~24~

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

The group went back to the triplet's home and went into the living room.

''Can we watch a movie?'' Nick asked, grabbing the remote.

''Depends on what it is.'' Chris replied.

''Not a romance film...I can't deal with that.'' Elmer said.

''Comedy?'' Dakota asked.

The group logged onto Netflix and began looking through the films. Heather and Matt were there too, obviously, but none of them wanted to be. They both wanted to be upstairs in Matt's room, talking about anything and everything.

''Heather!''

She jumped slightly, looking at Dakota. ''What?''

''Chris has never seen the breakfast club.''

''Snitch.'' Chris looked at Dakota as she laughed and put her middle finger up.

Heather looked at him in disbelief. ''Seriously?''

Chris shrugged. ''Sorry.''

''Matt hasn't either.'' Heather rolled her eyes.

''I have.''

She looked at him. ''Liar.''

''No, I have.''

She paused. ''But you hadn't before...?''

''I watched it.''

She was quiet for a few moments and then ran her hand through her hair. ''I'm glad.''

The group looked at them both for a second and then went back to arguing over which movie to watch. Heather and Matt continued looking at each other until he looked back at the TV. She wanted to copy him, but she couldn't pull her eyes away. He definitely, 100% hadn't watched the movie when she had come over and they had watched benchwarmers. So, that meant he must've watched it after which meant he watched it...for her? She looked away from him, trying to stop a smile from appearing on her face.

The group finally settled on a movie and began to watch. The movie played for about 20 minutes and then Matt stood up. Nick looked at him for a second, nodded once, and then turned his attention back to the movie.

Heather looked at him, and they made eye contact. Matt moved his head in the direction of the stairs and then walked out of the room. She waited for a minute, and then followed him out.

''Matt?'' she hissed as she walked out of the room.

''Hey.'' he came out of the kitchen, holding two cans of soda. He held one out for her. ''Here.''

She took it. ''Thanks. Are we going upstairs to talk?''

''Yeah.''

They walked up the stairs and into Matt's room. He put his drink down on the desk, and then raised an eyebrow as he watched Heather push the duvet back and climb into his bed. She didn't notice him looking, and then stopped when she looked at him.

''Sorry.'' she muttered, beginning to move away from the bed.

''You can stay there.'' Matt said.

''Really?'' she asked.

He rolled his eyes. ''Obviously.''

She hesitated. ''Are you getting in?''

Matt looked at her for a second and then walked over to the bed. He climbed in, and then sat opposite Heather. She looked at him for a few seconds - she wanted him to hug her and kiss her forehead - but he didn't, and she sighed silently. Matt looked at her for a few seconds - he wanted to put his arms around her and beg her to forgive him for the 200th time - but he didn't want to seem annoying, and he sighed silently.