MEANINGLESS,𝕄𝕒𝕥𝕥 𝕊𝕥𝕦𝕣...

By Elambz

*ೃ༄ღ*ೃ༄ 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 is invisible at school. She's not really important to anybody except her best friend... More

☆Cast☆
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

~9~

11K 153 194
By Elambz

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

Matt🤓
Hi

Matt🤓
It's Matt btw

Heather🐈‍⬛
I know that loser

Matt🤓
right... do you want a ride to school?

Heather🐈‍⬛
I'm walking with Dak but thanks

Matt🤓
Okay
Are you coming over after school?
Nick & Chris want you to

Heather🐈‍⬛
Do you want me to?

-

Heather held her phone tightly as she waited for Matt's response. He had seen the message, and the typing bubble had appeared, but it had also disappeared.

And it didn't seem to be coming back.

She sighed, annoyed at herself for even being excited for a response, and put her phone into her pocket.

She heard a knock on her bedroom door and turned quickly. She opened it and Harry came in, shutting the door behind him.

''Hey.'' Heather said as she packed her bag.

''Why are you hanging out with the triplets?'' Harry asked.

Heather turned to look at him. ''Me and Matt are math partners.''

''You were hanging out in a parking lot...Chris and Nick were there! Don't give me that bullshit lie, H.''

''I'm not lying!'' she sighed. ''I don't actually know why they're hanging out with me, but they seem to like me.''

''Are you sure?''

''What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Are you trying to say they couldn't like me?''

''Obviously not. You know I'm your biggest fan, H, but... don't you find it weird that they have only started talking to you recently? You said it yourself...Matt didn't even know your name.''

Heather was silent. Harry was voicing the exact worry she had, but she had managed to push away. Of course she found it weird. She didn't really understand why the triplets hadn't bothered with her for 4 years and now suddenly they wanted her around. She didn't know why Elmer had seemed off with her, and why Matt was quick to change the subject.

Her hand gripped her phone in her pocket. He still hadn't replied.

''I hope you know you've ruined my day.'' Heather said in a small voice.

Her brother hugged her. ''I'm sorry. It's just that you're my best friend, Heather, and I don't want to see you get hurt. Especially by the triplets.''

''Don't worry. I know you're only looking out for me.'' Heather hugged him.

''Do you need a ride to school?'' he asked.

''I'm walking with Dak-''

''Text her. We'll pick her up.''

Heather smiled. ''Okay.''

-

Harry beeped the horn, and Dakota came rushing out. She opened the car door and climbed into the back. Heather and Dakota had been friends for so long that it was never awkward when Harry was there - Harry was almost like Dakota's adoptive older brother.

Dakota pointed at Heather. ''YOU!''

''Me?'' Heather asked.

''Oh...hang on.'' Dakota looked at Harry. ''Hey, Har.''

''Hi, Dak. Why are you shouting at my sister?''

''Right!'' She turned her attention back to Heather. ''Why the fuck are you hanging out with the triplets and why didn't you tell me?''

''Not you aswell!'' Heather groaned.

''I've already asked her about it.'' Harry looked at Dakota in the rear-view mirror.

''This is why you're my bro, Har.'' Dakota smiled and then turned back to Heather. ''So? Explain!''

''I don't know, Dak! We're math partners and I went over to work on the math assignment and-''

''The math assignment isn't due for like a month! There's no way you're starting it this early!'' Dakota argued.

Heather was quiet for a few seconds and then looked at Harry. He looked at her confused for a few seconds and then nodded slowly.

''She didn't want to come home.'' Harry said.

Dakota was quiet for a few seconds and then nodded. ''Shit. Sorry. I didn't even think of that.''

''Don't worry. I really didn't know we would be hanging out with Chris and Nick though. You know I would've told you.'' Heather looked at her friend.

''Are you hanging out with them again?'' Dakota asked.

Heather thought of the texts from earlier. She snuck a look at her phone - Matt still hadn't replied.

''I don't know.'' she said truthfully.

She wanted to. Chris and Nick wanted her to.

But she wanted Matt to want her to.

''If you do, will you at least let us know?'' Dakota asked.

''I will. I promise.'' Heather said and then looked at Harry. ''You're cool if I do, right?''

''I'm cool with anything you do as long as you don't get hurt, H.'' Harry shrugged. They arrived at school, and Harry pulled over. ''I would offer you guys a ride home but I'll be out.''

''Thanks for the ride, Har.'' Dakota said as she climbed out.

''See you, Dak.''

''Message me if you need me to come home. You know I will.'' Heather said as she opened the car door.

''I know. Message if you need me.''

''I will. Bye, Har.'' Heather climbed out and walked to the sidewalk with her friend.

''Heath?'' Dakota said in a small voice.

''Yeah?''

''I hope I didn't upset you in the car. I didn't mean to if I did.''

''You never upset me, idiot.'' Heather rolled her eyes. ''Dakota, I promise nothing is happening between me and Matt. If it did, I'd tell you.''

''Okay. What class do you have?''

''Geography. What about you?'' Heather replied.

''English. I'll see you later.''

''See you.''

-

Later:

Heather was walking across the field to meet George and Dakota when she suddenly heard somebody call her name. She turned and saw Matt heading towards her.

''Hey!'' Matt smiled when he caught her.

''Hi.'' Heather replied.

''You okay?'' Matt asked. He could tell by her body language and tone of voice that she wasn't.

''I'm okay.'' she answered.

''Right... anyway, did you want to hang out later?''

''You didn't respond to my text.''

Matt paused. ''I know, I'm sorry. We were leaving for school.''

''Oh.'' Heather replied.

''Obviously I want you to hang out with us otherwise I wouldn't have invited you.''

''Okay.'' she smiled.

''If you want, you can invite Dakota and George. We're going to the movies.''

''Sounds good. I'll ask them.''

''Cool.'' He paused. ''You wanna hang with us?''

''Right now?''

''Yeah.''

''But George and Dak-''

''-Can also hang with us.'' Matt looked at her. ''My friend group is nice, you know?''

''If you say so.''

Matt and Heather began walking across the field together. They were a weird duo.

Heather was a beautiful blonde who always wore a black puffy coat and her doc martens with whatever outfit she was wearing. Her hair was always down and covering most of her face, and she always smelt like cigarettes, no matter how much she sprayed.

Matt was attractive, a brunette who always wore the cross earrings. Aside from that, every outfit he wore was something new. He never rewore outfits, and even had a different jacket for everyday of the week.

They were completely different people - in looks and personality.

The only thing they had in common was each other.

-

They reached the benches where Alahna was sitting next to Nick and Chris, showing them something on her phone. Elmer had a notebook and pen, and was busy writing.

''Hey guys.'' Matt said as he sat down.

They looked up quickly, and then did a double take at Heather.

''Heather!'' Nick grinned.

''Couldn't stay away huh, Heath?'' Chris smiled.

''No. I just wanted to be near you so much!'' Heather said sarcastically and then rolled her eyes.

''Heather?'' Alahna looked at her.

''Yeah?''

''Do you have any cigarettes?''

''No...George does though. He'll be here in a minute.'' She paused. ''Thought you were quitting?''

''One a day doesn't hurt!''

Heather laughed as she sat down next to Matt, putting her bag on the floor. ''That is true.''

''Are you coming to the movies tonight, Heath?'' Elmer asked.

Heather looked at Matt. ''I don't mind.''

Matt looked at her. ''Obviously you're coming.''

Heather just about stopped a smile from spreading across her face as she looked back at the group. ''Looks like I'm coming then.''

''Sounds good.'' Elmer smiled, but his smile didn't seem genuine. Once again, Matt's entire body language changed, and only Heather noticed. She tried to gain eye contact with him, but he refused to look at her.

Heather suddenly felt very sick. Her brother's words were in her head, clear as day. Don't you find it weird that they have only started talking to you recently? You said it yourself...Matt didn't even know your name.

''Heather!''

She turned and saw George and Dakota coming up towards the benches.

She looked at Alahna. ''You coming to smoke?''

Alahna swung her legs over the bench and stood up. ''Yeah. Thanks, I'll owe you.''

''Don't worry about it.'' Heather said and stood up.

''Heather?'' Matt said.

She didn't even look at him, she just kept her gaze on Alahna. ''Let's go now.''

Alahna looked at Matt in confusion and then back at Heather. ''Okay.''

''Heather?'' Matt tried again.

She began walking away when Matt grabbed her elbow. She turned quickly and pulled away. ''Leave me alone.''

''Woah. What's happening?'' Matt asked.

''You tell me.'' Heather said coldly.

''Can we talk?'' Matt asked desperately.

Heather was quiet for a few seconds and then sighed.

''Fine.''

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

661K 9.9K 39
"home is wherever i'm with you" matt sturniolo x female oc
532K 1.2K 33
*✿☆♛☆✿* 𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐚 has always struggled with her mental health, but her best friend matt sturniolo is always there to help her through it. she loves...
8.7K 359 22
A man wants to forget every thing that happened in past. Some people are regretting their one decision in past. A story about a player who was one of...
103K 1.1K 24
SOCIAL MEDIA AU! why can't love be simple? "i don't know why i feel this way about you, i just do." chris sturniolo x fem oc