Betrothed to the Cold Prince...

By eatinmochis

A childhood betrothal takes place between Min Y/N, the daughter of a highly influential family and the Prince... More

Chapter 1:: The Betrothal
Chapter 2:: Plans
Chapter 3:: Forgiveness
Chapter 4:: Nothing like him
Chapter 5:: Hidden Smiles
Chapter 6:: The Bullseye
Chapter 7:: Beautiful
Chapter 8:: Rings
Chapter 9:: Himself
Chapter 10:: Soft spot
Chapter 11:: Blush
Chapter 12:: Forehead Kisses
Chapter 13:: His Princess
Chapter 14:: A Miracle
Chapter 15:: Pieces
Chapter 17:: Again
Chapter 18:: Doomed
Chapter 19:: Secrets
Chapter 20:: Pretty
Chapter 21:: Love
Chapter 22:: Snow in Paris
Chapter 23:: Feverish nights
Chapter 24:: Loving Flaws
Chapter 25:: Love of life
Chapter 26:: Life and Death
Chapter 27:: Enclosed pain
Chapter 28:: The One
Finale::

Chapter 16:: Closer

1.2K 70 26
By eatinmochis

Author's POV: 

"Really?" You asked as he hummed, "That's why he invited us... to create a controversy." 
"Oh. No wonder that girl was being so idiotic. I almost thought she was 10 but she isn't. Even 10-year-olds don't act like that. Just like those bitchy actors in soap operas." Seeing your laugh, Taehyung felt eased. 

When he saw Mr Lee's daughter get up, he realized she'd say something to you. He was worried you'd misunderstand but seeing that you were completely chill about it, he felt at ease.

"Why did the family accept invitations from this family? You said they had bad records." You frowned, "The King... still supports them. They have political influence that benefits him so whatever." 
You nodded and asked, "So you came running here to tell me that?" 
"I..." He didn't know how to reply as you smiled, "Woah, a nice improvement I think." 
"Are you okay? Did she say anything mean to you?" You shook your head, "She doesn't have the audacity. And I'm... okay but... alright, if I'm going, to be honest, this feeling wasn't nice. When she approached me and said I was lousy, it kind of angered me." 
"Lousy?" He raised a brow as you shrugged, "Yeah, she thinks everyone's like her. Lousy, delusional and idiotic." 

He smiled a little, holding your shoulders. 
You looked at him a little confused as he mouthed, "Cameras are outside." 
You looked out of the window to see cameras. Wow, privacy where? 

He leaned in closer, smiling mentally while thanking the cameras for appearing. He was dying to hug you but knowing you could react differently, he didn't want to mess up. But now when there were cameras and a valid reason to act lovey-dovey, who would miss the chance? 

He hugged you delicately, making you gulp. Your heartbeats increased as you inhaled his scent. Somehow, the scent itself, his warmth, his presence, everything in this moment comforted you. You closed your eyes and hugged him back, feeling his grip tighten. He pulled you closer until your bodies were completely sealed together, his arms securing your waist while yours held his back. He backed away his head, looking at you. 
"The cameras are seeing a romance opera right now."
"Let them." He spoke, pressing a firm kiss on your nose. Your breath hitched and you'd run away right now, throwing away your throbbing heart somewhere on the road. But you couldn't. 

You closed your eyes, gripping his suit. He stared at you, your trembling lips. He saw Mr Lee's daughter stare at you both in disgust but he didn't care. He had you in his arms. He felt as if his dreams came true. 
"Let's go." He whispered as you hummed. You both pulled away, holding hands as you walked back to the cabin.

———

The rest of the dinner was awkward and you both left immediately after that. 
You looked at Taehyung and he seemed a little worried. 
"What's wrong?" 
He shook his head, giving you a blank normal face. You knew he felt something but he just didn't know how to show it.
"So, how do you feel?"
"I don't know."
You hummed, patting his back lightly, "It's alright. I don't mind whatever happened today so you shouldn't either. Things happen here all the time, don't they?"

"I'd take you to the terrace but..."
"The King has it locked for the next month." Your statement made him sigh. You smiled and continued, "There are lots of places instead of the terrace."
"Like?"
"Like..." You didn't know either. You looked outside the car window, pretending the conversation never happened as Taehyung sighed. He wanted to smile at your silliness but he didn't have the heart to.

—A few days later 

"Hey, Joseph said their flight will be delayed 2 days."
"Why?"
"Some tornado hit the US I guess?" Mina sighed as you hummed, "Alright. Anyway, I didn't want them here or anything. It's strange."
"Oh, are they going to stay at the palace?"
"I don't think so. I don't agree with that." 

"You have a one-week honeymoon soon, what are you planning to do then?"
"I have no idea."
"Min Y/N. What are you doing with your life?" Mina asked as you sighed.

"No idea, either. All I know is that I'm a princess now. I get treated to good food, good clothes, and full-time work service, big or small... but at the same time, I don't feel so easy. Life is still hard."
"Wow, sounds quite depressing." Mina sighed.
"I need a break for real." 
"Make your weird husband move his a*s. Go on a picnic!" She suggested as you frowned, "Picnic?"
"Yeah, travel somewhere for a day without worrying about any royalties."
"Is that allowed?"
"Of course, idiot."

You hummed as you both continued to talk for some more time until you had to hang up. You knocked at Taehyung's bedroom door, making him come out. 
"Hi?" He asked, tilting his head. You fiddled with your fingers for a few seconds saying, "Uh, I'm going on a picnic tomorrow."
"Okay." He nodded. 
"At the zoo. Then, near the lake?" You added as he nodded, "With?"
"You wanna join? I don't have any partner." 

He stared at you for a moment and you thought he was going to reject so you looked down, "Well, it's okay if you don't want to-"
"I will." 
"YOu sure?"
"Yes."
"Like- really?"
"Yes." 

He seemed confused when you looked so surprised. You smiled widely, "Thanks. I needed a break from this royal life."
"You're bringing a royal with you to get a break from the royal life?" He asked.
"You don't count in that... uh, you feel more like... a... homie?" You spoke as he stared at you blankly, "Okay. When are we going?"
"9 am."
"Pretty late."
"That's early!" You frowned but he smiled, seeing you frown. Your frown deepened seeing his smile. It was so heartwarming and beautiful, you wanted to kiss it. But you couldn't, you shouldn't and you wouldn't so. 

He was your husband yet you both were living in separate rooms. But deep down, you knew, the notice of you both living in the same bedroom would come soon. 

—Next day 

"You sure this outfit is fine?" You raised a brow at him who wore his leopard print jacket along with a mask. 
"Yeah, of course. This is my favourite." 
You sighed, "Alright. Let's go." 

You both got into the car and left secretly, the Queen knew about it only. 

"Who goes to the zoo early morning?" He asked, frowning. You rolled your eyes saying, "I do, any [problem?" 
He shook his head, mentally listing all types of problems that could exist. 
You took a lollipop out of your bag, putting the sugary goodness into your mouth as he stare at you, confused.
"Want one?" 
He shook his head, looking outside.

"Why are you so quiet today?"
"You're exceptionally loud today." He whispered. You sighed, "I'm just excited, sorry."
"I didn't say I minded." He clarified, making you smile.

You both entered the zoo after getting the tickets and you walked around, dragging him with you. Outside the zoo, people sold bubble machines, animal plushies and animal masks. You wanted to buy them but first, you wanted to see the animals. 
You all roamed around, seeing different types of deer and birds. There were pelicans and ostriches which were exceptionally stinky, making you gag. Taehyung sighed. 
You saw foxes and hyenas, different horses and a donkey. You made him stand beside the donkey and clicked a picture forcefully.
"Two donkeys in one frame." You smiled as he frowned. He wanted to snatch the phone from you but you showed him your tongue, laughing. He sighed in disbelief. 
There were people around but no one noticed you both since one had sunglasses and the other had a mask.

"You're so.." He sighed as you smiled. You walked towards the area of elephants. 
"Woah." You smiled as he looked at you. He sort of found zoos pointless sometimes but seeing you get excited over little things, he wouldn't say he didn't like it. 
You saw a lot of monkeys and walked towards them, frowning at them. One of them was copying your actions making you frown.
"Hey.." 
"Don't-" You pointed a finger but it pointed a finger back at you making you gasp. 
Taehyung tried not to laugh seeing this and took a short video.

"Two monkies arguing... very nice." He whispered, keeping his phone back without you knowing. 
You looked at him, quite irritated, "Let's go, I hate this monkey."
You stuck your tongue out at it which did the same, making you stomp away in anger. Taehyung looked at the monkey, showing it a thumbs up and followed you around. 

"Ah... we didn't click a single picture." You said as he looked at you, "Is there any nee-"
"YES." You shut him off, taking out your phone. You both went to a corner and took off your accessories, clicking a picture. 
He looked at it blankly as you said, "Get your face down and a bit closer. I'm not that tall." 
He prevented himself from smiling and leaned in towards your face, your cheeks almost touching as he tilted his head, making them squish against each other, the photo clicking. 

You turned around, staring at him as he said, "Since we're clicking pictures, we can click ones that can be uploaded too. Couple goals or whatever." 

He shrugged, wearing his mask back and walked away as you held your cheeks, a soft smile appearing on your face.

Zoos meant a lot of walking. A lot. 

Though you saw many animals and fed a few too, it was tiresome. There was a small park corner in the zoo for children and a museum. You both roamed there as well, later on, exiting the zoo and buying plushies. 
You bought the plushies, he was the one who paid. Not like you asked him to, he insisted. God knew why. 

"Ah, I'm hungry." 

"Let's go to a restaurant."
"No." 

He frowned and asked, "Then what?"
"I cooked a lot of food. Didn't I tell you I'm going to the picnic near the lake?"
"Oh... you can cook?"
You smirked, walking back to the car as he sighed, worry filling him. Did you know how to cook edible food?

—Time skip

Beside the lake, amidst all the bushes and trees and the cool breeze hitting, you smoothed your blue long frock while Taehyung sat there, staring at the food you had made.

Sandwiches, fried rice, kimbap, chicken fries, orange juice and water. 

"Good menu, right?"
He hummed, "I hope it tastes good too."
"I feel like you're underestimating my cooking." You frowned as he shook his head, "No, I'm not."

"Tell me, how does it taste?" You asked once he took a bite of your chicken fry. He hummed, thinking for a moment.
"Not bad." 
You smiled, "So... is it good or very good?" 
He looked at you, clearing his throat, "Um..." He would say 'Not bad' again but seeing your anticipating face, he didn't know how to say it. He wasn't good at handing out compliments but right now, just as if it came to him naturally, he said, "I've never really had food made by other people than the chefs the palace hires. Even my mother hasn't cooked for me. So I think... this tastes very basic but for some reason, it's good." 

You looked at him, softly smiling. 
"I'll cook for you more often then. You see, chef's foods are nothing compared to the cooking of family members." 
He looked at the food, taking a kimbap. You smiled as he ate it slowly, wondering about the taste and everything. He looked adorable. 

You saw crumbs of rice around his lips and chuckled, making him confused.
"What?" He asked, frowning. You shook your head, taking a piece of tissue, "Don't mind me." 
You slowly wiped the corner of his lips, making him frown deeper than before. You noticed one thing about him, most of the time you were close to him all of a sudden, and he frowned. He frowned when he was startled, then. 

Once done, you took the tissue and said, "Eat neatly... Your Royal Highness." 
He raised a brow and continued eating. You both finished eating and packed it up, staring at the lake. The lake was beautiful. 

The sun was setting and you looked at Taehyung, his face shimmering in the dim light of the setting sun. He looked ethereal. He was ethereal. 

He looked back at you, his dark hair locks covering his forehead. There was a silence in this place that felt just as warm as a cup of tea and chatting with your loved one. For some reason, as you stared at him, you felt as if he leaned closer to you. But did he? 

Your heartbeats were audibly increasing and your hands fisted, making you gulp. He looked at your lips, the little tremble on them making him part his lips slightly. He licked his lips, looking at your eyes. You were staring at his lips too. 

If he leaned in right now, he'd capture those lips that he craved for so long. In his mind, he had already reached there but his throat worked. He didn't want you to be angry or uncomfortable. Though your eyes told him that you wouldn't be mad, he wondered if he should. 

But seeing your eyes wander here and there in nervousness before you could look away, he cupped one of your cheeks, making you gasp a little as he leaned in closer. 

And closer.

Until his lips were touching yours. He looked at you, seeing your eyes close and smiled a little. He was about to capture your lips with his but...

The phone rang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 913 33
"𝗡𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝘁𝘀, 𝗞𝗶𝗺 𝗧𝗮𝗲𝗵𝘆𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗞𝗮𝗻𝗴...
600K 9.3K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
808K 30K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
161K 3.7K 16
[Status: Ongoing...] [IMPORTANT: NovelWW is plagiarism! NovelHD has changed their name! Another plagiarism website named "Teenfic.net"] "LuvAnimeSong...