The Hellhound's Mate

Від ACourtOfStories

When Jordan Parrish was drawn to the small town of Beacon Hills, he never expected to find the existence of t... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Epilogue
A/N
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 19

7.3K 237 32
Від ACourtOfStories

(A/N: Thanks for 3000 reads! Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Angie had been out for hours, almost 17 to be exact, when her eyes fluttered open again and she inhaled deeply as she stretched before realising where she was and what she was wearing. She was in her room, in her bed at her father's house and she was dressed in one of Jordan's oversized t-shirts. And casually sitting next to her on her bed in jeans and a red t-shirt as he typed away on a computer, was Jordan himself.

"Morning Ange," Jordan smiled as he noticed she was awake. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a semi-truck. Why are you in my bed?" she asked, her voice still raspy as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"I thought you'd be happy about that," he replied as he closed the laptop and set it on her bedside table.

"I am, but my dad -"

"Was actually the one that told me to stay," he informed, and Angie only held a hand on her forehead as she rolled onto her back.

"It's too early in the morning for this," she groaned.

"Actually, it's almost four in the afternoon," he corrected.

"How long have I been out?" she asked as she looked up at him from where she lay on her pillow.

"A while. Almost 17 hours, not including the 20 minutes you were awake because I had to break your leg again so it could heal properly. You passed out pretty instantly after that."

"I vaguely recall it," she sighed before she wriggled upward to rest her head on his chest as they snuggled together, Angie perfectly content to just fall asleep again until Jordan continued his explanation.

"Your dad came home soon after that and he asked me what was going on between us."

She tensed in his arms. "Do I want to know what you answered to that?" she asked, and he only smiled as he kissed her head.

"I told him the truth. That I really like you and care about you and wanted to make sure you were ok."

"And what did dad say?" she asked nervously as her finger began tapping on his stomach.

"To sum up what was probably the most nerve-wracking conversation I've ever had in my life, he said that so long as he sees a smile on your face, he has no problem with it. And then there was the very vivid reminder of the gun he owns and the fact that he's my boss and knows all manner of supernatural creatures that could probably make me disappear with ease."

She laughed into his chest, his body warming at the vibrations. "You wouldn't think that I'm turning 26 soon. I'll always be his little girl." Jordan kissed her head again as he rubbed her arm. "Just for the record, I really like you and I really care about you too," she added as she leaned her head back to look up at his.

"Good to know," he replied as tilted her chin up with his forefinger to kiss her before she cuddled back to his chest, still slightly sleepy. "Derek also stopped by. He dropped off a hard drive that you asked for. I was looking through it all day. I hope you don't mind."

"That's perfectly fine. Find anything good?"

"No. I got sidetracked reading about the Kanima. I can't believe they beat that thing."

"I can. I think a Kanima is much easier than a supernatural dead pool and creatures made out of animal bones," she replied, and Jordan just smiled at her.

"Fair enough. How are you feeling, really?"

She sighed again as she snuggled closer to him. "Like I'm perpetually exhausted. But right now, I'd love to take a shower."

"Alright. Let's go," Jordan said as he sat them up, sliding out of bed and heading into her bathroom as he turned on the shower and slipped off his shirt. "You coming?" he asked as she flipped the blankets off her.

"You won't be able to stop me," she grinned as she padded over to him, kissing him deeply as the bathroom mirror began to fog up.

After their shower, Jordan was sitting on her bed again, playing with her laptop as Angie stood in front of her mirror and brushed out her freshly dried hair when there was a knock on her door.

"It's open, dad," she called as the Sheriff pushed open the door and leaned on the frame after he located where his daughter and his deputy were.

"Good to see you alive. Is there something you want to tell me?" he asked, and she furrowed her brows as Jordan looked up from the laptop, both of them slightly nervous.

"Should there be?" Angie inquired and Noah nodded.

"Perhaps something about a certain bill from the hospital, maybe two bills?" he prompted, and a look of realisation covered her face as she set her hairbrush down on her dresser.

"Ah, right. That. Well, why don't we tell Stiles first and then I'll explain?" she suggested, and her father just shrugged.

"If that's how you want to play it," he replied as he headed down the hall to Stiles' room, Angie and Parrish following as they saw Malia studying on Stiles' bed and Stiles studying at his desk.

Noah knocked on his open door and he said, "Drop what you're doing. I'm taking all of you out to dinner. Whatever you want."

"Dad, I don't think a man of your debts should be treating anyone to anything," Stiles said sheepishly as his father neared him, Angie leaning on the doorframe with Jordan standing behind her as he rubbed her arm.

"Well, here's one debt we don't have to worry about anymore," Noah replied as he pulled a letter from his pocket.

"What is that?!" Stiles asked as he grabbed it.

"A letter of apology from Eichen house. Apparently, they've decided to forgive our debt due to, uh, well, you and Lydia almost getting murdered."

Angie's face brightened as she looked up at Jordan who shared the same smile.

"They can do that?" Malia questioned.

"They can do it and they did it," Noah answered.

"I have never been so happy to have almost been murdered," Stiles exclaimed as he tossed the letter onto his desk.

"And, we might actually be out of it, if your sister can explain this letter thanking us for our full payments for your MRI and my surgery," Noah said as he handed Stiles a second letter.

Angie simply leaned back against Jordan as she pulled out her phone and opened an email that she began to recite. "Dear Angie," she read. "Though there is no measure by which I can apologise to you for all I've done, and all Ennis did, I hope this is a start. After you let me go and after that whole incident with Jennifer at the hospital, I became quite the anonymous donor to the place as a form of recompense. And when I discovered the hospital bills of two people who bared your last name, I could not ignore it. This gift is exactly that, a gift and it is non-refundable with no strings attached. I do hope it brings you some semblance of peace. And again, I'm sorry. Deucalion."

"Deu-Deucalion?!" Stiles stuttered. "Are you telling me that a demon wolf paid our hospital bills?"

Angie slid her phone back into her pocket and she took a deep breath. "I was going to take every single penny I earned working at the station to pay for at least the MRI to help you out dad, but when my wire transfer was denied, I got this email and realised why."

Noah and Stiles and even Jordan looked at her with complete adoration and disbelief at what she'd been about to do for the sake of her family.

"Well, in that case, I can definitely afford to take my kids and their partners out to dinner," Noah said.

"Sir, you don't have to -"

"Parrish, shut up and accept it because it makes my daughter happy," Noah cut off as Angie kissed his cheek, telling him that she agreed with that statement. "Uh, Malia," Noah selected. "What's your favourite food?"

"Deer," the girl said excitedly.

"Pizza," Stiles corrected after an awkward pause. "She likes pizza."

"Should I be concerned by that?" Jordan whispered in Angie's ear as she craned her neck to look up at him.

"She was a coyote for eight years. That's probably one of the least concerning things she's ever said," Angie answered.

"Alright then. Hey, are you sure you feel up to pizza? We can go get burgers if you want?" he offered.

"I'm fine. Not my favourite, but I'll stomach it. You're sweet for asking," she replied as she covered his hand on her stomach with hers and laced their fingers together. They walked out first, Noah, Stiles and Malia behind them as they went.

"I have something to do after dinner. So, is it ok if I bail afterwards before you guys go for the lacrosse game?"

"Of course. Just check in, please. There may no longer be a hit out on your name but please just check in from time to time," she asked as he opened her door for her, Noah driving the teenagers while Jordan drove her so they wouldn't be crammed into one car.

"Of course," he said as she climbed in, but before he could close the door, he pulled her in for a kiss.

"What was that for?" she asked, pleasantly surprised.

"For just being you," he answered, because he noticed the way that she didn't question what he had to do after dinner. She just trusted him, implicitly.

She didn't get a chance to reply before the sound of a horn cut through the air and they turned to where her father's car was parked on the driveway and Stiles was leaning over a very annoyed Noah to beep the horn. "Hey! Hands off my sister! We're going out to dinner, not standing watching you suck face with Angie! And for the record, I never approved of this relationship!" he yelled and Angie only tugged Jordan closer to her.

"Don't act all high and mighty Mischief! I can hear what goes on in your room every night!" she retorted, and he promptly shut up after that as Noah pushed his face away and started the car. "Can I drive?" she asked randomly.

"Sure," Jordan shrugged as he handed her the keys and she cheered, but rather than getting out of the car and heading to the driver's side as Jordan thought she was going to do, Ange just climbed over the centre console and into the driver's seat. "You're crazy," he laughed as he climbed in and she adjusted the seat.

"I see it more as making your life interesting. Crap, you're tall," she swore as she had to slide the seat forward.

"Or maybe you're just short," he fired back as he had to slide his seat back as Angie started the car.

"Ouch! Keep that up that you'll be sleeping by yourself tonight," she retorted as she pulled onto the street and began to follow her father's car.

"So you can dish out the insults but can't take them?"

"I'm fragile. Plus, I'm special that way."

Jordan only reached for her free hand as he brought it to his lips. "You are special."

"Why are you so...charming?" she exclaimed with a smile as she drove, her eyes on the road as her cheeks reddened.

Jordan smirked at her question. "Well, I think it has something to do with this girl I met when I moved here. She was gorgeous, smart, funny and pretty damn charming herself. I'm just trying to give her a reason to keep me in her life."

She pulled up at a red light as she turned to him. "You've given me more than enough reason, for now," she answered as she pulled his lips to hers. "God, I love being able to kiss you when I want to."

"Me too," he agreed as he stroked her cheek only to be startled by another car honk and they looked over to see Stiles flinching as Noah shoved him away from the wheel of the car in the lane next to them.

Angie only flipped her brother off as the light turned green and she gunned the engine.

"Charming as ever," Jordan chuckled and Angie flipped him off too.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

16.5K 492 25
Allison had died, her death had shook everyone. But the person it shook the most was Alice. She couldn't deal without her best friend, so she did the...
9.8K 429 28
𝐒𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 ─ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒. Kat has always known what she was going to do with he...
24.5K 513 12
"If it ment living my life all over again with you Hale I would do it in a heart beat," - Carla Argent "I lost you and my daughter once, I don't pla...
14.6K 643 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...