University of the dead//BTS

Bởi NARQUIZIN_X

"You need to kill me before I turn into one of them" "I hope you won't forget that decision" "GET AWAY FROM H... Xem Thêm

Disclaimer
Chapter 1- Vaccine
Chapter 2- I can't
Chapter 3- Monster
Chapter 4- Safe for now
Chapter 5- Suspicious
Chapter 6- Unexpected
Chapter 7- Suspected (?)
Chapter 8- Accusations
Chapter 9- Twists and turns
Chapter 10- Arrested
Chapter 11- Alibi
Chapter 12- Propose?
Chapter 13- Secrets
Chapter 14- Is it possible?
Chapter 15- A new lab
Chapter 16- The journal
Chapter 17- The plan
Chapter 18- In danger
Chapter 19- Confession
Chapter 20- Chaos
Chapter 21- The rebirth catalyst
Chapter 22- No escape
Chapter 23- Not giving up
Chapter 25- The truth
Chapter 26- Confrontation
Chapter 27- Fire
Chapter 28- The end...?
Epilogue

Chapter 24- Safe?

20 3 0
Bởi NARQUIZIN_X

The rest of the students lock the lab door behind us. Jungkook lifts his bloody bat, and Taehyung stared down his gun.

Taehyung- Looks clear.

Jungkook- Don't be fooled. They know which way we went. They must be expecting us.

Taehyung- What do we do?

Jungkook- We don't have to go back that way.

Y/N- He's right. If we continue down this hallway, we can reach another emergency exit, only...

Jungkook- Only it goes down into the garage. Who knows what might await us in that open space.

Taehyung- So we make a choice. Two human beings with flamethrowers, or a garage that might be full of zombies. What do we do?

Y/N- Well...two men between us and the elevator sounds better than a horde of zombies...

Jungkook- But Y/N, they're just men...probably military too.

Taehyung- Are you worried we'll get in trouble?

Jungkook- We can't just kill people! What of they have families too?

Taehyung- They sure as hell didn't seem to think. "We can't just kill innocent college students! Their parents might mourn them!".

Y/N- He's right. You saw it yourself, Jungkook. They won't hesitate to kill is if given the chance.

I ahte myself for thinking this way. I never thought there would come a day I'm forced to choose between my survival and another person's life.

Jungkook- I'll come with you, but...we aren't killing anyone unless we absolutely have to. Otherwise, we're no different than Seokjin.

He's right...what was I thinking?

We move into the hallway but to our surprise, we find only one guy waiting for us. The other must have gone to get back up. Now is our chance!

Taehyung points his gun at him, but before he can do anything, Jungkook yells and runs straight towards the man.

Y/N- Jungkook, no!

Right before he reaches the man, Jungkook jumps and pushes himself off a walk, kicking him in the head. His helmet falls off, revealing the face of a middle aged man with a bloody, broken nose.

 What is he doing?! Instead of attacking Jungkook, the man pulls out a gun and shoots himself in the head.

Blood and brains spill all over the floor.

Taehyung- Geez! Don't look, Y/N! Jungkook!

Jungkook- I'm right behind you, go!

We finally make it to the safety of the elevator. As soon as the door closed, I breathe out a sigh of relief.

Y/N- What the hell was that?!

Jungkook- I'm not sure what to say at this point. This day could not get any worse.

Taehyung- I'm gonna have to prove you wrong. I just checked, and I'm all out of bullets.

Jungkook swears under his breath.

Jungkook- Well, let's just hope that there's no undead army waiting for us, when we get into the secret lab.

I enter the code, a coldness creeping through my body. What if the monster is still down there?...It doesn't matter. I'll fight whichever horror awaits if it means finding Jimin.

The elevator door opens. The narrow hallway ends in complete darkness, an image that makes my knees turn into glass.

Jungkook- Which way to the lab?

Y/N- Straight ahead. Seokjin could be there. Whoever killed professor Anita could also be there.

He twitches at the tiny accusation in my voice.

Jungkook- He wouldn't do that! I know it!

Jungkook rushes into the darkness, leaving us behind.

Y/N- Wait! I have to enter the code!

As it turns out, I didn't have to. The lab stands open, and inside we find something much worse than a horde of zombies waiting for us.

Y/N- Oh, no...JIMIN!

We find Jimin lying on the floor in the secret lab. The side of his face is bloody, his sleeve is rolled up, and there's a large, red teeth mark on his forearm.

Y/N- No...not you...how did this happen?!

Jimin- Stay...stay back!

I ignore his warning and rush over to him, narrowly ignoring Taehyung's arm.

Y/N- Who did this to you?!

Jimin ignores my question, choosing to focus on what he thinks is important.

Jimin- Professor Anita is dead...I tried to stop him. I'm sorry.

Jungkook- Stop whom?

Jimin- Seokjin. He...got angry when the professor confronted him. He slashed her throat and ran away. I followed him here, but that one got me...

He points at a zombie who used to be one of the assistants from the lab, and now who lies trapped under a heavy bookcase, lifting her head from time to time.

Y/N- Listen to me, Jimin. None of that matters now. We need to--

Jimin- No. You need to listen to me. You need to kill me before I turn into one of them.

Y/N- No!

Jimin- I have a right to die with dignity, Y/N. I won't allow myself to become an abomination.

Y/N- No...please, no..

Jimin- Taehyung? Did you bring your gun?

Taehyung- I don't have any bullets left. I'd do it in a heartbeat, otherwise. I'm sorry.

Jimin- That's...unfortunate.

Y/N- Don't say that! You're not going to die!

Jimin- I think you're greatly underestimating my situation, Y/N.

Y/N- Whatever! I'm not going to just sit back and let you die! I'll find a way...anything.

Jimin- Y/N...

Y/N- I'M NOT GIVING UP ON YOU!

Jimin- Jungkook?...

Jungkook- I'm here with Y/N. What can we do?

Y/N- Good question. Um...first aid kit. Every desk has one. Let's start with that!

Taehyung- A first aid kit? Really, Y/N?

Y/N- You got a better idea?

Taehyung-...no, I don't.

Jimin- I do. Jungkook take that bat and...

Y/N- Don't you dare.

Taehyung- Someone's coming!

We turn towards the door, and we hear running footsteps.

Y/N- Jungkook, grab a first- aid kit from one of the desks and clean that bite. I'll go secure the door with Taehyung.

Taehyung- What? No, that's too dangerous. 

Jimin- Less dangerous than it would be for her to stay here. I could turn at any moment.

Taehyung- ...I hate it, but he's right. You'll be safer with me.

Y/N- I'm not safe anywhere. All that matters is where I'll be more useful.

I take Jungkook's bat and place it over my shoulders.

Y/N- Let's go.

As soon as we leave the lab, we see two men in hazmat suits. One of them lifts a heavy flamethrower and points it at us.

Man- I'll burn you to a crisp!

Man 2- No! Who knows if something could be leaking from those pipes. We don't want another explosion now, do we?

The man pauses and then throws the flamethrower on the ground, lifting his gloved fists.

Man- And I imagine you won't risk shooting them, either...Fine. It's just a couple of kids, anyway.

Taehyung- Not a good idea, buddy. i suggest you go back to where you came from before someone gets hurt.

Taehyung turns towards me and whispers.

Taehyung- Give me that bat. I'll distract him while you try to take his mask off.

I pass the bat to Taehyung, who charges at the man.

Taehyung- Let's see what you military dogs are made of!

He swings the bat at the man, who blocks it with his hands.

Taehyung- Now, Y/N!

Y/N- AAAH!!

I run behind the man, trying to take his mask off, but the other one grabs me behind my waist before I can do that.

Y/N- Let me go!

I lift my hands over my head and grab the man's helmet, lifting it off his head. 

Man 2- You stupid girl!

Man- She took your helmet off? That's bad, man. That's real bad.

Man 2- Shut up.

Man- You know the protocol. I'm gonna have to kill you now.

Man 2- I SAID SHUT UP!

The other man pulls a gun out of his holster.

Man- What are you...?

*BANG!*

Taehyung and I freeze in place as the man collapses. He shot him! Oh, god!

Taehyung- Get behind me Y/N.

Man 2- Look, kid, there's no need for this situation to get any worse than it is. Just hand me my helmet and I'll be on my way.

Taehyung- How do we know you won't just shoot us?

Man 2- Heh. Don't you trust me?

Y/N- I bet your friend trusted you, and look how that turned out.

Man 2- Fair enough. I'm going back away towards the elevator and you'll slide the helmet towards me so I can leave. If you don't, I'll shoot.

Taehyung- Do as he says, Y/N.

I nod and place the helmet on the ground, sliding it towards the man. 

Man- Nice working with you. You better secure the entrance well...there's more of us coming here.

He leaves, and Taehyung picks up the flamethrower. 

Taehyung- This will come in handy. Let's get back inside.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.2K 208 18
He's gullible and naive, easy to deceived He's once a water conqueror, now water is his conqueror He's too sweet, too kind for this world He's an alc...
11K 500 29
[REPUBLISHED] "He's bitten, what do we do?" "Kill him," It was only Nine months ago when all hell broke loose. A dangerous virus had engulfed the wor...
1.7K 39 20
WARNING ⚠️ THIS STORY IS 18+ ONLY! This story contains sections of sexual assault, violence, obsession, physical and mental illness, rape, murder, ki...
4K 86 14
"Don't worry, I know it's not what it looks like. I trust you but I don't trust him so let's go home, okay?" ----- "He's been missing for weeks! I'm...