~27~

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

Time skip from last chapter:

-

It was the lunch break, and the group of friends sat at the top of the field. There was a perfectly fine bench next to them - but they decided to sit on the grass as they spoke to each other. Dakota was resting her hand on Alahna's thigh, and Alahna had her hand on Dakota's. Chris was wearing black shades and was concentrating slightly on what Nick was talking about. Elmer was typing on his phone, whilst Heather and George were busy mumbling to each other as George rolled them both a cigarette. Matt was listening to his brothers, but his pinky was hooked with Heather's, and she smiled at him before looking back to George.

''Okay, so, I've got some lyrics for my song.'' Elmer said.

Alahna, Nick, Chris and Matt groaned.

''What?'' Dakota grinned at the reaction of her friends.

''Elmer always says he has lyrics, and then decides he hates them as soon as he shares.'' Chris rolled his eyes.

''I have lyrics this time!''

''Real ones this time?'' Matt asked.

''Yes!'' Elmer argued.

''Let's hear them then, Pleit.'' Chris said and patted him on the back.

Elmer opened his mouth to talk, but Matt put his hand up to interrupt. ''Does the song have a name yet?''

''Not definite but I'm thinking block my number.''

''Sounds cool.'' Heather nodded.

The group fell quiet as they waited for Elmer to talk about the lyrics. He paused dramatically, and then began to read off his paper. ''Block my number and my snapchat. Why you gotta get like that? You a dime, had to wife you, but you causing problems I don't like that.'' Elmer sang in the tune of the song, and then looked at the group. ''What do you think?''

''It sounds good!'' Nick grinned.

''I hate to admit it, but I agree with Nick.'' George agreed.

''I'd totally listen to that even if we weren't friends!'' Alahna smiled.

''You know I love your music, Elm.'' Dakota said.

''You're gonna make it, Pleit!'' Chris laughed, dapping him up.

''Heath? Matt?'' Elmer looked at them both.

They were both looking at each other, and Heather had a small smile on her face, but they both snapped their attention back to Elmer.  It was obvious they hadn't been paying attention. They were quiet for a few seconds, trying to decide what to say, and then Heather began clapping.

''It was awesome, Elmer. I can't wait to hear the rest of your stuff!'' she smiled.

The rest of the group looked at her, confused on why she was clapping, but then Matt joined in. He clapped dramatically for a few moments and then nodded. ''It was cool, Elm.''

Elmer laughed slightly and smiled. ''Thanks, guys.''

''You're welcome.'' Heather stood up. ''I'm going for a smoke.''

''I'll come.'' Matt stood up immediately.

George opened his mouth to say he would join them, but they were already turning and walking down the hill before he had the chance. He looked at Dakota, who smiled and nodded knowingly. She knew why they were leaving together - they were probably going to discuss prom.