Betrothed to the Cold Prince...

By eatinmochis

A childhood betrothal takes place between Min Y/N, the daughter of a highly influential family and the Prince... More

Chapter 1:: The Betrothal
Chapter 2:: Plans
Chapter 3:: Forgiveness
Chapter 4:: Nothing like him
Chapter 5:: Hidden Smiles
Chapter 6:: The Bullseye
Chapter 7:: Beautiful
Chapter 8:: Rings
Chapter 9:: Himself
Chapter 10:: Soft spot
Chapter 11:: Blush
Chapter 12:: Forehead Kisses
Chapter 13:: His Princess
Chapter 14:: A Miracle
Chapter 15:: Pieces
Chapter 16:: Closer
Chapter 17:: Again
Chapter 19:: Secrets
Chapter 20:: Pretty
Chapter 21:: Love
Chapter 22:: Snow in Paris
Chapter 23:: Feverish nights
Chapter 24:: Loving Flaws
Chapter 25:: Love of life
Chapter 26:: Life and Death
Chapter 27:: Enclosed pain
Chapter 28:: The One
Finale::

Chapter 18:: Doomed

1.2K 70 23
By eatinmochis

Author's POV: 

"It all started in the first year when Y/N was in a different class... we all were actually. But there were these girls and guys who hated her. She wasn't like this before, you know. She was different... like those childish girls who were mature but acted like rainbows and clouds, jumped happily and talked nonstop, laughed loudly grabbing a lot of attention. Some admired her but most people just... talked behind her. It turned to the point, she was called mentally unstable on her face. Some even tried to bully her but couldn't..." 
Mina sighed, looking down. Taehyung's grip on you tightened as he nodded, "Don't need to say any more." 
"But she seems happy these days. I'm thankful for that." Mina smiled as Taehyung gulped, looking away. 

"I'll take her to her bedroom. She's asleep." Taehyung spoke as Jungkook replied, "I'll need others to help me clean this up... the maids will escort you to your rooms, don't worry." 

Taehyung got up, holding you up along with him. He picked you up in a bridal style, making everyone go nuts. 
"Hyung... is... so... manly." Jungkook said.
"I'd be gay for him if he wasn't married." Mark asserted making Taehyung frown at him.
"I'm not though... chill man." 

Hyunjin started laughing while Jojo was confused about this. Being a pure American sucked right now. 

Taehyung walked inside, grabbing the attention of the maids but right now, he didn't care. He walked into your room, slowly placing you on the bed and pulled the duvet over you, smiling when you mumbled a few things in your sleep. Your hair was messed up and he sighed, moving some hair from your face. 
"Pretty." He whispered, sitting on the floor with his knees. He stared at you, leaning in closer as he was inches away from your face. He placed a kiss on your left cheek and then your right cheek. He placed another one on your forehead and your nose. He would kiss your lips next but he didn't. 

He got up and sighed. He'd kiss you one day. An urge that he had for days and now he was acknowledging it more clearly than ever.  

He walked out of the room, turning off the lights. 
"Keep a jug of water and hangover medicine on the nightstand." He said to the maids who nodded, bowing politely. 
He walked inside his room and sighed. He wondered why his heart was aching so much for you. He didn't even know everything yet, he wanted to know it from you. 

But all he wanted right now was to give you any warmth and comfort he had.

He rested his back against the bathroom door, smiling to himself which turned into a chuckle. And right now, he was alone. And he could laugh all he wanted. 

But when he did, your words 'You have a beautiful smile' appeared in his mind, making him feel happier than he'd ever been. He realized how his life almost revolved around you now. You were his happy pill. And his heart felt so full and wholesome as he remembered you. 

—Next morning

"Oh god... my head hurts." You sighed, entering the dining room to see all your friends there. Taehyung was also there, staring in your direction. You gulped, walked towards them and sat beside him. 
He leaned in closer to you, asking, "Are you okay?"
You cleared your throat, nodding, "Y-Yeah.."
You looked around, not finding the Queen as he spoke, "She's out... left the breakfast for bachelors."
You hummed and looked at the food, smiling when you saw your favourite croissants. Taehyung smiled a little, putting one on your plate and making you smile even wider.
"Thanks."

You took a strawberry and placed it on his plate.
"Strawberries here are sweet."
"So are you both..." Jungkook smiled as you looked at him, a little confused. 

You coughed and continued eating as everyone smiled among themselves. They had seen a side of this famous "Cold" prince that was all thanks to you. 

—Time skip

"Shopping is the greatest way of treating your friends. Great job, Prince." Mina said to Taehyung who nodded, clearly uninterested. All he was going to do was spend money, that was it. 

"Don't you want to buy anything?" Taehyung asked as you shook your head, "Not really.." 
"Why?" He asked. You  just shrugged, "I don't have anything I want." 
He nodded, walked towards the clothes rack and picked up a beautiful frock. It was of floral print as you stared at it. 
"Here, try this out." He spoke. You looked at it and frowned, "This isn't what I wear these days.."
"It's what you want to wear, don't you?"  

You just looked down as he handed you the frock, "Try it out." 

You hesitated a little but eventually, entered the trial room, trying out the outfit. You got out and earned a few gasps.
"Y/N!" Mina spoke, smiling widely.
"You look so pretty!!" Jojo spoke as you smiled shyly. Taehyung stared at you from afar, letting his heart fill with how beautiful you looked. He was so in love and he could realize it well. 

God, this wasn't right. He'd be doomed soon.

Or maybe he was already on his way. 

You all were done shopping and sat inside a restaurant. The royals had their faces covered, including you, throughout the street journies but as the restaurant was an expensive one with a privately booked room, you were free inside.

You all were eating when you noticed Taehyung exceptionally quiet. Right, he wasn't very good with people and so many of your friends, all talking at the same time might've made him nervous. 
You took a dumpling and placed it on his plate, "Dumplings are good, right?" 
He looked at you, his expression quite hollow yet... sort of... warm. You didn't get it but you smiled anyway. And he smiled back. 

You looked a little startled to him, making him wonder how it felt so adorable but you seemed happy. 
You looked at your food, mumbling, "Your smile is really beautiful. Don't show it to them." 
He frowned but controlled his chuckle. Jungkook was witnessing everything with extra wide eyes which would pop out of the socket at any time.

His Hyung who smiled twice a year was now controlling his laughter. Wow. Min Y/N won.

—Time skip

"You don't have to worry about acting affectionate in front of my friends. They don't really... want to tell the public any of this so. You can chill." You said to Taehyung while you all were buying ice cream. He raised a brow, "Act affectionate?"
"Yeah... like... you did back there."
"What did I do?"
"You... you know, fixed my hair, held my hand on the road and... I heard last night you picked me up and all... must've been troublesome." You looked down as he stared at you, wondering where you got so much of your thinking abilities from. 

He walked towards you, lifting your chin with his thumb, making you look up at him. Everyone was busy picking ice cream from the stall nearby and you both were standing at the corner of the road, away from them. No way would they see you both now. 

Still, he walked towards you. He leaned closer to your face, making you lower your ice cream cone. You felt him staring intensely at you as he said, "There's nothing to show to others. I do it because I want to, showing it is just an excuse because I might've been a coward but... I don't want to be like that anymore." 
You frowned, "You mean... those days you said it was for show..."
He hummed, making you gasp. Your heart almost burst when he pressed a soft kiss on the corner of your lips. Just a little turn and you'd be kissing him. 
You really... wanted to do that.

But you restrained yourself. You looked at him who backed away, your parted lips coming into his view. He smiled at you, nearly grinning. 
"You..."
He intertwined his fingers with yours, "Let's go. They'll be worried." 

But even his words felt muffled. Because your brain was going frizzy.

He just. fucking. kissed. the. corner. of. your. mouth.

In public.

—At night

You had been grinning almost the whole day today after Taehyung kissed the corner of your mind. Every time you thought about it, you almost died. 

The Queen had informed you about the change of rooms. You'd be shifting into Taehyung's room soon. Oh god. 

The thought made you so nervous but at the same time, it didn't seem so bad. You both were literally married and it was hard to process it.

You had dinner and were sitting alone right now. Your friends had gone to sleep already and Mina was with Jungkook, discussing something. You wondered what they were doing. 

You texted Taehyung, asking him to come to the garden. He replied with an "Alright". 

You held the bracelet you brought for him in your hand. it was black and had a small metal moon in it. You wondered if he'd like it but whatever, you thought it'd look good on his hands. He had beautiful hands, anything looked good on them.
You saw him enter the garden and smiled at him, "Hey there."
"Why did you call me?" He asked, walking towards you. He stood near you, tilting his head. You cleared your throat, fiddling with your fingers for a few moments before saying, "So... the reason I called you is that... uh, you know the day we went shopping before our marriage?" 
"Yeah." He nodded.

"So, I bought a bracelet for you..? Uh, I wanted to give it to you for some time but kind of... I don't know, I didn't find the right time to. So, here." You showed him the bracelet and he stared at it for a moment. 
"You bought it for me?" You nodded, "I just thought it'd look good on your wrists. You've got nice hands."
He smiled a little but cleared his throat, "Why did you buy this?"
"No reason. It'd look good on you. That's all." You frowned as he walked even closer to you.

"Put this on me then." He forwarded his hand for you as you stared at his wrist. He tilted his head, frowning as you slowly secured the bracelet around his wrists. He looked at it, moving his wrist. 
"This is pretty." He whispered. You looked at him, feeling relieved that he liked it. 
He smiled widely, "I've never liked a gift so much before." 

You cleared your throat, "Come on..." 
"It's true. Do I seem happy?" He asked, looking at you. You frowned a little, realizing he was trying to show his emotions. He was trying and somehow, it warmed your heart.
"Yes. You look very happy... I'm quite surprised." You said, raising your brows. He chuckled as you smiled, feeling giddy. His chuckle was so deep and beautiful. 
You slowly let your hands move to his hair, stroking them slightly. 
"You're really... impressive." You grinned as he looked at you, his smile flattening. He looked at you, his eyebrows raising up as a half-frown and half-worried face took over him. 

He stared at you, taking 2 steps towards you until your shoes met. He sighed, "Y/N." 

You gulped, hearing him say your name. Did he ever say that before? 

The hand where you put the bracelet on went to your cheeks, caressing them softly as he leaned in closer to your face. 
"I want to kiss you." He said. Your eyes widened a little, your stomach tingling. 
"What are you-" And before you could finish, his lips were on yours. He didn't move but as you slowly closed your eyes, melting into the kiss, you felt him pull you closer making your bodies clash together. Your hands went to his nape, pulling him even closer as he groaned in between the kiss. 

This wasn't a very intimate kiss. There wasn't any tongue added. Just your lips moving together, deeply. 

You both pulled away just a little, your lips still touching. His hot breaths fanged over your lips as you sighed, "Taehyung.." 
He tightened his hold on you, but making sure he was delicate enough and you could notice that. 
He opened his eyes, staring into yours more lusciously than ever, "Don't you dare let go." 
His raspy voice made you smile as you nodded.
"I won't." 

His forehead was attached to yours as he smiled, "I'm doomed." 
Seeing your confused face, he smiled widely, placing a kiss on your lips. And he did it again. And again. And again. 
Until you burst into laughter with him. He buried his face in your neck, letting you draw circles on his nape, making him tingle. He squirmed as you smiled. 

He had finally kissed you. And with this kiss, it was as if another miracle had happened. Because right now, whatever and however he felt wasn't simple. 

He, Kim Taehyung, the very cold prince of Korea was now doomed. Completely.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 4.6K 29
"Kim Taehyung falls for Y/N, but as their love deepens, it spirals into obsession. Will she return his affection, even after discovering his dangerou...
103K 6.5K 56
15 αž†αŸ’αž“αžΆαŸ†αžŠαŸ‚αž›αžαŸ’αž‰αž»αŸ†αžšαž„αŸ‹αž…αžΆαŸ†αž‚αŸ αŸ” αž‡αžΆαž–αŸαž›αžœαŸαž›αžΆαž˜αž½αž™αžŠαŸ‚αž›αžαŸ’αž‰αž»αŸ†αž˜αž·αž“αž’αžΆαž…αž”αŸ†αž—αŸ’αž›αŸαž… αž‚αžΊαžαŸ’αž„αŸƒαžŠαŸ‚αž›αž–αž½αž€αž™αžΎαž„αžŠαžΆαŸ†αžŠαžΎαž˜αž›αžΈαž‘αžΆαž€αŸ‹αž˜αž½αž™αž“αŸαŸ‡αž‘αžΎαž„ αžαŸ’αž‰αž»αŸ†αžαŸ‚αž„αžαŸ‚αžšαŸ†αž–αžΉαž„αžαžΆαžαŸ’αž„αŸƒαžŽαžΆαž˜αž½αž™αž’αŸ’αž“αž€αž“αžΉαž„αžαŸ’αžšαž‘αž”αŸ‹αž˜αž€αžœαž·αž‰ αžαŸ’αžšαž‘αž”αŸ‹...
4.1K 283 14
❝I think your stupidity is finally starting to rub off on me, Harrington.❞ In which the new girl in town earns a babysitting gig... though she doe...
286K 11K 57
I am Park y/n. I live in New York with my mom and my precious daughter. My own daughter Kim Taehee who is 3 years old. I love my daughter very much...