~29~

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

*Prom will be split into two chapters. This one will just be getting ready, and the next one will be at the prom <3

-

Heather could feel the butterflies in her stomach - today was prom. Until three weeks ago, she had been completely sure she would never go, and yet here she was, packing her things into a bag so she could get ready at her boyfriend's house. She couldn't comprehend how different her life had become in just a short amount of time, but she was so happy about it she didn't want to overthink it. She just wanted to go and have a good time at prom with her boyfriend and best friends.

She packed her bag hurriedly, but she slowed as her thoughts turned to Matt. The butterflies she felt turned absolutely feral whenever she thought about him. Heather hadn't had a boyfriend before, but she did have crushes, and none of them even compared slightly to what she felt for Matt. She stopped completely as the realisation washed over her.

She loved him.

Heather was shaken out of her thoughts when she heard the special knock on her bedroom door. She opened it, and Harry stepped inside.

''You okay?'' he asked.

''Yeah. Are you?''

''Yeah... I can't believe you're actually going to prom.'' he laughed slightly.

She turned, smiling at him. ''Is it so hard to believe?''

''With you? Yes! You were so against prom the entire time you're at school.''

''True. I guess I've changed my mind.''

Harry smiled to himself - he knew why his sister was going to prom. It wasn't because of Dakota, or George, or Chris. It was because of Matt. Harry didn't completely forgive Matt for what he had done, but he saw how happy he made Heather, and he was willing to try and put it behind them.

''Can I give you a ride to the triplet's house? I need to speak to Matt.'' Harry said.

She paused. ''You're not going to say anything bad, are you?''

He laughed. ''No.''

She nodded. ''Okay then. Thank you.''

''Do you want to leave now?''

Heather threw her lipstick into her bag, and then put it over her shoulder. ''Yes.''

-

Harry parked on the driveway, and the siblings climbed out of the car. They walked to the door, and Heather rang the bell. Matt pulled open the door with a grin, but it faded slightly when he saw Harry standing behind Heather. He knew what had happened last time he saw Harry, and that was literally the first time he had met the guy.

''Hey gorgeous.'' Matt said.

''Hi baby.'' Heather smiled encouragingly, kissing her boyfriend on the cheek as she entered the house.

Matt smiled, and then looked at Harry. ''Hey.''

Harry grinned. ''Hi, Matt. Can we talk?''

''Sure.'' he said, and then looked at Heather. ''Chris and Nick are in the living room.''

''Okay.'' Heather looked at Harry. ''Don't be a dick. I'll see you later, Har. ''

''See you, H.''

Heather smiled at the two boys, and then disappeared into the living room. Harry looked at Matt.

''I just wanted to say sorry for what I did in the parking lot. It wasn't cool but I was just looking out for my sister, you know? She's all I've got.''