Betrothed to the Cold Prince...

By eatinmochis

A childhood betrothal takes place between Min Y/N, the daughter of a highly influential family and the Prince... More

Chapter 1:: The Betrothal
Chapter 2:: Plans
Chapter 3:: Forgiveness
Chapter 4:: Nothing like him
Chapter 5:: Hidden Smiles
Chapter 6:: The Bullseye
Chapter 7:: Beautiful
Chapter 8:: Rings
Chapter 9:: Himself
Chapter 10:: Soft spot
Chapter 11:: Blush
Chapter 12:: Forehead Kisses
Chapter 13:: His Princess
Chapter 14:: A Miracle
Chapter 15:: Pieces
Chapter 16:: Closer
Chapter 17:: Again
Chapter 18:: Doomed
Chapter 19:: Secrets
Chapter 20:: Pretty
Chapter 21:: Love
Chapter 22:: Snow in Paris
Chapter 23:: Feverish nights
Chapter 24:: Loving Flaws
Chapter 25:: Love of life
Chapter 27:: Enclosed pain
Chapter 28:: The One
Finale::

Chapter 26:: Life and Death

1.1K 63 10
By eatinmochis

Author's POV: 

You wondered why his stare was so loving yet hurt so bad as he walked towards you. He took your hand and kissed your knuckles, "I love you." 
You smiled, blush coating your cheeks as you said, "I love you too." 
He closed his eyes, backed away and looked at the people around. Not a single person here was his deal. Other than Jungkook and his mother, he cared about none. 
And right in front of him was his whole life, you. 

"Let's try out the food, I think it's really good!" You grinned as he nodded. You took him around to places here and there in the venue. 
None of the people you and Jungkook wanted to invite was here, this was just another one of King's gatherings so why not just enjoy the food? 
"Who's Jungkook talking to?" Taehyung frowned seeing his brother's unusually wide grin.
"That's creepy if it's Mina." You sighed as he looked at you confused.

"They both have been chatting a lot. I don't like this. Mina says they're just friends but... you know." You sighed as Taehyung shook his head, "I knew it."
"I know right? But I thought Mina quit liking guys."
"She's liked guys before?"
"Not really... but yeah, more crushes than me."
"You had crushes?"
"On celebrities? Yes." You smiled as he said, "I'm also a celebrity."

"You're my husband, why are you even bothering?" You smiled as he looked away, clearing his throat. You'd kiss him right now if people weren't around. 

"Here, try this out!" You said, forwarding a piece of cake to him. He ate it, judging the taste as you smiled. But the smile died down when you heard a few whispers, 

'He's just a lovesick puppy... All he has is articles about him kissing her. That's so nasty.'
'Is he even fit to be the future King?'
'The King should choose wisely about the heir.' 

You looked down, trying not to look back but you knew Taehyung heard it. You turned around, noticing the people who said that and glared at them, forgetting you were a princess yourself now. 
They cleared their throats, looking away embarrassed. 
You felt Taehyung's hands on your cheeks, turning you toward him as he said, "It's sweet but... I think I like your cake better." 
You stared at him blankly before smiling a little. But it might've turned out sad because he held your hand saying, "Don't bother about them. They're no one but talkers. That's all they're here to do." 
"Still... you're too perfect to be a weird King. Huh. They're the losers." You huffed as he smiled, pulling you closer.

"I want you close to me all the time. I don't care what they say. You're the only one I can rely on." You smiled, "Rely on me then. I'm strong to protect you!" 
"You'd protect me? What a joke!" He said, chuckling as you frowned, "Of course. I might be smaller in body but I can still protect you. I will, I promise!" 
"I'll wait for that then." He said.

You both tried out some more food and soon, the time to dance came. 

The Queen was dancing with Jungkook. And you already had your partner.

Taehyung spun you around as the song played, pulling you closer and pecking your lips, continuing the dance. With every chance he got, he pecked your lips. And you loved it when he did that.

You giggled as he lifted you, making you wrap your arms around his neck for support. The lights went off and everyone probably changed positions but Taehyung still carried you, smiling as you rested your forehead on his. 
"What if they see us?" You grinned as he replied, "Let them see." 
"Ah..." You giggled lowly as he spun slowly, "Kiss me now." 
"What?!" You gasped as he replied, "Now." 

You didn't kiss him but he frowned, making you chuckle. You slowly let your lips meet him, causing a sudden friction in your heart and everywhere else. Your entire body was electrified as his hands tightened around you. 
You pulled away after a few seconds and smiled to which he reciprocated. His smile was becoming an addiction now.

He put you down gently as soon as the lights turned on and whispered, "Since you don't want us to be exposed, I won't do anything more." 
You smiled, looking down, "I think we're already more than exposed." 

You both looked at the Queen who had the mic with her. 
"To my dear son who's always listened to me, loved me and cared for his mother despite all hardships... Happy Birthday." She said as Taehyung looked at her, the ghost of a smile playing on his lips. 
Jungkook made a toast to Taehyung and then came your turn. You wondered what to say as Taehyung stared at you.

"To my husband who I... care about a lot and... who's comforted me a lot, been with me and made me smile and taught me what love feels like..." You looked down, gulping. 
"Happy Birthday." You looked up at him to see his stare at you. He mouthed, "Thank you." 

From the corner of your eye, you could see the King glaring at you and wondered what was up with him. You got down and walked towards Taehyung, holding his hand and smiling a little. The words of the people from earlier echoed in your head. They questioned his abilities just because he loved you. And you wondered if standing beside him itself was harmful to him. 

Following that night, both you and Taehyung were in your bedroom, freshening up. You looked at Taehyung and said, "We both looked so good today, right?" 
"We always look good." He said, standing behind you as you stared at the mirror. 
You looked up at him through the mirror, smiling at him. His hands rested on your shoulder as he looked back at you. 
"Does the King hate me?" You suddenly asked as he raised his brows, looking a little confused.
"I mean, I kind of guessed he did but today he looked so mad." You said, wondering if it was right to even bring it up.

"His feelings don't matter. He hates everyone other than himself." Taehyung said as you nodded, trying to smile but the feeling of being disliked was strong. You wanted affirmation from the close people of the one you loved. Even though the King and Taehyung were on bad terms, he was still his father. It made you sad to know that you were disliked by him. 
But again, why should you care? 

Taehyung frowned seeing your face and turned you around, "Why are you sad?" 
"I'm not. I'm just wondering." 
"Stop wondering." He said. You looked at him, confused as he bent down, staring at you properly. 
"You're sad."
"I'm not." 

He sighed and got up, forwarding his hand. You took it as he made you sit on the bed, sitting behind you. 
"Legs up." He said as you sat down comfortably, him behind you.

His palms slowly made their way to your shoulder, squeezing a little.
"You must be tired." He said as his hands slowly worked on your shoulders and neck. He was giving you a massage.
"Are you giving me a..."
"Massage, yes." He replied.

"There's no need to." You were about to get up but he held you tighter, shushing you.
"You're stressed. Let me do it for you." He said. You expected it to hurt considering you didn't expect him to be so good at this. You closed your eyes, heaving out a sigh as he slowly massaged your shoulder and neck.
"How are you good at this..?" You asked, your voice sounding exhausted. He smiled a little, "I learned it." 
"Why?"
"I've always wanted to massage my father's shoulders when he looked exhausted from work. So I learnt it... but never got a chance to do it for my father. I tried once, he said I sucked." 

You opened your eyes and gulped. Your heart hurt for him.

You realized his father didn't wish him today. All he said was, "To my son and the successor of my throne, Happy Birthday." 

And it sounded so fake. 

You stayed like that as he said, "Are you thinking something again? Don't. I don't care about him anymore. That's a story from ages ago."
"But it'd still hurt." You whispered. He didn't reply but continued to massage you and after a while you said, "It's okay. I feel better now." 
He smiled, nodding. He hugged you, letting your head rest on his chest. 

He took too good care of you, you realized. You really might've not deserved such an angel like him.

You looked up at him, whispering, "I'll love you more than anyone ever did. Of course, I can't compare to your mother or Jungkook... they've loved you for longer but I'll love you more than anyone else can ever, okay? And I'll compensate for all the love the King missed the chance to give you. I'll steal it from him." 
You smiled as he looked down, at you, breathing quietly. 

He just caressed your hair. "You're weird." 
You smiled, "Only for you~" 
He frowned but chuckled and you felt your heart lifting more. 

You loved him so much. 

—Next day 

"Why have you called me, Your Majesty?" Taehyung asked as the King cleared his throat, "How long do you plan to continue playing around with Min's daughter?" 
Taehyung frowned at the King's question and further asked, "I might have not caught up with your words." 
"I mean that when are you planning on divorcing?" 

Hearing the King's words, Taehyung wasn't sure how to feel. He was angry, that was for sure. But more than that, he was completely dumbstruck. Was that even possible for someone to make that assumption when he loved you so deeply? 

"And why should I do that?" He asked, raising a brow as the King's face hardened. 
"This marriage isn't bringing enough political influence or favour to you. You do realize that we have better options. Lee is still an option. Well, I believe you're infatuated with that young woman now. But better wrap it off quickly and discard these so you can have a better marriage in the next years." 

Taehyung chuckled dryly, no humour visible in it. 
"I'm not doing that." 
The King scoffed, "What?" 
"I'm not divorcing her. She's my wife, the princess of the country and if I ever become the King, she'll be my only Queen." 
"She's the reason you're being obstructed from the throne. People are talking." The King protested as Taehyung shrugged, "Have I ever cared?" 

"Exactly. You don't care. And that's why you're still not fit to be the King of the country."
"You mean, you care?" Taehyung asked as the King frowned.
"If you cared, why would you bring women to the Palace mindlessly and shut out reporters? I mean, I can still smell women's perfume here that doesn't belong to my mother." 
"Prince Taehyung." The King spoke in a loud voice as Taehyung rolled his eyes, "If this is what caring about people's thoughts and being a fit King means, I damn don't want it."
"You disrespectful b-stard." The King whispered as Taehyung nodded, "Right, anything other than a cheater." 

The King took two steps towards Taehyung, his eyes filled with rage. But Taehyung didn't care. He was used to that look of the King. A look that conveyed hatred, rage and disappointment. 

"You're just like your mother... a useless piece of shit." The King's words stabbed TAehyung deep in the heart but he held that poker face, nodding.
"Okay. And?" 
The King gasped as Taehyung said, "You do know well that I have evidence of you being a cheater, a dishonest King who smuggled in money, right?" 
The King's wide eyes made Taehyung sigh, "Well, I didn't originally plan on knowing when I was 15 but... you see, I just happened to have a very short childhood, thanks to you." 
"You're blaming me?" The King laughed in anger, "Blame your mother for not being a perfect wife."
"And you're a perfect husband? A cheater?" He asked. 

"Utter one more word and you're getting slapped." The King said, "You already beat me up a lot. Do it again. I don't care. Either way, you're a f-cking cheater, a failed husband and a failed father and I won't listen to a single word you say because you're the worst person to ever exist, unworthy of this throne that you sit on-"

His words were interrupted as a loud punch landed on his face. 

—On the other hand 

"Where is Prince Taehyung?" You asked a maid as she bowed politely, "I'm afraid I do not know, your Highness." 
You sighed and nodded, looking around. It had been almost an hour since he went somewhere. You wondered where he went off without telling you. Suddenly, you heard a few maids nearby whispering among themselves. 
"The King called the prince into his chamber! I wonder what it is!"
"The last time he did, the Prince came out bleeding..."
"Oh god... does he beat the Prince?"
"Shush! If we're heard, we'll die." 

You frowned and quickly walked towards the King's chamber. No, you ran. 

Until you reached there. Worry filled your entire body as you opened the door with trembling hands, already hearing groans. You barged into the room as a loud gasp escaped your lips to see the scene in front of you.

The King was on top of the Prince, punching him mercilessly as Taehyung laughed, blood oozing out of his lips. 

Both of the heads turned towards you at once and that was it. Your heart fell down, somewhere else... but you knew that it wasn't in your body anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 913 33
"๐—ก๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜† ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜€, ๐—ž๐—ถ๐—บ ๐—ง๐—ฎ๐—ฒ๐—ต๐˜†๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ž๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด...
62.5K 2.4K 24
Y/n and jungkook lived happily together for 1 year, until one day, everything changed....... Read this story to find out what happened
1.2K 73 5
He slapped me, making my face whip to the side as the whole cafeteria went quiet. "Don't ever touch her." He said gritting his teeth as he grabbed Mi...