yoongi traded blows with Seokjin who danced with him, blocking a punch with his elbow before slashing at Yoongi's side only for the other to maneuver easily around it. Yoongi grinned, getting a hold on Seokjin's head and tossing him to the ground with enough strength that the concrete cracked underneath. Seokjin stilled for a moment, coughing as his arms shook while he pushed himself back up. Hoseok blinked, knowing if Seokjin wasn't a prince, he could have instantly died. 

Hoseok riled from the white-hot pain in his arm as Yoongi's steps echoed toward him, Seokjin still regaining his balance as he was standing up behind them. Yoongi stopped right by Taehyung who had ran over to Hoseok, kneeling down to get to his level as the younger was trying to pop Hoseok's arm back into place. The prince smiled warmly at Taehyung, his finger lifting his chin. 

"Tae don't look at him!" Hoseok yelled out realizing why Yoongi had wanted the blood - but it was too late.

"Dance with Jin." Yoongi ordered and something flickered across Taehyung's face like a candle flame tested by wind before his eyes glazed over. Hoseok cursed. When a prince's eyes burned gold, it was possible for them to control a vampire for a short time. It was rare and required their focus, but Hoseok watched the order seep into Taehyung's muscles, causing him to step between Yoongi and Seokjin.

Seokjin, back on his feet though slightly dizzy, reached to slash at Yoongi's back onto for a member of his own coven to raise his arms against him instead. Taehyung lifelessly intersected the blow causing Seokjin to hesitate and pull back.

"Hyung." Hoseok said, now truly afraid.

"Thank you, friend." Yoongi said rather humanly before his frame cast a shadow on Hoseok below him, "For everything." 

With a single movement, Yoongi grabbed Hoseok by his dislocated shoulder and slammed him into the warehouse wall. The crack of impact recoiled through the space and as Hoseok knew there would be no reaching through to Yoongi as his body slumped over into darkness.

* * *

Seokjin raged as Taehyung stepped into each of his attempted hits. He stared at the beautiful boy he helped raise with Namjoon and felt ice seep into his bones. Controlling another vampire was a dirty trick, something no prince exactly looked kindly on, but to control one of Seokjin's own was unfathomable.

Yoongi rolled his eyes as Taehyung's muscles tensed from the strain of acting against his will. It was an exhausting thing to be controlled. Seokjin could see the strain cause Taehyung's stance to waver, sweat covering his brow as if he was running a marathon. Yoongi grabbed a hold of Taehyung's hair, fingers brushing through it and for a moment something Yoongi's eyes seemed to slide into a profound, unimaginable panic, before the coldness returned and the vampire prince threw Taehyung to the ground. Instantly, Taehyung's body stilled, and Seokjin screamed with such profound rage, it nearly ripped apart his throat. 

"I forget how unreliable that little trick of ours is." Yoongi said with a voice that didn't sound like his own. It was lifeless and cold. 

"Enough!" Seokjin screamed. He saw the doubt in Namjoon's face earlier, wondering if Seokjin could kill his own brother. Since the dawn of vampires, never had a prince fallen. They were old as time and born from nature itself, despite the world calling them the opposite. They were made for blood as humans were made of it and to kill one would be to kill an extension of history. In some ways, that made him family. But Hoseok was down and so was Taehyung.

Yoongi licked the blood from his cheek before he swung again at Seokjin who moved out of the way just in time. The two vampires danced, maneuvering around each other like they were stepping to choreography. Seokjin was starting to truly sweat; their strength was too well matched for either prince to gain leverage, but the blinding rage definitely helped. Finally, a blow landed on Yoongi's side - but it wasn't from Seokjin's fist.

Seokjin raised his brows as Jeon Jungkook jumped into the fray. His movements were like liquid, shifting around Yoongi to hit him in his blind spots like the trained boxer he was. His eyes were like the darkest parts of an ocean, drowning in the image of his friend on the ground behind them. With his tongue poking his cheek, Jungkook's muscles flared, and his legs worked to shift around each of Yoongi's slashes. He ducked, hitting Yoongi low in the stomach before coming back up and dodging a blow to his nose. Seokjin felt a moment of pride swell in his chest; Jungkook looked fearless. 

With a quick shake of his head, Seokjin jumped in to help. He paired his movements with the younger vampire, attacking when Yoongi was focused on hitting Jungkook high and Seokjin would have an opening to slash low. Seokjin felt his muscles cry from the strain of containing Yoongi, hoping the prince mirrored his exhaustion and would soon fall to it. He wasn't sure how much longer he could keep this up. 

Caught up in the fight, Seokjin hadn't stopped to realize that there were two heartbeats pounding in the warehouse and not just one. Panic settled into his bones, and he tensed his jaw as he ducked out of hit, looking over at Jungkook. 

If Jungkook was on the first level - who was with Jimin?

"No." Seokjin said and Yoongi perked up. It was enough distraction that Jungkook was able to hook his leg behind Yoongi's knee and cause the older to stumble. Jungkook landed two more blows to his back before Yoongi rolled and pinned him to the ground while Jungkook brought up his elbows to block the punches to his face. Seokjin slashed at Yoongi's back drawing his attention away from Jungkook just long enough for Jungkook to get back on his feet.

"Jungkook." Jin heaved. "Where's Jimin? Why aren't you with him?"

"I don't know if you noticed, Hyung, but you're losing."

"Sass? Now? Jeon?"

"Hoseok's down. So's -" Jungkook swallowed. "So is Taehyung. You're exhausted too. You need me down here. Jimin's safe, trust me. He's the one who told me to come down and join you. I tried to talk him out of it but he's right Hyung. You need me."

"You sure about that?" Yoongi said with a grin, looking off towards the warehouse entrance. Jungkook blinked, hearing two heartbeats behind him which made him turn around in confusion. Instantly, a foot hit Jungkook's back causing him to kneel onto the floor. His heart shattered in his chest: Park Jimin and Kim Namjoon stood at the front door. Namjoon had a knife out in his hand and Jimin - Jimin was just standing there. Like he was ready for something. 

"Yoongi, stop." Jimin's voice broke and Jungkook screamed in terror. "Stop hurting them."

An ocean of panic erupted in Jungkook's eyes that mirrored Seokjin's own. 

"Well, brother, it's always fun to spar with you." Yoongi said as a way of parting towards Seokjin. "Maybe I should even the playing field between us, know? Aren't you curious what it feels like to lose a feeder?"

Suddenly, everything in the world slowed down as Yoongi tore through the warehouse, aiming for the two humans at the opposite side of it. Seokjin was instantly on his heel and Jungkook giving chase right after, but Seokjin was the only one with a chance to match Yoongi's speed; Seokjin swore as he ran, having meant what he said to Namjoon earlier. He had a choice between two humans in front of him, but only had enough time to reach for one. 

* * *

Park Jimin wasn't scared. It was strange, he thought. When Yoongi's crimson eyes met Jimin's, he was surprised there was no shiver down his spine. It had taken a lot to convince Jungkook to join the fight, but as he watched their friends fall below them Jimin knew that there was really only one way to make it all end. A solution that required Jungkook distracted.

Namjoon had made it up the balcony the second Seokjin had told him to run, staying with Jimin and Jungkook in case something went wrong. His presence was enough to convince Jungkook, trusting his mentor to keep Jimin hidden.

Jimin realized as Namjoon stood in front of him, knives out and prepared to fight like he wasn't a human in a room full of Gods, that given the chance he would have wanted to become Namjoon someday. A human unafraid of himself, someone who showed fear at the end of a day and not in the middle of a fight. Someone who had the chance to run but chose to stay instead.

But maybe Jimin could still play his part and save his friends.

Seokjin grabbed Namjoon and tore out of the warehouse to get him to safety as Yoongi grabbed a hold of Jimin's neck and pulled it so the skin was exposed. Jungkook was right at his heel, but he was a brush too late before Yoongi's fangs slammed into Jimin's artery and Jimin whimpered as Yoongi began sucking the blood out of him. His eyes fluttered at the excruciating pain from the force of it, Jungkook's venom earlier was the only buffer but even then, it wasn't enough. 

Jimin had a second to see Hoseok's handshake and eyes flutter in pain across the warehouse. Taehyung's body tensed on the floor next to him. He heard Seokjin yelling at Namjoon outside and then there was Jungkook. Beautiful, talented, heartbroken, Jungkook. Jimin had only enough time to smile at him, hoping it conveyed the words they'd never shared with each other, before the blood loss became too much and his vision started to blur. 

Jungkook cried out, uselessly pulling at Yoongi to get him off of Jimin but there was no use. Drinking from his feeder, Yoongi was entirely no match. Jimin whimpered, hands shaking at his sides as his eyes fluttered shut in pain. His face grew increasingly paler and Jungkook sobbed as he pulled and pulled and pulled at the unmoving vampire prince while Yoongi drank Jimin dry.

__________
A/N;
Guys. I know. I know, but I need you all to just trust me. Trust in your author to give a satisfying end. Trust that I have your back and that I got you. You just trust need to trust me on all of this. I haven't failed you yet, right? 💜

- Violette

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.2K 1.4K 13
where jimin is a famous singer and jungkook is a normal college student. one day their two different lives pass over and they fall in love Contains:...
3.7K 167 7
When you meet your soulmate at the most inconvenient time. ABO Universe. Omega Taehyung meets Alpha Jungkook at a college party when he only has two...
58.4K 2.1K 29
"so you're coming there only to see me?" "let's just say that I have weakness for people who are playing not interested in me" Jeon Jungkook and Kim...
13.2K 458 17
It's been a year since high school ended, everyone is headed off to college, Taehyung being one of them. He's happy to finally leave behind his past...