Low Stress: Bite Me (Jikook)

By StraightlyViolette

Navigating college as a freshman comes with more than one challenge for Jeon Jungkook. New school, new life... More

• Opening Note •
Chapter One: Hallo-Weekend Frights
Chapter Two: Pop Quiz
Chapter Three: Bite Me
Chapter Four: Unhealthy Attachments
Chapter Five: Bonded in Blood
Chapter Six: All For A Grade
Chapter Seven: Wash it Away
Chapter Eight: It's A Match!
Chapter Nine: Heal Me
Chapter Ten: Push and Pull
Chapter Twelve: After Care
Chapter Thirteen: Something New
Chapter Fourteen: Mutual Destruction
Chapter Fifteen: Pinch Me
Chapter Sixteen: The End of Us
Chapter Seventeen: Complications
Chapter Eighteen: Crescendo
Chapter Nineteen: Dance With Me
Chapter Twenty: Can You Hear Me?
Epilogue
• Final Bite •

Chapter Eleven: Contemporary Solutions

669 67 39
By StraightlyViolette

Surprise update! - Vio
_____

"Do you think Jimin knows?" Taehyung said, leaning across their library booth and kicking Jungkook under it. Jungkook looked over his shoulder, glancing across the floor where Jimin was sitting with Yoongi and Hoseok.

The three boys were talking with Jimin who was dressed ready for a runway. He was wearing a flowy white matching set, the shirt moving like water across his body. His hair was done too, dark against the blush-colored makeup on his face. Hoseok, who was sitting to Jimin's right, looked equally ready for the stage but with a more street style get-up. There were grad students all over campus in similar outfits for some choreography midterm happening.

"That Yoongi's a vampire?" Jungkook finished, making sure to keep his voice incredibly low. His supernatural hearing picked up on Jimin laughing at something Hoseok said which caused Jungkook to look over his shoulder again. "He has to know." Jungkook said, watching Yoongi lean against the back of his seat, arms crossed with a smirk.

Jungkook couldn't sleep after Jimin had dropped him off Monday night, awake until Taehyung returned to their dorm with the royal dinner news. Both boys had grabbed each other by the shoulders, shaking them as they spilled enough information to knock the other out. Jungkook's shock of course was Yoongi while Taehyung's was the fact that not only had his best friend slept with their TA, but drank from him too. A couple days passed since then, both of them finally recovering enough to actually study for their upcoming quizzes and midterms.

"But a prince? I've never seen Seokjin in sweats. That's practically all Yoongi wears." Taehyung whispered; his History of Jazz paper untouched on his laptop.

Jungkook leaned in with his forearms on the table, moving aside his Interpretation of Literature book. The gen-ed was a requirement for all music majors but it was definitely the least interesting of Jungkook's classes. "It makes sense though. Remember when Yoongi looked right at us after your dumb joke about Jimin's sex life a couple weeks back? He actually heard you."

Taehyung frowned. "He saw my eyes go gold at Euphoria too."

"What?" Jungkook said

"After I fed. People assume the gold are contacts so I didn't think anything of it, but he fully clocked me then went back to his conversation like it was nothing."

Jungkook kicked Taehyung under the table when his friend smiled.

"Traitor. You're happy about this, aren't you?" Jungkook hissed.

Taehyung shrugged. This time when Jungkook looked over to Jimin's table, Jimin caught his gaze and smiled. Taehyung paled next to him when Jimin motioned for them to come over.

"Guess we might as well ask him directly." Jungkook said.

Yoongi threw Jungkook and Taehyung a neutral look as they reached their table while Hoseok sat with a hand slung back on his seat, amused.

"You can come say 'hi' you know. We don't bite." Jimin teased. Jungkook snorted in response, standing close to Jimin's chair.

"You're Taehyung, right?" Hoseok asked and Yoongi glared at him.

"Yea, you're Hoseok?" Taehyung replied, knowing the name from Jungkook's animated retelling of the boxing match. As their friends were talking, Jimin subtly reached for Jungkook's hand which was dangling near his seat, looping their pinkies in a small touch.

"You busy tonight?" Hoseok asked and Yoongi's hand gripped the black pen he was holding just a little bit too tight. Taehyung noticed it too, flicking his brows up.

"Got a jazz show I'm going to around ten." Taehyung said.

"Great. Yoongi will pick you up at nine." Hoseok answered.

"Stop teasing the poor kid." Yoongi said with a lazy, but final tone. Hoseok put his hands up in defense, a teasing sunshine smile on his lips. Taehyung blushed when Yoongi gave him something between an apologetic and a contemplative look, dropping the subject.

"Are you free tonight? Want to come over?" Jungkook asked Jimin in a hushed voice while their friends were distracted.

"Our midterm is in an hour so Hoseok and I have to go, but I can definitely come by after. Is everything okay?" Jimin said as he started to pack up. Jimin slung his dance bag over his shoulder while Hoseok checked his phone for the time. Yoongi handed Jimin the water bottle he'd left on the table which Jimin grabbed before looking back at Jungkook.

Jungkook glanced at Yoongi, poking his cheek with his tongue.

"Yea, everything's fine. I'll see you then." He said, grabbing Taehyung to save his friend from any more teasing. They walked back to their table as Jimin's group parted, forcing himself to actually get some schoolwork done.

* * *

Jimin missed Taehyung leaving for his jazz show by half an hour. Jungkook loved Taehyung, but he was thankful Jimin texted Jungkook to come down and let him into his dorm building when his drama-loving roommate was gone.

As Jungkook scanned them into the elevators, he noticed there were slight bags under Jimin's eyes and his movements were weighed. When Jungkook asked about it, Jimin replied that the showcase ran late. He'd been practicing all week for it and the whole thing finally caught up with his system. He also added that it didn't help he'd fought with Yoongi before he'd headed over, but Jungkook didn't have time to push on the subject as they reached his dorm door.

Jungkook flushed as Jimin took in his room. Taehyung's side was all earth toned, cluttered with journals and jazz albums, where-as Jungkook's half was mostly dark colors. Black bedding with gray pillows and some fairy lights he'd stapled onto the wall his first week here. He'd also taped up photos of his old high school band, the first football game he'd gone to with Taehyung last semester, and his family dog Bam.

Jimin smiled slightly at the photos and it hit Jungkook that Jimin was just casually in his room. Not in their classroom or the library or some club. He wouldn't have believed it if someone told him that a month ago; then again, he'd have a hard time believing half the things he now knew about Jimin.

It's why the whole Yoongi thing bothered him so much. He felt like he was always two steps behind. First, Jimin was a human who knew about vampires. An alive, unbounded, with no interest in turning, one at that. Which, okay, might be an insanely rare thing but Jungkook could get over it. Except that it turned out he knew more about venom than Jungkook himself. So, alright, that was a stranger pill to swallow but it wasn't too big a deal. Expect that then Jimin's roommate is not only a vampire, but a fucking prince.

Jungkook's head spun. Especially after such a good night with Jimin after his match, feeling like they'd landed somewhere real. Finding out about Yoongi in such a round-about way felt like a confirmation that no matter how much Jungkook learned about Jimin, he'd always be behind.

A part of him understood he wasn't thinking completely rationally, but Jungkook just felt so worn. What was he to Jimin, really? Was he delusional in thinking they could be more than what they were? How long could he keep holding out hope? And what else was Jimin hiding - or was it because of their dynamic that there was only so much Jimin was willing to share?

"What did you want to talk about?" Jimin asked, standing awkwardly in the center of Jungkook's dorm. The hoodie he was wearing nearly swallowed him, his hair ruffled from a recent shower and his cheeks rosy from the cold. He looked so soft then, grounded in a way opposite the TA Jungkook met at the start.

A small thrill licked down Jungkook's spine at the idea of Jimin cuddling into one of Jungkook's hoodies instead. He tried to reign it in. Ever since he'd drank from Jimin's neck, it was harder to control the possessive itch. A traitorous voice in the back of his mind taunted that maybe it wasn't Jimin's blood that awoke the feeling, maybe it was just Jimin himself.

"Jimin," Jungkook said, pressing his thumb into his palms. "I know about Yoongi."

Jimin's brows rose. "You're going to have to be more specific." He said, leaning against Jungkook's desk.

Jungkook sat down at the edge of his bed, tongue poking his cheek. "He's a vampire." He said. "And a prince."

Jimin paused. A moment passed. "Yes." He said, tensing in a graceful sort of way. Like a ballet dancer preparing for a leap rather than a fighter expecting a hit. His eyes lingered on Jungkook's, expression cautious.

"Why didn't you say something, Jimin? Why not tell me?" Jungkook asked, eyes wide.

"Jungkook, I only found out you were a vampire two weeks ago. There wasn't exactly a time."

"You could have told me at your apartment! When we walked home! Literally any time in between! You literally live with him!" Jungkook blinked. "Do you know how fucking dangerous that is? Jimin you're human and it's not just some random supernatural threat in your house, but one even vampires don't mess with."

"It's fine, Jungkook. He's not-" Jimin shook his head, letting the word 'dangerous' drop into the air. Like he couldn't even say the word. "He's kinda like a cat, grumpy if you poke him on the wrong day." He said instead and it was enough for Jungkook to nearly vibrate from predatory rage. Jimin noticed, frowning self-consciously.

"Jimin, I don't know how much Yoongi has shared about our culture with you, but a prince is a big deal. They're old, real old, and have silently pushed the world to mold societies however they wish. Blood doesn't just fuel them, it awakens them. The gold in our eyes we get from feeding? A prince can use it to control people. Control vampires, even. And they're not just strong, they're practically indestructible. You know how big a prince's coven is? They have a network of hundreds they can pull from in an instant. Seokjin's on that level despite how loving he can be. They all are."

"He's my friend, Jungkook." Jimin said defensively, but his knuckles whitened from his grip of the desk.

Jungkook sighed, exasperated. He couldn't understand why Jimin was pushing back so hard. Why he wouldn't hear him.

Then it clicked.

"He was your venom dealer, wasn't he?" Jungkook asked, shaking his head. "That's why you know so much about it."

In the strangest way, Jungkook watched Jimin's shoulders sink back with relief.

"At Euphoria..." Jimin started and Jungkook's jaw dropped slightly.

"You said Yoongi gave you V."

Jimin nodded.

"V is venom, isn't it?"

Jimin nodded again.

"You had a prince feeding you venom regularly." Jungkook said, almost laughing in disbelief. It was by far one of the most dangerous and dumbest things he's ever heard.

"There's more." Jimin said carefully.

"More?" Jungkook frowned. He tried to go down the ladder of what 'more' Jimin could possibly throw out. He thought back on every conversation he could remember with Jimin and another gear clicked into place.

"Jungkook, I'm Yoongi's-"

"He's the vampire you dated. He's your ex." Jungkook finished. "And you live with him?" He said, failing to keep the judgment from his voice. Or the hurt. "Do you still care about him?"

"No, not in that way." Jimin said. "It was four years ago." He said, eyes pleading for Jungkook to understand.

"Yet he fucking bites your neck to drug you. Do you make him touch you when he does it too?" Jungkook asked, acid slipping into the words before he could think better of it.

"No." Jimin answered, expression twisting in disgust. "He doesn't." Despite their height difference, Jungkook had the strangest feeling he was looking up at the TA instead of down as Jimin pushed off the desk and stepped in front of him. "Jungkook, I didn't bring up Yoongi exactly because of this! Because it'd mess things up more than help them!"

Jimin was so close to him now, his blood thumping like a drum.

"We dated for five months my sophomore year of undergrad. Five months, Jungkook. Which was almost four years ago! We were friends who tried to be more and it just - it was a huge mistake. We were too platonic. Yoongi and I didn't have some passionate crazy romance, it was a breakup because there was love there but not the romantic kind."

"Yet you still let his fangs go in you."

Jimin blinked, genuine hurt flashing in his eyes. "Yea, Jungkook. I do. That's what happens when a vampire pumps you with venom every time they feed. Especially a 'prince' like you keep mentioning. It's really fucking strong. Did you know humans get withdrawals from the stuff? That we can get addicted if you feed enough times? Or is the venom really just for 'our benefit?'"

Jimin's eyes were lined with frustrated tears.

"You vampires like to pretend it's some kind, humane thing, the venom, but then talk down to us when our system starts to crave it. 'It's designed to make you feel good,' remember?"

Jungkook huffed, but there was no comeback on his lips. For all his coven's talk about humane feeding, he never considered the long term effects it could have.

"And the ex-thing, I was building up to it. It's really complicated with Yoongi, Jungkook. I wanted to tell you everything on my own time. But you also could have just asked me instead of whatever this is, accusing me like I cheated on you!" Jimin said, rage making his cheeks red and a tear pooling down his cheek that he wiped away quickly.

Jungkook shook his head, running a hand through his hair. Jimin's gaze was locked on his own, warmth still in them despite the hurt in his voice. Jungkook cracked, pushing past the pain in his own chest. Wordlessly, he reached for Jimin's jeans, looping his fingers in them and pulling the shorter boy to the edge of Jungkook's bed so that their legs were against each other.

Jimin yelped in surprise, but didn't pull away. After a long moment, his hand went to the back of Jungkook's hair and his small fingers started to slowly brush through the curls. Jungkook closed his eyes, listening to the Jimin's heart beat like it was an anchor to steady him.

"Jungkook?" Jimin asked after a minute passed and Jungkook's shoulders had sulked forward.

"I don't want to be your drug dealer, Jimin. And I don't want to be your sex call, either." He said, hands resting on Jimin's hips, keeping him close.

"What do you want from me then?"

"More." Jungkook answered, resting his forehead against Jimin's chest. "I want to be more, Jimin."

"Funny way of showing it." Jimin replied but Jungkook just squeezed him in response.

"Please." Jungkook said so rawly that he felt Jimin pause. "Please, Jimin. Just listen to me for once and don't snap or talk down to me or laugh. Just listen and when I'm done, if you don't agree with what I have to say, we can end this here."

He felt Jimin still and heard his heart skip a beat. Then, Jimin resumed his movements, fingers circling the back of Jungkook's neck softly as he nodded. Jungkook opened his eyes then. He shifted Jimin's hair behind his ear, looking him in his eyes, before resting his hands back on Jimin's waist.

"You're right, I can't be mad you have a romantic history. I can be mad it's with a prince but I get it - we don't know each other that well and this proves it. I don't know what to make of Yoongi because we've barely talked about him or Hoseok or honestly much at all. But I want to understand you more, Jimin. I want to grow that trust between us so that you can share these things. That way you can understand my side too, like how dangerous vampire princes are or why it matters so much to me that you're safe. Because it does matter to me, Jimin."

Jimin's expression softened. His pout was thoughtful, resting a hand on Jungkook's wrist.

"I like you. A lot." Jungkook said, thumbs brushing Jimin's sides in his grip. "And not because your blood tastes fucking insane or because you're hot. I just like you for you and have had the biggest crush on you since you called me a Kiss-Ass."

- "But I can't keep doing whatever it is that we're doing. It's exhausting Jimin, because I feel like I keep getting these real glimpses of you and then get them shut down. When you cheered for me at the match, I nearly lost it because I was so happy. Or when you wanted to walk me home? That was so obnoxious and so sweet at the same time that I couldn't stop thinking about it for days."

Jungkook pulled Jimin closer to him. "I like how ruthless you are at Mario Kart and how instead of kicking me out of your apartment after we fucked, you wanted to play video games. Like, it wasn't even an option to just end the night there. All those things made me so happy. But then suddenly I'm just a drug source or someone to toy with whenever it gets too real between us - because I think you like me too. So I need you to break my heart now so I can get over how much I like you rather than stretching out my hope."

Jimin dropped Jungkook's wrist and Jungkook felt something crack in his chest. He couldn't get his body to move, every muscle ready to take the emotional punch coming his way. Instead, Jimin's hands rose carefully, intentionally, and brushed Jungkook's cheek. The thumps of Jungkook's heart were lapsed and far between.

"Okay." Jimin said then and Jungkook nearly coughed.

"Okay?" Jungkook asked, fear and hope mixed in his voice.

"Okay." Jimin repeated. "Let's be more."

Jungkook blinked. This wasn't where he thought his speech was going. "You - wait you mean that? Jimin, I can't just date you casually. Please. It's okay if you need to think about it."

Jungkook watched Jimin's expression soften, his guards lowered, and Jungkook was surprised to realize his own heart had moved from slowed beats, to none at all. His pulse finally stopping for good.

Jimin nodded lightly, a small smile on his lips. "I'll tell you again tomorrow, so you can trust it's not spur of the moment, but my answer won't change." He looked at Jungkook like he was something delicate, something precious. "I want us to be more too."

Jungkook nearly sobbed with relief when Jimin melted into his frame, his cheek resting on Jungkook's chest as he engulfed him. Jungkook smiled wide enough to blind the entire universe as his hands lifted Jimin up by the waist and twirled him around in the air. Jimin gasped from surprise and then laughed as Jungkook swung him. His small fists started to hit Jungkook's shoulders to put him back down, giggling at the pure joy on Jungkook's face.

"Sex then video games?" Jimin asked and after the rollercoaster of emotions they'd both experienced, Jungkook had never heard anything more beautiful in his eternal life.

____________

A/N:

It's funny how stories can fight your outline and you have to keep messing with it till it settles. I've been writing a lot to the new SZA album: Kill Bill and Low are my current top songs but I definitely have that album to thank for the fast update turnaround 💀

Fic Pulse Check: how are you guys doing? Do you feel overwhelmed? Are you having fun?

-Vio

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 900 11
Geez this is is my third taekook story i need to chill - College AU Taehyung is Jungkook's best friend, who just so happens to be bicurious, bu...
10.5K 649 53
Jimin was fully prepared for college. He was determined to make it through and be top of the class. However, A certain someone ruined this plan. Coll...
79.7K 3.4K 18
College freshman Jeon Jungkook's life revolves around a secret no one can ever know about him. But what happens when his attractive roommate finds ou...
14K 430 28
Abandoned by his parents and raised by his hyung Min Yoongi, college student Jeon Jungkook is trying to sort out who he is and exactly what his feeli...