The School Full of Elite Stud...

By Cr0wn0fC0te

THIS IS VOLUME 1, THERE ARE MORE BOOKS AFTER THIS, NOT IN ONE BOOK ONLY (I realized my mistake; this would h... More

The concept of life is as vague as the aftermath itself.
Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 2; "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." ~ Confucius
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 2.2
Chapter 3: "Don't let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace." ~Dalai L
Chapter 3.1
Chapter 4: "I love those who yearn for the impossible." ~Johann W. V. Goethe
Chapter 4.1
Chapter 4.2
Chapter 4.3
Chapter 5: "Never trust anything until you're sure to trust it." ~ Author-san
Chapter 5.1
Chapter: 5.2
Chapter: 5.3
Chapter 6: "Classroom of the Elite."
Chapter 6.1
Chapter 6.2
Chapter 7: "It's not that people who change. It's the mask that falls off."
Chapter 7.1
Chapter 7.2
Chapter 7.3
Chapter 7.4
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 7.6
Chapter 7.7
Chapter 7.8
Chapter 8: "Desperate problems lead to desperate solutions." ~Author-san
Chapter 8.1
Chapter 8.2
Chapter 8.3
Chapter 8.4
Chapter 9: "Mistake after mistake, turns to success after success." ~Author-san
Chapter 9.1
Chapter 9.2
Chapter 10: "The Beginning."
Chapter 11: "Victory Celebration"
"A Certain Morning in the Swimming Pool." Short Story 1
"Happy? Unhappy?" Short Story 2
"Happy? Unhappy?" Short Story 2.1
"Happy? Unhappy?" Short Story 2.2
"Why try in a meritocracy world?" Short Story 3
Postscript | Author's Note
Volume 2 Announcement!
Rewriting + Volume 5 - 11.5 Announcement

Chapter 1.2

2.7K 73 28
By Cr0wn0fC0te

CHABASHIRA walks into the class and stands in front of the podium, indicating she's about to speak.

"Ahem, good morning new students. My name is Chabashira Sae and I'm in charge of Class D this year. I teach Japanese history. This school doesn't rearrange classes every year, so over the next 3 years, I hope to get to know all of you. Best regards. Although the Entrance Ceremony will be one hour from the gym, I will now distribute the list of special rules this school and matriculation guide." Dude, there's another one?

From the front, the handouts were passed. Ayanokouji passes one to me as I nod to him as a form of gratitude.

I already know most of the rules, but might as well reread them to "refresh" my memory, right?

"I will now hand out student ID cards. With this card, you can buy anything from any of the shops and facilities around campus. It works like a credit card. However, be careful of how many points you use. There's nothing you can't buy at school. If there's something on school grounds, it's purchasable."

It's pretty upsetting how most of the class didn't catch that besides Ayanokouji, Horikita and possibly me.

Wait, what do I mean by "possibly me?" I didn't even catch it on when I first watched it. Stop over evaluating yourself.

I was just plainly enjoying the show until the reveal at the end. I was... shocked to say the least.

"Student cards can be used by swiping them on the machines. Using the machines are really easy, so you won't have any trouble with them. The points will be automatically credited on the first day of the month. Everyone should already have 100,000 points on their card. Also, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any more explanation is unnecessary."

As expected, the class got loud. Not that I would blame them, if I was new to COTE, like directly reincarnated without knowing the series, I would probably question the school's motives, but still be surprised.

100,000 for a high school student? There's no way.

I still question to this day; how does the government be able to afford this? Giving this many yen to students? Imagine, hypothetically speaking, a class or even a grade, was able to get over 500,000 or 1 million yen per month estimate since points equal to yen. This is for 3 years by the way; can they even accept that? Or even 200,000 would be insane.  

Also considering the fact that they're giving away 100,000 to the first years, not the second and third years since they're not new. There are about 40 students per class, right? Using basic math of multiplication, that would be 40 x 4 = 160 students in total in the first years. This means that they're giving away a whopping 16,000,000 yen per month.  '...How is this possible?' I would've said. Well Japan is rich.

"Were you guys surprised by the amount of points given? This school measures the abilities of students. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown some level of merit and worth. The amount of money is a reflection of your skills. Use without holding back. After graduation, however, all the points will be taken back. Since it's impossible to change these points into cash, there's no point in saving up the points. How the points are used are up to you. Use it on things you like or need. If you feel that no use for some of your points, you can always transfer them to someone else. However, bullying other people for points is prohibited. The school is very strict on matters concerning bullying."

Chabashira-sensei looked around the room. 

"It seems like no one has questions. Well then, please lead a good student life."

After ending her speech, a lot of our classmates still couldn't hold back their surprise.

"It isn't as strict of a school as I thought it would be."

The one who said that was Ayanokouji himself. Horikita looks toward his direction.

"It certainly seems like a lax school."

"I agree, 100,000 yen seems insane, especially for a student. It seems like they're giving us a lot of freedom, although I have some questions of my own." I add on to Horikita and Ayanokouji.

"What questions do you have?" Surprisingly, both said this.

"I forgot, sorry." They both were just... staring at me. Such intensity too.

"Fine I was joking, how come the rest of the students here seem like ordinary students, I thought they'd be...competitive or something? It's an elite school."

"Maybe because they realized they'll probably get through graduation. It does say 100% graduation rate, right?" Ayanokouji theorized.

"Perhaps, but regardless they should still behave as good students. They're not. It may also be that they're happy about the deposit?" I add on.

"That's certainly a good reason...hey Horikita?"

Horikita was casually reading her book again while me and Ayanokouji were talking.

Ayanokouji sighs and turns back to me to state his concerns.

"To be honest, all of this preferential treatment is a bit scary. I mean... all of this to teenagers?"

"Yeah, I guess so." I replied back. I wanted him to stop talking to me.

"Ne ne~, don't you want to go see those shops?  Let's go shopping!"

"Un. With this much money, we can buy anything. It's great that I got into this school. ~"

While we were talking, the other students were energetic to talk about the amount of money they've been given. Quite frankly, I'm happy as well.

With that said, I stood up and went to some groups. Since I've interacted with them well, I think I'll do well.

"Oh... Hi hi, Shinjiro-kun!" Matsushita greeted me delightfully.

"Sup. Whatcha talking about?" I noticed a very big group consisting of Kaurizawa's group, Yamauchi, Ike, and some other male students.

"Just a question I had. Do you think periods are kinda like a subscription wom-"

"We're talking about how amazing this school is!" Inogashira glared at Yamauchi who was laughing his ass off.

"... Ignoring what was previously said, this school does seem like a fever dream. 100,000 private points... basically yen sounds cynically insane. I'm not complaining though." I really wasn't. All I have to do is spend it wisely, and manage my money.

"Yeah yeah! Imagine all the things you can buy! There's a big mall on this campus too! Uuu~ I can't wait to try it out!" Nene was practically squeaking.

"Heh Ike, imagine all the games out there." Yamauchi nudged on to Ike.

"...Like the games I'll beat you in?"

"I'll beat you in the game called 'real life', do you want that?"

"Oh my, so scary."

"Fine fine, look Ike. Imagine this. What about all the bikinis you'll be seeing around? Oh man... summer's gonna be great!" He excitedly said. "Dude, and then imagine the grades above us!?"

... Everyone, excluding Ike, started to slowly move away from them.

"You dumb freak! You ruined our reputation before it's been even an hour in this room! You're a loser!"

"Our."

These people are making my head spin. How do they manage on a day-to-day basis?

"Everyone, can you guys listen to me for a bit?"

A student who had the air of a young man raised his hand and spoke. That young man was Hirata Yousuke.

Sensing it, I bid farewell to the group and went back to my seat as he said this,

"Starting from today, we will be in the same class for the next three years. So, it would be great if all of us could introduce ourselves and become friends. We still have time until the entrance ceremony, so what do you think?"

The rest of the class seem to be, more or less, in agreement with what Hirata said.

"I agree! After all, we don't know each other names, let alone anything about each other." Says Kaurizawa. Followed by other students, Hirata makes his...

'Oh no...'

"My name is Hirata Yousuke. Because I was often called by my first name, Yousuke, in middle school, feel free to use my first name. Although I like all sports, I like soccer in particular, and also plan to play soccer at this school. Please take care of me." 

'...It's introduction time.'

"Well, if that was satisfactory... then, can we start self-introductions from the beginning?"

...

......

.........

.......

...

"My name is Kushida Kikyou, and since none of my friends from middle school came to this school, I want to get to know everyone and become friends!" 

Rule 1, don't be friends with her.

"First of all, I want to become friends with everyone here. After all of you are done with your introductions, please exchange contact information with me!"

Rule 2, don't exchange contact information with her.

"Then, during vacations or after school, I want to make memories with many people, so please invite me to many events. I've been talking for a while, so I'll end my self-introduction here."

Rule 3, don't invite her to events or vacations.

I sure hope these aren't broken.

...

These introductions are as long as the war in Afghanistan. Well, that's all America. I feel bad for you Americans... well I'm half American...

Seriously. I didn't enjoy the introductions; the length increases 15 times. However, I didn't really doze of either. These introductions can be key to knowing people.

"Um... the next person───please introduce yourself."

"Eh?"

That is, until it was a certain somebody's introduction next.

It was Ayanokouji, not me. Thankfully. It's only delaying the impossible though.

He nodded and stood up,

"Well ...... my name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. There's nothing too particular about me, I will do my best to get along with everyone and make friends. I do like some music like piano and reading. Nice to meet you all."

I know his introduction wasn't too bad. In fact, it was a bit different. But good heavens, hearing it in person, near him, in the same classroom and environment, gives me secondhand embarrassment.  

Mainly because I suffer from horrible introductions. The class claps out of pity. I place my head down to sleep.

"Nice to meet you Ayanokouji-kun. I also want to get along with everyone, so let's do our best. Next up! It's going to be...how about you, young sir?"

Huh? Damn, I guess pretending to sleep didn't work.

"Are you perhaps talking to me?" I said,

Hirata nods his head, "Mhm!"

Hm... I guess it's time for me to make my introduction.

I stand up from my seat as Ayanokouji whispers,

"Good luck, Shinjiro."

My name's now Shinjiro Akabane, right?

Yosh! Let's go! Let's do it to it! 

"My name's Shun- um...Shinjiro Akabane. I like music, reading, writing, anything I suppose that's interesting to me. I also would like to make some friends too. Nice meeting you all."

I.

The classroom claps.

...Failed?

"Well, it's nice to meet you Shinjiro-kun. I also want to get along with you so let's be good friends, yeah?" Hirata says,

...Or succeeded!? 

Oh wait... those aren't claps of pity. They're claps of respect. They're clapping me! Cool!

Horikita looks at me. "Nice introduction. It's a pleasure to meet you, Shun-kun."

"Likewise." I simply said.

____________________________________________________________

I DECIDED to go to the Entrance Ceremony, mainly to see the characters and cast.

As Ayanokouji says in the Light Novel, it was indeed boring. Reeeally boring.

Most of the time, I was in my head, either thinking deeply about my future, making plans... and then afterwards simply daydreaming.

Thankfully, after a speech of thanks by the chairman or something, the Ceremony ended.

'Alright, so far so good, I didn't make any drastic changes at least for now. But those drastic changes are going to come sooner or later.'

Afterwards, most went to their dorms or went shopping for necessities. I was in the latter, although I also went shopping to see Ayanokouji and Horikita. 

Besides, there's going to be the whole thing with Sudou and 2nd years. Though I would want more private points, They're necessary.

So, I make the decision to go to the same convenience store that Ayanokouji went too.

"... What an unpleasant coincidence. No, two in-fact." Horikita noticed me.

"Why such a mood? Huh, I guess you really are the Ice Queen." Ayanokouji remarked.

"Are you perhaps calling me Ice-Queen because you're blaming me for you being frozen... mentally?"

"Ouch? I just wanted to see if you had any stuff to buy."

"Yea, just a bit. I came to buy some necessities."

Horikita talked while examining shampoo that she took from the shelf. I decided to intervene in the conversation.

"And I suppose you're also here to buy necessities?"

"Yeah. After all, we are living in the dorms." Ayanokouji answered.

"Ah. I see."

Although I do... somewhat enjoy talking to Ayanokouji, I still want to be from a certain distance away from him. I don't want to be used as a pawn, but I also don't want him to think I'm his enemy.

"What a tough choice to make..." I said to myself. I think me and him will inevietably become 'close'. It's inevitable... I might become his pawn if he chooses too.

Ayanokouji must've heard this, since he turns to me again. I need to try and make a way out of this.

"It's nothing, just that It's a tough decision to either get these 2 shampoo bottles for long-time use or just get one to not waste to many points." I looked at the bottles.

"I think it's a good idea to get 2 shampoo bottles that has the same amount of price or even lower than that one shampoo bottle, no?"

I was planning on doing that when I entered the store. I'm 'really smart...'

The Average Masterpiece. Or something... yeah let me stop. This is getting bad. 

Anyway, while we were talking, Horikita quickly puts the shampoo bottle and other daily necessities in basket. As expected, she went for the cheaper ones.

"I thought girls paid more attention to what kind of shampoo they used." Ayanokouji asked.

"That depends on the type of person, no? The type of person who doesn't know where they should be spending their money." Horikita counters, 

"Look, look, Ayanokouji. She may have a point." I said agree with her.

She sent Ayanokouji and me a cold gaze that said, 'Could you not look at other people's stuff without permission?' Or in my description, 'Look away before you inevitably regret it soon.'

Also, I agree with you, why shoot me a glare?

"I didn't expect you both to stay in the classroom for self-introductions. You two don't look like the type of person to be in that group of classmates." Horikita says,

"I just tried to make friends, that's all." I reasoned.

"You certainly failed at that." Horikita remarked.

"...I don't really think so." Maybe acquittances at the very least. 

"There's one thing with this. Keyword, 'tried'. Ayanokouji-kun, what about you?"

"I tried as well."

"Yikes."

"I'm trying to make friends quietly precisely because I try to avoid trouble. Why didn't you participate in the self-introductions? It's only a short greeting. You could get along with the others and get the chance to make friends." Ayanokouji explained,

Yeah, he has a point. If Horikita through of her superior complexity and become nice, she probably would've become the top 3 most popular students in Class-D,

Unfortunately, not only will it take a lot of development for Horikita to drop her superior complexity, but she wants friends as of now.

"There are a lot of reasons I could give you, but should I give a simple explanation? Even if I introduced myself, it's not guaranteed that I would get along with everyone. Rather, it would've probably created problems instead. If I don't do the introduction, none of these problems occur. Right?" Horikita explained,

"But there's still a high probability that you would get along with everyone..."

"Where'd you get that probability from? I say that, but we would endlessly argue over it if we tried to debate that, so let's just say that the probability is high. So, did you get along with anyone?"

"Uu..."

"That...was a major defeat for you, Ayanokouji..."

"In other words, you have no proof that self-introductions make finding friends easy."

Horikita continued on.

"To begin with, I never intended to make friends. So, there's no need for me to introduce myself, and no need for me to listen to anyone else's introduction. Are you convinced now?" Horikita finished.

"...I have no choice but to accept..." Ayanokouji hesitated,

"Maybe one day you'll win, Ayanokouji. Oh? It seems like they have cup noodles."

I pointed at the two boys who dropped their cup noodles into their basket and went to the register.

"Cup noodles... so they had that kind of section too, huh."

"So, boys really do like this kind of stuff? I don't think it's really good for the body though." Horikita stated.

"Eh, I was just considering if I should buy it." Ayanokouji explains,

Ayanokouji picks up the cup noodles and examines it.

"Hey, what do you think of these prices? Do they look cheap or expensive?" He asks,

"Hmm... I can't really tell, but did you find something with a strange price?" Horikita asks back,

"No, that's not what I meant. I just wanted to ask."

He looks at the closet bundle of cup noodles to try and throw her suspicions off.

"Wow, this is really big. It's a G cup!" He nonchalantly says,

"Sorry, I personally prefer C cup noodles" I state my opinion,

I like C cups; Not to big nor small.

...Not like that... come on.

"Ayanokouji-kun, Shinjiro-kun. Did you just think of something inappropriate?" Horikita interrogates 

Ayanokouji and I both looked at each other, and back to Horikita.

"... No, of course not."

"...We...we wouldn't dare." I said.

Horikita looked sharply at us, she wasn't convinced.

"You both were acting strangely though..."

Sharp eyes, both figuratively and literally.

"I was thinking about what I should buy. Which one looks better?" Ayanokouji asks,

"If it's just that, then it's fine. You should stop buying those unhealthy foods. The school has a lot of better food options, so don't make a habit out it." Horikita stated.

"'Stop buying those unhealthy foods'...wait, what makes you think I eat cup noodles daily?!"

"I don't know, you just seem like the type of person who'll eat instant food as a habit."

"I'm perfectly fit."

"Sure." Horikita continued eying around.

"Wouldn't it be fine if I buy just a couple more for the month?" He asked.

"I won't mind, if it's your choice to get unhealthy, so be it." She stated. "I have no business over your personal life or choices."

Horikita started looking away from the food section and towards the necessities section.

Then Ayanokouji ruins it more.

"Wow, this razor has five blades! Seems like it would shave super cleanly."

...

"The hell, what would I shave with that?"

He held the razor blade up high and waits for Horikita's reaction.

"... You know, there's nothing to shave on my chin or even under my armpits. I'm envious of your courage to say that to someone you randomly met. That wasn't even a good joke as well."

"... You've also been saying shit to someone you just met too." Ayanokouji retorted.

"Really? I was only saying the facts. Unlike you." Horikita snapped back.

"I going to have to agree with Horikita. For one, I don't even understand your joke. For two, why say that to a person you just met? Let alone a girl..." I stated my opinion.

Horikita once again chose the cheapest facial cleanser in order to save some points.

"I think this one look better, doesn't it?"

Ayanokouji grabbed a facial cleanser that was a bit more expensive and looked creamier.

"Not necessary." Horikita refused.

"No, but───"

"I already said I didn't need it, didn't I?"

"Yeah..."

He gently puts back the facial cleanser as Horikita looks to me.

"And then there's you. I'm here wondering how you get along with somebody like him?"

"I don't know, I guess I'm the one who usually initiates the conversation with him?" Answered

"I see, so in other words..."

She turns back to Ayanokouji who was listening to us.

"You're not very good at socializing. You suck at coming up with things to talk about."

"Even coming from you... I guess it's pretty true." Ayanokouji says

"Yes, although Shinjiro-kun also has the same flaws as you, he's at least managing better at it." She looked at me. "Well, same flaws is a overstatement. He's just... weird."

"...I'm weird?"

Have I been praised by her?

"And to answer your question. Of course. I have a pretty good eye for people. Normally, I wouldn't want to hear you speak twice, but I will put in the painful effort to listen to you."

With that, our conversation grinded to a halt. I stepped away and started looking for things I wanted to buy.

"I wonder what these are for." Ayanokouji said. I turned to him as he pointed to the individual portions of food and supplies in the corner of the store.

"Free...?"

Also feeling interested, Horikita picked up one of the items.

Daily necessities such as toothbrushes and bandages were put in a bin labeled "Free of charge". The bin also had the words, "3 items per month" written on it, and it was obvious that these were different from the other goods.

"Probably for people who used up all their points somehow in the timespan of under a month?" I claimed.

"They did say that we'd receive 100,000 points this month." Ayanokouji says.

"Yes, but I'd like you to repeat and analyze that statement slowly in your head, Ayanokouji."

I already know that he caught the hint as far back as Chabashira introducing and explaining the school.

Yet, he shakes his head.

"Nope, still don't get it." 

He's still playing dumb; I know you caught on earlier...

"If that's the case, I guess I'm overthinking it."

"Oh well. I wonder if this is emergency relief for those who have used up all their points. What a surprisingly lenient and kind school. I hope it continues to be that way."

"Yeah...wait, I literally just said... ah forget it. I'm out, see ya."

I bid Ayanokouji and Horikita farewell and went to the other side of the store.

...Hm? Hoho, look who it is... oh... no I shouldn't be happy by this.

Masumi-chan and Short-chan. And she got caught red-handed! Loser! Even Ichinose- well never mind, you're better than her. 

"Come on... leave me alone..."

"Fufu, why should I?"

"..Ngh...I just said why" The purpled hair girl looked towards me and glared.

"Oi you there, was I planning on stealing this?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, fuck you..."

My pleasures.

"Hey, just wait a bit! I'm looking for it now!"

Interrupting the peaceful background music was a loud voice from the middle of the store.

Ah, so it's this scene.

"Hurry up! Everyone's waiting!"

"Oh, really!? Tell them to complain directly to me!"

Trouble emerges... Two boys were glaring at each other as they started to quarrel. The one with a disgruntled face was the all too familiar red hair-kun.

"I'm dealing with a short girl, a motherfucker, and now this? The fuck is this school... I thought it was 'elite'."

"It sure is unique, isn't-" i was about to finish commenting before getting interuptted.

"Yeah, I don't care, especially after your bitch move."

"Mmm. Sorry. You deal with... the short one."

"Short one, hm?" The lilac-haired girl looked towards me.

"Nothing. My apologies ma'am." I had the urged to say, 'A SHORT GIRL AND A BITCH ARE SHOPTLIFTING!' but that won't do me good.

Quickly leaving, I exited the shop.

_____________________________________________________________________

Hello, Author-san here!

Alrighty so, sorry It took so long to finish this 2nd part. It was because of me procrastinating and doing other things other than writing. 

As compensation for not finishing at the desired time I wanted to, I'll do another chapter today, maybe even 2 chapters, who knows.

Well, next chapter, or at least the beginning, would be Shinjiro's plan to make some cash. Although it won't be in the typical blackmailing way.

That's all I have to say, and also a certain waifu will show up this chapter. Aka best girl for me.

No, it's not Kei.

Word Count:  3265 Words 

November 12th, 2022

I lied about the waifu, and now she's in here.

December 31st, 2023.

January 15th, 2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 1.2K 21
The Antarctic Empire was growing rapidly, making new alliances, and villages growing immensely. It was ruled by a family of five: The beloved King an...
49.9K 1.9K 5
This is a small story of love just 3 to 5 episodes that means a small ff. The story says every love story has both sides. It is on our one nd only ma...
665K 33.6K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
70.4K 3.2K 11
Ayanokōji Kiyotaka, a second-year student of Advanced Nurturing High School. After finishing the second exam of the uninhabited island. He finds hims...