~15~

A/N: This chapter is from Heather's perspective. Matt isn't really in it.

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

Heather felt frozen as she squinted slightly. ''What?''

''It was a dare. I dared him and I feel really bad now because you're super cool and I'm sorry for daring him. I'm really sorry, Heather.'' Elmer seemed to sober up as he apologised, talking quickly to get his words out.

She took one last drag of her cigarette and then threw it over the balcony. She looked at Elmer. ''Can I talk to Matt alone? Please?''

''Sure.'' Elmer mumbled and slid the balcony door shut behind him.

Heather turned to face Matt. ''A dare?''

''Heather-''

''You need to explain. Right now.''

''I can't-'' he whispered.

''Explain now!''

''Elmer dared me to talk to you. He dared me to take you on a date. He dared me to make you like me and then leave you.''

Heather felt like her heart dropped to the very pit of her stomach. She couldn't even move or speak. She felt so many emotions all at once - sadness, anger, betrayal, loneliness, confusion. She didn't know what to think, what to feel.

She looked at him. ''So, I was just apart of a dare?''

''Heather-''

''No, it's cool. I should've seen this one coming, you know? I don't ever get anything I want. I'm always stuck in the same shit.'' Heather blurted, her voice breaking. She turned to walk away, but Matt grabbed her shoulder gently.

''Please don't leave.''

''Don't worry - you still won the dare. Your social status won't be affected by me finding out.''

''Heather, it's not a dare anymore. That's why I went and spoke to Elmer-''

She turned back to him angrily. ''You actually got me to care about you! I don't care about anybody but you...I cared about you!'' she felt a tear drip down her cheek. ''Fuck you.''

''No, please-'' Matt grabbed her hand desperately, and she pulled it away with force.

''Don't ever talk to me again.'' she said and then walked away, slamming the balcony door behind her.

-

Heather walked through the house, blinking back tears and wiping them away from her face. She went to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of alcohol, and then drank it as she walked around the house. At first, she walked around searching for her friends, but as the alcohol got into her system, she forgot what she was doing.

She finished the bottle and then headed back to the kitchen. There were no more bottles on the counters, and she crouched down to look in the cupboards. She felt her hand slip and she fell forward, her face hitting the door. She sat against it, hiding her face in her hands.

''Heather?'' a voice said. She looked up to see Nick looking down at her.

She put her arms out, and he pulled her up. ''Hi, Nick! Were you on it too?''

''In on what? Are you drunk?'' he asked, confused.

''Maybe. It's a party!'' she took a step backwards, and then focused on Nick. ''Where's Elmer?''

''We're all in the living room. We just guessed you were with Matt-''

Heather laughed. ''No. I'll never be with Matt again. He's a fucking liar.''