The String of Hearts

De Prerna345

"Just leave me alone Vibha"Anand screamed , jerking her hands off his shoulder. "I know that I'm less import... Mais

Prologue
1) Pregnant?
2) Dr. Vennela meets Dr. Jay
3) The Conversation
4) Our Baby
5) Conflicts
6) Shattered Lives
7) Feelings?
8) Bitter Truth
9) Marriage
10) First Night-s
11) New Morning
12) Pregnancy Complications
13) Inner Turmoils
14) Forgiveness!
15) Coming Closer
16) Another Heartbreak!
17) Save Our Baby
18) New Hopes
19) Fallen Hopes
20) We are Over
21) Outbursts
22) Opening Up
23) New Home
24) Torn Apart
25) Vennela goes Missing
26) Jay's Birthday
27) Truths?
28) Shradha
29) Healing Wounds
30) The Fight
31) Verdict
33) Being Together
34) First Kiss
35) Day Off
36) London Dreams
37) Betrayal
38) Forgive Me
39) Misunderstandings
40) Vennelas Journal
41) The Report
42) Another Chance?
43) Deep Wounds
44) Melting Her
45) Desires and Regrets
46) Realizations!
47) The Last Entry
48) Divorce?
49) Never Let Go
50) Closure(s)
51) Bury the Pain
52) Love and Agony
53) I Choose You
54) Final War
55) Best Day Ever
56) Home
57) The Nightmare
58) Healing Together
59) Love Beyond Moon

32) Farewell Party

671 57 16
De Prerna345

Jays Point of View

*****

"You invited Dr. Ajay to the party? I can't believe it"I threw my arms up in air. I was frustrated. I was angry and God knows what all was happening right inside my chest.

I mean what the heck?

"Jay I don't have much friends here"vennela said making me narrow my eyes.

"Are you both friends now?"I asked. Vennela shaked her head defeatedly and continued, ordering the food online. I walked towards her and snatched her phone. She grunted, turning herself towards me.

"What's your problem right now?"vennela asked crossing her arms across her chest.

"What's my problem? You seriously wanna know? We're arranging a surprise farewell party for vibha and Anand. When I meant party- I meant close friends and family. Not someone who barely steps out of his cabin and always keeps I don't-give-a-shit face"I said, still venting out my anger on her.

Vennela chuckled hearing me, making me raise my brows.

"When have you turned into a oh-im-so-happy-with-my-life guy? You barely smiles"vennela said making me surprised.

Okay what?

"You're comparing me to him? Seriously? I can't believe it"I said.

Over the last few months vennela and I had grown close. I mean, really close. She had turned out to be my best support system and also our friendship had deleted the distance we had in between. We share everything right now and I always relay upon her.

The vennela I have in my life right now is not the same person she was when I met her for the first time. She was happy with me. I was happy with her.

Although we never took over our lives as husband and wife, I knew she was looking forward to it. So was I. But I still didn't wanted to rush things between us. I'm ready to give all my time and effort into this relationship.

I'm not even sure if I loved vennela, but with her presence my life had turned better. A lot better.

"Jay......"

"Forget it"I plonked on the sofa, ignoring her.

"Jay he's a very reputed doctor of our hospital and he has been nice with me"she said making me grit my teeth.

"That doesn't make you both friends"i said sarcastically.

I don't know why, but everytime I see vennela with that guy my blood boils like nothing. There were times when all I wanted was to pounce over him and warn him to stay away from my wife.

My wife.

Yes that's right. Vennela is my wife.

I know that doesn't give me the right to ask her to stay away from him but I don't know why, I don't like to see them get along.

Probably i was over imagining things. But I really didn't care.

He should stay away from vennela.

"Okay fine. I'll ask him not to come. Also he's a senior doctor, he can throw me out of the hospital or spoil my career. You really don't care do you?"she asked dialling some number in her phone. I lunged forward to snatch her phone, making myself land on top on vennela. She fell back into the bed and i was on top of her.

Oh great!

Vennela was too shocked to respond. Her eyes widened and I feared it might come out. I stared at her for few seconds before I came to my senses. My hands were wrapped around her waist and hers was resting in my chest. I could feel her breath right against my face and our noses slightly touched.

"Anna I'm leaving to pick up vibha oh shit-"I heard Anands voice as I quickly jumped off the bed. Vennela too was startled, as she got up quickly.

"Um-im-sorry I should have knocked"he quickly fumbled and almost ran off.

"Anand wait da"I called out.

"No Anna please continue"I could hear him giggle as he ran downstairs.

I turned to look at Vennela who was red in face. She wasn't meeting my eyes and kept playing with the end of her saree.

"I'm sorry I- I didn't mean to-"I stammered like an absolute idiot.

"It's okay. I have work"she said and hurried outside the room.

"Yeah okay"I sighed and sat back on the bed. Although I realised that I was smiling.

A little later I walked downstairs. Vennela was instructing the helpers which she assigned for the decorations. The hall looked beautifully designed.

"Wow it looks amazing"I said. Vennela smiled and walked towards me.

"Jay I asked Anand to stay with vibha and Amma for some more time. Which gives us two more hours to get done with everything. Also the guests will start arriving in an hour. Oh shit- I didn't even call Divya akka to see where she'd reached and-"

"Vennela..Vennela..Vennela. Just calm down okay. You don't need to get tensed for every single thing like this. It will go well trust me"I said holding her shoulder. She nodded reluctantly.

"I don't know Jay. But I want Anand and vibha to keep this evening in their memories forever. You've made them so happy by getting them an admission together. I know what I'm doing is nothing compared to that but I really want to make it special for them you know"she said. I smiled at her face.

"You don't have to compare what we've done Vennela. I just want to see them happy. And I also believe that I could have never done anything without your support. That would make you involved in everything I do. So-"I paused.

Vennela smiled back at me softly. My heart skipped a beat seeing her smile.

"Okay. Can you please call the catering and let them know the time?"she asked and I nodded.

A little later I walked upstairs to get ready. I wore a crisp white shirt along with the pants. I also gelled my hairs.

"Anand and vibha will be here in twenty minutes. Can you please go down and handle the guests Jay?"vennela walked inside the room. She paused when she looked at me and I narrowed my eyes.

"Stop checking me out vennela. I'm married and I have a wife"I grinned and she blinked her eyes.

"I-Im not checking you out"she said.

"Oh really?"I smirked and walked towards her. Vennelas eyes scanned my move as I stepped closer, right front of her face. I could feel her chest heaving and breath raising rapidly.

"I can see that you're totally checking me out"I said huskily. My eyes fell on her quivering lips. I felt an unknown urge to touch them.

What the hell?

I'm i really having these feelings towards her?

"Jay the guests"vennela slightly pushed me by my chest and I sighed.

"Yeah the guests. Get ready and come down soon"I said and walked outside the room even though I could feel my feets getting colder.

I looked at her once again before leaving the room. Her nervous eyes fell on me again. I turned and walked away, pretending not to see it. Although I could feel her smile.

When I walked in, some of them were already present there. They were sipping their juices vennela just served them. I walked to them and initiated a conversation. Vennela had invited Anands best friend, Sharan for the party.

"Jay"I heard a familiar voice from behind and saw Divya akka and Rajeev walking inside.

I smiled and walked towards them. Divya akka hugged me.

"Never make it in time okay?"I teased her. She smacked my head playfully.

"Hi Rajeev"I shook hands with Rajeev who smiled at me politely.

"Hey Jay. How are you doing?"

"Pretty good"I said.

"Where's vibha and Anand? Didn't they reach yet?"she asked making me sigh.

"Nope. Vennela had asked them to stay back for some more time. You both go take seats"I lead them inside the living room.

Navya, vibhas best friend from college walked in a minute later. I welcomed her and chatted with her for a while.

"Oh my god. You look so beautiful"I heard Divya akkas voice as my eyes fell on the walking figure, on the stairs.

Vennela wore a black net saree. Her blouse was black in golden sequence which sparkled, adding glow to her face. My heart was in my mouth for complete thirty seconds and I couldn't move.

Damn.

Her eyes fell on me for a nanosecond. Blood rushed to her face seeing my stare. I tried to pull my eyes away but I just couldn't. Finally after competing with myself, I looked away and turned my attention towards the guests.

Vennela walked to Divya akka and Rajeev and had a talk with them. A little later she walked towards me and stood behind me. I could sense her presence but I pretended that I didn't. She cleared her throat making me grin inside. I turned towards her with a fake frown.

"Stop checking me out Jay. I'm married and I have a husband"she whispered and giggled seeing my face. I tried to hold my smile but I couldn't.

"I can't help it. Your husband is indeed so lucky. Tell him that he's got a sexy wife"I said and Vennela gasped in shock. I bursted out laughing seeing her face.

"Jay"she looked embarrassed.

"We really should stop flirting like this"I grinned and she bit her lips hard.

Her lips.

What is she doing to me?

Vennelas Point of View

*****

I couldn't even look at Jay after what he'd said to me. It's true that we've been more open towards each other. We've grown really close. But at this point I'm still unsure about starting a married life with him. I'm unaware about his feelings. Moreover I'm scared. He's got a bad past and I really don't want to ruin what we have in between us now.

So I'm letting things go in the flow.

I'm enjoying this new side of him. His treating me well and taking care of me. I haven't kept my hopes high but I'm glad that jay had tried to move on.

I was busy treating the guests when I heard the horn of the car outside.

"They are here"I said excitedly.

Five minutes later anand and vibha walked inside together.

"Surprise!"everyone shouted in unison. They gasped in shock.

"Woah what?"anand looked around amazed.

"Come inside"I dragged vibha by her hand.

"Akka what's all this?"she asked.

"It's a small party for you both. Something to remember before you leave"I said smilingly. Vibhas eyes welled up and she quickly pulled me for a hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

Vibha and Anand rushed to meet their friends and others while I walked to the kitchen to arrange the starters. Divya akka helped me in serving them. A little later, Sana joined too.

I could feel Jay's random stares on me. I tried my best to ignore him. My eyes fell on him at one point. He was talking to Sana. I looked at him for more than three seconds and he looked back. I turned my face away, trying to distract myself although I could see the smrik leaving his lips.

"Vennela?"I halted in steps when I heard a familiar voice. I turned back and saw Dr. Ajay.

"Dr. Ajay?"

"I'm sorry I'm late. I just got out from a shift"he smiled.

"That's alright. I'm so glad you came"I smiled back.

"Your house is beautiful"he tucked his hands inside his pocket, looking around.

"Thank you. I'll introduce you to my sister and brother in law. Come"we walked together towards anand and vibha.

"Vibha..Anand..meet Dr. Ajay. He's a senior doctor from our hospital"I introduced him.

"Hi"Dr. Ajay smiled at them and they started a conversation. I looked around for Jay but he was nowhere to be seen.

I walked around looking for him and finally found him near the kitchen, sipping drink from a can.

"What are you doing here? I was searching for you"I said.

He gave me a cold stare and continued drinking.

"Would you stop and come back to the living room?"I was angry now.

"Why? You have enough company there don't you? Don't bother about me. I'm happy being alone"he said making me sigh.

"Jay for god's sake. I don't want to fight with you right now"I said.

"I don't want to fight with you either. Just leave me alone vennela"he raised his voice. I was taken aback for a moment. Seeing the hurt in my face he tried to calm himself down.

"I'll come in five minutes"he said slowly. I bit my lips and nodded.

I turned to leave and suddenly I felt him tugging my wrist. I turned to face him. Suddenly he dragged me closer by my waist. With all the force I bumped into his hard chest. My eyes widened in shock. He stared right into my eyes making my feets feel watery. I gulped hard from my throat.

"Ja-y what- are you doing?"I stammered.

He lopped his arms completely around my waist and his eyes shifted to my lips.

Oh god. No.

Stop him vennu.

"Kiss me"he said making me freeze.

What?

My lips quivered and body shivered feeling him against me. His breath fell right into my face. I felt tingles running behind my neck and I felt myself melting into his arms. I wanted to push him away. I wanted to run away. But I couldn't. I just couldn't.

"Wh-at?"

"I said, kiss me Vennela"he said making my heart pop out of my chest.

"Jay what are you-"my mouth dropped when he leaned closer and pressed his lips against my cheek. My eyes widened and I stood numb.

He's kissing me.

My hand crawled to his collar and clutched them hard. He kept pressing his lips against my cheek. My eyes fell on the mirror on the side and saw Dr. Ajay walking in. I tried to push Jay but he made the hold on my waist tighten.

Is he doing this on purpose?

If so...he's so dead.

"Jay- leave-"I stammered and he quickly left the hold. I saw Dr. Ajay turning back and he quickly walked ahead leaving us behind.

I was still in shock to process anything. My heart was yet to calm down.

"Now he'll remember that you're my wife"Jay said and threw the can into the bin before walking outside the kitchen.

I held the table for support and stood there for sometime. Slowly I touched my fingers to my cheek and gulped from my throat. I bit the insides of my cheek to stop myself from smiling.

"Akka what are you doing here? Navya is leaving. She wants to meet you"vibha barged inside the kitchen and before I could realise she'd dragged me outside.

I don't how long I was lost in the trance. I felt my insides floating. My heart was beating vigourously and I don't what happened to me. I didn't make an eye contact with Jay after that. I just pretended to be okay when I'm not.

Dr. Ajay came to say bye to me. I did not see him talking to Jay. Probably he never did. I bid him bye. It was hard to face him with my face all flushed. He left quickly as if he understood that.

The party ended soon enough. We were gathered in the living room once all the guests had left. Divya akka and Rajeev anna were sitting in the couch along with vibha and anand. Jay was sitting in his chair alone, scrolling through his phone. I joined them, with the desert I made. Anand quickly snatched a bowl and started eating.

"Slow it down da. It's yours. No one is gonna take it away"Jay said.

"Yes don't finish it first and then ask for mine. Just like you did in the childhood"Divya akka glared at him. Anand chuckled.

"I never thought you would do something like this vadina. This is like the best send off ever. You know I had the worst farewell at college. This is something I have never received. Thank you so much. You're the bestest"anand said making me smile and ruffle his hairs.

"Oh hello? I also did half of the work. Why no appreciation for me?"Jay scoffed. I didn't look at him but I surely could see the frown formed in his face.

"Don't worry bava. I appreciate you for whatever you've done"vibha said and Jay smiled at her.

"See the bonding Rajeev. What have I done to witness all these"Divya akka said with a giggle.

"Wow akka. You're much faster than me. You finished the whole bowl of ice cream"anand laughed at her.

"Well -"she bit her lips and looked at Rajeev anna who raised his brows with a smile.

"What is it?"I asked.

"I-Im sort of craving for all these sweets and stuffs for sometime now"Divya akka said with a smile. I gasped in surprise.

"Are you guys -"vibha trailed off and I could sense her hesitation.

"Yes vibha. We're expecting. Divya is pregnant for three weeks now"Rajeev anna said making everyone gape.

"What?"Jay asked with a bright smile.

"Oh my god. That's the best news ever"I said and suddenly my smile vanished as I looked at vibhas face. I could see her eyes welled up. But she got up in her feets and rushed to hug Divya akka.

Anand too got up and hugged her. I smiled even though I could feel the weight in vibhas chest right inside me.

"Congratulations"anand said hugging her tighter.

I looked at Jay who was in the same state as mine. He was happy. But it reminded us of the crucial days of our lives. Keeping that aside, we went to congratulate them with a hug too.

Half an hour later everyone dispersed into their rooms. Anand and vibha insisted to spend the night in the living room and they gave their room to Divya akka and Rajeev anna.

I changed from saree into a kurthi and went to the kitchen to fetch some water. I saw vibhas lonely figure standing near the stove, leaning herself to the slab. My mind didn't wanted to go and confront her. What if she needed time.

She needs you.

My heart said. I quietly walked in. She was startled with my presence and gave me a faint smile.

"Anand needed some coffee"she said and I nodded. I stood myself next to her. After few seconds of silence I decided to speak.

"Are you okay?"I asked holding her hand.

"I don't know. But-just better"she said.

"I know what you're going through vibha"

"You're the only person who knows what I'm going through akka"she said. I gulped hard from my throat.

"But I think its time for me to move on. I don't want to hold onto something which had already slipped from my hands. I have you. I have anand. I have everyone around me for supporting me. And all you want is to see me happy. It will be unfair if I deprive you from that. Especially anand. He's hurting so bad. Probably more than me. But he never show it outside just because he wants me to be happy. I'm giving what he deserves. I don't want a baby until anand also feels ready to have one. We have to get over the hurt and heal together. Besides Divya akka is having a baby. I'm more than happy for that. I'll get to hold her child"she said.

I try to blink away tears. But it didn't stop. Anand haven't let her know that she can't be a mother again. And here she is yearning to carry a child again.

Why is god testing us so much?

I didn't wanted to force anand to let vibha know the truth. But the more he'll extend there truth, the more hurt they're gonna be. There were times I had made myself strong enough to let her know this. But I couldn't. I couldn't see her break again.

"Don't think too much. Just go to sleep. You have to start packing tomorrow"I said.

"Akka....I don't want to go"she said slowly.

"Vibha- you know you've to build your career now"I said

"I know but- I can't thinking about leaving you here alone. Also I don't want to miss Amma. I love being here"she said making me welled up.

"I'll miss you too and you know that. I don't want to send you away. But it's your life. You shouldn't be regretting for not working hard enough. You always dreamt of a good job vibha. Don't let your feelings overcome your passion"I said.

Vibha looked at me, teary eyed. I sighed and caressed her hairs.

"I'm here to take care of amma. Don't worry about her"I said.  She quickly engulfed me in a tight hug. I sniffed and hugged her back.

"You surely is the best"she said making me pinch her cheek.

"Enough for now. Go sleep"

She took the coffee in a cup and turned towards me.

"Good night akka"

"Good night vibha"

Once vibha left I let out a sigh. I was drowning in regret. But I didnt had any other option. I quickly grabbed a bottle of water and walked upstairs to our room.

When I walked in Jay was already asleep in our bed. I thanked God. I didn't knew how to face him after what happened between us today. Closing the door behind I walked to the mirror and applied some body lotion. Then I joined Jay in the bed.

I looked at him sleeping like a baby. His hairs were messed up and he had a small frown playing in his lips. Seeing him, I felt light hearted. My lips curved into a smile as I watched him close. I recalled the kiss and shuddered. I don't know what he was doing to me. But I surely knew that I was happy being around him.

He makes me happy.

Without even realising it myself I leaned closer and slightly pecked his cheek. I came back to my sense when I saw him smiling in sleep. I felt like cold water being splashed at my face.

What the hell?

"So kissing without permission isn't a crime I guess"Jay's eyes snapped open as he smirked at me. My eyes widened.

Good lord.

I grew red in face. I just wanted earth to open up and swallow me. I tried to move away but his arms snaked around my waist and pulled me closer. I landed on his chest. I felt my heart thumping faster and faster. His eyes bore into mine making me melt. But I didn't look away from him. There's something so attractive about his eyes.

"Ja-Jay-"I stammered.

"Vennela"he said huskily making me drew a breath.

His eyes travelled from my eyes to my quivering lips just like he did before. But I didn't feel like stopping him. My body was no more in my control. It was in his arrest.

Jay closed his eyes and leaned closer to my eyes. I closed my eyes, waiting for it to happen. I could feel his breath in my face. With inches gap between our lips, I realised what was about to happen.

"Jay stop"I said quickly. He opened his eyes and looked at me. I gulped hard and looked away from him.

"I-I think it's too soon. We should wait"I managed to say.

He stared at me for few seconds before letting me go. I was disappointed when he removed his arms around me. He sat up with his head, leaned to the headboard. I sat upright as well and looked at him. I felt bad for stopping him but it was the right thing to do.

"I don't know what's happening with me when you're around"he said making my heart ram into my chest again.

I kept mum, not knowing what to say.

"But you're right. We should wait"he said running his fingers through his hairs.

I sighed and nodded my head. Jay lay on his side quietly. I sat still for few seconds and lay next to him. We surely had quite distance between us.

"Good night vennela"he said.

"Good night Jay"I sighed and closed my eyes.

Suddenly I felt him behind me. I turned my face to look at him. He smiled at me softly for few seconds and then leaned and kissed my forehead. I felt a shudder running through my body.

It felt like bliss.

"Sorry. Can't help it. Now I can sleep"he went back to his side and turned his back towards me.

I nervously pulled the sheets over me and smiled. Even though I was shivering from inside. One thing I'm sure about me now is..

I'm falling in love with Jay.

*****

Precap : My name from her mouth was pushing me over edge. I gasped feeling her hot mouth against the skin of my neck.

An update exclusively for Jay-Vennela lovers. So next update will be more of Anand and vibhas although I'll try to add some of Pranuska scenes too!

Hope you liked it! Sorry for the delay. Health of mine...sucks.

Thank U ❤️

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

302K 13.4K 45
||PART 1- REGAL DUOLOGY|| Aradhya, the firstborn of the king of Shiladhika...her life wasn't very pretty. Dispised for being a concubine's daughter...
4.4M 152K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
66.5K 3.9K 29
"You left me...when we were about to start a new life together" Pain Of Love Lasts Forever We meet. We fall in love. We make promises. We leave each...