The Lieutenant's Love

By TJLew182

Sage Sloan is the younger sister of Mark Sloan. She grew up with the Shepherd family along with her brother u... More

Cast
A Hard Day's Night
The First Cut Is the Deepest
Winning a Battle, Losing the war
Shake Your Groove Thing
If Tomorrow Never Comes
The Self-Destruct Button
Save Me
Who's Zoomin who?
Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head
Enough is Enough
Deny, Deny, Deny
Bring the Pain
Into You Like a Train
Something to Talk About
Let It Be
Thanks for the Memories
Much Too Much
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Grandma got run over by a Reindeer
Begin the Beginning
Tell Me Sweet Little Lies
Break on Through
It's the End of the World
As We Know It
Yesterday
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
Band-Aid Covers the Bullet Hole
Superstition
The Name of the Game
Blues for Sister Someone
Damage Case
17 Seconds
Testing 1-2-3
Didn't We Almost Have it All?
A Change is Gonna Come
Love/Addiction
Let the Truth Sting
The Heart of the Matter
Haunt You Every Day
Kung Fu Fighting
Physical Attraction...Chemical Reaction
Forever Young
Crash Into Me
Crash Into Me pt 2
Lay Your Hands on Me
Where the Wild Things Are
Piece of My Heart
The Becoming
Losing My Mind
Freedom pt 1
Freedom pt 2
Wedding Bells
Dream a Little Dream
Here Comes the Flood
Brave New World
There's No I in Team

Make Me Lose Control

4.1K 140 6
By TJLew182

Addison and I walked into the elevator. Derek was talking to Chief Webber.

"Good morning. Richard, like the hat," Addison said.

"Satan speaks," Derek said.

"Actually I prefer to be called ruler of all that is evil. But I will answer to Satan," Addison said.

"What is she still doing here?" Derek asked Dr Webber.

"I asked her to stay. We have a pediatric surgeon attending on maternity leave," Dr Webber said.

"And big brother I make the best pancakes in the world so why would she want to leave me? I mean I'm awesome you know this," I said. Addison smiled.

"Actually I could use you on a consult. Will you ah meet me up there Derek?" Addison asked.

"Yeah," Derek said. Addison and I got out of the elevator.

Timeskip

I met Dr Bailey after rounds. She'd assigned me to Addison and Derek up in the NICU. I walked upstairs and saw a baby in an incubator that had been abandoned after the baby was strung out. Addison and Derek were there.

"Where's the mother?" Derek asked looking over the baby's chart.

"Gone. She stuck around long enough to get the kid strung out and then took off. Nice, huh?" Addison asked.

"Addison!" Derek said frustrated.

"Derek I know it's a long shot. I know that," Addison said.

"You told me you had a newborn with an invasive mass. You fail to mention that she's premature, underweight and addicted to narcotics. There's no way that this baby is going to survive spinal surgery," Derek said handing me the chart.

"You don't know that," Addison said.

"Even if she does, she's a mess. She'll just get meningitis seizures. She's going to live a short painful life," Derek said.

"You don't know that," Addison said.

"It's my job to know that," Derek said getting frustrated.

"You're not God Derek," Addison said.

"Excuse me?" Derek asked offended.

"I'm sorry honey but you're not. You don't get to decide-" Addison was cut off.

"Wait did you just call me honey? Don't call me honey!" Derek said.

"Fine. You're not god Dr Shepherd. Look if a patient has any chance at survival, which I think she does, then you have a responsibility-" Addison was cut off.

"Don't talk to me about responsibility," Derek snarked.

"You took an oath, Derek!" Addison tried.

"Oh don't you dare talk to me about oaths!" Derek snapped.

"Derek, I messed up. People mess up," Addison said.

"You slept with my best friend in my favorite sheets," Derek said. I walked out tired of their behaviour.

"Coffee Dr Sloan," Nurse Tia said. I smiled.

"Thank you very much," I said taking the coffee.

Timeskip

I walked into the NICU where Addison was sitting with the baby. The baby had a strong grip.

"She's got a good grip," I said.

"Yeah," Addison said.

"It doesn't look good," I said handing Addison the chart.

"She's a got a resistant strain of pneumococcus. The antibiotics aren't working. You may want to get yourself reassigned Sage. I don't think we'll be operating today," Addison said looking up from the chart.

"So do you think Derek was right?" I asked.

"She's just too far gone. She does have a good grip," Addison said.

"Okay," I said. I walked off to find Bailey after grabbing her a coffee. She was sat in the OR gallery watching Burke operate.

"You have a problem?" Dr Bailey asked.

"No," I said.

"You have a mocha latte?" Dr Bailey asked. I handed her the cup.

"I need a new assignment. The Shepherds' preemie case is not surgical," I said.

"Not surgical?" Dr Bailey asked.

"Non-operable. She's too weak to survive," I said.

"Sucks," Dr Bailey said.

"Yeah," I said.

"Did you know about Ellis Grey? Did Meredith tell you?" Dr Bailey asked.

"I don't make it a thing to talk about parents with colleagues," I said. "Not these guys anyway," There was a crash and we looked to see Cristina laying on the OR floor. Bailey and I rushed down to the OR room pulling on masks and scrub caps.

"Somebody help her. Get a gurney in here!" Dr Burke yelled. An oxygen mask was placed over Cristina's face.

"We've got it Dr Burke. We've got it," Dr Bailey said.

"Okay talk to me. Tell me what we do we know. What do we know? Talk to me Sloan," Dr Burke said. "Come on people let's move,"

"Cristina! What hurts?" Dr Bailey asked. Cristina didn't respond but she was conscious. "Let's get her out of here. There's a patient on the table. Lift," Dr Bailey said. We started wheeling her out once we got her on the gurney. Dr Burke yelled at Bailey for a report once Cristina was stable.

"Uh! Her pulse is racing. I need her on a monitor to get a BP. Also, I want her started on a litre of LR wide open. Sage, run ahead to emergency and let them know we're on our way," Dr Bailey said. I noticed Cristina trying to talk. I pulled down her mask.

"Seven weeks. I'm pregnant Sage. Sage, I'm pregnant," Cristina said quietly.

"Okay. We've got you," I said. We wheeled her into the elevator.

"Uh, okay no. We're going to pre-op instead," Dr Bailey said.

"I'll find Addison," I said.

"Discreet," Dr Bailey said. I nodded. I rushed off. I saw Addison standing in the Chief's office. I knocked on the door.

"Sorry to interrupt. Ads, I need a consult," I said.

"I don't work here Dr Sloan find someone else," Addison said.

"If I wanted someone else I would find someone else," I said. Addison gave me a look.

"Right let's go," Addison said. We walked out. "Mark will kill you,"

"It's not actually me. It's Cristina Yang. She collapsed in Surgery. Seven weeks pregnant," I said. "Dr Bailey told me to get you," Addison smacked me in the head.

"That's for making me think you're pregnant," Addison said.

"I'm into girls always have been Ads," I said.

Timeskip

Addison was performing an ultrasound on Cristina who was still very out of it. Dr Bailey and I stood watching.

"Have you notified the father?" Addison asked. Cristina didn't respond.

"Cristina? Cristina? Uh, Cristina? Cristina? Is there anyone we can call?" Dr Bailey tried. "Oh, we're losing her,"

"Oh, man do you see that? It's an extra uterine pregnancy in the tube there. She's bleeding out," Addison said looking at the scan. We went down to the OR. Addison was scrubbing in. "Are you scrubbing in?"

"She doesn't need more people than absolutely necessary to see her like this," I said.

"Your friends will probably come to check and try to get in stop them," Dr Bailey said. I nodded.

Timeskip

I stood in the scrub room. Meredith walked in. She tried to walk into the OR. I blocked the door.

"She's laying on the table naked. Right now she's not a doctor or your friend. She's a patient and she deserves the privacy of a patient. So you're not going in," I said.

"We went jogging this morning. I made her go jogging. There's no way that could of..." Meredith trailed off.

"No. It started out this way. Nothing caused it to happen," I said.

"You have to let me in there," Meredith said.

"You can try. I bet you're scrappy but I'll put you on your ass," I said trying to lighten the mood.

"Right at the moment I hate you," Meredith said.

"I can take it," I said leaning back against the sink. We sat in silence.

"I don't hate you. It wasn't your place to tell me about Derek and I know how close you are to Addison. So I don't hate you and I don't think you're disloyal," Meredith said. "You're military you can't be disloyal,"

"I'm sorry about your mom," I said.

"Thanks," Meredith said. "But we don't have the best relationship,"

Timeskip

I was in my apartment reading medical articles and taking notes. Addison walked in.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," Addison said with a smile. "What are you looking at?" Addison asked sitting next to me.

"Just some articles," I said. Addison picked one of them up off the pile I had set on the coffee table.

"PTSD," Addison said.

"Yeah. That's personal research. Dr Ryan suspects me of having it. So I figured I'd look into it," I said. "So if you're having another chance I take it you're staying or are you both going?"

"I'm staying," Addison said. "For now at least,"

"Good," I said.

"Your friends are checking in on Cristina. You didn't go with them?" Addison asked.

"I went in before all of them were in there," I said. "Grey doesn't hate me but Stevens does and they're closer anyway,"

"You should try and make friends in your intern class even if you're older than them all," Addison said.

"Alex is my friend," I said. "Anyway, are you hungry?"

"Yeah," Addison said. "Let's order in. There's a Greek place that delivers. If you want to try it,"

"Ooh, greek food. I love Greek food," I said.

"I know," Addison said smiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.8K 3.6K 39
Part 1 of Where We Might End Up Series A familiar face from Derek and Mark's past arrives at Seattle Grace Hospital - a former student, a brother, an...
14.2K 693 9
We could be something special if you wanted. grey's anatomy s1━s10 cristina yang & female oc
3.1K 86 5
amor : love, affection, infatuation, passion. Skylar Noelle Grey has always been someone who was on the wild side, much like her elder sister Meredit...
1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC